Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
Yay more Nweismuller LP's of MoO! :joy:

I played this a ton during the beta but just haven't had the time to play it since release. I keep telling myself I'll start up a play but I've dedicated myself to playing/beating my less replayable steam library games so repeatable ones like this tend to fall by the wayside.

I think the game borrows a lot from Civ, but I really enjoy the ship customization they have available, and the new real time combat. I do not enjoy the space lanes vs. distance based travel, but I still like the game and hope they improve upon it and maybe we even get a sequel somewhere down the line. They need to introduce leaders/admirals back into this game too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
Factories

Electronics

While colonization would be any peaceful humans choice, we are under imminent threat of attack. We have every expectation that our military will deflect the threat, however our men and women on the Arbalest have no real combat experience, and we cannot bank the lives of civilians on an outcome we don't know. We must be prepared with another ship in case the defense force fails to protect the fledgling defense post. That said, we have no needs to implement stronger weapons or new ship designs at this time. Intelligence shows that the incoming enemy will be attempting to swarm us, not with superior firepower. Furthermore, new designs and stronger ships would risk those too falling into enemy hands.

Tarazad is the clear selection for future colonization. That system is the only one so far to offer more than one suitable location. It's proximity to Sol will make it easier to communicate with, trade with, and should the need arise to defend. The system will be the new future of the Human Republic so I put forth the possible names of Genesis and Exodus. (Backup name of Horizon, if this government doesn't want to be associated with lost religions)

Furthermore: We need of a dedicated scouting ship to explore as much as possible. While opponents of this plan in the past say a scouting vessel would lack the ability to do anything else, the knowledge gained from such a ship would be invaluable to us in the future. Furthermore, a ship with no weapons holds no value to renegade thieves who would try to use weapons to further their evil plans.

Sum Mors fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Oct 1, 2016

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
Late to the subject, but yes, adding a story line to the physical game in this genre is stupid.

Unless you're this guy right here who comes up with brilliant LP stories: http://lparchive.org/Civilization-V-Peace-Walker/

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

nweismuller posted:

Wait, are you saying what I'm doing in my LPs is stupid? Or are you referring to the MoO3 stuff?

I'm referring to the MoO3 stuff. What you're doing isn't so much "adding story" as giving your current playthrough a narrative and audience interaction. It's wonderful and I love your LPs. The gentleman in that LP gave 2 playthroughs of his Civ game an actual backstory and explanation of why resetting the game would happen, which is quite interesting and well written for his almost fanfic subject.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
Do you plan on continuing this beyond the current playthrough? What races would you be interested in doing?

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

Siegkrow posted:

Hey Nweis, you have a tendency to turn your empires into Libertarian Utopias in which Money makes everyone a good person. It's not bad, but it's kinda weird seeing the same gimick in several games. Ever thought of doing something different? Maximum Communism for Good?[Wasn't there an LP of SMAC which tried to play as Yang as a GOOD version of supercommunism?] Or Super Space-Hitler? Hell, even a flawed capitalist society would be interesting.

He gives audience partial control for a reason. Offer up votes that go against the norm. Vote to bolster military when available. Let loose your inner Trump and see if others pick up on it.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
Space bears see you playing friendly econ/science game and will have none of it!

Should have listened to the warhawks and made ready. A gun in every hand, a fighter in every hanger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
I know this vote will be lost to time due to the huggy feely types but: Bulrathi delenda est!

• Locked thread