Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Hornet Hoodie top, Blood Black Boost Hammer bottom, and Military Uniform top, Amagahara Uniform bottom

:j:

U: For the time being, here's the two looks I'll be using for the buster sword and scythe weapons.

"Vice Captain Kimberly."

: "Could you go over our plans with Ciel? I would, but I have other duties to attend to."

>Yes, sir

: "Like I said, you're the Vice Captain of Blood now. I'm counting on you."

Waiting patiently for you two to finish, Ciel steps forward.

: "Vice Captain Kimberly,

Dr. Rachel is letting us use the lab for our meeting. I'll see you there."

: You have unread mail.
-----------------------------------------------------

>Sender: Alencon_Ci@NornOS.net
>Subject: {Cc: All] Hello
>Body:
My name is Ciel Alencon, and it is nice to meet you.

I plan on keeping records of everything noteworthy
and sharing it with all of you through these group
mails. I look forward to working with and learning
from you all.

Ciel

>Sender: Kozuki_Na@NornOS.net
>Subject: Blood's getting pretty busy!
>Body:
It's so fun how we keep getting more and more friends
joining us, isn't it? I hope Ciel and I become good
friends soon!

: No unread mail.

On your way to the elevator, the rest of Blood is milling around lower section.

: "So you're our vice captain, huh? You certain have what it takes, in both ability and character."

: "Well, it seems a certain someone is being held back by his personality, even if he can fight."

: "The same goes for you.

Well then. Anyway, good luck, Vice Captain."

: "Ciel, huh... She's another odd one...

Oh, I almost forgot! Congratulations on your promotion, Vice Captain! keep it up!"

: "Yeah! Congrats! You've got a meeting to go to, so we'll leave you be. Good luck!"

Click here to view.

The trio are still lounging around the lobby. Nana's working on a sandwich, Romeo's reading a datapad, and Gil seems to be off by himself.

: "Oh! You're back! How was the meeting?

>Ciel's quite interesting.

: "Yeah, she's different isn't she? She's kind of the reserved type, except not."

>We have hard work ahead.

: "Well, I'm sure we can make it work. Let's just do our best and not worry too much!"

: "I heard we're splitting up into two teams for the next mission. Blood is feeling more like a real unit all the time. Let's give this our best!"

: "I get the impression that, unlike me, Ciel has been through proper, formal military training.

I'm just no good at acting tactically... I always end up relying on my fighting abilities alone."

Julius is at Fran's desk, going over mission details with Fran.

: "So, you've had your meeting with Ciel? I think you'll both get along. Thanks for looking out for her. For our next mission, we'll divide into two teams to take out swarms of Yaksha. You'll lead one.

Is there anything you want to go over before the mission?"

>Is this another chance to ask you about the gun parts tutorial?

: Yes.

>No, sir, I'll get ready.

Ciel steps up to the desk, and requests a copy of the mission briefing.

: "Thank you for your work. So... Was there anything you want to ask me?"

>About the plan... No R&R?

: "R&R? Oh, that's right, I forgot to write it down. I think ten minutes should be plenty, don't you? Rest is an indispensable component of efficient training. Thank you for your valuable input.

If you'll excuse me, I need to get ready."

"Ahem, Vice Captain?"

Fran hands you a copy of the mission briefing.

: "I have another hunt for Blood. Blood will divide into two teams against groups of Yaksha.

Destroy a swarm of Aragami that have infested the abandoned factory. Yaksha are slow to react, but possess keen ears and enough intelligence to be trouble. The sound of fighting will attract their attention. Their supportive attacks are dangerous. If a Yaksha appears while you battle the Ogretail, fall back and reposition."

Click here to view.

While the rest of Blood ride the inclinator down, Julius turns to you.

: "I take the mission was successful for your first time as vice captain. How was it?"

>The same as always.

: "Hah. I expected as much. I'm looking forward to your performance next time. On our next mission, I'll be playing backup, while you take the lead. Just like with Ciel."

>Sender: Blood Mailing List - Romeo
>Subject: (Cc: All) Blood Mailing List Now Online!
>Body:
Romeo here. After talking about sending orders by
mail with Ciel, a mailing list seemed like the best
option, so I made one right away!

Put it to good use! Thanks!

>Sender: Blood Mailing List - Julius
>Subject: (Cc: All) Unit Cohesion
>Body:
Blood has ceased adding new members for the time
being and should move to solidify existing bonds.
Ciel's proposal, on which Romeo voluntarily acted,
is the first step. I want everyone to share their
opinions about Blood so we can continue to improve.
I believe we can use everyone's individuality to
build a strong team.

>Sender: Claudius_Ra@Friar.gov
>Subject: My Sweet Kimberley
>Body:
With Captain Julius, then Romeo, Nana, Gil, Ciel, and
you as vice captain, Blood is now whole.

Your battles will grow fiercer. You may even face
psions that simple God Eaters cannot match.

I look forward to Blood's accomplishments.

>Sender: Claudius_Le@Friar.gov
>Subject: About Ciel
>Body:
Ciel may be more awkward at some things than most
people, but none can match her drive to learn.

She's never belonged anywhere until she joined Blood.
If you can, try to show her the ropes.

A clunk of a toolbox next to your terminal announces the arrival of a Friar staff assistant.

: "Hey again. Have you tried customizing your bullets? By creating bullets to match specific needs, your gun can be incredibly versatile. You can find the-

>Shut up, (U: ) will get to it eventually.

: "Okily-dokily!"

Almost shockingly, not at the 'perch' and not snacking on something, Nana is at Fran's desk reading over a datapad when she notices you.

: "Hey, Kim! How do you think that mission went?"

>Piece of cake.

: "Wow! That is so you. I had kind of a tough time... I hope I get the hang of this soon."

: "Hey vice captain, got a sec?"

>For you? Sure.

: "I don't mean any trouble, but I need to say this now, because I don't want to bring it to the battlefield. I feel that Ciel and I aren't getting along at the moment. She has her own way of doing things...

...But so do I. Well, I'll give it a little more time and see how it goes."

Sitting on a bench relaxing, and poking at a handheld, Romeo lights up upon seeing you.

: "Hey Kim, looking for Ciel? I last saw her heading up to the garden. She isn't a bad kid - just a little awkward, you know? We need to be good leaders and give her support."

Taking the cue, you ride the elevator up to the garden level to see Ciel.

"Vice Captain Kimberly... I had been taught that an unexpected dilemma calls for a new plan. Is by way of thinking wrong?"

>You're right.

: "You think so? ...Thank you for saying that, but I still feel like there's something wrong.

...I have some thinking to do. Thank you for sharing your opinion."

An overhead speaker comes to life.

: "Vice Captain Kimberly, please report in at the front desk."

: "That must be our next mission, I'll be ready shortly. You had better get going."

: "Blood's next target is the Chi-You. Are you ready for this assignment?

The old dam remains indispensable to us as a source of water, but it as been invaded by Zygotes and a Chi-You. Kill them, and reclaim the dam. Chi-You have impressive mobility and are covered by a tough outer skin, but are weak to fire. Breaking their kneecaps with crushing bullets, or sniping them in the head works wonders."

Click here to view.

Ulvirich fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Oct 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

>Sender: Claudius_Le@Friar.gov
>Subject: Psion
>Body:
We're counting Blood to put down this psion. If only
we had the use of God Arc Soldiers. Then we could
mitigate risk, but regrettably, the program still
faces too many hurdles.

Good luck, Friar is counting on you.

>Subject: My Sweet Kimberly
>Body:
All eyes are on Blood for this battle. Show them all
that your power can overcome the psions.

Go now, I'll be watching over you all.

Nodding deferentially to you, a Friar security guard begins addressing you

: "So, the time has come. If you defeat the psion, Blood - and Friar - will spring to fame. I'll be cheering for your safe return!"

The rest of Blood are assembled in front of the Archives screen, going over the mission details.

: "So I'm to remain on Friar alone...in case the psion sends in other Aragami on a surprise attack.

...Well, you'll just have to fight extra hard in my place."

: "A psion, huh? ...I wonder if we can handle it. ...I'm worried about things between Ciel and me. Well, I'll just handle things the only way I know how...by adapting to the circumstances."

: "I'm still nervous about facing a psion...

...But I'll do my best. I've never fought one..."

: "All right! Now's the time for firm leadership, Vice Captain!"

: "Psions are not like normal Aragami. Each has its own unique ability.

Remain calm, figure out what they can do, and keep damaging them. We can do this if we stay focused."

: "Blood has been assigned a rescue mission. We've spotted a psion at a future satellite base site. Please, make no delay!"

>Ask about mission

: "This Aragami, Yan Zhi, has rarely been witnessed, and we know little except that it's a psion. A local attachment of God Eaters has separated Yan Zhi from its followers, leaving it isolated. A psion's resonance power subjugates normal God Arcs, neutralizing them, so use Blood's resonance abilities to resist the Yan Zhi's will. Control the battlefield and take down the psion.

May you return safe and victorious."

Click here to view.

>Sender: Bourgogne_Fr@Friar.gov
>Subject: (Report) Psion Elimination
>Body:
Upon presenting a record of the Blood Unit's psion
elimination campaign to Fenrir HQ, Friar received and
accepted a request to prioritize the assignment of
Blood to all future psion elimination missions. That
is all; awaiting further information.

P.S. I personally have high hopes for Blood's future
exploits.

: "You defeated the psion, but did you have trouble or something? I saw Ciel looking awfully dour..."

(U: :saddowns: )

Heading down to the vending machine, Julius stops you.

: "You did well, Vice Captain. You've given fine proof that we Bloods can stand up to psions. However, based on our performance, I see that we need to establish order as a team...but how?

