Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Kirios posted:

I had a mouse trapped in my drained pool yesterday.

I put one of my cats in there, and I watched him rip that mouse from limb to limb and tossed him around the pool, as the mouse bled out.

It was the most metal and awesome thing my cat has ever done. A dog cannot compare with that.

Read Whitefang, scrub.

Amy Pole Her posted:

I mean, how is Miami not a favorite here?! Dolphins are fun to watch and have the mental power of a handicapped toddler much like the team itself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COuJJBibGWM possibly :nws:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

riht
Dec 13, 2004

i knew u were trouble when u tossed int

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxVDsZvVIQc

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Cat teams this year:

http://i.imgur.com/cmA2Piw.mp4

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Dog should have placed a rubberband around that cat's neck imo

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

weird Asian candy posted:

Dog should have placed a rubberband around that cat's neck imo

That cat's name is Cam Newton, because it's choking.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Chichevache posted:

*parachutes in from gbs* looks like a bengal to me

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chichevache posted:

The bag represents expectations...

This is deep.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The dog represents a new head coach.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ghost Dog posted:

*parachutes in from gbs* looks like a bengal to me

I don't think the cat put the bag on its own head.

Here's the Bengal

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

feast your eyes on this bad boy

[/img]http://bigcatland.com/animated/strongbigtiger-10.gif[/img]

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Cavauro posted:

feast your eyes on this bad boy

[/img]http://bigcatland.com/animated/strongbigtiger-10.gif[/img]

you bungled your post

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chichevache posted:

you bungled your post

It must be a picture of the playoffs

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

actually that was purposeful to make fun of people posting cat gifs but hell yeah, regardless, to everything

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Chichevache posted:

no post-bag storming off

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Is that cat showing its teeth in a fake display of smilitude?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Just a reminder to my fellow cat friends, we have a Cat Color Rush game tonight. Fish team fan Ehud has kindly made a pregame thread for it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792570

Support your cat brothers, it's the right thing to do.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

its all nice on rice posted:

Birds can use tools and talk.

I wish. I've owned probably like two dozen parakeets and not one of them could figure out how to use a circular saw.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Magicpants posted:

I wish. I've owned probably like two dozen parakeets and not one of them could figure out how to use a circular saw.

That sounds pretty smart to me. I've spent my whole life figuring out how not to work.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
how did we not use the falconry tag for this thread? smh

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

axeil posted:

how did we not use the falconry tag for this thread? smh

Probably because the :catdrugs: were kicking in.

Furthermore, it is my opinion that Sean Payton must be fired.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7QZnwKqopo

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
BIRD TEAMS BITCH

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Go Birds

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Go bird teams, gently caress the lesser mammals

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Bad Moon posted:

BIRD TEAMS BITCH

Even though the Raven bird goons are dicks and hate the Falcons for no good reason :colbert:

BIRDGANG BEYOTCH!

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Bird teams?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
WEEK FOUR TRIP REPORT

CURRENT CAT CONTEMPLATION: MANGY
The cat teams have continued to be relatively weak at best. The Bengals lead the cat division at 2-2, with the other three teams having won only a quarter of their games between them. The Lions lost to, arguably, one of the worst two teams in the league yesterday. Stafford looked lost and inept, and his receivers offered him little to no help. Brian Hoyer is Bad, folks. Meanwhile, the Panthers are perhaps the most baffling team in the NFL, getting completely savaged by the Falcons, who we'll get to later. Perhaps the main issue is coming in pass protection, as Cam Newton was knocked out with a concussion. On the defensive side of the ball, they look vastly inferior to last year's model; the loss of Josh Norman seemed like it would be a big deal in the offseason, but frankly the entire unit looks lost. The Jaguars finally won a game, but they tried their hardest to piss it away like so many stray duCATs. Blake Bortles had a relatively efficient, mostly mistake free game, but this team is still not looking good, and Gus Bradley's momentary respite may not last longer than a few more weeks at this rate. Finally the Cat Conference leading Bengals smooshed the Dolphins in a game they should have won, and were expected to win. They draw a Dallas team that looks fairly solid; Dez Bryant's status could be crucial to this matchup. Tyler Eifert is expected to be active for this game as well.

