Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hifi
Jul 25, 2012

asu beat air force at the coyotes arena on tv. i was only able to watch about 30 seconds of this but it looked like a cool experience. they got the yotes announcers to call the game too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I am debating making the trip up to Cornell either 12/2 or 12/3 game against Miami but it's like a 4.5 hour drive from here. I don't know if I would be able to make it up that afternoon in time for the Friday game and I have to work on Sunday so I'd probably have to make a day trip on Saturday and 9 hours of driving in one day sounds terrible and will severely impair my ability to get blackout drunk

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
Surely there's a form of mass transit.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Stitecin posted:

Surely there's a form of mass transit.

Ithaca's pretty isolated. The only way in is driving or flying.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

DJExile posted:

Ithaca's pretty isolated. The only way in is driving or flying.

Greyhound stops <3 miles from Lynah. I'm not saying it's going to be pleasant, but it's an option.

Cornell's Website posted:

Travel by Bus, Car, or Train
By Bus
If you are arriving at a New York City-area airport and need to get to one of the New York City stops listed below, you can take a taxi or public bus, subway, or train. With luggage, taking a taxi is more convenient, and likely quicker, but a higher cost than public transportation. See options in the ground transportation section on the applicable airport page.

The following companies provide bus service between New York City and Ithaca (a 4.5-to-6-hour ride):

Cornell's Campus-to-Campus Express (phone 1.607.254.8747)
We recommend Cornell's executive bus, which offers direct express service (4.5 hours) with a convenient stop location on campus, comfortable seating, wireless Internet, power outlets, reading lights, complimentary beverages, and snacks. See FAQs for more information. Advance reservations needed; we suggest you book early. To make a reservation, go to https://www.c2cbus.com -> "Reservations" -> "Online Reservation Form" (you will be prompted to create a new user account).

Please note, regarding the bus stop location options:
In New York City: You have two options: The Cornell Club and Weill Medical College.
The Cornell Club is nearer to midtown Manhattan, and is the last stop, so you are on the bus a shorter time. To reach the Cornell Club via public transportation, Grand Central and Penn Stations are nearby, about 5-to-15-minute walks, or take a taxi directly.
In Ithaca: Select Sage Hall, which is nearest to the Statler Hotel.
Note: The Sage Hall stop has been temporarily re-located to Uris Hall. To walk to the Statler Hotel from there: At the intersection adjacent to the stop, cross Tower Road. Continue approximately one-half block south along East Avenue to the end of Uris Hall. Bear left across the plaza. The Statler Hotel will be on your right, and the main entrance around the corner. See map. If you want assistance from hotel staff at the bus stop, call 1.607.254.2500 when you reach the first stop on campus (this is the second stop), and ask them to meet you in ten minutes.

Big Red Bullet (phone 1.866.228.3990)
This new bus service (not affiliated with Cornell) also provides direct service. As it recently started operating, we have not received feedback or had direct experience regarding the service. To make a reservation, go to bigredbullet.com (you will be prompted to create a new user account). Note: The bus does not currently operate on Saturdays; See FAQs for more information.

Please note, regarding the bus stop locations, which may not be as convenient for you as the Cornell service stops:
In New York City, Bryant Park: From public transportation hubs in the area—Grand Central Station, Penn Station, and Port Authority Bus Terminal—it is approximately a 15-to-30-minute walk to this stop. A taxi could provide a closer drop-off point.
In Ithaca, Green Street: The Statler Hotel is approximately two miles from this stop; therefore, thirty minutes before your bus arrives in Ithaca, you can call the hotel to request a taxi pickup from the stop (phone 1.607.254.2500). Let the hotel know you are with the General Managers Program and provide your name, your arrival time, and the bus stop location.

