Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darko
Dec 23, 2004

waitwhatno posted:

Hahahah, this is the first time I watched Trump talk for more than 5min and I finally get it. All these months I've been trying to wrap my mind around his success and trying to understand what is going on and all it took was 10min of debating him. No one thinks he is a good candidate or competent, that's not why people are voting for him.

Everyone understands he is a dipshit. Everyone who is voting for him is just an accelerationist troll trying to get a sick burn on the establishment. Wants to see it all burn, out of frustration. Well, I wish you all the luck with your American Yeltsin. You think you have it bad now? Wait till you are getting paid in toilet bowls and car tires and are finding dead hobos in your trash every other day. That's the only way how you will ever learn your lesson and at least it will stick for a generation or two. Go for Yeltsin, America. I encourage you.

e: source your quotes

That's only among the younger, educated demographics, who don't really vote in numbers. Older Gen Xers, boomers, especially among the uneducated just see Clinton as evil and the Democratic Party as the opposition and will vote against them by default. If your social media trends older as opposed to younger, you get a good mix of people who just blindly vote conservative and a lot of more educated boomers who are "truth is in the middle" who probably won't vote and hold a 'they were both bad' position because they don't want to denounce Trump in public and turn off their right-leaning friends. The latter probably accounts for many of the undecideds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Who's consensus? Everyone I talk to thinks racism is bad, everyone on my facebook thinks racism is bad, the tv pays lip service to the idea you should say racist things as a decorum thing even if they don't go to saying racism is bad except in the most bland definitions. But in a lot of ways that is a bubble and a lot of Americas flat out think 'racism is good" is a good opinion. full stop.

The people you surround yourself with are a self selected group that holds closer opinions to you as compared to the general populace. A good way to shift that is to, say, work in the service industry, an industrial job, or a trade in a divided city like Detroit or Chicago or St. Louis and then see how opinions change.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

That is literally the point I was making.

I read it wrong, then, sorry.

• Locked thread