Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Absolute Lithops

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

Worldshatter posted:

No, I don't drink. Didn't you know alcohol is technically a poison. What sort of idiot would willingly dull an intellect as vast as mine.

Sherlock Holmes is the smartest man who ever lived and he did drugs because he was too smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metal Pink Babble

by FactsAreUseless

Absolute Lithops posted:

Sherlock Holmes is the smartest man who ever lived and he did drugs because he was too smart.

He did so many druqs, he could only see a wasted snipe in place of this post,

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Mariana Horchata

Absolute Lithops posted:

ya even racing cars need good brakes

Absolute Lithops

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

Mariana Horchata posted:

I had a WISC-III done in middle school and the results (which i found only last year) showed a significant VIQ/PIQ discrepency with one in superior range the other average,
Is this for real?

Piso Mojado

mysterious frankie posted:

mom: for calling your science teacher "a peabrained mendicant" you're grounded for a week, mister.
me: I simply call it as I see it from my lofty intellectual perch, mother.
mom: well if you were so smart then why didn't you get away with it, huh?
me: well if you're so smart how come you didn't notice that you're talking to a tiger talkboy strapped to a bean bag wearing one of my signature poet shirts?
mom: *makes freaked out face as she realizes she's been owned by the best*
me: *driving away in her minivan, blaring hey man, nice shot*

Carmant

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

TFW you're smarter than both presidential candidates and you miss half the debate from constantly facepalming

----------------

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
I'm so smart that I have to pretend to be really dumb to fit in and even then people think I'm a genius!

GORDON

by Fluffdaddy
I always feel awkward when I start laughing at jokes a beat before everyone else.

----------------

Music Theory

GORDON posted:

I always feel awkward when I start laughing at jokes a beat before everyone else.

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
A POINT BY POINT EXPLANATION OF WHY ALL THE REASONS I WAS FIRED FROM THE GAS STATION ARE BULLSHIT

1: let my friend Cody live there at night: Cody and I go way back and so I gotta do the guy a solid (samurai outlaw code of honor, look it up in the school of the autodidacts, i.e. The Internet) and after all those times Cody broke in and stole fifth avenue bars and toilet paper it was pretty obvious that we needed night security. it killed two birds with one stone! but apparently if you don't have a management degree from College Among The Redwoods like Steve you're not qualified to make decisions that can save the company potential millions.

2. shorted out the electrical system while trying to hang Mensa certification: a professional should be able to hang proof of their accreditation in their place of business. duh. even my grandfather has a Worlds Best Grandpa certificate, framed, on the wall of his den. so why can't I? people should know that when I overhear their conversations and give them life advice that it's coming from a well of deep insight, so it's not my fault Steve did not provide a stud finder with the deep scan function I would have needed to detect the wiring in the exact spot I was hammering the nail? I ASKED FOR THIS DEVICE WEEKS IN ADVANCE! also apparently I hung it in front of the sign to that says what year you have to have been born in if you want smokes and booze. whatever man. that's a bullshit law anyways and babies should be allowed to drink.

3. smoked a lot of meth all the time in the bathroom: uh... they were lab chemicals. from a lab. you know, where scientists are from??? it's not called doing drugs; it's called being physically & recreationally addicted to cuttting edge nootropics, look them up and get educated before the next time you act like a mega dick and freak a guy out who is just starting to peak on his brain enhancing ochre powder.

4. beat up my stepdad in the parking lot: ok yeah this one I have to cop to.

in summation, President Obama, this whole thing is bullshit so please call Steve and tell him to give me my job back. thank you and may you be blessed by your own rationality.

respectfully,
Brian Stopka, esq (iq 164, https://www.freetests.org certified)

Try Juno Free internet today and find out what millions of Cambodians are talking about! https://www.juno.com

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

FactsAreUseless

A POINT BY POINT EXPLANATION OF WHY ALL THE REASONS I WAS FIRED FROM THE GAS STATION ARE BULLSHIT

1: let my friend Cody live there at night: Cody and I go way back and so I gotta do the guy a solid (samurai outlaw code of honor, look it up in the school of the autodidacts, i.e. The Internet) and after all those times Cody broke in and stole fifth avenue bars and toilet paper it was pretty obvious that we needed night security. it killed two birds with one stone! but apparently if you don't have a management degree from College Among The Redwoods like Steve you're not qualified to make decisions that can save the company potential millions.