Greyhound (phone: 1.607.272.7930 or 1.800.231.2222)
Ithaca stop: Ithaca Bus Terminal
New York City stop: Port Authority Bus Terminal
ShortLine (phone: 1.607.277.8800 or 1.800.631.8405)
Ithaca stops: Ithaca Bus Terminal and Cornell Theater Arts Center
New York City stop: Port Authority Bus Terminal

Please note, regarding Greyhound and ShortLine: Thirty minutes before your bus arrives in Ithaca, you can call the hotel to request a taxi pickup from the stop (phone 1.607.254.2500). Let the hotel know you are with the General Managers Program and provide your name, your arrival time, and the bus stop location. The Ithaca Bus Terminal building is closed at night from 6:45 p.m. to 4:30 a.m. (1845 - 0430 hrs), so if you arrive during that time, you will not be able to go inside.

Stitecin fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Oct 17, 2016

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

well I'll be damned, a quick google search didn't show that but I guess greyhound is its own animal

pun unintended

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Cornell games are always fun due to the atmosphere and obnoxious chants from students but they will be Not Good this season so unless you want to travel that far to watch two Not Good teams, I'd skip it

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The tough thing for him is that's the only remaining time Miami travels to play anyone even remotely near him.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Yeah, my only other option is waiting until Miami is good enough in two years to get sent to Providence as a 4 seed to play BC

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
I forget which posters cheer for which college. Would it be too much to ask to include Goon Fans in each team's summary in the OP?

I for instance support: Hamline, the Sioux, and whoever is playing Minnesota.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Nah, I'll whip something up

E: there ya go :toot:

DJExile fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 17, 2016

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Yeah, my only other option is waiting until Miami is good enough in two years to get sent to Providence as a 4 seed to play BC

:shrug:

There's a decent chance I may go to one of the Miami games in Ithaca but I'm less than an hour away and have a friend in the athletic dept who gets me free tix (which is the only reason I went to games last year, because Cornell is bad you see)

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

DJExile posted:

Nah, I'll whip something up

E: there ya go :toot:

You can add myself and, I believe, davecrazy for Quinnipiac

One of my best friends is a QU grad and we have a standing mutual support pact so Go Cats

I'm also naturally drawn to teams that disappoint in national title games

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Oct 17, 2016

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ah poo poo I forgot about davecrazy, thanks :cheers:

tupacalypse
Jan 1, 2013

by Pragmatica
If you haven't seen it already, Cameron Hughes scored a sick goal against BC yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mGojEf3cnI

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

tupacalypse posted:

If you haven't seen it already, Cameron Hughes scored a sick goal against BC yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mGojEf3cnI

drat son

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
Didn't someone who actually went to Hamline post in the last thread? I recall them being confused and surprised.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

yes and they are currently banned from this thread until they get us piper t-shirts

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

we demand hamline pipers shirts

edit: with the piper logo on it, which their dipshit-rear end store still does not have

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
HOT MIAC UPDATE COMING DOWN THE PIPE WEDNESDAY

Also I'm a UMD fan DJ ;)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Also I'm a UMD fan DJ ;)

THAT was it. Christ I knew it wasn't Mankato and was drawing a blank otherwise.

E: vvv i got you fam

DJExile fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Oct 18, 2016

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

DJ, you should add Wisconsin to my teams. Gotta have a D1 team.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Infidel Castro posted:

Wisconsin ... D1 team.

i mean, technically

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

i mean, technically

They were playing BC over the weekend, and I caught part of one of the games on TV. Holy poo poo it was empty as all hell.

Either they packed the poo poo out of the stands on the camera side or these are hilariously blatant lies.

E: Oh the Kohl Center's a lot bigger capacity wise than I thought. Still I don't buy 8,000+ at all.

tupacalypse
Jan 1, 2013

by Pragmatica
I was there on Sunday, can confirm there was hardly anyone there. Student section was empty too (due to the football game the night before, and probably because it was a Sunday.)

