Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
ugh, doesn't everything make you feel "some type of way"? could you be a little more specific? :rolleye:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
season two of TNG is really hard for me to watch. i know they were trying to go for that bones/spock dynamic where the frenetic tempestuous doctor enviously and fruitlessly provokes the stoic, cool, focused science officer for being in control of his affect and responding with logic instead of reacting with emotion, but dr. pulaksi was clearly malicious, not jealous. spock at least understood emotions, he simply chose to rise above them. data was struggling to grasp even the simplest of human interactions, but in every instance, there was dr. pulaski, waiting like a carrion bird to shamelessly pluck the eyeballs from data's aborted attempts at relating to his fellow starfleet officers. i find data to be a very sympathetic character, having struggled myself with understanding the turbulent irrational nature of other humans, and furthermore

Gatekeeper

FutonForensic posted:

me: It only makes sense that you would go out with me; it's rare for a youth like myself to achieve self-actualization, and that makes me desirable. Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs?

her: excuse me?

me: Attachment theory. Classical conditioning? Psychosexual development!

her: you're just naming psychology theories--you have the textbook open right in front of you! friggin' stop it!!

me: Anal fixation! Anal fixation! Anal fixation!

auggh this whole thread is helldumping me :(

Gatekeeper

i'd really like to effect change from within the police force but you know they'd have to turn me away after the IQ tests :smugmrgw:

• Locked thread