I envision individual autonomy within a united team. I want you to talk to Ciel and work it out."

A determined Romeo pats you on the back for a job well done

: "I wish I could of have fought that psion with the rest of you! Next time I'm going and they can't stop me!

...Oh! I almost forgot to tell you! Ciel was looking for you. She went up the elevator, but didn't say which floor she was headed to."

Proffering an oden sandwich, an excited Nana is practically bursting with glee.

: "We did it! We defeated the psion. I really do belong in Blood! I can do this, even if it's only with my hammer."

Searching for Ciel, you begin by visiting the garden level. Gil is sitting, elbows on knees, in the Gazeebo, and a rare sight out of her lab, Dr. Rachel is looking out into the water.

: "We defeated the psion... Your orders were on point, Vice Captain. Let's keep it up."

: "Thank you for dealing with the psion. I'm glad that the world got to see what Blood can achieve. Only you Bloods have Blood Powers. I hope you'll be a guiding example for God Eaters everywhere."

Leaving the two in the garden, you finally find Ciel in the upper level, overlooking the lobby.

"...Vice Captain,"

: "what are your thoughts on our fight against the psion?"

>Something on your mind?

: "That battle... We had no plan, no disciplin... We fought hapazardly from beginning to end. We're too reliant on our individual abilities. As a team - as a small unit - that can't be right.

To ensure victory, we must value strategy. We need a SOP to define our roles within a cohesive team. ...But perhaps I've overstepped by boundaries. I want to think about this a little longer.

I'm sorry... I want a little more time to think alone..."

Back down in the lobby, Nana and Romeo are talking near the benches.

: "We defeated the psion, but Ciel got mad at me because she thinks i don't know how to use a gun. She says I'm going to hold everyone back. I've been trying, but... I'm just no good with guns."

: "She's just not fitting in. I want to help, but I don't know how. Heck, I suggested she loosen up a little, but then she said, 'Good point. The God Arc calls for fluid motion.' Of course, that's not what I meant..."

Walking past this, Julius announces to you.

: "Now whenever a psion shows up, we'll be called in. I aim to always respond, so be ready at all times. We've also got another mission ready, see Fran for details."

: "I have new orders to Blood. Are you ready for them?

Exterminate the flock of Aragami wandering the old dam. Ukonvasara are slow to act, but have a high level of endurance. Break the bonds on their head, turbine, and tail to gain an advantage against them. Freeze weapons should prove useful. If the Ukonvasara teams up with the Cocoon Maidens, a large battle with be unavoidable.

Click here to view.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Creepy flying Aragami with keen eyesight. Can attack with swooping attacks, and expel a slow poison cloud.

Like all small Aragami, this one only has one weakpoint.
Elemental Weakness: Everything but Divine

A ice imbued Ogretail, with freeze based projectiles. Not much more to say!

Elemental Weakness: Blaze

This tall Aragami fires really slow, and easily dodged Divine-based AOEs. It has superb hearing, so it's liable to join in on the fringes of a fight and support the Aragami engaged in melee with you. If caught solo, they are easily taken down.

The name is a reference to Sanskrit Yaksha, guardians of treasures hidden in the earth.

As a medium Aragami, Yaksha have two weakpoints; its head and pauldrons.

With a wide variety of attacks, this aggressive jerk will teach you that not all Aragami are weak in the knees. It's dangerous in melee range, and can snipe at you with spark blasts. Aerial attacks to the head and torso will deal the most damage, otherwise you're forced to use crushing attacks against its legs and arms.

The name is a reference to the Chinese God of War, Chiyou.

As a medium Aragami, Chi-You have three weakpoints; its head, arms, and legs.
Elemental Weakness: Blaze and Freeze

The psion variant of a Chi-You is incredibly dangerous with its freeze enhanced attacks, and capability of generating Zhou Wang Aragami. Yan Zhi can designate a God Eater with the "Sensitive" debuff that draws the ire of all Aragami currently in combat with the group. This forces the God Eater on the defensive until the rest of the team can manage to stagger the psion to stop the debuff. There is no upper limit on Zhou Wangs in the field, so taking them out should be a priority so as to not be overrun by reinforcements.

Its name, meaning rouge, or cosmetics, is likely a reference to Daji, who seduced King Zhou of the Shang Dynasty.

As a medium Aragami, Yan Zhi only has a single weakpoint; its head.

A feathery Ogretail, only exists when summoned by a Yan Zhi. Coming in a set of three per summon, it's not particularly anymore dangerous than a normal Ogretail.

Its name is likely a reference to King Zhou, who was seduced by his concubine, Daji.

Ulvirich fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Oct 2, 2016

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Since clothes are just cosmetic, does that mean this game has less grinding than monster hunter? Since you just need to pimp your weapons/gun of choice?

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

For the equipment slots we've got a weapon, a gun, a shield, a control unit, two upgrade parts, a ??? we haven't unlocked yet, and blood arts. Technically, you would also lump in purchasing skills for your AI companions if you're trying to get a lot of skills bought for them, although since they can only equip four at a time, it's not that imperative to buy everything for'em.

For the first three, they all require various materials either from field gathering, material crafting, Aragami Devouring, or mission rewards, with a minor credit price. They can be further customized by installing skills you randomly generate at mission completion. Control units and upgrade parts are just materials and credits. I'm not going over the ??? yet as we don't have access to it. Blood Arts are learned by doing.

That being said, most recipes require, like 3 material A, 2 of B, 1 of C, 2 of D, 1 of E, etc. The items that I've seen need the most of lie in skill rebuilding, which I haven't gone over as of yet, and material crafting. Material Crafting I've seen go up to a 5:1 ratio, and skill recrafting is a thing where you shove a whole bunch of skills into a bag, mash it together and you get a skill out of it based on how much of what you put into it. I haven't shown it off as of yet as I don't actually have that many parts to warrant using it.

Ulvirich fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Oct 2, 2016

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

>Sender: Visconti_Ju@NornOS.net
>Subject: (None)
>Body:
About Ciel... Listen. Trust is something that can
only be truly achieved after it has been put through
fire. Only after you overcome numerous trials
together, only after she can look at you and say
"I'm here, thanks to Kimberly."

Only then is it tried and true. Regardless I want you
to continue to do this in your own way.

Whatever happens, I'll take responsibility.

"Hey, Kim!"

: "You oughta know, do you have any ideas on how I could become friends with Ciel? I'm not good at complicated topics like strategy, or tactics... I don't know what to talk about."

>What about your usual?

: "Huh? My usual? I don't know what you mean...

Oh that's it! My oden sandwich! Of course! I need to start by filling her up! Thank you! I'll give it a try straight away!"

Renewed with purpose, Nana bounces off to the commissary for sandwich fillers.

"Vice Captain, good timing." Gil calls out from the lower section.

: "I just came back from talking to Julius. I asked him to let me fight in my own way. I'm not saying Ciel's way of thinking is wrong... but her tactics just don't fit me at all."

>Ciel's doing her best.

: "That means nothing on the battlefield, where a small mismatch in perspectives can invite death. She doesn't understand how to truly work as a team..."

>That's why we're a team.

: "...So, we have to support her, huh? Well...you make a good point.

I hear you, Vice Captain. Now...let me think about what you've said."

Nearby, Romeo and Julius are conversing near the elevator.

: "If only Ciel could be a little more open-minded, I think she'd do better. After all, no one is more knowledgable about strategy than her. I wish I could help somehow...

Hey, Kim! Got any ideas?

>Actions speak louder...?

: "Yeah, I've heard that one, thanks. I've tried talking to her, but it was no good. What I need to do is find some way to help her in battle. Well, you watch and see!"

: "Oh, and Vice Captain? I'm having Ciel draft our strategy. You should check on her in the garden.

...I'm counting on you."

Riding the elevator to the garden, Dr. Rachel's wheelchair rolls into the open door.

: "Sweet Kimberly, are you looking for Ciel? She's at a turning point... As for which way she goes, that might depend on how she's regarded. Good luck."

You spot Ciel sitting in the gazebo, deep in thought.

: "Oh, Vice Captain. I've been hoping we could talk.

...I think I've come to understand the importance of reacting to a shifting battle. But I believe that when unexpected changes come, we need to act as the leadership commands.

...Am I wrong?"

>I don't disagree.

: "...But that's not enough on its own, you mean?"

>We're not fighting alone.

: "Of course not! That's all the more reason we need an established chain of command. What you're saying is...I need to think of my team and respond together with them to the shifting battle.

Responding in the moment, thinking of my team...I understand.

It's not the way I've fought before, but I'll...try my best."

Leaving Ciel to her thoughts, you head back to the elevator to the lobby.

: "Vice Captain, we've been issued several urgent missions at once. We're splitting into pairs to handle them all. Romeo and me, Gil and Nana, and you and Ciel. Look after Ciel, Vice Captain."

: "Blood has been assigned several missions. Two makes for a small team, make sure you're ready.

A Kongou and polar Ogretail have invaded the park in Academy City, where a number of priceless books still remain. Deal with them quickly, and keep damage to a minimum. Kongou have sharp ears, and special in group tactics. It will come running if it hears the noise of battle nearby. Take the Aragami down quietly, one by one."

Click here to view.

(U: :3: However, yeah, the game does go heavy on Ciel at this point, however in hindsight, I don't feel that it's unwarranted. Blood - on a whole - is trying to integrate together, and Julius has a past with Ciel. She has also spent nearly her entire life up to this point being trained as a soldier. This is also a moment of character building for most of the Blood Unit, not necessarily Ciel.)

Riding the inclinator down, you can't help but listen to a pair of Friar staff talking to one another.

"With the God Arc Soldiers, the unmanned program has the overwhelming majority of supporters."

