Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Crazycryodude posted:

Wait is this an actual, put-your-choice-in-bold vote for what ship class we're gonna use or just a general testing the waters type thing? Also, would you people please stop voting for the Archer? That bomb is just wasted tonnage at this point in the game, if we're ever in a situation where we need to bomb things (read: a major war with another empire) our dinky little early game destroyers ain't gonna do poo poo anyways. Also, If nothing else, Nweiss has pretty much come as close to asking you not to as he ever will.

Edit: If it is a vote (and even if it's not) the Arbalest is the design I support, because it doesn't waste tonnage on bombs and is missile based instead of laser based. I've explained my opposition to bombs, and I favor missiles over lasers because right now armor is thin and shields are non-existent so basically whoever has the largest alpha strike at the longest range wins, meaning missiles dominate the early game. Now, it can be defeated by a theoretical heavy PD design, but from a purely meta perspective only human players try those kinds of gimmicks, the AI favors balanced designs that the Arbalest can defeat.

Arbalest all the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread