Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

There are a lot of moments to remember in that debate but I like the ~5 minutes of Trump urging people to check out Hillary's website

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

vanisher posted:

Am I the only one who heard Trump say, in response to Clinton's jab at him paying zero federal income tax, that "it would have been squandered anyway," basically admitting that he pays zero income tax (which is not that shocking)?

There was also

quote:

CLINTON: [Trump's taxes from the few years he has released] showed he didn't pay any federal income tax.

TRUMP: That makes me smart.

So yeah, with barely any prompting, Hillary got Trump to admit, live on TV, to an audience of perhaps over 100million people, that he doesn't pay federal income tax. This should be huge.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

IMJack posted:

I'm a little disappointed that the first true meme to come out of this debate is how bad US airports are.

You don't think of it as a meme, but that's the first thing people are talking about when they're not talking about the actual performance last night. That's the first point Trump made that actually stuck.

Personally, I want to never be able to hear the word "stamina" again without thinking it's funny.

Trump consistently referring to everything that has to do with internet-related policy as "the cyber" is pretty funny.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Reason posted:

I'm wondering if Trump will be able to change his behavior for the next debates. His campaign team must be trying to come up with all sorts of ways to get him to prep and practice to try to get him to stay on some kind of coherent message.

I'm sure he was told repeadly before the debate "please for the love of God, do not interrupt Hillary, it will look awful" and in the first couple minutes he seemed to hold it together, but as soon as Hillary started talking about him, he couldn't help himself. I don't think he's capable of sticking to a script and not being a boorish rear end in a top hat when his ego's under assault.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Steve2911 posted:

Holy poo poo I thought the "my son is good with computers" line was a joke until I saw it.

gently caress me.

Trump says we need to cyber better, and truthfully, I agree. I'm glad someone in Washington is finally taking a stand on lackluster sexting.

• Locked thread