Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
History's greatest rivalry, as we all know, is Bird Teams VS Cat Teams. Putting aside my personal allegiance here, I am opening this thread to track any head to head match ups between Bird Teams and Cat Teams, as well as keeping track of the record of each Bird Team and Cat Team.

I will also post weekly analysis and compare each group to a particular bird or cat.

Okay let's go.

---

CURRENT STANDINGSupdated 9/26/16

CAT TEAMS

Lions 1-2-0 .333 81/85 0-1-0 1-1-0 L2
Panthers 1-2-0 .333 76/70 1-1-0 0-1-0 L1
Bengals 1-2-0 .333 56/75 0-1-0 1-1-0 L2
Jaguars 0-3-0 .000 54/84 0-2-0 0-1-0 L3

Current Cat Contemplation: MEDIOCRE
The cat teams are off to a bad start. The Lions have been competitive in all three of their games, arguably less so this week as much of their point total came in the second half after the Packers went resolutely vanilla. Marvin Jones, my close personal friend, looks like possibly the best free agent signing of the offseason through three games. Cooterball looks good, albeit probably not playoff worthy in a strong NFC. The Panthers have been extremely inconsistent, and Cam Newton looks rattled. He is getting bad protection, cheap shotted a lot, and despite the resurgence of a healthy Kelvin Benjamin, their offense looks bad overall. One good game against a bad 49ers team does not count for a lot. My Bengals look inferior to last year's model, and the hopes that a healthy Eifert and a no longer suspended Burfict will improve our pretty bad defense are about all we've got going right now. Miami looks terrible, but the Bengals never beat Miami. This team could be 1-3 very easily. The Jaguars look terrible, and Gus Bradley is for sure getting fired this year.

Cat Comparison: Like a cat that somebody abandoned when they moved away. It's starting to look a little unkempt, and mousing isn't cutting it any more. This cat needs a good home.

BIRD TEAMS

Eagles 3-0-0 1.000 92/27 2-0-0 1-0-0 W3
Ravens 3-0-0 1.000 57/44 1-0-0 2-0-0 W3
Seahawks 2-1-0 .667 52/37 2-0-0 0-1-0 W1
Falcons 1-1-0 .500 59/59 0-1-0 1-0-0 W1
Cardinals 1-2-0 .333 79/63 1-1-0 0-1-0 L1

Breaking Bird Blathering: GOOD TO GREAT
The bird teams are starting off hot. The Eagles and Ravens are both undefeated through three weeks, although both teams face some big questions (Will Wentz fall to earth, will the Ravens ever play anybody good). The Seahawks seem about due to crash hard in spite of their winning record so far; no amount of nanobubbles will fix Russell Wilson's legs after he gets blown up for the millionth time. Their defense still looks about as good as ever. The Falcons are, uh, well, still the Falcons? What is there to be said about this team. Anywhere between 10-6 or 4-12 wouldn't surprise me. Julio Jones is all nicked up and keeps playing through minor ailments, and has not been the usual gamebreaker through two games. The Cardinals, man, who even knows? After losing to the biggest non-Cleveland joke in the league, can anybody say they have any idea what's up with this team, beyond Carson Palmer being a coward and a shook rear end bitch fraud? John Skelton ain't walkin through that door.

Bird Bomparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxGuNJ-nEYg Carson Palmer is the chick that doesn't make it.

---

Tonight the Falcons play the Saints. What will happen? Will a cat run onto the field, attacking Vic Beasley? Will he be able to sack the cat, before it scratches him? (No.)

Bismack Billabongo fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Sep 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Go cat teams

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Bird Gang...assemble!

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Shath Hole posted:

Bird Gang...assemble!

:dva:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Shath Hole posted:

Bird Gang...assemble!

what up.

also this thread is a great idea.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

cats imo

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Birdgang, bitch!

its all nice on rice fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Sep 26, 2016

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp9DpiOjM7k

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

cats disagree

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Shath Hole posted:

Bird Gang...assemble!

Form of a majestic eagle

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

This is unnatural, and has no place in this thread.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

cats

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Why aren't there any dog teams

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Scoreboard
http://www.philipcarr-gomm.com/cats-blamed-for-the-extinction-of-33-species/

Go Jags

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Intruder posted:

Why aren't there any dog teams
Do the Browns count?

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Hmm yes. Birds, I think.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Pending the results of tonight's Saints/Falcons game, here's your WEEK FOUR UPCOMING ANALYSIS

Kicking off Week 4 is what will certainly be a CATastrophe of a game, Dolphins at Bengals. Historically the Bengals always lose to the Dolphins, usually with a backbreaking injury or safety involved. Will a forums poster correctly predict the exact final outcome of the game like last time? I'm willing to go on record with my prediction: Andy Dalton.

