Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Svanja posted:

You could join us in #poligoon on Synirc! It has helped keep my blood pressure down during the primaries.

I tried to join and it looks like I'm banned, even though I've never been in the channel? :confused:

quote:

#poligoon Cannot join channel (+b)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

hhhat posted:

You should probably back away slowly from D&D

I'm gonna watch this debate and my prediction is it won't exceed my expectations of being wacky and unpredictable

Cause nothing can surprise me at this point

I'm still pretty confident that Clinton pulls out a 300+ EV win, I'm not Arzying on every new poll honestly. I'm of the mind that the GOTV in swing states and Obama helping on the campaign will push her numbers back into safe for everyone territory.

As for tonight, I'm hoping something unpredictable happens, but the level of hype surrounding tonight makes it just as likely that nothing of consequence happens

Rhetoric-o-Tron
Jan 5, 2009

by Pragmatica
I do a drinking game every debate that normally turns into around 40-80 people shitposting about both candidates with specific underscoring of no butt hurt.

I don't think anyone would be overly interested in a link to the thread on my wall but, lacking that, here are the rules. They're sort of basic-bitch rules but everything else I run into is either irrelevant due to "lol Hillary turns into an evil demon monster and our God Emperor turns into a Centipede and eats her" or just taking a shot when Donald says something.

Weirdly enough I ended up getting around 20 people who had never watched a debate into watching them all but, as a related note, I know a lot of functional alcoholics.

-
// 2016 Debate - Official Drinking Game
= Monday Night Football Edition =
-
Without further procrastination:
-
You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary.
(Revelation 2:3)
-
Thread Moderator will be utilizing the following:
1x Ezra Brooks definitely-not-a-Jack-clone whiskey.
2x Vlassic Dill Pickle juice.
1x PBR 6-pack; tallboy.
1x Cuervo 100ml
1x Canadian Club 200ml
AsNeededx Tears.
-

The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.
(Revelation 8:7)
-

/GLOBAL SHOTS/
- RED HOT BRANDING: Either candidate references their own campaign slogan (Make America Great; Stand Together)
- YOU CAN'T WRITE A CHECK TO A BALANCE: Candidate says they'll do something that isn't a presidential power. Announce you'll do something you can't actually do. Take a shot.
- SEE IF YOU ACCIDENTALLY HIT THE ON DEMAND BUTTON: Moderator fact checks statement. Make sure you're on the right channel. Take a shot if you are. Finish beer if you are not and switch back to debate if you want. Or don't.
- CUBAN MISSILE CRISIS: Camera shot of Mark Cuban in crowd. Wink at TV. Take shot.
- MUTINY: Either candidate tramples on moderator. If this happens it is a special drink event necessitating you make the drink, A Moderator. A Moderator consists of: single shot of vodka poured into cup of water. Finish drink.
- YOU JUST MADE THAT NAME UP: References someone they met campaigning, their struggle, and how they'll change that. Warning: this will almost 100% be a double shot due to YOU CAN'T WRITE A CHECK TO A BALANCE.
- THE TABLES TURNED: Moderator interrupts candidate. Take half a shot, interrupt with sip of beer.
- RETURN OF A FAVORITE: Anyone says Islamic Terrorism. Say Allah Akbar. Take shot.

-
The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.
(Revelation 8:10-11)
-

/LOOSE THREADS/
- METADATA: Thread Moderator comments "Shots Fired" or "Shits Sharted"
- PRESENTED WITHOUT COMMENTARY: Thread Moderator comments a picture and only a picture.
- STARE INTO THE ABYSS: You realize that one of the two people on stage are going to be president. Take shot or sip as needed.

-
The fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night.
(Revelation 8:12)
-

/HILLARY'S TUMBLR/
- MARK ALL AS READ: Justification or discussion of deleted emails. Send a text message to an ex. Delete conversation after sending. Take a shot.
- THE VAPORS: Sneezes or coughs. Say, "Bless you." Take shot.
- LIPSTICK ON A PIG: Retorts that America is already great. Scoff like you're Ann Coulter. Take shot. Flip hair.
- HEEL TURN: Pivots question. That is, a question is asked and the response does not answer the question. Reach for shot of liquor but grab and take a swig of beer instead.
- MY HUMBLE BEGINNINGS: Likens herself to an average American. Take shot of blue collar beer.
- IT WAS A GOOD DAY: References gun control. Make gun with fingers. Take shot.
- WOLFMOTHER: References "first woman" precedent. Sing "SHE'S GONNA SET YOU FREEEEEE." Take shot
- TEAR DOWN THIS WALL: Talks about breaking down barriers. Break down the barrier of your sobriety by taking a shot.

-
As I watched, I heard an eagle that was flying in midair call out in a loud voice: “Woe! Woe! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the trumpet blasts about to be sounded by the other three angels!”
(Revelation 8:13)
-

/THE DON BOMB/
- DON ON DON: Trump speaks of self in third person. Take a shot.
- LEAP OF FAITH: Trump says, "Believe me." Make sign of the cross. Take shot.
- DONJA VU: Same sentence said twice. Same sentence said twice. Take two shots. Take two shots.
- ALL I DO IS WIN WIN WIN: Says, "Tremendous." Yell, "YUUUGE." Take shot.
- REITERATIVE BRANDING: Calls Hillary crooked. Pop back. Take shot.
- FOURTH WALL: Talks to the audience looking for applause. Take shot.
- K. I. S. S.: Answers question with three word sentence. Say a three word sentence using 'gently caress.' Take shot.
- POINT TO IT ON A MAP: Mentions Benghazi. Pour a little beer out for VileRat (RIP). Take shot.
- ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM: Says "some people have said" or uses "some people" as a source that can be cited. Make a Wikipedia entry for yourself after the debate raging drunk. Take a shot until then.

