Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

nweismuller posted:

Space monsters date at least back to Master of Orion 2; pirates had an implementation in MoO2 that was just 'station ships in this system to stop losing freighters and getting your trade income tanked' as one of the possible random events in that game (another was getting a chunk of your treasury spontaneously stolen by pirates). I forget if any piracy implementation existed as one of the random events in Master of Orion 1.

Space monsters and the first piracy event you described date back to Master of Orion 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

nweismuller posted:

Well, looks to me as if the LP is unfortunately going to have to be cancelled due to save breaking.

Can you link the save file so we can take a look at it?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

nweismuller posted:

The two files linked to the save. If somebody is capable of downloading those, zeroing pollution everywhere in the galaxy, and reuploading them, that would be great, but I'm not holding my breath. (For that matter, if Bulra is still normal-G, go ahead and have mercy on the bears and fix it for them.)

Interesting the two different files there. Some of this is intelligible - I can find Hiraki, Ursa, etc. - so maybe. I'll have to be at a computer with MOO to really dig in of course.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Well, the .data file doesn't seem to change much. However, even just renaming "Sol" to "Sol2" seems to cause a rather amazing list of changes in the .save files, so I don't think it's gonna work out unless somebody in the forums gives a little information.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Prism posted:

May as well link it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792622

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

nweismuller posted:

I don't think so- MoO2 didn't have such a penalty- but I haven't seen what happens in nuMoO yet.

The original MOO did have that penalty, so we'll see I guess.

• Locked thread