On Sunday we start off with the first London game of the year between the Colts and Jaguars. Shad Khan has displayed a lot of patience but with the Jags getting a bye in week 5, will Gus Bradley get fired if they lose this game? Probably. It's the first Win Or Don't Come Back Bowl of the year.

Five of our Bird and Cat teams are active in the batch of early games on Sunday. Without a doubt, the main contest of the bunch is our second Cat V Bird showdown of the season, as the Panthers take on the Falcons. I'm loathe to predict divisional games, but I 100% guarantee a Cat Team victory here. Meanwhile, we have Lions @ Bears, Seahawks @ Jets, and Raiders @ Ravens. The Bears are freefalling, and present an excellent opportunity for the Lions to get back to .500. After a nightmare performance against KC, I'd be surprised to see Ryan Fitzpatrick rebound against the tough Seahawks D. Finally, as much as I hate to predict any losses for the teams this thread is concerned with, I think the Raiders steal one in Baltimore as Jihad Ward detonates Joe Flacco's iron dick.

In the afternoon batch of games comes our final matchup of importance, as the Rams travel to play the Cardinals. The Rams seem bad, but the Cardinals got thoroughly outplayed by the loving Bills, so who can really say what happens here? I predict the Cardinals squeak by with a win, but Carson Palmer has his second straight shaky performance.

The Eagles are off Week 4. What kind of exotic game will Carson Wentz bag this week, and will the rest of the bird conference throw him out for his love of turkey hunting? Stay tuned...

Bismack Billabongo fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 26, 2016

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What? No Horse team?!

Chargers
Broncos
Colts

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The chargers current logo has no horse in it. As such I disqualify them as a horse team, despite their horse mascot. Also, get out of my thread. No horses allowed.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Might as well put the Bears and rams in with the horse teams.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Anaranjado posted:

Kicking off Week 4 is what will certainly be a CATastrophe of a game, Dolphins at Bengals. Historically the Bengals always lose to the Dolphins, usually with a backbreaking
The Eagles are off Week 4. What kind of exotic game will Carson Wentz bag this week, and will the rest of the bird conference throw him out for his love of turkey hunting? Stay tuned...

Carson is grouse hunting this week, according to the man himself.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the Cardinals are in reference to the directions rather than the bird or religious figures so you may want to stop covering them. Similar to the thing where people think the chargers are horse-related when it's about credit cards. goodbye for a short time

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Shath Hole posted:

Bird Gang...assemble!

By our powers combined...

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The Ravens are really about a poem. The Panthers are about a civil rights group. The Jaguars are a car team

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Seahawks are about havin a good time ya dig

Hey baby lets Go Hawks

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Intruder posted:

The Ravens are really about a poem. The Panthers are about a civil rights group. The Jaguars are a car team

Bengals are a state in India.

Falcons are a character from F-Zero.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
No, I did not swoop down upon a small child, carrying him away while his pants looked on in horror.

Yes, I did poop in a box and then paw ineffectively at the air to cover up the smell.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

FIRST TIME posted:

West Bengals of Cincinnati

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

FIRST TIME posted:

The Bengals are the hot bitches from the 80s

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Hi I just want to say a big hearty gently caress You to OP for that bird video. I didn't want to cry today

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Shath Hole posted:

Bird Gang...assemble!

:hawksin:

gently caress cat teams, go bird teams :parrot:

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

In time, cats will drive the birds to utter ruin and annihilation.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Shath Hole posted:

The Bengals are the hot bitches from the 80s

They give me Pacman Fever.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Cats are good but cat teams are bad and the Panthers are the worst.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Cruel and Unusual posted:

In time, cats will drive the birds to utter ruin and annihilation.

Cat team Super Bowls: 0

Bird team Super Bowls: more than 0

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

FAT BATMAN posted:

I didn't want to cry today

Why not?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chichevache posted:

Cat team Super Bowls: 0

Bird team Super Bowls: more than 0

Thank you Seahawks and Ravens. Eagles and Falcons needs to step the gently caress up, they are clearly more dominant in the animal kingdom why is it not translating into human football :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Shath Hole posted:

Thank you Seahawks and Ravens. Eagles and Falcons needs to step the gently caress up, they are clearly more dominant in the animal kingdom why is it not translating into human football :colbert:

Yeah, don't even bother asking the Cardinals.

• Locked thread