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Also I'm a UMD fan DJ ;)

I actually know two (2) guys that play on MIAC teams--one on Hamline and one on St Mary's. (Plus the junior team I do work for visited SMU when they were up to play in Rochester and had a morning skate there.)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

tupacalypse posted:

I was there on Sunday, can confirm there was hardly anyone there. Student section was empty too (due to the football game the night before, and probably because it was a Sunday.)

yeah I definitely understand sunday being lightly attended

Troy Queef posted:

I actually know two (2) guys that play on MIAC teams--one on Hamline

YO TROY QUEEF'S BUDDY GET US SOME SHIRTS :toot:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

:holymoley:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

THEY HAVE A LOGO HAT FINALLY

$26, BUT STILL

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Notre Dame is apparently the third best team in the country

How did that happen?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Notre Dame is apparently the third best team in the country

How did that happen?

They're 3-1 but the USCHO poll really doesn't mean dick until a couple months in.

I don't think Pairwise starts being calculated until... what like January?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:siren: SO EVERYONE'S PLAYING NOW, IT'S TIME FOR ANOTHER POST OF THE SCHEDULE IN WHICH DJEXILE MAKES BAD JOKES AND GOOD REFERENCES :siren:

REMAIN IN LIGHT
Bentley @ Air Force
Bobby Mo @ Canisius

STOP MAKING SENSE
Minn-State @ SPACEBEAR
Lake Superior @ Bama-Huntsville
NMU @ Ferris State

LITTLE CREATURES
Colgate @ Marriwhack (thx marsisol)
Bemidji @ NoDak
Clarkson @ Providence
Fightin' Nerds @ God, why hasn't Red retired? He's like 90 now.
Maine @ TO ZE NORTHEAST REGIONALS
Army @ UMass
St. Lawrence @ Mass-Lowell
DOOP @ ND (TV: NBCSN)
AIC @ UConn
Denver @ Sparty in the "Game that would have owned like 15 years ago" game
RIT @ Union
Vermont @ Neb-Omaha (TV: American Sports Network)
Sacred Heart @ Boston Univ.
LITERALLY NOBODY LIKES OHIO STATE NOR SHOULD THEY @ BOWLING GREEN BEST HOCKEY TEAM EVER I AM 100% UNBIASED
Colorado College @ YER A WIZARD, JERRY
Arizona State @ Northeastern
St. Cloud @ Minnesota (TV: Fox Sports North Plus)
Niagara @ RPI

SPEAKING IN TONGUES
Ontario Institute of Tech @ Cornell
US U-18 @ Wisconsin

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Miami going to lose to goddamn Maine and it's not 2001

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
I came to say bad news for Bemidji, but then remembered that the Beavers shocked the Sioux 5-1 in 2014 and that they swept Bowling Green and Northern Michigan to start the season.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Stitecin posted:

I came to say bad news for Bemidji, but then remembered that the Beavers shocked the Sioux 5-1 in 2014 and that they swept Bowling Green and Northern Michigan to start the season.

Yeah Bemidji is one of those teams that doesn't really excel anywhere but they don't suck at anything either. They're still not in NoDak's league (literally :rimshot: ) but they should put up a good fight.

SAMB0
Jul 9, 2004

Space Bear.
Destroyer of Worlds.
Not looking good for Nanooks this weekend. Terrible start to the season, salvaged by our lone win over the in state rivals Anchorage.

Really going to rely on these freshman stepping into roles and quick. If we can steal one from Mankato this weekend it could change the entire season.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SAMB0 posted:

Not looking good for Nanooks this weekend. Terrible start to the season, salvaged by our lone win over the in state rivals Anchorage.

Really going to rely on these freshman stepping into roles and quick. If we can steal one from Mankato this weekend it could change the entire season.

What's been the story up there about the budget issues? It really didn't sound good for either team a while back.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

PSU up 1-0 already

Lol Domers

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

PSU and ND tie 3-3. Game featured both teams going a combined 1-17 on the PP

There's calling more penalties to open up the game, but when both teams PP can do absolutely nothing, holy poo poo does the game become a slog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

For a team picked to win the WCHA, we have utter dog poo poo defense and goaltending this year :manning:

• Locked thread