Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The first presidential debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald J Trump will be tonight, 9 PM eastern time. If you want to watch the debate, it will be on TV and also the internet.

This thread is for talking about the debate.

C-SPAN Streaming link https://www.c-span.org/2016presidentialDebates/

mid posted:

Bloomberg Live: http://www.bloomberg.com/live
Twitter (using the Bloomberg stream): https://debates.twitter.com

Guy Goodbody fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Sep 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I'm meeting another goon at a bar to watch this shitshow but I look forward to checking the thread when I get home.

Edit: Please have already captured and posted any amusing facial contortions or reactions as gifs, thanks.

Edit: I should mention that I have to go to a bar to watch it because my wife is too worried about the election already and doesn't want to see any part of it.

davebo fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 26, 2016

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

going to spend the night trying to convince my wife not to move to canada. will be fun.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Can't wait to get baked, make some popcorn, and watch this wonderful, crazy mess go down.

(And have NHL preseason games on if any are televised because I've been too lazy to check)

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Some NHL Preseason will be televised.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
What is the absolute worst thing that Trump can say about any one or any thing and still walk away unscathed?

I'm going to say it'll be calling Bill Clinton a rapist.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ringo Star Get posted:

What is the absolute worst thing that Trump can say about any one or any thing and still walk away unscathed?

Anime sucks and should be banned.

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf
It's going to be really tempting to get shitfaced for the debate but please practice moderation.

Or at least try to stay hydrated I guess.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Ringo Star Get posted:

Was slavery really that bad? I don't know. I have many slave friends who had a good time and you have all the mainstream media saying another thing. Who really knows? Might have been good, might have been bad.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Trump will actually start a race war tonight

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Donald Trump is going to be real condescending to Hillary in a bunch of subtle ways that almost no men pick up on, and a shitload of women do. That's my page 1 prediction.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
He's going to hide a contract in his podium, and at some point, walk over to Clinton and try to pressure her into signing it.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Nessus posted:

Donald Trump is going to be real condescending to Hillary in a bunch of subtle ways that almost no men pick up on, and a shitload of women do. That's my page 1 prediction.

I don't think it's going to be all that subtle.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
How much are we betting he will slip and call her whore, bitch, or oval office at least once tonight if he gets pushed against the ropes enough?

Trump is a mess!

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Ringo Star Get posted:

"Look Hitler did a lot of bad things but..."

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

smg77 posted:

I don't think it's going to be all that subtle.

Yeah I don't think you have to be a sexist whisperer to work out he has a problem with women

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I'm going to a debate watching party in Boston so I don't slowly lose my mind.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'm going to a debate watching party in Boston so I don't slowly lose my mind.

I'm going to watch it alone and embrace the new insanity.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

He's going to hide a contract in his podium, and at some point, walk over to Clinton and try to pressure her into signing it.

And she will respond the same way Undertaker signs his contacts and chokeslam him through it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
It's a good thing my wife is here or the rest of the bourbon under the sink would be gone and then the vinegar and probably half the floor cleaner

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
My prediction is, sadly, that Trump will not actually defecate on stage, thereby achieving Debate Victor status in the media tomorrow morning. Hillary will drop another .3 in the polls, causing the forum to go eerily quiet.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Saving my drinking for tomorrow when the public declares Trump the winner of the debate.

The bar is set so low for him, as long as he doesn't call Hillary a oval office and piss his pants, he'll come out on top tonight.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
I'm betting it's going to be super boring since everyone including his team knows that people will be watching tonight to see him put his foot in his mouth. So it'll just be recited platitudes from both camps.

Anchor Wanker
May 14, 2015
I predict...

Hillary will be declared the winner, but polls won't move in her favor.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Mr. Wiggles posted:

My prediction is, sadly, that Trump will not actually defecate on stage, thereby achieving Debate Victor status in the media tomorrow morning. Hillary will drop another .3 in the polls, causing the forum to go eerily quiet.

nah she's definitely going to win, when has 'lil Billy Krisol ever been wrong?

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/780474264898109440

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I feel that with Gennifer Flowers front and center at the debate, Trump will make a dumb comment about Hillary not being able to satisfy her husband or whatever and Hillary will deliver the knockout blow that sends women on the fence about her to the Dem side

what's more likely to happen is that Lester Holt will poo poo his pants live on TV and won't fact check a single thing

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Can I have some links to the debate? Apparently Bloomberg is doing live debate factchecking and they had a debate youtube stream but it got taken down?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

I feel that with Gennifer Flowers front and center at the debate, Trump will make a dumb comment about Hillary not being able to satisfy her husband or whatever and Hillary will deliver the knockout blow that sends women on the fence about her to the Dem side

what's more likely to happen is that Lester Holt will poo poo his pants live on TV and won't fact check a single thing

"I'm not sure, what is the big fact, and what is a little fact?"

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

ImpAtom posted:

"I'm not sure, what is the big fact, and what is a little fact?"

earlier in USPol someone said that we live in a post-fact society which is probably the most horrifying thing I've heard in my life

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Stallion Cabana posted:

Can I have some links to the debate? Apparently Bloomberg is doing live debate factchecking and they had a debate youtube stream but it got taken down?

NBC: https://www.youtube.com/NBCNews
PBS: https://www.youtube.com/pbsnewshour
NPR: http://www.npr.org/ (audio stream)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/i/live/778347749217406976

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I'm going to watch it alone and embrace the new insanity.

You could join us in #poligoon on Synirc! It has helped keep my blood pressure down during the primaries.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Svanja posted:

You could join us in #poligoon on Synirc! It has helped keep my blood pressure down during the primaries.

In browser support link or do we need to download MIRC?

mid
Aug 2, 2002

Bang.

Bloomberg Live: http://www.bloomberg.com/live
Twitter (using the Bloomberg stream): https://debates.twitter.com

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
While we're talking about chat channels: any plans on a discord channel?

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Spiffster posted:

In browser support link or do we need to download MIRC?

I am using mIRC, hopefully someone can come up with a mibbet link or something.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Carlosologist posted:

earlier in USPol someone said that we live in a post-fact society which is probably the most horrifying thing I've heard in my life

You should probably back away slowly from D&D

I'm gonna watch this debate and my prediction is it won't exceed my expectations of being wacky and unpredictable

Cause nothing can surprise me at this point

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Carlosologist posted:

Last I heard, she wasn't going to be at the debate after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Carlosologist posted:

yuuuuuuuuuuuup

Seriously this debate doesn't matter. The two can say whatever the gently caress they want, it all depends on whether the mods do their jobs. It sorta sucks!

• Locked thread