Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
Win and a tie is a great result against NoDak. Glad I got to go to the win. Oddly, the Gophers outplayed them yesterday but were lucky to get a tie because Schierhorn was garbage, but today NoDak was the better team and we got a win because Schierhorn made some incredible saves. Nice weekend for the Gophers after the past two were pretty crap; hopefully the freshman are starting to settle in and they'll keep playing like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tupacalypse
Jan 1, 2013

by Pragmatica
Badgers split the series with Northern Michigan; looks like we might be making a goalie switch from Jurusik to Berry. Jurusik had his moments but was inconsistent. Berry looked steady in goal tonight, which hopefully will remain true if he keeps starting.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I need to find my way out to a NoDak/Minnesota game, it sounds like an awesome rivalry

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

everyone sucks except Penn State

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

So people had been wondering why BG's Chris Nell, after posting a .930 save percentage last year, has been so drat rough this year

turns out his dad died like 3 weeks before the season. Jeez. :smith:

marsisol
Mar 30, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

everyone sucks except Penn State

This is true. I finally got to a game at Pegula and what a cool building. PSU dominated an admittedly lovely Niagara team and we're second in the Pairwise. Probably won't last but I'm enjoying it.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

marsisol posted:

This is true. I finally got to a game at Pegula and what a cool building. PSU dominated an admittedly lovely Niagara team and we're second in the Pairwise. Probably won't last but I'm enjoying it.

Stat padding by beating up on Atlantic Hockey is a time honored tradition

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Hawks were kinda good then were really bad

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
Yeah, losing 11-3 is rough, but keeping it that close after being down 7-1 after one is a moral victory, right?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Bowling green remembered how to hockey. This is pleasing

E: holy poo poo someone check on neo because beating goddamn BU 4-0 has to be so conflicting when he's been wanting Red out of there for years :ohdear:

DJExile fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Nov 12, 2016

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Michigan is young and not good at hockey this year

Will Lockwood is good though and we have some promising goalies

They beat BU 4-0 in a game where their entire senior leadership and all of their captaincy was suspended, lol

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Bowling Green seems to be getting back to expected form, so that's good to see.

Also lol

CHN posted:

BOSTON — Notre Dame and Northeastern played to a 0-0 tie at Matthews Arena before the game was suspended after two periods because of a Zamboni malfunction.

The teams will attempt to make up the third period later in the season at a date to be determined if scheduling allows.

The delay began during the second intermission when one of the Northeastern Zamboni's broke down in the left corner of the ice, causing that portion of the ice unable to freeze. After a delay, the ice was deemed unplayable and play was suspended.

Jake Theut, who made his first collegiate start for Northeastern on Sunday, made 22 saves through two periods for the Huskies, while Cal Petersen had 16 stops for the Fighting Irish.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Penn St up to 10 in the USCHO poll and 3 in the pairwise. Also have the best winning percentage in the nation. Still ranked below gently caress Notre Dame for some reason :confused:

pay no attention to the fact that most of our wins come from beating up on Atlantic Hockey

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Thank you for following proper SAS NCAA Hockey Thread Naming Protocol regarding gently caress Notre Dame

Also gently caress North Dakota

Also gently caress Ohio State

...and gently caress Jim Delany.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Penn St up to 10 in the USCHO poll and 3 in the pairwise. Also have the best winning percentage in the nation. Still ranked below gently caress Notre Dame for some reason :confused:

pay no attention to the fact that most of our wins come from beating up on Atlantic Hockey

Pairwise literally does not matter for months my dude

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

DJExile posted:

Pairwise literally does not matter for months my dude

Don't care

Rack up the wins

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

blackmongoose posted:

UND did not look like a top tier team, I thought they were supposed to be really good this year. I know we have a fan in the thread, did they have an off game or are they doing their usual early season underperformance thing?

I watched the 4-0 domination of St. Cloud tonight and while there's truth to the fact that UND lost some big time players after last year, they're still an amazingly talented team. I think the winless steak can be "justified" like this: UND lost most of these games close, most other teams in the country would have been trounced.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BG beats UAH 4-1 :toot:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

DJExile posted:

BG beats UAH 4-1 :toot:

and wallop them 8-3 to complete the sweep. Offense has finally started clicking

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Penn St beats up on another bad team

MICHIGAN NEXT!!!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ohio State swept RPI, has a win over Denver, and is loving 8-1

I know they're largely playing dogshit teams but where the gently caress did that come from :stare:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

DJExile posted:

Ohio State swept RPI, has a win over Denver, and is loving 8-1

I know they're largely playing dogshit teams but where the gently caress did that come from :stare:

I think OSU is mostly all seniors

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I think OSU is mostly all seniors

Roster shows 10 upperclassmen, 13 if you count goalies. Having 3 seniors in net has to be huge.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
i forgot about my miac update

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Miamediocre

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
SAINT MARYS JESUS CHRIST 4-0
St Thomas 3-0-1
Hamline 3-1
Augsburg 2-0
Saint Johns 2-2
Concordia 1-0
Bethel 0-3-1
Gustavus 0-4
St Olaf 0-4

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Nov 21, 2016

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

gently caress YEAH 3-1 GO THE HAMLINE PIPERS, BITHC

The Watch
Feb 10, 2014

He won't see the sun again for years to come...

He's posting on Something Awful
Megamarm

DJExile posted:

and wallop them 8-3 to complete the sweep. Offense has finally started clicking

I left with about 3 minutes to go, when UAH was only down 5-3. I had no idea the score got even worse. I'm starting to suspect maybe my school doesn't have a good hockey team...

But the ticket lady gave me a lower level seat rather than the usual general admission I get with my student ID, so that was cool.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

DJExile posted:

gently caress YEAH 3-1 GO THE HAMLINE PIPERS, BITHC

:agreed:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The Watch posted:

I left with about 3 minutes to go, when UAH was only down 5-3. I had no idea the score got even worse. I'm starting to suspect maybe my school doesn't have a good hockey team...

But the ticket lady gave me a lower level seat rather than the usual general admission I get with my student ID, so that was cool.

UAH was a fantastic program at the D-II level, and it seems like they're starting to find a rhythm now that they have some stability. I believe the Alabama board of regents was threatening to fold the program before the WCHA gave them a lifeline in the form of a membership in 2013.

Mike Corbett seems to have something going there. They're young as all hell and still trying to find an offensive identity but they're not a punching bag anymore. They started the year with a great sweep of Ferris, but the rest of October was not kind to them. Didn't help that they were on a ton of road games.

I don't think UAH will ascend to being a national power but I think they're getting to the point where they can steal some wins against better opponents. BG was picked to finish 1st in the conference this year and are finally playing up to expectations, so them sweeping UAH isn't a big surprise. That said, they've got some signs of life. There are going to still be growing pains but I could see them break the 10 win mark this year and that'd be a great sign of progress. I'm pretty sure they're one of the youngest teams in the conference, if not the country. I'm glad the WCHA gave them the lifeline and it'd be awesome to see them and Arizona State help D-I hockey take a foothold in the south.

E: I'm not sure how long you've been there but for some context, UAH is only a few years removed from a 1-win season. It's slow, but they are progressing and that's good to see.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Augsburg 4-0
St Thomas 3-0-1
Hamline 3-1
Augsburg 2-0
Saint Johns 2-2
Concordia 1-0
Bethel 0-3-1
Gustavus 0-4
St Olaf 0-4

That first Augsburg is supposed to be Saint Mary's, by the way, the school a good friend of mine scored his first goal for a couple weeks ago.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Troy Queef posted:

That first Augsburg is supposed to be Saint Mary's, by the way, the school a good friend of mine scored his first goal for a couple weeks ago.

I am absolutely exhausted when I post typically

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

DIII rankings
Wisconsin Stevens-Point
St. Norberts
Massachusetts-Boston
Geneseo
Hobart
Plattsburgh
Adrian
Eau Claire
Trinity
Williams
Babson
Oswego
Utica
Augsburg
Norwich

Others receiving votes: St. Scholastica 19, Endicott 13, Wisconsin-River Falls 9, Milwaukee School of Engineering 7, Nichols 5, St. John's 5, Buffalo State 3, New England College 2, Salem State 2, Salve Regina 2, Wisconsin-Superior 2, Hamilton 1, Neumann 1, Wisconsin-Stout 1.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Look at all those garbage butt teams who are not hamline

eau claire is ok I guess :v:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

free hamline

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Just bought tickets to watch Miami lose to Cornell on 12/3 because I'm an idiot

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Michigan is still bad at hockey

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BG swept anchorage and is back to 3rd in the conference. :toot:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Badgers need to bring back the Badger Hockey Showdown. Too bad the Bradley Center is going away and the new arena doesn't have ice because ~reasons~.

Or that we need a new arena.

But I digress.

We're 7-5-0, which is better than I hoped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
I'm living in St. Paul for the next month for a work thing. Anyone wanna go to a Gophers game?

• Locked thread