"Rumor has it that, due to the risks to pilots and the high costs, the piloted program might be suspended."

"There goes that idea of being a pilot I guess. Well, it'll all come down to what Director Grem's gut tell him."

"Vice Captain, ah..."

Gil's baroque catches your attention.

: "Ciel apologized to me all of a sudden. She said she had been overly assertive of her opinions.

...Did something happen?"

>We had a talk

: "Huh... well, whatever it was you talked to her about maybe she'll fit in yet. Sorry to keep you."

You spy Nana looking at the selection of basic bullets available on the vending machine.

: "Hmm. Just because I'm not good with guns doesn't mean I can keep neglecting them forever, huh...

Alright, I've made my mind up! I'm going to ask Ciel to give me intensive training.

On the other hand... with how strict she is... maybe I'll start with Romeo."

Sitting on a bench, Romeo's plugging away at his handheld.

: "Hey Kim, I heard from Ciel that we three are going to be sent out on a mission together. Somehow... she seems a lot more at ease.

It's a bit of a relief to be honest."

You feel compelled to check in on Ciel, and to see where Julius is, and by process of elimination, you head into the elevator. At the far end of the garden, Ciel is looking out into the still lake.

: "Vice Captain, I feel unburdened...and happy... and it's all thanks to you."

>We're in this together.

: "R-right! I won't let you down, Kimberly."

You track down Julius in Dr. Rachel's lab, speaking with the doctor. He turns, and nods to acknowledge your presence.

: "Ciel seems herself again...and, even better, the rest of the team isn't hostile towards her anymore.

You did well. Thank you, Vice Captain."

Glancing at the the monitors, most of which are showing various buildings, on her desk, you greet Dr. Rachel.

: *Extending a hand to the array of video links* "Of the civilian facilities scattered out there, many are lacking adequate fortifications. Offering aid to all who need it is our duty. Use your strength, sweet Kimberly, to help the weak and frightened."

And out of tempting fate once again, you let yourself into Director Grem's office, if nothing else, to see the immense display of military medals and accolades he's earned over the years. Dr. Leah looks up from the desk, with an array of paperwork arranged in front of her.

: "I'm sorry, but if you need anything, could you come back later? I'm finishing up a plan to resolve the issues with the piloted God Arc Soldiers. If I'm going to secure the budget to move forward, I'd better be ready before the director returns."

You excuse yourself, and make your way to Fran for your next mission.

: "Friar has come across a civilian facility under Aragami attack. We're coming to their aid. Captain Julius, Nana, and Gilbert will form the advance wave. Get those civilians out safely. Ciel, Romeo, and you will clear a group of smaller Aragami ahead of Friar's route. We need you to take out every last Aragami with all due haste, but thread carefully, an unconfirmed Aragami response was detected nearby, so be prepared for anything.

Are you ready?"

Click here to view.

Ulvirich fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Oct 3, 2016

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

...the hell was that all about? :psyduck:

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Filename of the last image.

To note, this is literally the only example of that I've seen so far in the game (90 hours on the main save) and completely out of left field. And it's never brought up again.

Ulvirich fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Oct 3, 2016

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

You have the feeling that you have missed something of a shock. Thankfully it passes, while a rather perplexed Friar staff member looks on.

: "I've heard we're going to have a red nimbus soon. If you're going out, be sure to check the sky."

>A red nimbus?

: "You're kidding right? Don't tell me you've never heard of the red rain. Don't touch it, it causes a deadly infection on contact. You should read it's Database entry."

Looking up from the bullet editor, Ciel takes a break and turns to you.

: "Out on that last mission, I never felt in danger. How can I learn to be that good of a leader? ...Going on your missions is a true pleasure."

>Because we're still on babby difficulty tiers, it gets harder later.

Down the staircase, near the balcony, Julius and Romeo are in a conversation, pausing to talk to you.

: "Thanks fo your swift actions, the civilians were all safely evacuated. Thank you. If you encounter Gboro-Gboro again, beware their long-range attacks. Fight them close, and head on."

: "Whew, I'm exhausted! Talking to the director always wipes me out. Always money, money, money. Blech."

: "You're talking way too loud, Romeo. You never know when one of his adherents might overhear you."

: "Yeah, well, I know that, but... So...if I keep my voice down, I'll be fine, right?"

A rare sight indeed. Dr. Kujo, head researcher of the unmanned God Arc Soldier project, is here in the lobby instead of sequestered in his lab. In tow is a Friar assistant.

: "Oh, hello. Nice to -"

: "Dr. Kujo, the materials are ready for the trial."

: "Ah, thank you. I'll be there to take a look for myself." Turning back to you. "Sorry to interrupt our introduction, but I'm afraid I have some matters to attend to. Good day."

This may as well just be part of your rounds now, visiting the garden and upper levels. You spot Nana relaxing on the grass.

: "I don't know, but it seems like Ciel starts acting strange when she talks to you, Kim. The two of you were talking earlier, weren't you?

What were you talking about, I wonder..."

Knocking politely, you let yourself into Dr. Rachel's lab.

: "My sweet Kimberly, I have something to ask of your team soon. You're more than capable enough to handle it.

I'll be counting on you all."

: "Friar has changed course, and is now heading for the Far East Branch. It'll be some time before we arrive. In the meantime, we have more missions for Blood. Specifically...

Exterminate the Yaksha running rampant through the park in Academy City, endangering supply lines. Choose your battlefield wisely, and move if necessary to avoid a large battle. Use the terrain to your advantage to gain the upper hand."

Click here to view.

: "Good timing. Director Grem has summoned us again. It's probably about that God Arc Soldier unmanned test operation that Dr. Rachel was talking about. We'll meet at the Director's Office when you're ready."

Figuring this would be as good as time as any, you begin a short tutorial on bullet editing for Nana, thinking she could use the help. Finishing a short time later, the familiar clunk of a toolbox announces the presence of that same Friar staff assistant from before.

: "God Arc Soldiers are so effective in combat that some say they outclass a typical God Eater. If the're put into full operation, we could help even more people. I hope the R&D team succeeds. Especially since combat is not permitted during red rain. Our protective hazmat suits can't hold up against Aragami attacks. ...I suppose you could always climb into a God Arc Soldier since their coating is resistant to the rain. Of course the Director would never allow it..."

Gil and Romeo are off to one side of the lobby, noticeably away from any Friar staff.

: "I heard this from one of the staff... Apparently the God Arc Soldiers are nearly ready for duty. You know, if they're going to blow that much money on something, I wish they'd... Ah, never mind."

: "Isn't the red rain supposed to be coming? This is no time for a field test... Something's going on."

You've spent enough time procrastinating, what's the matter with you? It's not like anything unexpected just happened recently. You make your way to the Director's office, with a lingering hesitation before opening the door.

Click here to view.

: "Each God Arc Soldier cost quite hte pretty penny. The cost of mending even one broken limb is outrageous. Are they really ready? You do know how much I've sunk into each and every one of them, right?"

: "Y-Yes, sir. In the simulations, they've been responding perfectly. It's just that... this is their first time in real combat... Besides, one never knows what could happen."

: "It's your job to prepare for that! I won't accept failure. Understood?"

You excuse yourself, and hastily make your way out of the office, and into Dr. Rachel's lab.

: "Once the God Arc Soldiers are completed, and battle-ready, they'll be a great boon to Blood. Do what you can to help."

: "I get that he wants results, but this is crazy. The unmanned operation is entirely unproven... And testing the unmanned operation when there's red rain coming? It's way too reckless."

Back in the lobby

: "God Arc Soldiers... I've ridden in one once. It was quite a while ago, though... Thought I'm compatible with their God Arcs, I sensed the strain and harm that would come to a normal pilot.

News travels fast...

: "I can't believe our next mission is to protect those puppets..."

: "God Arc Soldiers were developed to defeat Aragami. So why do WE gotta protect them? Do they think that God Arc Soldiers are better than God Eaters? I just can't accept that."

: "Calm down, and let's just get this over with."

Reading a datapad, Julius is standing near the front desk.

: "God Arc Soldiers, huh? I've been hearing things about them ever since the first piloted tests... I think it's crazy to have people deferring to weapons, but don't let it get you down."

>Got any tactical advice?

: "Let's see... Kongou have excellent hearing. If they get even the slightest sense of battle, they'll come running. You should eliminate the Kongou first. The Chi-You shouldn't hear you from afar. Lure the Kongou to Point A to the far west, and take him out with the fire and Crush-type weapons.

Good luck, Vice Captain, I'll be remaining behind on Friar to oversee the op."

: "Vice Captain, you're to defend unmanned God Arc Soldiers during a field test. Do be expedient, a red nimbus is approaching the mission area. To sum it up...

Blood's participation in the unmanned God Arc Soldier test is obligatory, by order of Director Grem. In order to create an ideal battlefield for the God Arc Soldiers, nearby Chi-You and Kongou must be eliminated. Kongou have sharp ears, so caution is advised. Both Chi-You and Kongou are weak against fire. Good luck."

Click here to view.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

So, bullets, specifically bullet editing. I suppose you can call this a primer for bullet editing. I don't have access to the things that make high end recipes as they're locked behind storyline content, so full interaction with bullet editing will be limited at first.

Normal bullets are simple, no flair straight shots. They fire out straight, hit a target and deal elemental based damage depending on what module you used in the bullet. Healing bullets are the same, however they will almost always have a homing component baked in to assist in heal delivery. Since vanilla healing bullets come straight from the gun barrel, they are liable to be intercepted by Aragami to the target you wanted to heal. While it won't heal the Aragami, it's a waste of OP firing and missing. So let's make a healing bullet for an assault gun that will be harder to be intercepted by Aragami.