Cat Comparison: Last week's abandoned cat has gotten into some minor fights and has a big scratch on its ear that is starting to collect pus and ooze and smegma. The cat's ribs are visible through its fur.

BREAKING BIRD BLATHERING: PALMER CONTINUES HIS DEATH SPIRAL
4 out of 5 bird teams have winning records, and that's great. Despite losing to the Raiders, Baltimore's easy start to the season has put them in an advantageous position in a tough division with the Kawalimus Bowl coming up on Sunday. The Seahawks seem to get better every week as Russell Wilson gets more injured; Jimmy Graham is finally living up to what Seattle gave up for him. Maybe. The Falcons look really good, at least on offense. With the hole Carolina has dug themselves, at this point you almost have to call the Falcons the favorite to win the division. Finally, with the Eagles off this week, we come to the suddenly incompetent Cardinals. I don't have an axe to grind, but Carson Palmer is shook.

Bird Bomparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwpRHrAh3pk The bird is Carson Palmer.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

weird Asian candy posted:

Even though the Raven bird goons are dicks and hate the Falcons for no good reason :colbert:

BIRDGANG BEYOTCH!

roddy white committed opi and until you apologize for this loving atrocity ull feel the wrath of ravens chat

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

WEEK FIVE UPCOMING ANALYSIS AND PREDICTIONS

In a change from Week 4, we feature a bird team this Thursday as the Cardinals play the 49ers. Both of these teams have been pretty bad so far. The Cards may be without Carson Palmer this week, though, and despite his recent bad play he still had to be better than Drew Stanton, surely. If Palmer plays, I'd say this is close to a lock for Arizona, but if it's Stanton the only lock is that this game will be an abomination.

The early batch of games features another Cat V Bird Bowl; this time we get to contemplate the Eagles and Lions. Detroit should be competitive but ultimately they're just too inconsistent and facing an excellent defense. Detroit seems to play up or down to their competition, so I expect they will cover against a team that is still hard to get a good sense of. So far the Bird Teams have won both interleague matchups. Also airing in the early round of games: the Kawalimus Bowl, dedicated to the only human who thinks Ravens VS Redskins is important. Neither of these teams have been remotely consistent, but frankly the skins secondary looks suspect and will likely be easy to take advantage of, even for the corpses of Mike Wallace and Dennis pitta. Expect a high score in this game, with the final result coming down to whoever gets the last possession.

In the late batch we have two more matchups to consider: Falcons vs Broncos, possibly the most interesting game of the week. This is a serious test for a Falcons team that has started off hot against inconsistent opponents. If they can knock off the excellent Broncos defense, they'll officially put the league on notice. This is easier said than done. Meanwhile the Bengals travel to Dallas this week and are likely to have Tyler Eifert back in the lineup. His presence in the red zone will be a major boost for Andy Dalton, and will likely take some heat off of AJ Green after his big game against Miami. The Cowboys defense has been acceptable thus far but may be in trouble here. Their best hope is to turn this game into a shootout.

Finally, on Monday night the Panthers play the Bucs, who have been total dogshit since week one. Even if Derek Anderson starts for Carolina, the writing is on the wall for Tampa. I M H O.

The Seahawks and Jaguars are off this week. Will Gus Bradley place a phone call to Pete Carroll asking for a assistant defensive coaching position in case he gets fired? Absolutely.

THRILLHO'S PICKS
Cardinals
Eagles
Redskins
Broncos
Bengals
Panthers

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
The dirty birds are holding it down, but Cards, Ravens, and Iggles have brought shame upon us all.

Question. Do paper tigers count as cats?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

no. now that's paper.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Falcons take down another filthy mammal team.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Detroit Football Lions holding up the cat teams at their end

mostly by being unpredictable assholes who like to poo poo everywhere and make you hate them but just when you want to get rim of em they snuggle up to you purring and all is right with the world

then the cycle begins anew with the next round of making GBS threads

cat teams

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Friends, this is now a thread about Cam Wake talking about the way poop tastes.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
gently caress a Falcon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Chichevache posted:

gently caress a Falcon.