Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Saw this game pop up a bit ago, excited to see how it looks compared to the originals.

*Edit* Star Base, Physics, Militarised Exploration

Jimmy4400nav fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Sep 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Automated Factories, Economics, Colony Ship, Tarazad Prime!

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
(Industrial expansion, Huscarl, Military Tactics, wait on the 4th ship to relieve Paradise)

Senator Titus Jun- Greater Sakhalin-Kamchatka Krai

With respect to the speaker from the Palestine Region, I believe hes vastly overestimating the commitment of our people to a long term occupation of a alien species. Bulra is a large world, possibly larger than our own home world. Unlike the colonies on Paradise, Bulra is home to hundreds of dispersed cities, warrens and other fortified strong points from before the unification of the Empire. An invasion would require the conquest of most of these positions, and given the immorality of an indiscriminate bombardment of the planet, we'd be forced to take these positions manually, meaning more deaths for our own people. And to what would be the effect? We can easily achieve a peace and maintain security via a long term interdiction of Bulra without the need to commit ground forces.

Perhaps we should focus on the immediate security of the republic before we delusionally envision ourselves as the rulers of the galaxy. The Bulrathi need to be contained and we can do so for a minimal cost. To commit to an invasion is asking all our constituents to sacrifice prosperity, and their loved ones to a nebulous long term and costly occupation on an entire world full of hostile contacts. Would we as humans meekly roll over in submission if Earth were occupied? Of course no, we'd fight tooth and nail and fight even after we'd officially had surrendered. I imagine the Bulrathi and us share that trait in common.

Lets no needlessly complicate our first frays into space, some principles of simplicity of necessary.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

My fellow Senators, what a word of difference time makes. As I so earlier advocated, a more limited response to Bulrathi aggression has paid great dividends. The warmongering old emperor has passed and his son so far has presented a much more...conciliatory front towards our interests. As our ancestors so wisely said in the past, let not the sins of the father bear onto his son! I would like to also go on to...

Solar Herald

SENATOR UNDER FIRE FOR RACIALLY INSENSITIVE REMARKS!

LATER THE DAY

...Okay, so turns out bear is a bit of a loaded word now. I would like to, er remind my fellow senators to exercise caution in assigning labels to alien species based on terrestrial analogs, apparently to some they find such labels....desapientizing.

Anyways, onto business, the new Emperor has proven to be amiable to us, so I see no reason we cannot return the favor. We should keep a strong pressence on the border to be sure, but I see no reason we cannot attempt a more peaceful relation with the Bulrathi for the time-being with their new leadership. Therefore I vote to remain on Friendly in terms of our posture. However, I do recommend that we verify this trust by refraining from sharing any technical data in trades for now. The Bulrathi did launch a sneak attack on us, no reason we have to hug them now, we can be peaceful but still at an arms length.

For our colony choice, I vote Sunrise for the name and I nominate Segel for our next choice! For Science I pick Advanced Engineering for our target.

Edit Orbital Masses

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Since we're almost 200 years into the future you could argue that Finnish has simply morphed more into its google translated version!

• Locked thread