Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I believe he's a firm believer in the belief that melanin is some sort of highly volatile psychoactive drug like PCP that will turn you into a frothing lunatic if you have too much of it.

I mean, how else could he possibly explain his belief that skin lightening is the path to enlightenment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
It's even a thing in the UK. While we had our own particular brand of nastiness when it came to slavery, I always thought the whole house negro/field negro thing was an American thing but it's not.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The irony of citing the Taliban as being the prime targets of Western cultural imperialism is that were it not for the west arming them when they were still the mujahedeen they would have been a small insurgent force crushed by the Soviets.

The white man's burden went slightly awry that time. Maybe we'll get it right next time.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
It obviously was. But how anyone can look at that conflict and the literal decades long shitstorm that followed afterwards and seriously think 'Military action definitely works!' is beyond me.

And the situation in Africa is a tiny, tiny bit more complicated than 'Bad men called Boko Haram show up, everything is terrible', and once again an excellent example of Imperialism being a grand endeavour that only makes things better.

• Locked thread