Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
What kind of websites would Douglas MacArthur like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

KiteAuraan posted:

Hillary is poised and measured.
I think she's making a mistake by suppressing the "Really?!" expressions that are crossing my face every ten seconds or so.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

SavageBastard posted:

HILLARY! STOP TRYING TO ZING HIM!!
She missed a golden opportunity to answer "How much for my family?" with "Release your tax records and I'll tell you."

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Trade Chat Troll posted:

Streaming this on NPR, none of the insanity is being lost in audio form
They each have as many stock expressions as a point-and-click adventure game, so I can't imagine you're missing much.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I can't believe he got baited into making his tax returns a several-minute topic in this debate. Earlier today I was talking about how it's not a big enough deal to matter and no one cares. He just set his own dick on fire.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Bragadocious, dudes.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
"Law and Order."

Donald Trump just lost the election

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I think 500 is a pretty good murdernumber.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

PainterofCrap posted:

What's with the sniffing?
Coke drip?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Tough Community. Brilliant Community. Wealthy Community. SNIFFF.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Trump will outmaneuver China, Putin, and Harkonnen.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Well, he said that we're not doing anything about North Korea, which is basically true?

LOL at "Iran has power over North Korea"

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Liar posted:

I never noticed it before, but his teeth are way too white. Are those even his real teeth?
They're real teeth.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Axel Serenity posted:

This man has absolutely no knowledge of how foreign policies work

Woah woah woah, chief, let's get to "can find the Korean peninsula on a map" first

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

spoon0042 posted:

whose teeth
THEY'RE REAL TEETH OKAY.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
"Not a knockout?" Are you loving kidding me? I mean yes, his campaign wasn't literally suspended two minutes after it ended.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

While Trump is obviously a dumb and bad person and Clinton did much better, I have to wonder whether anyone who is still undecided would actually be persuaded by anything remotely resembling facts or reason. The most optimistic view I can take is that maybe a certain portion of undecided voters literally have never seen the candidates speak before this debate and that some of them may have just now realized that Trump is a dumb rear end in a top hat, but I can't imagine this is true for many voters.
Remember the years when being an independent who waited a long time to decide between candidates carried the implication that you were smart and informed?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Riosan posted:

He absolutely buried himself tonight with women. I mean, my loving god. Interruptions, talking over her, yelling "WRONG!" at her,
Superman will

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
The thing is, Trump is by no means completely dropping the dog whistles. "Taking the guns away from those people" is a very thin veneer, yes, but it's still a veneer. And there are others he probably still couldn't get away with outside his base, like "welfare queen."

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Reason posted:

He said law and order eight times while also ranting about gangs and illegal immigrants.
I think this election has taught me that dog-whistling is not just either-or, or even a euphemism treadmill, but a whole spectrum. Trump slides up and down depending on who he thinks is listening, but I've noticed him back away from outright declarations that all Muslims should go on a national registry and Mexico is deliberately exporting hardened criminals to the U.S.

If Trump told his base what they want to hear with 0% dog-whistling, he would simply say "It's okay for government to help people, but only Real Americans. You know, white Christians. And we'll crush anyone who gets in our way."

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Sep 27, 2016

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
There is also the theory that they went soft on immigration not so much to court the Latino vote, but because the "donor class" personally has a lot to gain from changing those policies.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Mange Mite posted:

I'm saying she won the debate but only by playing her opponent and bullshitting and not on the strengths of her platform or whatever
Yeah, Trump stupidly let himself get baited into minutes-long conversations about conspiracy theories and his tax returns that sure made him look like an idiot, but didn't inform anyone about anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
He decided he'd rather be associated with Hitler's speaking style than Orval Faubus which, now that I think about it, kind of makes sense.

• Locked thread