Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

Virg Foss, UNDsports.com posted:

GRAND FORKS, N.D. --
It's difficult to win a game when one player on the other team has as many shots on goal as your entire team of 18 skaters.

And it's difficult to win when you muster one single goal in two games.

That's why it was Mission Impossible for Caisius[sic] College this weekend as defending NCAA champion North Dakota opened its season successfully at Ralph Engelstad Arena with a sweep of the Golden Griffins by 6-0 and 4-1 margins.

Those points are all true, but holy poo poo is Virg Foss one smug rear end in a top hat.

It's nice to see the boys off to a good start, even though I know nothing about Canisius except that they're unranked. Time's going to tell but I hope Brad Berry didn't learn the traditional "be mediocre until Christmas" strategy that Hakstol used to roll out every damned year.

Is anyone here a long time Canisus / Atlantic fan? A dude that played for them in like '99-'01ish that had hair down to his breezers and a big beard. I blacked out a lot of those games, but I vaguely remember him trying to fight Mike Commodore and the crowd going nuts. What ever happened to that guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

DJExile posted:

Bama-Huntsville:
God bless 'em, they're not a total dumpster fire anymore! I just wanna give a hug to goalie Carmine Guerriero (who seems like he's been there forever now), who may have the national record for most shots against*, that poor bastard.

*I have no idea if this is actually true and cannot be bothered to look it up :effort:

"USCHO Player Stats posted:

Season Team GP Min GA SV Shots SV% GAA Record Win% Pen
2013-2014 Alabama-Huntsville 21 1106:40 72 686 758 .905 3.90 1-17-0 .056 0 0
2014-2015 Alabama-Huntsville 29 1737:00 74 958 1032 .928 2.56 8-18-3 .328 3 6
2015-2016 Alabama-Huntsville 18 1066:40 57 519 576 .901 3.21 2-14-2 .167 1 2
2016-2017 (Current season: no games played yet)
Career Totals 68 3910:20 203 2163 2366 .914 3.11 11-49-5 .208 4 8 0.12 0 0 0

Wow, 31.808 saves per game through 3 seasons...

edit: I looked up the Sioux goalies during the same period and it was ~24.5. Additionally Carmine's been pumped for 203 goals during the same time, he's never going to fall asleep between the pipes.

Stitecin fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Oct 11, 2016

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
Surely there's a form of mass transit.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

DJExile posted:

Ithaca's pretty isolated. The only way in is driving or flying.

Greyhound stops <3 miles from Lynah. I'm not saying it's going to be pleasant, but it's an option.

Cornell's Website posted:

Travel by Bus, Car, or Train
By Bus
If you are arriving at a New York City-area airport and need to get to one of the New York City stops listed below, you can take a taxi or public bus, subway, or train. With luggage, taking a taxi is more convenient, and likely quicker, but a higher cost than public transportation. See options in the ground transportation section on the applicable airport page.

The following companies provide bus service between New York City and Ithaca (a 4.5-to-6-hour ride):

Cornell's Campus-to-Campus Express (phone 1.607.254.8747)
We recommend Cornell's executive bus, which offers direct express service (4.5 hours) with a convenient stop location on campus, comfortable seating, wireless Internet, power outlets, reading lights, complimentary beverages, and snacks. See FAQs for more information. Advance reservations needed; we suggest you book early. To make a reservation, go to https://www.c2cbus.com -> "Reservations" -> "Online Reservation Form" (you will be prompted to create a new user account).

Please note, regarding the bus stop location options:
In New York City: You have two options: The Cornell Club and Weill Medical College.
The Cornell Club is nearer to midtown Manhattan, and is the last stop, so you are on the bus a shorter time. To reach the Cornell Club via public transportation, Grand Central and Penn Stations are nearby, about 5-to-15-minute walks, or take a taxi directly.
In Ithaca: Select Sage Hall, which is nearest to the Statler Hotel.
Note: The Sage Hall stop has been temporarily re-located to Uris Hall. To walk to the Statler Hotel from there: At the intersection adjacent to the stop, cross Tower Road. Continue approximately one-half block south along East Avenue to the end of Uris Hall. Bear left across the plaza. The Statler Hotel will be on your right, and the main entrance around the corner. See map. If you want assistance from hotel staff at the bus stop, call 1.607.254.2500 when you reach the first stop on campus (this is the second stop), and ask them to meet you in ten minutes.

Big Red Bullet (phone 1.866.228.3990)
This new bus service (not affiliated with Cornell) also provides direct service. As it recently started operating, we have not received feedback or had direct experience regarding the service. To make a reservation, go to bigredbullet.com (you will be prompted to create a new user account). Note: The bus does not currently operate on Saturdays; See FAQs for more information.

Please note, regarding the bus stop locations, which may not be as convenient for you as the Cornell service stops:
In New York City, Bryant Park: From public transportation hubs in the area—Grand Central Station, Penn Station, and Port Authority Bus Terminal—it is approximately a 15-to-30-minute walk to this stop. A taxi could provide a closer drop-off point.
In Ithaca, Green Street: The Statler Hotel is approximately two miles from this stop; therefore, thirty minutes before your bus arrives in Ithaca, you can call the hotel to request a taxi pickup from the stop (phone 1.607.254.2500). Let the hotel know you are with the General Managers Program and provide your name, your arrival time, and the bus stop location.

Greyhound (phone: 1.607.272.7930 or 1.800.231.2222)
Ithaca stop: Ithaca Bus Terminal
New York City stop: Port Authority Bus Terminal
ShortLine (phone: 1.607.277.8800 or 1.800.631.8405)
Ithaca stops: Ithaca Bus Terminal and Cornell Theater Arts Center
New York City stop: Port Authority Bus Terminal

Please note, regarding Greyhound and ShortLine: Thirty minutes before your bus arrives in Ithaca, you can call the hotel to request a taxi pickup from the stop (phone 1.607.254.2500). Let the hotel know you are with the General Managers Program and provide your name, your arrival time, and the bus stop location. The Ithaca Bus Terminal building is closed at night from 6:45 p.m. to 4:30 a.m. (1845 - 0430 hrs), so if you arrive during that time, you will not be able to go inside.

Stitecin fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Oct 17, 2016

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
I forget which posters cheer for which college. Would it be too much to ask to include Goon Fans in each team's summary in the OP?

I for instance support: Hamline, the Sioux, and whoever is playing Minnesota.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
Didn't someone who actually went to Hamline post in the last thread? I recall them being confused and surprised.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
I came to say bad news for Bemidji, but then remembered that the Beavers shocked the Sioux 5-1 in 2014 and that they swept Bowling Green and Northern Michigan to start the season.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

DJExile posted:

Yeah Bemidji is one of those teams that doesn't really excel anywhere but they don't suck at anything either. They're still not in NoDak's league (literally :rimshot: ) but they should put up a good fight.
Carrying a lead deep into the third period and losing on a soft penalty shot is what I'd call putting up a damned good fight. Highlights

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
It's No. 1 vs. No. 2.

When UND and Minnesota Duluth meet this weekend in AmsOil Arena on the banks of Lake Superior, it will mark a rare meeting between college hockey's top-two ranked teams.

Top-ranked teams haven't met in a two-game series in nine seasons, you have to go back to February 2008 for a series between No. 1 Miami and No. 2 Michigan in Oxford, Ohio.

(Series results for Miami fan gloating:)
  • Feb. 9, 2008 No. 1 Miami 5, No. 2 Michigan 5, OT
  • Feb. 8, 2008 No. 1 Miami 4, No. 2 Michigan 2

Edit: (Michigan fan gloating note: Michigan supplanted Miami as #1 in the February 11th poll.)