Hover over a empty slot and create a bullet. A subwindow will popup, and ask what type of gun this will be used in, and whether it's going to be damage or healing/support. We're going to be making a Assault Gun bullet, and healing of course. Then we're brought to...

At the top, left to right, we've got the name, the gun type, the OP needed to fire this bullet once, and how many modules we've got to work with. Let's start with the first module.

You're prompted to select the elemental type and size for the first module. Blaze, Freeze, Spark, Divine, Paralysis, Poison, Bind, Anti-Divine, and Heal. Different sized modules will have different behaviors. LL, for example, usually has bombs and 'radial' type effects. Think of Radial as a continuous burst of an effect.

For our first module we want something specific, and that's not something that heals.

Since we picked a healing bullet when creating a new bullet, we've only a limited amount of behaviors to pick from. Everything with 'Deco' in the name is a decorative shot that deals no damage, and does not hit anything aside from terrain geometry. The "None" column on a damaging bullet would specific if it's piercing or crushing damage, since we're selecting a 'Deco' behavior, it does nothing. OP column tells you how much the module will add to the cost of the bullet when fired. Connection tells you whether or not the module can have a slave module tied to it.

I went ahead and picked out the rest of the modules we'll need for this bullet. The second module has to be a medium so we can pick a Control: Rotate in Place/Speed behavior module. So as it is right now, this bullet will still behave as a normal healing bullet, or fail immediately due to intersecting module paths, neither of which is a outcome we want.

Selecting a module, then moving to this section of the module allows us to modify the firing trajectory of the module.

And brings up this visual on where the bullet will be fired in related to where it began. We want this to fire upwards, so I'll be setting this first module to a 45' angle up. I also set the healing module to a downwards 90' angle. Keep in mind that all of these angles are relative to the end of the gun barrel. If you pan up 45', you'll be firing the first module at 90'.

Still, the outcome if we test the bullet will definitely end in a failure, one way or another, if somewhat entertaining. So let's solve that issue.

Pressing right will slave the module to the previous tier. You can press left to move it up the tier. A new option has unlocked for us when we slaved the second module. 'With 1' means that this module will fire immediately as soon as the first module fires. Again, not the outcome we want, so let's fix that.

Selecting the unlocked option will let you select from a behavior list on when the module will fire off. We'll be setting this to 'When 1 fades.' That way when the first module's bullet stops shortly after being fired, the second module will then activate.

The last steps are to slave and change the firing behavior of the third module. We'll be setting this to 0.2 seconds after 2. Pressing start at the module list will bring us to the firing range I showed off during the basic weapons showcase video.

Yes, this will do nicely. So, to sum it up, what this bullet does is fire above, then the healing bullet will aim at a friendly target ahead of it for 20 HP healed. It won't be a fool proof bullet, however being able to avoid most Aragami is what I wanted. The addition of the first and second modules has slightly upped the OP cost in exchange for better, in my opinion, flexibility in being able to deliver a healing payload.

This is the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. But we've a ways to go before seeing just how much damage you can shove into a bullet.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
They have our character control one of these Soldiers, and we can't even play it? :argh:

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

God Arc Soldiers are extremely hazardous to pilot. Not just physically, but mentally. It was a big risk to hop in one and start it up.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Grem's assholishness aside, he does have a point. Unmanned weapons are a good answer to our particle beast problem.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

The problem with them right now is developing the control systems for the unmanned prototypes. Like look at present-day robotic demonstrations now, and that's just engineers making them move and respond to basic, limited, stimuli. If the God Arc Soldiers are controlled like drones, then you've got the problem of needing an overseeing operator, and latency. If they're autonomous, then that's combat AI they need to develop, and that has to be able to respond to the sheer amount of variables that can arise in a combat situation with Aragami. Either solution is not an easy task to overcome given the nature of Aragami.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Handing you back your phone, the Friar security guard escorts you out of the brig.

: "You're free to go, the Director signed off on you earlier. In the future, try not to mess around with his expensive toys. As entertaining as it must of been, ahem."

Turning the phone back on, you see the blinking mail icon announcing its presence. You begin reading as you ride the inclinator to the lobby.

>Sender: Alencon_Ci@NornOS.net
>Subject: Working together in the future
>Body:
I'm very, very sorry that my actions caused
you to disobey orders too. I under stand that you
cannot read your mail in the brig and you will
probably see this after all is resolved, but I have
volunteered to do all of the necessary paperwork
related to this. Don't worry about a thing. I'm
trying my best to get closer to everyone else in
Blood. It's all thanks to you, so... Thank you. I'll
be sure to give you my thanks in person when we can
meet again.

Ciel

>Subject: ( ^・ω・^)ノ
>Body:
Congrats on coming back!
That's it!

>Sender: Leoni_Ro@NornOS.net
>Subject: Is it true...
>Body:
That the air on the outside is cleaner? I mean, I've
never done time so I wouldn't know... I wanna hear
all about it though!

Ha ha ha, just jokin', man! Ciel helped out a lot.
We'll talk all about that later too!

For now, CONGRATS!

>Subject: My Sweet Kimberly
>Body:
I'm proud to have you as a member of Blood. Thank you
for protecting your family.

But...you shouldn't climb into God Arc Soldiers. They
can leave profound mental effects on the pilot.

Just in case, I'll be giving you a medical exam once
you're ready for your next mission.

The first thing you see is a familiar pair glancing at the arriving inclinator.

: "You're back, Vice Captain."

>Sorry to cause trouble

: "No, don't worry about it. You only did what you could given very few options. But to think you climbed into a God Arc Soldier... Hah, I'll never forget the look on Grem's face. And then Ciel came so fiercely to your defence... I've never seen her bare such emotion. ...Well, what you did moved us all.

More than anything, I want to thank you... Kimberly. And I believe Ciel here wishes to speak with you as well."

: "I'm glad you're back, Kimberly... Listen. In that mission guarding the God Arc Soldiers, I..."

>Thanks for springing me.

: "Oh! No, I just did what... S-Sorry, there's so much more I should say, but when I think about saying it, I get flustered...

Anyway, you have my full support, Kimberly. We're in this together!"

Fran waves you over after the two finish their welcome.

: "I can't believe you were able to ride a God Arc Soldier with no preparations! You had me worried! Oh how I wish you could of seen the dumbstruck look on the Directors face. Good work out there bringing everyone home, by the way."

The rest of Blood are milling around the lower lobby.

"Look who's back from lockup!"

: "You get a lot of love, Kim. You know that?"

>Sorry I was away so long.

: "The hell with that! You would of been in there a lot longer if it wasn't for all we did! Julius is temporarily refusing his salary... Ciel begged Director Grem the whole time... Anyway, the director approved your release. No Court of Inquiry for you!

I'm sure they won't tell you, and they ordered me not to say anything...but I'd want to know, so there you are. Don't go blabbing to Julius that I told you!"

: "Whoa! It's been a while, Kim!

...But it's awful how you got lucked up for saving a life. "Insubordination, getting tossed in the stockade..." She continues exaggeratingly, "Ah, the fires of youth. Maybe I should try it out. You hungry? Brig food must of been awful, here!"

After taking the offered sandwich, Gilbert begins speaking.

: "May I have a word, Vice Captain?

...No, nevermind. It should wait until after the mission, if you'll spare me the time then."

Meanwhile, in Director Grem's office.

: "Dr. Kujo, in reviewing the test data, I'm seeing deficiencies in the anaylsis of Aragami behavior."

: "Urk... Indeed, that is a target for improvement... But we've analyzed all the Aragami data we have..."

: "Save your excuses... But maybe we should see if the Far East Branch is open to data sharing..."

: "B-By the way, Dr. Leah... Um... Do you know where Dr. Rachel is?"

: "She's going over combat operating procedures in her room. Should I call her for you?"

: "N-No, it's not that important. Thanks..."

: "Normal combat operations have resumed, now that the red nimbus is gone. I'm glad no one was hurt. Your next mission will be your first time facing a Vajra. It's a big one and quite deadly, so be prepared."

>Got any advice for me?

: "The Vajra favors a powerful electric attack, so I'd recommend a shield resistant to electricity. It's also especially weak against divine-type attacks. With the right God Arc, you could do serious damage.

That reminds me. Dr. Rachel has ordered you to undergo a medical examination on your way out."

Click here to view.

: "Listen, sorry to give you a hard time... But it was something I needed to say. ...Just please, don't be too reckless."

Near the terminals, Ciel looks up from the controls.

: "I think Dr. Rachel was looking for you. She should be in your lab.

...Um... When you're finished talking with her, would you mind sparing me a little of your time?

Stepping out of the elevator on the upper floor, Dr. Kujo notices you.

: "Wait! Aren't you... the one who disobeyed orders and climbed into that God Arc Soldier? Well, I have a lot to say to you, but... it wasn't your fault the test failed. Yes, I admit it. It failed.

But let there be no doubt... I will perfect the unmanned God Arc Soldiers."

Three's a crowd in Dr. Rachel's office, four is almost cramped.

: "We're near the Far East Branch. I hear it's basically the frontlines, so we'd better be ready!"

The two doctors are conversing near the main monitors.

: "...I don't want that kind of thing to happen again. The Far East always poses danger."

: "I understand, sister. I've also planned for further study of the red rain..."

: "Thank you. I will complete the God Arc Soldiers... I promise!"

With a loving smile, Dr. Rachel directs her attention to you.

: "Ciel's Blood Power has awoken... Deep down, Ciel can sense - or 'Intuit' - the world around her and share her perception with others.

It was your Blood Power that 'Evoked' Ciel's and guided her to her awakening."

>What's this "Intuit"?

: "Ciel can perceive the enemy's location and state, and share that knowledge with her team."

>...The power to "Evoke"?

