Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

nweismuller posted:

4) Terrans- why exactly is there a second Human species out there that appears to have been designed by an edgy teenager? I do not want to deal with two 'Humanities' in my game, that's stupid.

In my opinion, it would have been far better to call them "Golgathans", give them swords as main weapons and huge ground combat bonuses because they make everyone stand still and monologue while they cut you down. Your political leader is Owen Deathstalker, your science advisor is some guy named Wolf who instead of techs will give you more and more elaborate drugs as the game goes on.

If you talk to them when the AI controls them, they will claim the other Humans are secretly lead by someone named Lionstone XIV and evil.

If you go schlock, go full on 100% schlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

nweismuller posted:

I think you're missing my point. The game mechanics present a universe where the dawn of FTL exploration is just happening as the game starts. Finding a whole seperate Human society on another far-separated star system strains my suspension of disbelief to the breaking point. (Stars in Shadow actually sets things up correctly for 'multiple different Human societies scattered across the stars who aren't initially aware of each other', but Master of Orion does not.)

I'm just saying, the existence of the Madness Maze could explain fuckery like this.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

nweismuller posted:

I succeeded in losing my half-complete draft of the upcoming update due to a browser freeze just now. I may or may not end up completing the update this week due to this. Argh!

This happened to me a couple times ages ago with my first Let's Play. (Called "After Action Report", because back then I didn't know what a "Let's Play" was. And strangely enough, of Master of Orion III.)

After the second time it happened I gave up on my AAR but when I started doing real LPs years later, I remembered this and since then, I only use actual word processors for my drafts.

Nowadays I just put everything (including tags) into Word and only copy+paste into the browser, then add my screenshots. I can only suggest to everyone doing screenshot LPs to do the same. It prevents a lot of headaches.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Siegkrow posted:

What would lead a society to a point that Maximum Hitler isn't only an option but the morally expected solution to every problem?

Well, that's simple: You just need to be the kind of being utterly unable to see aliens as something like yourself. Take the Arachnid hivemind from In Death Ground and The Shiva Option, for example: Those things saw other sapient beings either as "enemies" as long as they defended themselves, and just harvested them as resources when they were defeated and unable to protect themselves anymore. They were even biologically unable to communicate with members of other species, so from first contact on you would just see those silent, deadly fleets of warships descending on your people.

The idea of a species not wanting to expand and mindlessly consume every available resource (including people) was completely alien to them.

• Locked thread