-
The first woe is past; two other woes are yet to come.
(Revelation 9:12)
-

May God have mercy on your soul.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

mid posted:

Bloomberg Live: http://www.bloomberg.com/live
Twitter (using the Bloomberg stream): https://debates.twitter.com

putting these in the OP

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Hot take: the debate will be so managed, the questions so carefully selected, Hillary Clinton will still have the charisma of a brown bricked wall who won't go on the attack in any real sense, that this debate will be super nothing and boring all the way through.

I mean holy poo poo now that I think of it Hillary is so devoid of personality and charisma she's like literally the worst person I could think of to debate a poo poo turd like trump.

The only way it would pick up if trump went completely insane, but I doubt he will reiterate the stuff he said previously.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The first debate.

Hillary refuses to even interview with the media so I think it's pretty sensible that she will be flustered in this debate and lose rapidly.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

LeoMarr posted:

The first debate.

Hillary refuses to even interview with the media so I think it's pretty sensible that she will be flustered in this debate and lose rapidly.

:trumppop:

BAWRLIN
Nov 23, 2003

He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long.
If that post is how we're doing things then I am gonna go ahead and start drinking.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

I'm already high

BAWRLIN
Nov 23, 2003

If I had a bowl of Skittles and three of them had been in my pants, would you still take a handful? That's how debate watching parties work, too.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

LeoMarr posted:

The first debate.

:dogbutton:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

BAWRLIN posted:

If I had a bowl of Skittles and three of them had been in my pants, would you still take a handful? That's how debate watching parties work, too.
"If this is going to be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my dick in the Skittles!"
-- Donald Trump, Jr. (overheard, probably)

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Poe's Law, meet The Onion

Trump Planning To Throw Lie About Immigrant Crime Rate Out There Early In Debate To Gauge How Much He Can Get Away With

e: also, in a more disturbing note, when you google "Poe's Law", Conservapedia shows up as the top definition. A website created by the grandson of Phyllis Schlafly.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I genuinely wish I had called in sick so I could watch the death of American dignity.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
do what i did and break your elbow so you get a few weeks off

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Just to clarify, rules regarding drunk posted are suspended for this thread, right? Cause I have no idea how anyone is gonna survive this circus without some serious mind bleach

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

XMNN posted:

do what i did and break your elbow so you get a few weeks off

Boy, it must be nice to work at a place that gives you time off for injuries. :smith:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Magres posted:

Just to clarify, rules regarding drunk posted are suspended for this thread, right? Cause I have no idea how anyone is gonna survive this circus without some serious mind bleach

I'd love to say yes but I don't think I have that power

BAWRLIN
Nov 23, 2003

Magres posted:

If not then I am getting probated tonight.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Isn't the rule just "be coherent" anyway?

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
If you ever feel the need to tell people how much you're drinking or how drunk you are, you should remember that nobody cares about you or is interested in you
In topical news, both camps stepping to the twitter plate:
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/780540877047341057
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/780535389853458432

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'd love to say yes but I don't think I have that power

My uncle, Lowtax, said it's ok.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Nevvy Z posted:

Isn't the rule just "be coherent" anyway?

Thats gonna be kinda tough if anyone is even remotely following the rules of any of the drinking games that have been proposed

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

awesmoe posted:

If you ever feel the need to tell people how much you're drinking or how drunk you are, you should remember that nobody cares about you or is interested in you

Yes, but everyone wants to know what I'm drinking, right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Magres posted:

Thats gonna be kinda tough if anyone is even remotely following the rules of any of the drinking games that have been proposed

How about "Take a drink any time you feel despair at the state of politics?"

BAWRLIN
Nov 23, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Murderer.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Riatsala posted:

Yes, but everyone wants to know what I'm drinking, right?

it's really hard to express how little I personally care, but every single time some selfobsessed motherfucker mentions it theres an 18 page derail so I can't really argue the point

Anchor Wanker
May 14, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

So, death?

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

BAWRLIN posted:

Murderer.

Premeditated even!

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Magres posted:

lol, just lol, if you're going to be sober enough to post coherently during the debate.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

awesmoe posted:

it's really hard to express how little I personally care, but every single time some selfobsessed motherfucker mentions it theres an 18 page derail so I can't really argue the point

You don't seem to have any trouble expressing it though.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

hhhat posted:

You should probably back away slowly from D&D

I'm gonna watch this debate and my prediction is it won't exceed my expectations of being wacky and unpredictable

Cause nothing can surprise me at this point

BRING OUT THE JUGGLING BEAR

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Magres posted:

I see people post about being drunk/high all the time and haven't seen that rule enforced in years.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
god what did we do to deserve this

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ImpAtom posted:

So, just have a nurse set you up with a chardonnay IV?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

smg77 posted:

lol, just lol, if you're going to be sober enough to post coherently during the debate.

:same:

FIRST TIME posted:

I see people post about being drunk/high all the time and haven't seen that rule enforced in years.

im pretty sure one of my probates is for drunkposting (e: nm you're right, that was 4 years ago)

ImpAtom posted:

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

My god it already starts

BAWRLIN
Nov 23, 2003

I ain't telling any of you what I am drinking.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
The debate will have constant split screen so we can see the candidates' facial contortions the whole time. Both of their mics will be open the entire time, so we'll hear any muttering under their breath.

Audience is supposed to be quiet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Where's Matt Taibbi's drinking game for the debate? He had one for each of the Republican primary debates but maybe he's skipping it for this.

• Locked thread