She takes your hand.

: "You 'Evoke' the true power of those with whom you share a connection...potentially your whole team. You might not be able to feel it yet, but... I hope you'll use your power to help your team awaken.

I'll be watching, sweet Kimberly."

With a light squeeze, Rachel releases your hand, and turns back to her monitors, with Dr. Leah looking on.

: "Ciel has Intuit, and you have Evoke. Your powers are kinda...incredible! So how about you Evoke me my Blood Power next?

I'm counting on you, Kim!"

At her usual perch, Nana is poking at a datapad.

: "Dr. Rachel told me that Ciel's Blood Power Awakened because of you. How did you do it?"

Julius chimes in.

: "From how it happend with Ciel, we know the vice captain's Blood Power "Evokes" dormant powers... Faced with an outburst of will and emotion, it resonates, responds, and catalyzes an awakening..."

: "Whoa, so that means Ciel had an emotional outburst? I didn't know she had it in her..."

: "'Evoke' - the ability to awaken the dormant power within those who share a connection with you. It suits you. Blood has changed a lot since you joined... I think that might be your power at work."

Ciel's still at the terminal you left her at, from what you can tell, she seems to be working on a bullet.

: "Oh!, Kimberly. Sorry to bother, but... There was something I noticed in your absence... I was hoping I could get your advice. If it's all right with you, could I have a little of your time?"

>Sure.

: "Th-Thank you! Okay, I was thinking about going out to test the bullets I made.. Would you mind coming with?"

Click here to view.

Later, back in the lobby, Ciel and Romeo are working in their own terminals.

: "Hey Kim! So, a beautiful girl's on Friar! I hear she's a God Eater from the Far East Branch. Say... Maybe you could..."

>Er, you want me to talk to her for you?

: "No, it's not like that! I was just thinking how to awaken my power. Get your mind out of the gutter!"

Ciel looks up from the commotion.

: "Kimberly, Thank you for helping me test my customized bullets. I spoke to someone in the maintenance crew, and they are helping me analyze the results. I am very much looking forward to hearing them. and I will be sure to share my findings. By the way, Alisa from the Far East Branch has requested our support. We should hear her out. She's down by the monitor."

You hear Julius speaking with Alisa down below.

: "Destroying psions is our duty, so of course I'm happy to help."

: "Thank you very much. On behalf of everyone in Cradle, I extend my deepest gratitude.

Ah! It's good to see you again! Thank you for coming to our rescue earlier. I'm been in pursuit of a psion - a Yan Zhi - and I've come to ask Blood's help to take it down."

>We'll do it!

: "Thank you! With your ability to Evoke our potential, even regular God Eaters like me can take on a psion. You've face a Yan Zhi before, and I believe that together, we can defeat it. I'm counting on you!"

Above you, you hear an excited Romeo speaking with Ciel.

: "Did you hear that? Alisa wants our help to take down a psion! Sweet! Obviously I'm coming too, right?"

Directed towards you.
"Isn't that right, Vice Captain? Then... my Blood Power will awaken!!!"

"Ahem"

: "You've been asked to take down a psion, specifically...

A Cradle scouting party has been tracking a single Yan Zhi, and is now monitoring it in the chemical factory ruins. Move quickly, and take it down. Be careful, and Ukonvasara was also detected bearby. The target is a psion, so regular God Eaters will not stand a chance. Bring Blood Unit members.

You've defeated one before, but Yan Zhi are fierce, and there's much we still don't know about them. Good luck."

(U: All members in the roster were "FIX" so I couldn't exactly decide whom to bring, sorry Romeo! :v: )

Click here to view.

Ulvirich fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 5, 2016

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!

Ulvirich posted:

At her usual perch, Nana is poking at a datapad.

Dr. Rachel told me that Ciel's Blood Power Awakened because of you. How did you do it?"

I think you have the wrong picture here?

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Nuramor posted:

I think you have the wrong picture here?

I had a lot of typos and erroneous links in the original draft, thanks for catching that one.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Realistically, what could they do to Wind Shear? She was the only one besides Julius and I guess Ciel to have a Blood Art and apparently has the power to awaken others' Blood Arts. Of course they'd keep her on-board.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Restrict wages, fire her or worse. I mean, this is a corporation, and one that is in de-facto control of what's left of the world. They could do a number of things. Her power being able to let 2nd Gen God Eaters work in the presence of psions is a rather unique plus. I would imagine her financial worth to the company quickly vetoed any bad outcomes aside from a disobedience mark on her record.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

: "Blood truly is a powerful team... And I don't just mean your Blood Power. You all fought brilliantly. If we're ever faced with something we can't handle alone...we'll be counting on your help.

And when that time comes, I'll be fighting at your side."

You see Gilbert and Romeo at the bottom of the stairs, Gil looking over the balcony, and Romeo leaning back against the railing.

: "Only we Bloods can fight psions... which is why we can't ever let our guard down! Ciel spends all day testing out her bullets. She takes it very seriously...as you'd expect."

: "If we keep getting these psion missions, we'll need to work on how we cooperate with other units.

...I think we're going to be seeing a whole lot more missions like that last one."

Ciel, Julius, and Nana are in the lower lobby. Nana on her usual perch, while the other two are overviewing Friar's progression to the Far East Branch. ...Not too much longer now, at this pace.

: "That mission with Alisa was a huge victory! Nice work, Vice Captain!"

: "Nice job with that Yan Zhi. Since we're the only ones capable of fighting psions, I have a feeling we're going ot be in high demand. With the Far East Branch so close, I expect we'll be assisting on their most crucial missions."

: "It looks like Alisa is leaving already. And just when I thought we were getting to be friends." She visibly brightens. "Well, we'll have joint operations with her branch, right? I'll be sure to talk to her more then!"

You decide to pay Dr. Rachel a visit.

: "Welcome back... You were brilliant out there. I think Blood's role in psion battles like that will play a crucial role in training God Eaters.

I hope you can lead us all to a brighter future."

: "Blood has been assigned a new mission. Are you ready for it? Here are the specifics...

A large variety of small Aragami have invaded the park in Academy City, including Ogretails, Fallen Ogretails, charged Cocoon Maidens, and Dreadpikes. Exterminate them all before larger Aragami that feed on these Aragami appear. Enemy numbers are great, so divide and conquer as much as you possibly can."

>Can I stop being assigned small fry missions?

Shrugging noncommittally, Fran returns to her operations duties. On the way to the helipad, Alisa stops you.

: "Thank you very much for your help. I still have work to do, so I must be on my way. You should come visit the Far East Branch! It's not all neat like Friar, but it's a nice place.

We'll meet again. In the meantime...take care!"

Click here to view.

Walking with you down to the lower lobby, Gil breaks the silence.

: "There's a lot of talk about the Far East Branch... The fighting is fiercer there than anywhere else. Any yet, somehow they keep on fighting and they survive... That's the kind of people they are."

Aside from Romeo, the rest of Blood are milling around, trying to look busy, or are actually busy, depending on who you ask.

: "We'll soon arrive at the Far East Branch... Our fight will get tougher... I'll be counting on you."

: "I heard that red rain falls a lot there... What'll we do when the red rain comes? No one can fight, not with those God Arc Soldier junkheaps."

: "I'm looking forward to meeting the people who stand on the figurative front line. Oh, and if you're looking for Romeo, he should be in Dr. Rachel's lab by now."

Opening the door, you find Romeo assisting Dr. Rachel on a nearby monitor while she looks on.

: "Hey Kim, we're almost in the Far East. I was hoping I'd awaken my Blood Power before we got there... Ah well, don't you worry! As soon as we arrive, I'll make it happen!"

: "We'll soon be dropping anchor in the Far East. There you will see the sorrow of this world. When you realize the crossroads at which we stand... I hope you'll think on what Blood can do.

You all have exceptional abilities. I look forward to seeing the answer that you find."

"Dr. Rachel, is that the Vice Captain of Blood I hear? Send her to my office at once."

: "That seems to be for you. You may well wish to see what the Director wants of you."

Letting yourself in after a polite knock, you also spot Dr. Leah off to the side, with the Director at his throne.

: "After we arrive at the Far East Branch, Blood will be assigned to command their God Eater activities for a time. Follow your orders and ensure you do nothing that would tarnish our reputation." Pointing at you for emphasis, he continues. "Do you understand me? You are dismissed."

On your way out, Leah pulls you aside.

: "A moment please, Kimberly. Rachel told me you're to thank for Ciel's newfound cheer. I've never seen her having so much fun before. I hope you'll always be good friends."

Not all who disobey the edicts of the king get away with their head, let alone station, intact. You count yourself lucky.

: "We have confirmed reports of a group of Aragami in our path. You are to dispatch them with haste. Specifically...

A Vajra on the move met up with a number of Ogretails, and the whole gang is now approaching the Far East Branch. Eliminate them all before they reach the Outer Ghetto. The fight will be on the wide open plains, but tall grass will make it hard to see your enemies. Use the terrain to your advantage to carry out your mission."

Click here to view.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

A slight change from the previous updates. We've moved operations to the Far East Branch, and that means an entire new lobby. This is the last time I'll be making this sort of video. It's giving you a tour of the lobby, and doing a meet and greet with the NPCs. There was a copyright slap this morning with the second video due to a song being played and because I could, probably, make bookoo bucks off of it. I can see it in the US, so let me know if you need me to make a edited version.

Click here to view.

Click here to view.

Ulvirich fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Oct 7, 2016

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Reaching the new difficulty tier, we got the usual crafting recipe unlocks and something new not noticeable until you go to the mission roster loadout.

When you accept a mission, the roster now has unlocked the BackUp slot under your group. Like the group roster, selecting this shows up your support characters you can assign to the mission.

