Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I need to find my way out to a NoDak/Minnesota game, it sounds like an awesome rivalry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

So people had been wondering why BG's Chris Nell, after posting a .930 save percentage last year, has been so drat rough this year

turns out his dad died like 3 weeks before the season. Jeez. :smith:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Bowling green remembered how to hockey. This is pleasing

E: holy poo poo someone check on neo because beating goddamn BU 4-0 has to be so conflicting when he's been wanting Red out of there for years :ohdear:

DJExile fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Nov 12, 2016

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Bowling Green seems to be getting back to expected form, so that's good to see.

Also lol

CHN posted:

BOSTON — Notre Dame and Northeastern played to a 0-0 tie at Matthews Arena before the game was suspended after two periods because of a Zamboni malfunction.

The teams will attempt to make up the third period later in the season at a date to be determined if scheduling allows.

The delay began during the second intermission when one of the Northeastern Zamboni's broke down in the left corner of the ice, causing that portion of the ice unable to freeze. After a delay, the ice was deemed unplayable and play was suspended.

Jake Theut, who made his first collegiate start for Northeastern on Sunday, made 22 saves through two periods for the Huskies, while Cal Petersen had 16 stops for the Fighting Irish.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Penn St up to 10 in the USCHO poll and 3 in the pairwise. Also have the best winning percentage in the nation. Still ranked below gently caress Notre Dame for some reason :confused:

pay no attention to the fact that most of our wins come from beating up on Atlantic Hockey

Pairwise literally does not matter for months my dude

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BG beats UAH 4-1 :toot:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

DJExile posted:

BG beats UAH 4-1 :toot:

and wallop them 8-3 to complete the sweep. Offense has finally started clicking

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ohio State swept RPI, has a win over Denver, and is loving 8-1

I know they're largely playing dogshit teams but where the gently caress did that come from :stare:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I think OSU is mostly all seniors

Roster shows 10 upperclassmen, 13 if you count goalies. Having 3 seniors in net has to be huge.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

gently caress YEAH 3-1 GO THE HAMLINE PIPERS, BITHC

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The Watch posted:

I left with about 3 minutes to go, when UAH was only down 5-3. I had no idea the score got even worse. I'm starting to suspect maybe my school doesn't have a good hockey team...

But the ticket lady gave me a lower level seat rather than the usual general admission I get with my student ID, so that was cool.

UAH was a fantastic program at the D-II level, and it seems like they're starting to find a rhythm now that they have some stability. I believe the Alabama board of regents was threatening to fold the program before the WCHA gave them a lifeline in the form of a membership in 2013.

Mike Corbett seems to have something going there. They're young as all hell and still trying to find an offensive identity but they're not a punching bag anymore. They started the year with a great sweep of Ferris, but the rest of October was not kind to them. Didn't help that they were on a ton of road games.

I don't think UAH will ascend to being a national power but I think they're getting to the point where they can steal some wins against better opponents. BG was picked to finish 1st in the conference this year and are finally playing up to expectations, so them sweeping UAH isn't a big surprise. That said, they've got some signs of life. There are going to still be growing pains but I could see them break the 10 win mark this year and that'd be a great sign of progress. I'm pretty sure they're one of the youngest teams in the conference, if not the country. I'm glad the WCHA gave them the lifeline and it'd be awesome to see them and Arizona State help D-I hockey take a foothold in the south.

E: I'm not sure how long you've been there but for some context, UAH is only a few years removed from a 1-win season. It's slow, but they are progressing and that's good to see.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Look at all those garbage butt teams who are not hamline

eau claire is ok I guess :v:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BG swept anchorage and is back to 3rd in the conference. :toot:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

We lost to the soo.

Unacceptable. :manning:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Neodoomium posted:

My dudes, college hockey is fuckin horrible

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

i would argue that penn state being good is actually strong evidence of college hockey's badness

:yeah:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

May we never forget the 1 truth:

Neo posted:

The answer to all your questions is simultaneously "the ncaa sucks" and "college hockey is bad"

DOOP is still cool peoples though :cheers:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

we're gonna lose to fightin' nerds tonight at home and i'm gonna be sad

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

DJExile posted:

we're gonna lose to fightin' nerds tonight at home and i'm gonna be sad

Ayyyyyup

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

swept by nerds

Neodoomium posted:

My dudes, college hockey is fuckin horrible

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo :stare:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SHEEEEEEEGOS

SHEEEEEEEEGOS

SHEEEEEEEEGOS

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

in happier news, the Hamline Pipers, Bitch are 6-4-2 overall.

go a pipers

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Refchat: I got to chat with Keith Surgott before a game last year and he was really nice. He's also gigantic.

E:

DJExile fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Dec 12, 2016

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah NoDak, Minnesota and Wisconsin all have great rivalries with one-another, especially NoDak/Minn. There's bad fuckin' blood there.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

That reminds me, put me down for Wisconsin in the OP.

got it :cheers:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

We lost to Alaska because we are poop from a butt that is made out of poop

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

everyone ITT is cool and good :cheers:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

We beat RIT wooo

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Those polls also don't mean poo poo until like February either. poo poo, the B1G I think just finally got started in their conference play.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BG hosts Bemidji this week, except games are Thursday night and Friday night. No idea why. BG goes out to Mankato to play Minn-State the following weekend and Bemidji takes next weekend off.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

We're losing late to Bemidji on a night at home when none of the students are back from winter break yet

why the gently caress was this game scheduled for tonight

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

gently caress yeah in on this

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Neodoomium posted:

The answer to all your questions is simultaneously "the ncaa sucks" and "hamline"

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

D E H U M A N I Z E Y O U R S E L F A N D F A C E T O H A M L I N E

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Czarnik is such a tiny man. That C is the size of his drat head

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

We split on the road with Mankato. I'll take that

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

falcons bad