Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius

Before we invest too much time into discussing how this correction I derailed the conversation to deliver was, in the end, technically speaking, maybe a little bit inaccurate (we should double-check this, later, before we make any official judgments on that), I should mention that your explanation reminds me of something tangentially related which I'm right about. Let's talk about that instead. I am very smart.

loquacius fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Sep 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius

Paladinus posted:

I know a bunch of words and phrases in Latin, so I'm pretty linguistically advanced. On thing I really hate is when people say semper FAI. It's pronounced like fee, you idiots. Stop saying it the wrong, incorrect way.

Don't even get me started on when people pronounce the "ae" ending like "ay". That one's supposed to be pronounced the way you think the "i" ending is pronounced, mouth-breathers :rolleyes:

loquacius

In a perfect world, college admissions would be based on the pure intelligence-ranking metrics of the IQ test (in its free "open-sourced" online incarnation, of course, rather than the overpriced "official" one judged behind closed doors by hacks with agendas) and I would have been awarded the Ivy League admission I deserve.

Also, midterm remedial comp-sci exams at the local community college would be based on IQ scores as well rather than on something so situational and subjective as "course material" and I would therefore have taken my rightful place atop the class rankings rather than flunking out after 3/4ths of a semester. Which was of course a travesty of justice; the dean has yet to respond to my strongly-worded letters which I assume means my appeal is ongoing.

loquacius

FactsAreUseless posted:

Einstein couldn't dress himself or tie his shoes and also he jerked off to cartoon horses and guess what, I do all those things too, so maybe shut the gently caress up because I don't give a poo poo if you're engaged to my mom, Jason.

Einstein also married his first cousin, so I really think my treatment at last year's family reunion was a bit of an overreaction

I tried explaining that to Uncle Kevin but like all philistines he was already shouting at the top of his lungs the second he found me in those bushes :rolleyes: You simply can't talk to some people. Troglodytes, really.

loquacius

Inferior supplicant: Oh great and powerful IQ savant, if you would pause your anime-appraisal work for but a moment, I have an important request!

Me: *hits spacebar to pause VLC; sighs heavily* This is important work, peon. Do not be long.

Inferior supplicant: Of course not, your intelligence! *holds up a sheet of paper, in trembling hands* I need your insight into an important problem: I must identify which of these four complex geometrical designs does not conform to the same pattern as the other three, but my mere normal-range IQ simply cannot handle such a complex calcu--

Me: *glances at paper for a fraction of a second before returning to the game of chess I'm playing against an intermediate-level AI* It's the third one.

Inferior supplicant: The... the third one? But its pattern appears identical to the others in ev--

Me: *rolls eyes and sighs heavily again as I score another checkmate* Look at the yellow triangle.

Inferior supplicant: Yes... yes, of course! According to the correct pattern, that triangle should be green! Thank you so much, your intelligence! This pure, IQ-based caste system would never function without one so gifted as--

Me: That will be all. You may show yourself out, if someone as dimly gifted as yourself can perceive the door. Orihime-chan, another MTN Dew, if you would be so kind. Arigatou.

loquacius

FactsAreUseless posted:

Sapiosexual but only if you're hot.

I can't really consider myself "straight", no. Straight people are preoccupied with other people's bodies, whereas I am primarily interested in an attractive mind. Really, you need an entirely new word to describe my sexual orientation, because I'm simply not like everyone else.

What, no, I wouldn't bone Stephen Hawking. I said I'm sapiosexual, not gay. Besides, he's in a wheelchair, gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius

ninety posted:

if you're so smart why not have sex with a girl get a non-retail job and smile from time to time. anyone have a rebuttal to this im in mensa but struggling

A noxious plague of anti-intellectualism infects not only the entire world's female population but also anyone who reads my resume

I don't understand how else you could read my resume, which consists of my top-notch IQ test score in crisp 72-point Helvetica, and decide I'm not worth employing. Jealousy, maybe? Perhaps they fear for their own jobs with a keen intellect such as myself present. It's not easy being this naturally intimidating.

• Locked thread