These characters will not actively participate on the field, however they can provide support cards at the results screen, and provide additional rewards. Like the God Eaters, Hibari and Damian do come with their own, singular skill. Hibari has Reward Rate Up lvl 5, which increases the chance to get clear rewards. Damian is Ignore Endurance lvl 5, which ignores the endurance conditions for rewards.

Their personal abilities are also noticeably different from any God Eaters. Everything has something to do with the support cards:

Ignore Time: Ignores time requirement for reward conditions.
Ignore Bond: Ignores bond breaking requirements for reward conditions.
Bond Brk Reward Up: Increases the chance of bond break rewards.
Get Consumable Items: Gives you more consumables.
Abndnd Arc Rare Up: Better chance at higher quality recovered God Arcs.
Abndnd Arc Parts Up: More recovered Arc Parts.
BA Awake Chance Up: Increases how fast your Blood Arts gain experience.
BB Awake Chance Up: Increases how fast your ??? gain experience.
Team AP Up: Self-explanatory.
Additional GAP: Self-expanatory.
Support Skill Uses +1: A passive that gives you the chance to use an additional support card.
Support Redraw: Lets you reshuffle the card hand once

You can mix, match, or even stack bonuses for higher chances of a particular card showing up. I'm planning on kitting Hibari out as the gal I want when I need more crafting materials, and Damian as the fella I want to get better experience gains on. Now, for the two new additions to the roster...

Erina has similar equipment to the other God Eaters; a ????, a second ????, and a Special Item slot. Recruit 1 prevents her from guarding altogether, prevents her from initiating link burst by transferring Aragami bullets, and reduces her stun grenade stock by one (to zero). Not a particularly appealing draw to bring her along on a mission as she is.

The other new addition, Kota. He's slightly different from all the rest that we've seen. What the heck is up with his God Arc only have one weapon? Kota has a 1st Gen God Arc, and those can only use one weapon part. He still has the same mechanics as the other God Eaters, except he uses his gun full time. He restores OP by just switching to a low powered bullet to regenerate OP. Despite him not being able to use a melee, or shield part, he is still a God Eater, and can handle himself and support the team if the rest of the group runs interferance.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
So, it looks like this is on sale this weekend, and I'm thinking of picking it up. Seems safe to assume you're a fan Ulvirich; anybody else that's played it want to chime in? If (unlike our esteemed LPer) I am a fan of grinding in a videogame, will I be rewarded for my efforts by showers of monster bits and things to purchase with said monster bits?

(I'd be coming at this as someone who's never played a MH-like game before, being PC-only.)

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...

Ghost of Starman posted:

So, it looks like this is on sale this weekend, and I'm thinking of picking it up. Seems safe to assume you're a fan Ulvirich; anybody else that's played it want to chime in? If (unlike our esteemed LPer) I am a fan of grinding in a videogame, will I be rewarded for my efforts by showers of monster bits and things to purchase with said monster bits?

(I'd be coming at this as someone who's never played a MH-like game before, being PC-only.)

It's a really fun game, and it does a pretty good job of distinguishing itself from Monster Hunter. It has a really satisfying pace, and missions rarely feel like they're going on too long. The weapon options are also really neat and there's a ton of variety in the kind of playstyles you can have. And the bullet editing system is hilarious and I totally advise spending time learning to use it.

The biggest problem is the lack of mission variety and weapon upgrades until you beat the main game. Oh, and also the story is exceptionally bad. Genuinely one of the worst stories I've ever seen. gently caress Romeo.

Still, I enjoyed it a lot. Plus, you get two sizable games for one.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Miijhal posted:

The biggest problem is the lack of mission variety and weapon upgrades until you beat the main game. Oh, and also the story is exceptionally bad. Genuinely one of the worst stories I've ever seen. gently caress Romeo.

Still, I enjoyed it a lot. Plus, you get two sizable games for one.

It definitely gets a bit repetitive, particularly at the difficulty tier I am at with the LP. Map variety I can give a pass to because this was originally a portable game. That's why I'm putting in "combat ends at #:##" for Aragami fights I have already shown off. And I agree with weapon upgrades, I even address it in a backlogged video. Still using a kongou club buster blade, icereave and yang scythes for the lack of upgrades, although that'll change soon. Regarding the story, yeah, it's bad, it's anime as hell and Romeo, oy. Yeah, I agree with that.

Ulvirich fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Oct 8, 2016

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Well, I bit the bullet.

First couple hours of Res seem a little more light-hearted than RB. Exhibit A: "Learning With Paylor Sakaki," complete with handdrawn chibi version of himself. :allears:

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

>Sender: Fujiki_Ko@NornOS.net
>Subject: To Kimberly
>Body:
Nice to meet you! I'm Captain Kota Fujiki of the Far
East Branch's 1st Unit.

I've heard that you've already met some of my people.
We'll be seeing more of each other on and off the
battlefield from now on, so I look forward to getting
to know you. I'm not good at formalities, so let's
just keep it casual, yeah?

Cheers!

>Sender: Strasbourg_Em@NornOS.net
>Subject: To think that I will fight by your side...
>Body:
What but a miracle to call this turn of fate? Wait!
Not a miracle, perhaps, but destiny? Yes, of
course! From the moment our eyes met, I knew.
I saw our future when, after that mission, we stood
together watching the burning red sunset. We are
destined to fight side by side, rivals, seeking the
same perfection. Fellow knight... Aah! What travails
of fate, what torments by the gods is this? But we
must accept this destiny and walk forward, together!

(This continues on for several more lines.)

>Sender: Satsuki@YunoIdol.net
>Subject: (Cc: All) To Blood
>Body:
Hello, this will be my first message to you all. I
got your addresses from Romeo, so I thought I would
introduce myself. I'm Satsuki Takamine, Yuno's
manager. They say to treasure each new meeting, so I
hope we can get along. I look forward to working with
you.

@Romeo,
Yuno says she will message you later. Don't get too
friendly now - I'm watching.

>Sender: Chikura_Mu@NornOS.net
>Subject: (Cc: All) Hi!
>Body:
Nice to meet you, Blood!
I'm Mutsumi Chikura, and I make everyone's meals in
the Far East. Come hungry - I make a lot!

It's going to take some getting used to the rickety sounding elevator, it's nothing like the smooth and silent ones back on Friar. As the cage opens up, almost blocking the way out, Emil is standing at attention.

: "Fair Knight! Have you gotten used to the Far East Branch? I'm sure it's every bit as nice here as on Friar. We held your welcome party in the Lounge. It's a good place to go if you're tired after a battle."

In the booth above Hibari's desk Ciel looks up from her paperwork after hearing the bombastics nearby.

: "Kimberly! I've made progress with my inquiry into the altered behavior of my bullets! Dr. Sakaki introduced me to an engineer here named Licca. She's been looking into the cause for me...

It turns out there's something...bigger going on. I haven't been able to fully process it yet... Sorry, I'm skipping ahead. I could explain it better from the start... Do you have the time now?"

>Sure.

: "Thank you! I need to prepare some materials first, but it shouldn't take long."

Down in the pit below, you can't help but overhear a excited Romeo speaking with his captive audience, the shopkeeper.

: "Can you believe Yuno sang just for us? Ahhh, I could die a happy man right now... I'm so glad we came to the Far East..."

Eager to keep a paying customer, the shopkeeper listens, rapt...and possibly taking mental notes on what to requisition.

Ciel's still not back from her preparation work, so you decide to burn some time in the Lounge.

: "Hey! Welcome! How was my cooking earlier? I hope everyone in Blood liked it. If you have any favorite foods, let me know. That way I can make it when you need a pick-me-up."

At the pool table, Erina looks on while Kota is taking his sweet time setting up the balls. His opponent, Gil, is hunched forward on the couch. Hearing you approach, Kota excitedly waves.

: "Wow, everyone loved that part! As the one who put it together, nothing could make me more pleased!"

: "Yeah, but it wasn't because of you, Captain, but because of Yuno's song, right?"

: "Well...but... Look, I got the mic ready for her, didn't I?"

Letting him finish, Gil replies.

: "Hey, Vice Captain. That was a bit grandiose for a welcome party, huh?"

Looking at your interactions, Erina sighs and continues, somewhat bluntly.

: "...It turns out the members of Blood are normal people. I thought you'd be more stuck-up."

On the other side of the Lounge, Julius is standing, and Nana's sitting on the couch, watching an episode of Bugarally.

: "Kimberly, that was an excessive welcome, wasn't it? I just wish I'd been told there were going to be speeches..."

>It was a nice speech.

: "Stop it, you're embarassing me."

: "The speech was nice, sure, but the delicious food? Yuno singing just for us? That was fun! I'm relieve that everyone here is so nice. I couldn't be happier with how this turned out!"

You have a suspicion that Nana and Mutsumi are going to be best friends. You've spent enough time here, Ciel has got to be ready by now.

Waiting for you back at the booth, Ciel appears to be ready to go.

: "I was thinking about testing out some Blood Bullets. Would you...come help me? There's been a report of a swarm of Zygotes making a nest in the industrial district, so this would be a perfect opportunity for testing purposes."

Click here to view.

>Sender: Yuno@YunoIdol.net
>Subject: (Cc: All) To Blood
>Body:
Hello, everyone. I'd like to officially introduce
myself here in writing. My name is Yuno Ashihara.
Everyone at the Far East Branch has always treated me
so nicely, but things look like they are going to get
even more fun with Blood around! Romeo, thank you for
the dinner invitation.

I hope everyone is able to attend!
Best regards, Yuno.

>Sender: Sakaki_Pa@FarEast.gov
>Subject: Settling in
>Body:
HOw about it? Are you getting settled in?

