Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
Labs and Domes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013

nweismuller posted:

From within the Chiefs of Staff:

"So you mean to tell me that the proposal with the most legislative support for when we called for a new dedicated space control vessel is a ship that can only do missile engagements, will lose in missile duels with our original proposal, and will do this for a mere 23% increase in price? This is a boondoggle of the highest proportions! Our entire mission with the design is to win space engagements!"

Internal support within the Chiefs of Staff favors the Texas, Arbalest, or Lancer proposals over the Archer. In general, the Chiefs of Staff are reluctant to rely on designs that entirely sacrifice missile capacity at this point, as, barring strong opposing point defense, missile launch is likely to be the most powerful component of our offense.

In light of this I would like to amend my vote to support the Texas class.

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
Research:
Go for Biotechnology because we are about to colonize a world, and the extra population would be useful. Afterwards we can grab the last Tier 1 tech.

Military:
Build a new ship, player's choice.

Colonisation:
Build the population transport. Pump up Paradise using the extra pops we'll have on Earth.

Diplomacy:
Let's establish an embassy and trade with the bears, but don't trade away any vital techs to them.

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013

my dad posted:

Private funding will help us get everything else faster, and remove the risk of losing the tech race to the Bulrathi. (4x, science, you know how it goes)

Two Huscarls - we'll need a better screening force against missile fire. The longbow can then move on to protect our colony ships. There's no point in building troop transports before we ensure that we can actually take on the Bulrathi in fleet-to-fleet combat that isn't a turkey shoot.

Offensive military action, but without hesitation to withdraw if needed - The sooner we can take the fight to the Bulrathi, the better. If we encounter a situation in which our fleet is at a significant risk of losing, we should retreat and try to lure the Bulrathi to fight us within range of our static fortifications.

Offensive espionage - If we are to conduct the above, we need to know what we're up against at all times. And we have yet to see evidence of Bulrathi infiltration attempts on human colonies.

Marine barracks - A strong military presence will help Paradise avoid the mistakes of the past. No need to finish working on the missile base until Paradise starts being under threat again. Long term, a star base will, of course, be needed, but our logistics are sufficient at the moment.

This. All of this. Science and military have to be ramped-up to end the Bulrathi threat.

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
-Aggressive, I feel like since they attacked us once they are likely to try again in the future
-Trade with them, if possible go for preferential trades on our end
-Basic Data Gathering
-Genetic Engineering, boost our pops first, then build bigger warships
-Name new colony Horizon
-Colonize Segel. More pops means more everything

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
Xenobiotics - Agriculture: more pops = more science
Neutron Collider -> Atmosphere Renewer: b/c my dad
Colony Ship: More worlds = more pops = more everything
Not a fan of these names, but New Babylon is alright

Hey nweismuller, if you were to destroy the Bulrathi pirate exclave and receive population from it like the last event, would they be Human or Bulrathi? Is there any benefit to destroying other nation's pirates?

Aeromancia fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Oct 31, 2016

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013

Stormgear posted:

Call it Dune.

Or failing that, New Babylon.

I like the name as well, I'll change my vote to New Babylon as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
Free Solar Republic

• Locked thread