2. shorted out the electrical system while trying to hang Mensa certification: a professional should be able to hang proof of their accreditation in their place of business. duh. even my grandfather has a Worlds Best Grandpa certificate, framed, on the wall of his den. so why can't I? people should know that when I overhear their conversations and give them life advice that it's coming from a well of deep insight, so it's not my fault Steve did not provide a stud finder with the deep scan function I would have needed to detect the wiring in the exact spot I was hammering the nail? I ASKED FOR THIS DEVICE WEEKS IN ADVANCE! also apparently I hung it in front of the sign to that says what year you have to have been born in if you want smokes and booze. whatever man. that's a bullshit law anyways and babies should be allowed to drink.

3. smoked a lot of meth all the time in the bathroom: uh... they were lab chemicals. from a lab. you know, where scientists are from??? it's not called doing drugs; it's called being physically & recreationally addicted to cuttting edge nootropics, look them up and get educated before the next time you act like a mega dick and freak a guy out who is just starting to peak on his brain enhancing ochre powder.

in summation, President Obama, this whole thing is bullshit so please call Steve and tell him to give me my job back. thank you and may you be blessed by your own rationality.

respectfully,

Try Juno Free internet today and find out what millions of Cambodians are talking about! https://www.juno.com

City of Glompton

respectfully,

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

respectfully,

:five:

social vegan

respectfully,

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

A CISHET SHITLORD

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
i'm the guy from house thats so smart he has to chug robotussin to fit in with the normies, irl

they refused to put my name in the credits which is bs but such ephemeral things are of no consequence when i am enlightened by my own intelligence

*pounds a 6 pack of dat tussin*

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

I don't understand why people call Rain Man mentally impaired. Clearly he was above the stupid sentiments and emotions of all the idiot normals around him, and his frustration with their blatant ignorance would cause him to have some very minor meltdowns like I did that time my BITCH mom didn't get that I absolutely need the apple jack plush because it would complete my corral, but my allowance was already gone because I had to get the new concept art for the next star citizen ship.

social vegan

*does machines, like donatello*

Piso Mojado

respectfully,

lmbo

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
when I tried to use the smart-house control app on my iphone it ended up controlling me instead

mysterious frankie

thank you everyone for the warm welcome you've given me to this illustrious think tank. about me? well if I was going to say one thing about myself it would be that model trains and the game nomic are my absolute passions, after star trek and having a "deep think" about how to guide social policy in this nation, of course. if I was going to say two things about myself, the second thing would be that I am required by law to inform you I am a registered sex offender in the state of nevada... *clears throat* I suppose the first thing was actually a collection of things. my apologies.

----------------

Ace of Baes

respectfully,

The_Book_Of_Harry

HighwireAct posted:

teacher: the earthquake had disastrous consequences for San Francisco, due in no small part to the fires sparked from its ruptured gas pipes. some parts of the city were absolutely decimated, and-
me: so only one tenth of those parts were destroyed?
teacher: e-excuse me…?
me: ever take a look at a dictionary, nerd? decimate means “to reduce by one-tenth”
teacher: language isn't a static construct-
me: whatever, old man. give me a ring after you learn some basic english
teacher:
me: *flies off on my copy of “elements of style”*

quote:

Think before you decimate

So given that these two meanings of decimate appeared almost simultaneously, why are we so obsessed with assigning the punitive meaning to the word? A likely answer is that people are falling prey to what is known as the Etymological Fallacy, a tendency to believe that a word’s current meaning should be dictated by its roots. Unfortunately for the etymological purists, decimate comes from the Medieval Latin word decimatus, which means ‘to tithe’. The word was then assigned retrospectively to the Roman practice of punishing every tenth soldier.