I was thinking it's time to equip your squad with
link support devices.

Your Blood Power is impressive, but we here have come
up with our own tricks. I hope you'll use them.

Normally, I'd tell you to speak with Licca, however
with her working on her current project, Damian would
be the engineer to talk to for details.

Good luck.

Exiting your dorm, you spot Romeo waiting outside Yuno's door.

: "Hey, good morning! I thought I'd ask Yuno for an autograph, so I've been waiting here for her to come out. I even knocked on her door, but she didn't answer... I wonder if she's out."

Exiting the elevator, you spot Nana, and she you.

: "Hey! Have you heard of the 'link support device?' It's this new technology developed right here. Damian told me all about it. ...That must be why he came aboard Friar!"

Coming up the staircase from the pit, Julius addresses you.

: "I just received a report from Ciel... Apparently you two have discovered a new ability. I think she called it Blood Bullets... This must be another product of your shared, intense will.

Much of this new ability remains a mystery to me. I'll have to have you two explain it to me soon."

Inside the lounge, it's fairly busy it looks like. Kota and Gil are at the pool table again, Ciel's playing with the capybara, Yuno and Satsuki are over near the piano and Mutsumi is preparing something delicious smelling while keeping an eye on the bar...

You decide to make the rounds, clockwise... away from whomever that is.

: "What's wrong? You look like someone slapped you with a trout.

>Who's at the counter?

: "Hm? Oh...you mean Kigurumi? Well, the truth is...

No one knows anything about him. Or her. We don't know when they showed up or what they want. All we know is that they're a God Eater, just like the rest of us. You'd better leave them be...for now."

: "It's a lot noisier here than it was on Friar..."

: "Look, they're raising a capybara here...

*Squeak!*

...It's cute..."

Giving the little thing a scritch behind the ears, you make your way over to Yuno and Satsuki.

: "I've been coming here to chat in my spare time. We talk about God Eaters, Aragami, the future... I'd like to ask Mutsumi to teach me how to cook..."

Directed towards you, Satsuki whispers.

: "Yuno's cooking style is... very...in your face."

Eager to have a reason to not stand so close to Kigurumi, Mutsumi puts her current meal on a slow simmer.

: "The entire lounge seems more cheery when Yuno is around. It's like she has this aura. I wish I could cheer up people like she can."

Outside in the pit, Damian's buying supplies from the shopkeeper, and turns to you when you ask him about a link support device.

: "You don't know what a link support device is? They're the latest tech, developed right here in the Far East. You'll be getting a lot of use out of them. You might want to learn their limitations, though."

>What exactly is a link support device?

: "They allow God Arcs to link with equipment in the field that emits helpful bias field pulses. Originally we wanted to find a use for spare God Arcs. Each is different, so each has a different effect. A surprising number go unused... Ones with no compatible God Eater, or whose user has died... Even a newly retired God Eater like me can now be of some use in battle. It's a wonderful machine."

>Any restrictions?

: "Of course, since their God Arcs are linked to the machine, the selected owners can't directly fight. In other words, you can only choose people who aren't going to the field, a minor inconvenience. Licca - she's with the maintenance crew - is developing something to overcome that hurdle. She told me she'd have a prototype ready soon... You might be able to persuade her to give you one."

>What are their effects?

: "There are all kinds: some boost attack power, others make it easier to break Aragami bonds, and so on. But their effects don't last the entire mission... Each has a set activation time and duration. When you're choosing which God Arcs to link, choose ones that best suit the mission. As for my God Arc's power... You'll have to see for yourself. Take a look when you choose a mission."

: "I have a mission for you. Are you ready? Here are the specifics...

This will be a test of the link support device. Complete your mission with Damian's backup. His ability will activate thirty seconds after the mission starts. A Gboro-Gboro is approaching the area and should link up with smaller Aragami at Point I. Use Damian's support wisely, and exterminate the smaller Aragami."

Click here to view.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Time to frontload a whole bunch of stuff I feel a need to explain. Thanks game! Let's start today's update with...

We were introduced to the concept with an earlier Ciel duo mission against Zygotes. And only now has this option been unlocked.

The left half of the window here shows you character episodes that are able to be progressed. The figure icon next to a name means the person is present in the lobby, somewhere and the lack of an icon is the person not present. Erina and Kota, for right now, are requiring me to run FREE missions in order to unlock their episode.

Emil here, is requiring us to talk to him to continue his episode. His circle in the list denotes a person you need to talk to to continue their episode, but they aren't present and you need to call them. So let's do that.

Calling them takes a few seconds, and...

And a Glorious Emil makes his presence known. And unlike pressing the usual talk button, in order to continue a character episode, you need to press another button, Y in my case, in order to initiate it.

Completing a character episode will generally either give the NPC a skill they can use in personal abilities, or provide bonuses to you. While these are completely optional and don't affect the main storyline at all, it's usually very helpful in some capacity to put in the effort to complete them.

After this mechanics update, from now on at the end of a story update, I'll be including any completed character episodes in video form. I did put in some work with Ciel's and Emil's, and I've included them below. I accidentally deleted the raws for these two, so I can't edit them; in the future, unless the combat is exceptional in some way, I'll be cutting out the combat sections for less workload on my end.

Ciel's

Click here to view.

Learns a variety of Blood Bullets; Cure beams, attack/defence boosting heal beams, piercing + friend or foe combination bullets. And most importantly, unlocked the ability to add blood bullet chips to your own bullets in the bullet editor.

Emil's

Click here to view.

Learns Mutual Burst. When Emil transfers an Aragami bullet, in addition to boosting your burst level, he too will gain a burst level.

Edit: Also holy moly a lot of terms in the Fenrir Terminal Database - Aegis Island, Aegis Project, Aegis Project: 2, Aragami Research Lab, Bias Factor Transfer, Bias Factor Transfer 2, Bias Factor Transfer 3, Bias Field Pulse, Black Plague, Black Plague: 2, Blood: 2, Bugarally, Cradle, Link Support Device, Link Support Device: 2, Managarm Project, Nemus Diana, Outer Ghetto, Plague Contact Infection, The Den, P73 Bias Factor, The Satellite Bases

Ulvirich fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Oct 8, 2016

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

SSNeoman posted:

Since clothes are just cosmetic, does that mean this game has less grinding than monster hunter? Since you just need to pimp your weapons/gun of choice?

basically yes. And even then, the gear for your god arc doesn't change much in the way of multiplier gains till way later in the game anyway. Unless they gave you better growth in Rage Burst over Burst, since I remember not changing my gear much in the first game.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

cdyoung posted:

basically yes. And even then, the gear for your god arc doesn't change much in the way of multiplier gains till way later in the game anyway. Unless they gave you better growth in Rage Burst over Burst, since I remember not changing my gear much in the first game.

For reference a particular tier 2 to tier 3 buster blade was a upgrade from 161 to 226. Compare to a tier 7s 391. You're not hampered too badly from using a lower tier weapon against higher tier Aragami. A lot of the dps a weapon can output is dependant on overall skills installed, and Blood Arts. Hitting elemental weaknesses makes up for the damage loss as well.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Click here to view.

: "I'm still in the testing phase, but once we move to production, I should be able to make some variants. I can't guarantee it'll be easy, but I'd be grateful for whatever help you can give."

>How do I use it?

: "This new prototype differs from the previous units in that it can attach directly to the God Arc."

So first you have to equip the device from the Terminal. This time I've already done it for you. Next, as with the previous link support devices, you select the God Arc when you accept a mission. "Just so I'm clear: simply wearing one won't have any effect. Don't forget to assign a God Arc.

>I'll help, despite you breaking the fourth wall.

: "Alright, let's get right to it. Could you take this mission so that I can observe the prototype in action? Specically...

First, defeat a herd of small Aragami. If everything goes well, find and destroy the nearby Chi-You. Chi-You are weak to blaze weaponry and bullets. Clean and check your guns for this battle."

: "Thanks. I'll get a chopper reserved and prepped for you in a few. You've got some time to burn."

Shockingly, without Romeo nearby, Yuno and Satsuki are waiting on the elevator to arrive.

: "I'd better practice my singing for my next event. Satsuki, do youk now what I'll be performing?"

: "If we can get away with ignoring HQ's requests, I have it mostly ready. I'll send you the program when I get to your terminal."

: "Okay, please do!"

: "Of course they want changes right before the show. I'd like to see them in my shoes, bossed around. Well, we need all of their support that we can get, so we have to give in to a certain extent."

"Fellow Knight! How do you like life in the Far East Branch?"

: "It's not cultured, but that's the front line for you... Well, it's time we knights attended to our duties. When things settle down, we should talk over tea."

Saluting you, Emil marches off to prepare for the mission. Gil clomps down into the pit, glancing at the strategic map.

: "Vice Captain." acknowledging you. "Romeo just got here and already he and Kota are really hitting it off... They're up to something..."

Near the pool table, Kota and Romeo, thick as thieves, are chatting about...something.

"Say, Kota. Have you heard?"

"Of course I did! I'm not going to miss out this time!

"Me neither! We're in this together!"

Leaving them to their devices, you make your way over to Damian, sitting on the couch on his break.

: "Hmm. It won't be long until the 4th Unit returns. They're a bit of an odd group. I'm sure you'll be meeting them soon."

Ciel and Nana loom over the capybara's pen. Nana, in particular, is terribly excited over such a cute baby animal.

: "IT'S SO CUTE! Seeing animals gets me all hyped up! Ohh, I want to pet it! SO FLUFFY!"

: "I've requested to be in charge of raising this little cutie... Now i can pet it as much as I - Ow!

It bit my hand..."

Getting the girls to leave the capybara takes some convincing, however a short time later your assembled group is on the flight to the Abandoned City.