Double Edit: That doesn't make sense. (Actual series results for more Michigan fan gloating:)
  • Feb. 8, 2008 No. 1 Miami 2, No. 2 Michigan 4
  • Feb. 9, 2008 No. 1 Miami 5, No. 2 Michigan 5, OT

Stitecin fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 25, 2016

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

Teemu Pokemon posted:

i remember when miami was good

Sorry. I should have just posted your bragging rights and left it at that, but I was curious how a loss/tie had affected Michigan's ranking. My original source had the scores wrong.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

blackmongoose posted:

I know we have a fan in the thread, did they have an off game or are they doing their usual early season underperformance thing?

I haven't actually watched last night's game yet.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
Yeah, losing 11-3 is rough, but keeping it that close after being down 7-1 after one is a moral victory, right?

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

blackmongoose posted:

UND did not look like a top tier team, I thought they were supposed to be really good this year. I know we have a fan in the thread, did they have an off game or are they doing their usual early season underperformance thing?

I watched the 4-0 domination of St. Cloud tonight and while there's truth to the fact that UND lost some big time players after last year, they're still an amazingly talented team. I think the winless steak can be "justified" like this: UND lost most of these games close, most other teams in the country would have been trounced.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

Neodoomium posted:

My dudes, college hockey is fuckin horrible

I am really getting sick of paying for a subscription to nchc.tv to watch half of the games on the schedule. I don't have cable, or direct tv, or whatever and I'm not going to sign up. If the NCAA could get their poo poo together and let me stream the whole schedule I would pay a lot.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

iospace posted:

Back when they had the badger hockey showdown, there was this guy who kept on yelling "SHEPARD YOU SUCK!" Shepard being a ref

Not watching Greg Shepard gently caress UND with their pants on anymore is the best thing about not being in the WCHA anymore. God we used to heckle him.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
I have been to a lot of Sioux vs Badger games in Grand Forks and they were always charged atmospheres. In the old Ralph when we scored students used to run a lap around the arena with a school flag. Once a Badger fan stood up and tackled he flag carrier.

After the games though, everyone got along fine in the bars.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
No. 1 Minnesota-Duluth – was idle
No. 2 Denver – tied, lost to Providence
No. 3 Penn State – was idle
No. 4 Harvard – defeated Rennselaer
No. 5 Boston University – was idle
No. 6 Boston College – lost to No. 14 Quinnipiac, tied Ferris State
No. 7 Massachusetts-Lowell – defeated Colgate, defeated Dartmouth
No. 8 North Dakota – defeated No. 10 Union
No. 9 Ohio State – lost to Miami
No. 10 Union – lost to No. 8 North Dakota
No. 11 Minnesota – defeated Mercyhurst, defeated Massachusetts
No. 12 Notre Dame – swept Alaska
No. 13 Vermont – swept Bentley
No. 14 Quinnipiac – defeated No. 6 Boston College, lost to Robert Morris
No. 15 Bemidji State – split with Alaska-Anchorage
No. 16 Western Michigan – defeated Michigan State, defeated Michigan Tech
No. 17 St. Lawrence – was idle
No. 18 St. Cloud State – lost to Connecticut, defeated Arizona State
No. 19 Minnesota State – was idle
No. 20 Omaha – swept Lake Superior State

But what you really care about is Hamline University's Pipers, idle since a 5-4 OT loss to Wis-Eau Claire on 12/5 return to action against Wis-Stout on Friday. Live video here.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

Teemu Pokemon posted:

ohio state is in the top 10 cancel the rest of the season

Those rankings are from the December 19th poll. Losing to Miami RedHawks Men's Hockey (NCAA Division I Overall Record: 5-8-5) probably won't keep them in the top ten for long.

Actually looking at their schedule and results makes me wonder how the hell that happened in the first place. They've only played three games against ranked opponents: they shocked (3)Denver in a tune up game gone wrong back on October 7th, and split a pair with (11)Minnesota. How does taking 4 points total out of back to back series with Robert Morris & Connecticut merit a 14 ranking?

Stitecin fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jan 2, 2017

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

The January 2nd poll was released while I was typing. posted:

1 Minnesota-Duluth
2 Penn State
3 Denver
4 Harvard
5 Boston University
6 Massachusetts-Lowell
7 North Dakota
8 Boston College
9 Minnesota
10 Union
11 Ohio State
12 Notre Dame
13 Vermont
14 Western Michigan
15 Quinnipiac
16 St. Lawrence
17 Bemidji State
18 Omaha
19 Minnesota State
20 St. Cloud State

So losing one game to Miami is enough to knock you down 2 places.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

DJExile posted:

Those polls also don't mean poo poo until like February either. poo poo, the B1G I think just finally got started in their conference play.

It could be argued that they never mean poo poo, but since we follow a dumb bad sport that only plays two games per week we need something to argue about and make fun of each other's teams in regards to.

It's like watching the NFL. They "play" 4 quarters at 15 minutes each, but the ball is only live for around 11 minutes total. USCHO rankings are to college hockey what cutaways to the quarterback's wife are to NFL games.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

DJExile posted:

Yeah NoDak, Minnesota and Wisconsin all have great rivalries with one-another, especially NoDak/Minn. There's bad fuckin' blood there.

I've been watching a lot of UND videos on YouTube to get psyched for hockey tonight. I found this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBFGJ6QwD-o

Interesting for a couple of reasons. First, Greg Shepard, who we can all agree is a piece of poo poo, was in the orange sleeves. Second it's from either the 1992-93 or 93-94 seasons (the only years Akil Adams played for the Sioux). I was trying to narrow it down, so I checked Dan Woog Brian Bonin, Justin McHugh, but they all played both of those seasons. (I was using Gophers because it's easier to check names off of jerseys.) Then I got to 4m50s and Scott Bell goes after Don Riendeau. Who cares, right? Wrong. Scott Bell was coach of none other than the Hamline Pipers from 2005-2011, leading them to win almost 48% of their games. He also played 9 games of pro roller hockey in 1996 (his +/- wasn't so hot at -9).

Stitecin fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jan 7, 2017

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
Finally got to sit down and watch the game. The loving nchc.tv site was kind enough to inform me that it ends up 9-1 good guys. Thanks fuckwits.

Also, Boeser is back? He missed World Juniors due to wrist surgery but he scored with 16:50 left of the 1st.

Edit: Now 2-0 with 11:18 left. I should be stoked, gently caress this lovely streaming service.

Double Edit: Power play goal for Jost with 8:43 to go in the first, 3-0 good guys. UNO hasn't pressured, but at this point if they go on a 5 on 3 power play I won't give a poo poo. College Hockey is a dumb thing to care about.

Stitecin fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jan 7, 2017

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
No. 1 Minnesota-Duluth – tied, lost to Colorado College

No. 2 Denver – swept Arizona State

No. 3 Penn State – split with No. 11 Ohio State

No. 4 Harvard – defeated No. 15 Quinnipiac, defeated Princeton

No. 5 Boston University – defeated No. 10 Union, defeated Massachusetts

No. 6 Massachusetts-Lowell – defeated Renssealer (Jan. 3), defeated New Hampshire

No. 7 North Dakota – swept No. 18 Omaha

No. 8 Boston College – defeated Providence

No. 9 Minnesota – was idle

No. 10 Union – lost to No. 5 Boston University

No. 11 Ohio State – split with No. 2 Penn State

No. 12 Notre Dame – split with Michigan Tech

No. 13 Vermont – defeated No. 16 St. Lawrence (Jan. 3), defeated Northeastern

No. 14 Western Michigan – was idle

No. 15 Quinnipiac – lost to No. 4 Harvard, defeated Dartmouth

No. 16 St. Lawrence – lost to No. 13 Vermont (Jan. 3), tied and defeated Canisius

No. 17 Bemidji State – split with Bowling Green

No. 18 Omaha – swept by No. 7 North Dakota

No. 19 Minnesota State – swept Alabama-Huntsville

No. 20 St. Cloud State – swept by Miami

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Miami wins 6-3 after 5 unanswered 3rd period goals :stare:

Anthony Louis, Carson Meyer, Karch Bachman, Ryan Siroky and Louie Belpedio lit up the scoreboard one-by-one, chasing starting goalie Cam Johnson and handing the defending national champions their first loss when leading after two periods since Nov. 1, 2013.