So, next time you attend a symposium (etymologically, drinking partner) with someone sinister (etymologically, left-handed), and they launch into a tirade about the misuse of this word, you’ll be able to decimate their argument in no time at all.

http://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2012/09/does-decimate-mean-destroy-one-tenth/

...and boom goes the dynamite

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

out-smarted the smarties

loquacius

Before we invest too much time into discussing how this correction I derailed the conversation to deliver was, in the end, technically speaking, maybe a little bit inaccurate (we should double-check this, later, before we make any official judgments on that), I should mention that your explanation reminds me of something tangentially related which I'm right about. Let's talk about that instead. I am very smart.

loquacius fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Sep 28, 2016

The_Book_Of_Harry

:haw:

mysterious frankie

tried to get some choice sam harris quotes airbrushed in cursive on my vintage bad religion tee, guy at the airbrush booth in the mall knows neither cursive nor who sam harris is... my gods, has the school system become this debased since I graduated three years early (well, abdicated, but that's splitting hairs and I have so few left to spare :P)? ohhhhh well, that's just life in this squalid little burb for you. sigh.

----------------

Paladinus

heyHEYYYY!!!
I know a bunch of words and phrases in Latin, so I'm pretty linguistically advanced. On thing I really hate is when people say semper FAI. It's pronounced like fee, you idiots. Stop saying it the wrong, incorrect way.

loquacius

Paladinus posted:

I know a bunch of words and phrases in Latin, so I'm pretty linguistically advanced. On thing I really hate is when people say semper FAI. It's pronounced like fee, you idiots. Stop saying it the wrong, incorrect way.

Don't even get me started on when people pronounce the "ae" ending like "ay". That one's supposed to be pronounced the way you think the "i" ending is pronounced, mouth-breathers :rolleyes:

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

Ahundredbux posted:

when I tried to use the smart-house control app on my iphone it ended up controlling me instead

If you're so smart, why are you a house?

----------------

google THIS

I am enlightened by my own intelligence. It's kind of like plugging a power strip back into itself, except in my case it actually works.

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
I'm Neil deGrasse Tyson's Neil deGrasse Tyson.

----------------

mysterious frankie

misty mountaintop posted:

I'm Neil deGrasse Tyson's Neil deGrasse Tyson.
drat that's pretty pretty degrasse.
you reminded me of this thing I made awhile ago:

NEIL DEGRASSE TYSON IN VARIOUS SITUATIONS

HAVING SEX
wife tyson: ooh it feels good to have you inside me.
husband tyson: actually the vaginal canal is not technically the inside of your body.
wife tyson:...goddamit neil
wife tyson:...
wife tyson:...if you weren't so good at this i'd ask you to stop.

ON A TEEVEE SHOW
shildim: bazoorka! *laughter*
tyson: *places hand on shiftlist's shoulder* math *laughter*
socom: s-sempai! *laughter*
*laughter continues*

ON A DIFFERENT TEEVEE SHOW
bilbo marr: tyson, what do you think about the star wars? should obama have ended the star wars by now?
tyson: the star wars are a movie, bilbo. they are not real. obama did not make them. george lucas originally devised the idea for the star wars.
bilbo marr: but weed atheism new rule?
tyson: yes. probably.

AT THE ARBYS RESTAURANT
tyson: hello, I would like twelve beef an cheddars.
cashier:???
tyson: I really like beef an cheddars.

AT THE SPACEARIUM
tyson: *looks through telescope* woah. uranus is very beautiful tonight.
dr. janet uranus: *blushes* oh my, neil!
tyson: no, I meant the planet. you are a solid 4.6
dr. janet uranus: *puts hands up in a whaddya gonna do pose* that's our neil! *credits begin rolling over still images of the events of the day*

IN THE FILM JERRY MAGUIRE
tyson: did you know that matter is mostly empty space?
ray: d'you know that the human head weighs 8 pounds?
*they consider one another for many long minutes, then lock in a passionate embrace*

AT A FANCY RESTAURANT WITH HIS WIFE
waiter: and you sir?
tyson: do you have any beef an cheddars?
wife tyson: *pinching the bridge of her nose while closing her eyes* goddamit, you magnificent fuckbeast.

----------------

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

it is more economically viable to be a house than to buy one

social vegan

....g-getting a new lease on life

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
*takes out 2nd mortgage on self*

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
someday 2+2 will = 5, hopefully in the next couple years before that rear end in a top hat mr. smith dies so i can laugh at him and tell him i was right

Nooner

AN A+ OPSTER (:

social vegan posted:

....g-getting a new lease on life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus

heyHEYYYY!!!
I am intelligent enough not to waste my time on joining Mensa and paying membership fees. I know I'm clever enough and I don't need some stupid organisation to confirm it. All I need is results of an IQ test I've taken online where I scored 140 that I keep on my wall.

• Locked thread