Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Star Base, Biology and Civilian.

Star bases are cool, people apparently breed faster if provided with burgers and a non-aggressive exploration might help us score with hot alien babes. And in the end, is that not what man has dreamt of since first he looked up at the stars?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I don't know the first goddamn thing about this game so I'll refrain from voting,
Surely that has never stopped anyone from voting? Who cares if you haven't got the slightest clue what anything will do later on and what strategies are the best? Just go with what you think will be good and it will be good. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Asteroid Mine, Hydroponic Farms and of course the

FaceFullofPewPew Frigate Class
Basic Junk
Better Engines
7x Forward Facing Laser Cannons
1x Point Defense Laser

Missiles are all well and good but if we do run into big angry aliens we must be able to headbutt them to show our strength and put them in their place.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

nweismuller posted:

From within the Chiefs of Staff:

"So you mean to tell me that the proposal with the most legislative support for when we called for a new dedicated space control vessel is a ship that can only do missile engagements, will lose in missile duels with our original proposal, and will do this for a mere 23% increase in price? This is a boondoggle of the highest proportions! Our entire mission with the design is to win space engagements!"

Internal support within the Chiefs of Staff favors the Texas, Arbalest, or Lancer proposals over the Archer. In general, the Chiefs of Staff are reluctant to rely on designs that entirely sacrifice missile capacity at this point, as, barring strong opposing point defense, missile launch is likely to be the most powerful component of our offense.
What did he expect after putting it out to contractors?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Our crew members will definitely be wearing nuclear missiles as hats.

Poil fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Sep 28, 2016

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Making things faster is always good so an Autofactory would be very useful.

Claim more stuff with a colony ship, I'm sure it'll be fine.

Spend some time thinking about engineering to make better and bigger stuff. Hopefully?

There's gold in them there hills on Tarazad II, so grab it!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Ah, but if we go computers now we can justify spending a lot of money on cool bean weapons and poo poo later on.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Wait, so we might have bears sneaking around and gathering information on us without our knowledge?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

nweismuller posted:

See, it's actually not very convoluted at all. MoO, MoO2, and nuMoO are all basically the 'same thing' in the same way that each game in the Civilisation series is the 'same thing'. As somebody who played both MoO and MoO2, nuMoO owes much more about its mechanics and concepts to MoO2. The only thing that complicates things is MoO3, which, it's worth noting, had a totally different design team from MoO and MoO2, which tried to introduce elements of continuity where they didn't fit- which means taking MoO3 as an authority on MoO and MoO2 is pretty much like taking fanfiction.net as an authority on, say, Star Trek.
All I'm seeing is a lot of moo. Do we get to see space cows too? :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

No opinion on the tech.

Yea on the new ship. Can we name individual ships by the way?
Yea on the spy center. Train our agents using bear sleeping bags.

Find and destroy the Bulrathi pirates. Put our military might to the test and crush the filthy xeno pirate scum for glory and sweet loot. Also it would be the neighborly thing to do.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

This would never have happened if people had voted for a strong military instead of frivolous junk all the time. :colbert:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Crazycryodude posted:

TIL infrastructure, research, exploration, and colonization is frivolous junk. Sorry we didn't go maximum space jingoist as the peaceful traders race. We just had the bad luck to start next to the race that was kinda built for maximum space jingoism.
Maybe you might actually need to get some defenses if you start near a race built for space jingoism? I mean, you don't attempt to start to spam wonders if you start next to Monty in Civ 5 do you? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Can we send sleeper agents to them? I approve of that.

Also, don't kill the bears. Make them a high autonomy vassal or something instead. :(

• Locked thread