Full respect, Miami looked better than a team down 3-1 before they went on their scoring tear. North Dakota can't let off the gas with a 2 goal lead in the 3rd period against a team with as many talented players as Miami. I think UND should come out hitting tomorrow. Knocking Miami around will put them off their game and spark some support from the home crowd.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
I will no longer be watching UND games.

I got frustrated with the NCHC.TV service when they ruined the UNO game, but then they didn't carry Friday's game and you can't start a game in progress at the beginning. You have to wait until it's over and that means listening to the commentators make plans for which bar to go to, then the post game interviews. If I can't sit and watch uninterrupted (which I can't because I have a two year old) I cant start a game until 10pm Pacific. All of which means I didn't see Saturday's game either.

TL;DR: I don't have cable and I am not willing to pay for the NCHC's crappy service.

Stitecin fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jan 23, 2017

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
Double post. Did you guys know that Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell's kid was a backup goalie at UAH for '07-'08 & '08-09?

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
I know that at this point it's all just pointless conjecture, but check this out:

USCHO Bracketology posted posted:

This week’s brackets
East Regional (Providence):
14 Boston College vs. 3 Harvard
11 Union vs. 8 Providence

Northeast Regional (Manchester):
13 Cornell vs. 4 Minnesota
12 St. Cloud State vs. 5 Boston University

Midwest Regional (Cincinnati):
15 Air Force vs. 2 Denver
9 Massachusetts-Lowell vs. 7 Western Michigan

West Regional (Fargo):
16 Bemidji State vs. 1 Minnesota-Duluth
10 North Dakota
vs. 6 Penn State

Bemidji, Minnesota-Duluth, and North Dakota all in the West Regional, that would be such a fun weekend to be in Fargo.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

NCHC Website posted:

The NCHC Tournament will consist of four quarterfinal series on the first weekend following regular-season play, March 10-12, 2017. The four higher seeds will host the four lower seeds in a best two-out-of-three format.

If the season was over now:
  • Seed #1 Denver would host Seed #8 Colorado College
  • Seed #2 Minnesota Duluth would host Seed #7 Miami
  • Seed #3 Western Michigan would host Seed #6 St. Cloud
  • Seed #4 North Dakota would host Seed #5 Nebraska Omaha*

The winners of the four quarterfinal series will advance to the NCHC Frozen Faceoff at Target Center in Minneapolis for the two semifinal games on Friday, March 17. (Semifinal games will be reseeded based on the final regular-season standings).

The winners of the two semifinal games will then meet in the Championship Game on Saturday, March 18 for an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament, while the two losers from the semifinal games will face each other in the third-place game earlier in the day.
This weekend's series are:
Denver vs. UNO
Colorado College vs. St. Cloud
UND vs. Miami
Minnesota Duluth vs. Western Michigan
So some shake up is possible, but mostly at the 4, 5, & 6 spots.

*UND and UNO are actually tied for 4th, but UND has won 3 of 4 games head-to-head which I am assuming is the tie breaker. I didn't look it up.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

Yahoo News posted:

A community college hockey player is facing charges after attacking a referee at the end of the NJCAA championship game in Binghamton, N.Y., on Sunday.

With 39 seconds remaining in the third period and his team trailing 7-4, Erie Community College freshman Brandon Day charged out of the penalty box and levelled (sic) the referee to the ice.

The officials called the game immediately after, giving the Dakota College of Bottineau Lumberjacks their 10th and final title. With only five member schools, the NJCAA decided to discontinue men’s hockey after this season.

