Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I missed the whole thing and don't want to wade through a mountain of posts. Can anyone give me concise summary of how it went down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
We got to see a rerun of the debates and one little thing that got my wife very happy was the mention of the Miss Universe woman who Trump called "Miss Piggy" and who later went on to become a US citizen. Many of my own in laws immigrated to the US and became naturalized citizens, not to mention their own kids growing up seeing how badly their parents were treated.

It got me wondering how much longer is it going to be before Latinos make up a big enough voting bloc that Republicans can't ignore. You have a lot of people growing up surrounded by demagogues that would like nothing more to send their un documented parents away, criticizing them for speaking a language other than English, and active discrimination and harassment. So when these people actually have the power to vote, how much is it going to change things? Latinos are among the fastest growing minority groups in the US.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Necc0 posted:

2008, possibly 2004 or 2000. The GOP 'establishment' has long realized that they had to make inroads with the Latino community but any time they try their base goes into 'screaming white sphere of rage'-mode and they lose their grasp on it. It's eventually going to cost them Texas and they're 100% cognizant of that fact.

So what will happen when their angry white boomer demographic dies out? It's like they killed the golden gosling when it comes to Latinos ; a group that values starting their own businesses, fairly religious, strong family values, embraces hard work and complains very little on the job.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

:tinfoil:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Using 'cyber' as a stand alone noun is such a :corsair: thing to do.

• Locked thread