Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
This game is so sick.
There are literally thousands of infected people.

I only played the first one, and Bill was pretty cool. Grumpy but understandably so.

This is my one and only required mod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuJrrN01SMM

Talk about your best left four dead experiences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I hate this game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Best Left for Dead experience? Installing the mod that uninstalls the game lmfao... gently caress you.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Wormskull posted:

Best Left for Dead experience? Installing the mod that uninstalls the game lmfao... gently caress you.
Why would there be a mod that uninstalls the game?? wtf

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Gildiss posted:

There are literally thousands of infected people.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

A terminal case of having fun.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I guess, I can't say if number two is fun or a real number two.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So this one time I was a jumpy guy and the four cool people were jumping across apartments through the windows and I sniped one with a jump and rode them into the insta death void called an inner city alley. It was very fun.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Gildiss posted:

So this one time I was a jumpy guy and the four cool people were jumping across apartments through the windows and I sniped one with a jump and rode them into the insta death void called an inner city alley. It was very fun.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Gildiss posted:

That guy's only in 2

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

The super giant zombie was my first teabag.

I was Louis and he was happy squatting over that giant zombie head

Soral
May 30, 2009

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i once had fun playing l4d with my friend drunk where i used the mouse and he used the keyboard

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

i once had fun playing l4d with my friend drunk where i used the mouse and he used the keyboard

i wish more games had split controls like that because it ends up pretty fun

i like games where vehicles have multiple people on them for the same reason

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

Psi-Ops had a Coop Mode cheat that was basically just this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

i wish more games had split controls like that because it ends up pretty fun

i like games where vehicles have multiple people on them for the same reason

All the best 2v2 Mario party minigames are this

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Didn't l4d2 come out like six months after the first?

Fun games though. You never forget your first witch

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I played with two guys on my friends list who were brothers from alabama and when they'd get pissed or hosed up one of them would go afk and then we'd hear them fighting over the other one's mic

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I played with two guys on my friends list who were brothers from alabama and when they'd get pissed or hosed up one of them would go afk and then we'd hear them fighting over the other one's mic

awesome

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
this game is good and i have fun playing it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Still pissed at boak for buying me the censored Australian version of this game.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Still pissed at boak for buying me the censored Australian version of this game.

Wait, are you Australian, or are you in the US/elsewhere and an Ausgoon bought it for you? Since no offense, if it's the latter, that's pretty funny :D
Either way though, I feel your pain - I'm an Aussie and only have the censored version (although they uncensored it I believe. Ages after I stopped playing it...)

I hope I'm not the only one who liked the original L4D way more than L4D2 though. I was always a fan of No Mercy (then Dead Air in second) despite it being the most played level, and probably what everyone else soon got sick of.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I like to play No More Room In Hell, OP.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Kazvall posted:

No More Room in Hell owns realyl hard. i loved the mall survival map with all the dumb traps you could set

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Badass.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Major Isoor posted:

Wait, are you Australian, or are you in the US/elsewhere and an Ausgoon bought it for you? Since no offense, if it's the latter, that's pretty funny :D
Either way though, I feel your pain - I'm an Aussie and only have the censored version (although they uncensored it I believe. Ages after I stopped playing it...)

I hope I'm not the only one who liked the original L4D way more than L4D2 though. I was always a fan of No Mercy (then Dead Air in second) despite it being the most played level, and probably what everyone else soon got sick of.

He's a pom kiwi kunt.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Kazvall posted:

codename cure is also v gud

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

criken had a l4d2 stream where ppl on twitch could type commands to spawn additional mobs and torment a group of players and its pretty great

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
vermintide is pretty cool

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Vladimir Putt-Putt posted:

vermintide is pretty cool

I keep forgetting about that game! Unfortunately none of my former L4D-playing friends have it, so I'm stuck with playing it either solo or with pubs. (I don't suppose there are any other Aussies here, who play it on Steam?)
Cool game though - has a good atmosphere to it, like the original L4D.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Vermintide is kickass. Better than L4D I think.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Absolutely. Let's play sometime

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

My favorite weapons are a tie between the witch hunter's rapier and the soldier's hammer.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

One of the cooler things about Vermintide is that it's basically L4D built primarily around melee combat instead of ranged combat, but even the ranged weapons (bows, blunderbuss etc) feel meatier and more satisfying than L4D's guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lumpy the Cook posted:

One of the cooler things about Vermintide is that it's basically L4D built primarily around melee combat instead of ranged combat, but even the ranged weapons (bows, blunderbuss etc) feel meatier and more satisfying than L4D's guns.

drat, if only I had known it was that kind of game, would have bought it on sale. Lesson learned.

• Locked thread