I don't know how to imbed the video, but it's pretty bad. I don't know if it's "discontinue the sport" bad, but I guess if you've only got 5 member schools anyway it doesn't take much.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

DJExile posted:

Tom Anastos is out at Michigan State.

Chris Nell is out at Bowling Green.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Go Fighting North Dakota team

Go indeed.

Also go a Golden Gopher, go directly to the eastern bank of the Mississippi River and kindly jump in.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

DJExile posted:

BU has been in hang-on mode since late in the 3rd and had no shots in the 1st OT.

How the hell are they still in this :psyduck:

Not just in this... winners.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

DJExile posted:

:siren: OH MY GOD BU DID IT :siren:

I have no idea who I want to win now... maybe Western Michigan?

A Western Michigan, Denver, Minnesota-Duluth, who cares as long as it's not the Gophers Frozen Four would be ok, I guess.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
Brock Boeser signed with the Canucks and will make his NHL debut tonight versus the Wild.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
Tyson Jost signed with the Avalanche. gently caress.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

DJExile posted:

http://www.uscho.com/2017/03/29/north-dakota-to-cut-womens-hockey/

North Dakota is cutting women's hockey due to budget issues :(

With UND I always assume everyone is going to sue each other and we won't know what is going to happen for a couple of years. A Title IX suit may save the program, but by then they'll have run off a generation of top tier players.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
I just found this USCHO Pro Signings page. I knew Tucker Poolman wasn't coming back for his Senior year, but I didn't realize it was official.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

Neodoomium posted:

I'm glad I can enjoy Red Berenson again

Now hire someone good. No former CCHA commissioners.

Danton Cole. He seems good, US Under 18 has played really well the last few years, and he's got a huge recruitment advantage unless he was a total rear end in a top hat.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

DJExile posted:

This has literally never stopped any college coach at any level though

I've only met Dean Blais and Dave Hakstol. Both were really nice when they didn't need to be (restuarants, bars, stores, etc.). Sure I've seen them both lose their poo poo on the bench, and a lot of people are different when they're behind a whistle than on the street.

What I meant is that unless he is such an insufferable lunatic while coaching that it separates him from the general coach crowd, he's got an advantage in scouting reports, and personal relationships with top young American and international players over most other coaches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
Is it too early to open the '17-18 Thread? UND has released it's schedule:

The Man posted:

2017-18 schedule

Sept. 30 -- MANITOBA (exh.)

Oct. 6 & 7 -- at Alaska Anchorage

Oct. 13 & 14 -- ST. LAWRENCE

Oct. 20 & 21 -- MINNESOTA

Oct. 27 & 28 -- at Colorado College

Nov. 3 & 4 -- at Wisconsin

Nov. 10 & 11 -- MIAMI

Nov. 17 & 18 -- at Denver

Nov. 24 & 25 -- UNION

Dec. 1 & 2 -- WESTERN MICHIGAN

Dec. 8 & 9 -- at St. Cloud State

Dec. 30 -- U.S. UNDER-18 (exh.)

Jan. 5 & 6 -- OMAHA

Jan. 12 -- at Bemidji State
Jan. 13 -- Bemidji State

Jan. 19 & 20 -- at Minnesota Duluth

Jan. 26 & 27 -- DENVER

Feb. 9 & 10 -- COLORADO COLLEGE

Feb. 16 & 17 -- at Omaha

Feb. 23 & 24 -- at Miami

March 2 & 3 -- ST. CLOUD STATE

March 9-11 -- NCHC first round (home sites)

March 16-17 -- NCHC Frozen Faceoff (Target Center, Minneapolis)

March 24-26 -- NCAA regionals (sites to be announced April 18)

April 6-8 -- NCAA Frozen Four (Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul)

Anyone want to propose friendly wagers months in advance and sight unseen? I'm thinking of something like the AV Toxx bets frequently made in the Rugby Thread.

• Locked thread