Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Riatsala posted:

Lemonade is an underutilized mixer imo.

In honor of Arnold Palmer, you should make a John Daly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
How was the first 20-30 minutes good for him? That was when the taxes stuff came up and exploded

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

XyrlocShammypants posted:

The news media needs to make it close, it wasn't close at any point in the night but at least he wasn't making GBS threads himself and suggesting he didn't pay taxes, didn't pay people who work for him and possibly violated civil rights laws

I mean, he didn't fuckup the handshake

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
18/20 Florida undecideds on CNN said Hillary won

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I'm the clearly decided voter pretending to be undecided to get into the CNN room

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/peterwsinger/status/780607277938147328

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/780611700064133120

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/jdlasica/status/780613959606865920

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/780614758659657728

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Concordat posted:

A few years ago an F-15C disintegrated mid-air, and it was determined to have been caused by a defective part causing excess fatigue, resulting in A, B, C, and D models being grounded and thoroughly inspected. They're getting pretty old, along with the USMC's F/A-18Cs. (The Navy already replaced their older 18s)

The E models of both planes are significantly different and quite a bit newer, and haven't had these problems (yet).

That said, these are reasonably high performance aircraft that get put through a lot more stress than a bomber. They're expected to be replaced by the F-35. The rest of the F-15s will probably be retired when the US either restarts F-22 Raptor production, or starts building the F-22's replacement.

B-52s on the other hand are a slow moving bomb truck that were in production for several decades, and are technically quite old. But after arms reduction treaties a ton of them were partially scrapped or put in the aircraft boneyard. The B-52s still in flight have had a lot of their parts replaced from these scrapped planes, and are basically flying Ships of Theseus.

I can't really speak to the age of the other two components of the nuclear triad though.

We also recently started development on the B-52 replacement.

The B-21 is basically going to be like the B-2, except hopefully not as horrifically expensive

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

FilthyImp posted:

Part of me wonders if it was built for an era when you could leisurely wait for your connecting flight and hop on a quaint trolley to take you to Terminal 6 from Terminal 2. Then part of me wonders how the gently caress you design a modern air travel hub to accommodate all the traffic but do so in a way that makes travel to and from gates easy.

The airport in Morelia, Mich. has that. I think it's supposed to give you a seemingly randomized Chance every time you press the button. I'm sure there's a guy behind some surveillance center hitting the Yay or Frisk switch, though.

They're modernizing LAX and improving it, but it is an old rear end airport. If you're going to LA, you should really fly to burbank if possible. Its literally the best airport on earth (unless your flight is delayed).

Also, maybe we should raise taxes to help improve our infrastructure? Nah, gotta trickle that piss down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Pakled posted:

Trump says we need to cyber better, and truthfully, I agree. I'm glad someone in Washington is finally taking a stand on lackluster sexting.

Anthony Weiner will be his Secretary of Cyber

• Locked thread