Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
The student will not become the master this day. Dan Quinn, back to the basement with you.

Don't let the Panthers win the division

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
If two cat or two bird teams go against each other is the result voided for their game since one of the teams in the same group is going to get a win?

If so then it will be up to the Cardinals to get a win for the birds this week. I don't want the cats to be up 2-0 in wins, but I am a Seahawks fan so it is a tough call if I want to root for them or not.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
There was some straight up bird on bird crime yesterday. I feel cheated and betrayed by my fellow birdgang members.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I can't believe that the Seattle Seahawks are objectively better than the Atlanta Falcons.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
More clutch

it is a bird joke

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Cloaca

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

weird Asian candy posted:

There was some straight up bird on bird crime yesterday. I feel cheated and betrayed by my fellow birdgang members.

And there's gonna be more come next week with us playing the Cardinals. Fandom aside, that was a hell of a game and the Falcons should take the division.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Benny the Snake posted:

And there's gonna be more come next week with us playing the Cardinals. Fandom aside, that was a hell of a game and the Falcons should take the division.

If I allow myself to look past the interception, and DPI, the game was an amazing game between the two teams. Going into half 17-3 with literally nothing working, I was very worried. That 3rd quarter was straight up dominant. A Mike Smith led team wouldn't have done that, so it was good to see them come out of half time and stick it to the Seahawks. The Seahawks are a great team, there is no shame in losing to them...especially the way we did...it was a great game between two (what appears to be) NFC contenders and one I hope we see again in the Playoffs!

Falcons weren't going 15-1, and with the state of the division and their level of play, should cruise to a NFCS title. This may be one of those games that proves to be a springboard for the rest of the season...we will see.

gently caress Richard Sherman though...

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I feel like that fact that the Lions are the cat team with the most wins does not bode well for Cat Crew overall

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Birdgang getting shown up by cat shitters noooooooo

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Bird teams can set aside their natural destructive tendencies to find a peaceful resolution. A middle path.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
The true bird team :smug:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it sfucked up to see any time a bird eats another smaller bird in the wild. or cats doing this. Don't even look at it, i'd say.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I saw a Seagull swallow a Sparrow whole outside my flat the other day.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
West coast bird teams are really bringing us all down

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I want to choke my dumb bird team but they already did that on their own!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

weird Asian candy posted:

I want to choke my dumb bird team but they already did that on their own!

It's the post-Seattle-loss. Happens to a lot of teams.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Apologies for the hiatus on rankings and updated standings, friends. I am a lazy, lazy man.

Cat Crew

Lions 4-3-0
Bengals 3-4-0
Jaguars 2-4-0
Panthers 1-5-0

Current Cat Team Condition: mrowww mrow prrrprprprrrrrrrrr rowwwwwll
With the Panthers inactive this week, two of the other three cat teams won. The Bengals beat the Browns 31-17 in a game that was a little closer than the score indicates, and the Lions won on yet another last second score to beat the Washington Football Team. Meanwhile, the Jags pooped in they pants, again. In week 8, the Jaguars play the Titans on Thursday night in game that will probably end up as a Cat Loss, IMHO. Who knows, both teams are pretty bad. Let's go with the team that isn't coached by Mike Mularkey currently. The Bengals draw a London shitfest against the Slurs, who have maybe overperformed a bit due to a weak schedule. The Panthers face the Cardinals in a CAT V BIRD SHOWDOWN and a rematch of last year's NFC Championship embarassment for Carson Palmer, which was itself a reverse role repeat of the infamous Jake Delhomme Birthday Meltdown. Will one of the quarterbacks in this game turn the ball over six times? Will the Cardinals take out their tie based frustration on a Pretty Bad Carolina team, or will the Panthers bounce back and forever rid me of known Coward Carson Palmer? God I loving hope so. Finally the Lions play the Texans in Houston; Matt Stafford has been excellent at home but this is a very good Houston defense. OVERALL CAT RECORD: 10-16-0 (.384)

Cat Video Of The Week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMwZTAw5kN0 The cat is Blake Bortles. :nws:

Bird Budz

Seahawks 4-1-1
Eagles 4-2-0
Falcons 4-3-0
Cardinals 3-3-1
Ravens 3-4-0

Burrent Bird Team Bondition: brawwwwwwwk
The Eagles managed to be the only bird team to win a game this week; Atlanta pissed away a winnable game, the Ravens have lost four in a row, and the less said about the Seahawks and Cardinals the better. Bird on bird violence of that sort is not condoned. In Week 8, aside from the previously mentioned Cardinals/Panthers game, the Seahawks play the Saints in the Jimmy Graham Homecoming Bowl. New Orleans has been the usual terrible defensive sieve but Seattle's offense is garbo. Will we get two ties in two weeks featuring the same team? That would be cool, IMO. The Packers play the Falcons in the semiannual Green Bay Fans Care About This Matchup Way Too Much For Some Reason Bowl. Julio Jones is going to devour the Packers secondary if they can't get some dudes back and healthy. Finally, the suddenly shaky Eagles draw the rested and ready Cowboys in what will probably be an exciting game to watch. Will the Eagles defense be able to contain Ezekiel Elliot? (No.) OVERALL BIRD RECORD: 18-13-2 (.555)

Bird Video Of The Week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VyQipO4miw The mouse is Steven Hauschka and Chandler Catanzaro's gay love child.

thrilla in vanilla's Guarantees of the Week
Jags over Titans, 31-27
Bengals over Washington, 28-27
Cardinals over Panthers, 20-17
Texans over Lions, 17-13
Saints over Seahawks, 21-10
Falcons over Packers, 31-21
Cowboys over Eagles, 24-19

PROP BETS OF THE WEEK
Over/under for number of rushing attempts for Matt Jones: 25
Over/under for number of combined INTs in JAX/TEN game: 3
Over/under for number of combined INTs in AZ/CAR game: 4
Over/under for number of separate discussions of Tony Romo trade speculation during PHI/DAL game: 4

Bismack Billabongo fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Oct 24, 2016

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chichevache posted:

It's the post-Seattle-loss. Happens to a lot of teams.

Richard Sherman is still interfering with our success a week later :colbert:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Pelicans often eat other birds

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
I would like a serious scouting report on a cat team for this weekend: The Bengals. Can't afford to drop another game to a cat team.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

NattyBo posted:

I would like a serious scouting report on a cat team for this weekend: The Bengals. Can't afford to drop another game to a cat team.

Basically the only people on the team playing consistently well are Dalton, AJ Green, and Brandon Lafell as weird as it is to say. The defense has been getting loving gashed, the run game has been extremely inconsistent, and both lines are performing below expectations. Coaching has been questionable in all three phases as well. That being said I think the Bengals pass rush should abuse Washington's line depending on the scherff injury and Lafell and eifert are going to eat if the skins drape themselves on AJ. Probably gonna be a shootout

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Edit: Wrong thread.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Haha jags

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Arizona im sorry we're your kryptonite

#sorrynotsorry

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
A dark day for bird teams :911:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Bad Moon posted:

A dark day for bird teams :911:

Falcons beat the Packers! :birddrugs:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

a new study bible! posted:

Pelicans often eat other birds

Pelicans are metal as gently caress.

Also, gently caress the Seahawks.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chichevache posted:

Falcons beat the Packers! :birddrugs:

Hell yeah! :hfive:

Even with the evil Packers (literally) trying to hold us down, the good guys still won. It should have counted as two wins, one against GB and one against the refs tbh :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
BIRD

TEAMS

Falcons offense is so good I can ignore the defense

• Locked thread