Click here to view.

Leaving the engineering den and arriving back in the lobby, you notice Erina standing near the railing by the lounge, looking mildly irritated.

: "Captain Kota, and Romeo were making a fuss over something... See for yourself." She gestures towards the lounge.

Click here to view.

: "Cypress is always super fresh!"

>...Who's Cypress?

: "Cypress is the newest, hottest virtual pop-star. She's recruiting God Arc Soldier pilots. Thanks to her popularity, the program has been getting plenty of applicants."

>The GASs aren't ready.

: "Well, yeah, but they'll be ready soon, right? That's why she's getting people to sign up now."

> :sigh: Have you seen Gil?

: "I invited him to our watch party, but he's been talking complex things with Damian by the windows. We should talk more about Cypress sometime!"

: "Sigh... Cypress is so cute..."

>You like her?

: "She's so futuristic... and yet familiar. as if I've seen her somewhere before. No, really, I think I've seen her somewhere before... It must be part of how they designed her."

>But aren't you a fan of Yuno?

: "Duh! Yuno and Cypress are completely different things. You just don't get it."

>Cyprus?

: "No, you Crete-in!"

Sitting at the bar, watching the duo's antics, Nana is awestruck. Definitely.

: "That video was awesome! What's her name? Cypress? And that electricity! She was all like, zap zap! Although, if you've already seen a GAS in real life, it's not such a big deal, huh...?"

: "If you're tired, try herbal tea! I'm sure I saw it in the provision catalog... Maybe I'll order some."

You peer into the capybara's pen...

By the array of technical documents, Damian and Gil are discussing something complex. Damian looks up first and with a stretch, begins speaking with you.

: "I see you spoke with Licca. How'd it go? Were you able to convince her? A friend like her comes in handy. A little help cn mean the difference between life and death."

Standing up from the barstool, Gil thanks Damian for his time and then turns to you.

: "Sorry, I was asking him about those link support devices. I'm ready now. I'll get back to the lobby."

The both of you walk out of the lounge, and head over to the strategic map in the pit.

Click here to view.

: "I have a mission for Blood, is everyone ready? Specifically...

We've tracked a Ukonvasara into the dam area. It's been following a few Zygotes, into an area of charged Cocoon Maidens. Exercise caution, and eliminate the smaller Aragami before taking on the Ukonvasara. Blaze and freezing weaponry would be ideal for this hunt."

Click here to view.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Character Episodes unlocked this update:

Click here to view.

Emil: Learns Trap Stock II, Stun Grenade Stock I, and unlocks being able to learn Dark Emil which combines the previous two skills.

Click here to view.

Erina: Upgrades Recruit I to Recruit II; removes inability to Guard, and to Burst Link.

Click here to view.

Kota: Learns Burst Duration II (Increases length of Burst), B-Oracle Auto-Recovery II (Increases OP regeneration while in Burst), and unlocks being able to learn Pledge Wave, which combines the previous two skills.

Click here to view.

Licca: Unlocks the PC's capability to build and equip different link support devices and gives you a Freeze Att.+ 5-10.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

With the completion of the Licca character episodes, we've unlocked the ability to build and equip different link support devices aside from the dummy one she gave us at the start. Also around this time, the rest of the team's God Arcs are available for being used in the standard link support devices.

The other half of the mission members screen unlocks. As shown, you can have up to four LSDs active in the mission, and they have a point limit of 100 or less. Selecting a slot brings us to...

This screen. It shows you what the LSD equipped is on the character, and how much it costs towards the limit. There's more, a lot more, however the game will parcel them out upon reaching progressive difficulty tiers.

Filling out the roster, we've got Kota here with a grayed out EVENT tag. That means that Kota has a character episode that can trigger if he's in the active team. Adding him to the active team results in...

We get a Member Overlap error upon doing this, so let's solve that by swapping him out with Damian.

Which results in the game telling us we're dumb and can't add numbers.

Also to note is this anomaly. Kigurumis LSD mimics your own. To note, LSDs can stack their effects if you can afford the points for them. Anywho, here's a list of the available LSD affects, both your own/Kigurumis and other NPCs.

Full Burst 2: Everyone in the mission gets level 3 Burst at 2 minutes.
Ammo Devour 5-10: You gain more aragami bullets during the 5 to 10 minute mark.
Stamina 30% 2-5: All stamina costs are reduced by 30% during the 2 to 5 minute mark.
Sure Break 5-10: One teammate is given a buff that will instantly break a Aragami part. This buff is used up upon one part breaking.
Armor 30%: All damage taken is reduced by 30%

Player LSDs, with the exception of the Dummy Device, currently all activate during the 5-10, or the 10-20 minute marks.

Dummy Device: +10% damage from 10 to 70 seconds.
Elemental Att.+: For each of the primary elemental types, adds the attribute, or increases the potency of existing attribute for the given time.
Deafen 30%: Reduces hearing range of Aragami.
Blind 30%: Reduces sight range of Aragami.
Delay 60 sec.: Prevents arriving Aragami from entering the battlefield for 60 seconds.
Standby 60 sec.: Arriving Aragami stand still for 60 seconds.
Relax 30%: Makes Aragami 30% less likely to activate/get enraged from combat

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

oh my god its full of stars

EDIT: Okay I like the dialogue box gag with Dark Emil

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 9, 2016

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

>Sender: Kusunoki_Licca@NornOS.net
>Subject: Thanks for the tests!
>Body:
Hey, It's Licca Kusunoki here. Thanks so much for
helping me test out the link support device the other
day. Don't hesitate to let me know if you felt like
there was anything off during the tests. I won't hold
anything back either. No beating around the bush like
the Far East and Friar types, 'kay? We good? Good.

>Sender: Makabe_Ha@NornOS.net
>Subject: Hey hey
>Body:
Sheesh, Blood's super busy these days, eh? You guys
should take it easy once in awhile. Tell Gil I said
so.

See ya.

Down in the lobby, Kota begins energetically accosting you as soon as the elevator cage opens.

: "Kim, Blood'll be a huge help to us at Aegis. After the incident, the Aragami have been coming in droves."

>What's Aegis?

: "It's the facility that housed the Aegis Project. After the incident, Aragami swarmed the place. It's still being used as a research facility, so we have to clear the area every so often."

>What's this "incident?"

: "Ah... Erm... I'll tell you the whole story, but later. It's a long one."

>We'll do it.

: "Thanks! You can bring anyone else as long as I'm in the party. Don't worry. I know the place well. All right. Let me know when you're ready, thanks again for the help!"

You bop into the lounge to see who is around... Romeo is having a one sided conversation with Kigurumi off near the pool table. Haruomi reclining on the couch behind the table...looking at Nana, who is playing with the capybara. And on the other side, Julius is watching a news report on the widescreen by his lonesome.

Under the unrelenting stare of Kigurumi, you listen to Romeo's excitement.

: "Just now, I happened to run into Yuno as she was leaving for one of the satellite bases! I think she recognized me! Oh man, the Far East Branch is the best!"

You excuse yourself, and Romeo keeps on keeping on, talking to the one person...thing? that is a mute audience.

: "Hey, Vice Captain, how are you doing? I hear you're going with Kota to sweep up Aegis. I look forward to seeing what you Bloods can do."

You notify Haru that he's been requested on the mission. You're not particularly liking the look Haru is giving Nana. He nods, stretches, and begins making his way over to the lobby.

: "Hey Kim, so... Gil's been nodding off lately. It's not like him... Is he not getting enough sleep?"

Letting Julius know of the potential problem with Blood, he makes a note of it on his datapad, and a flashing notification pops up.

: "Looks like the helicopter is ready to go. We're to provide support on a mission under the command of 1st Unit Captain Kota Fujiki. He's a fearless fighter, proven in many battles in the Far East. He deserves no less than your best."

: "Is everyone ready?

A Gboro-Gboro is approaching Aegis, hoping to much on the charged Cocoon Maidens living there. Hurry to the area and destroy all of them. Aragami may leap out of the surrounding structure and surprise you, so make sure to bring enough extra supplies just in case."

Click here to view.

>Subject: Just stuff I'm kinda noticing
>Body:
Just gonna kinda pass this one!

-Gil is kinda down
-Gil and Haruomi seem kinda awkward
-Haruomi keeps looking at me kinda creepily

(U: This is an excellent time to bring up the profiles for Nana and Haruomi.)

Outside your apartment, Nana is trying her best to engage with a distracted Gil.

: "Hey... Hey Gil! I thought of a new ingredient to put in my oden sandwiches."

"..."

"I asked Mutsumi to help me make one for a taste test. How'd you like to try it out too, Gil?"

"...Sure."

"Yay! You said yes!"

>You're using up more than your standard allotment of ellipses, Gil.

: "Oh, sorry, Vice Captain... My mind was elsewhere..."

Down at the lobby, Julius and Ciel are studying a map of Aegis Island.

: "Our last mission greatly diminished the Aragami at Aegis, but quite a number remain in the area." He points at a spot on the map and continues. "The 1st returned to mop up. A place that unsafe is best abandoned...but apparently there are other factors."

: "God Eaters here know how to utilize each other's abilities and coordinate actions with few words... It's a superior brand of teamwork specially suited for real battle. I...have a lot to learn here."

Entering the lounge hungry is sacrilege, and little Mutsumi essentially has a preternatural sense in detecting hunger pangs.

: "If there's anything you want to eat, tell me okay? I'll do my best to make it for you."

You take up a barstool in the back, to look out the window and wait for your meal to be ready.

Click here to view.

A panicked Romeo hollers to get your attention.

: "Vice captain! Kota is in real trouble, we have to hurry and save him! Hibari has the details, we gotta go!"

: "The 1st Unit were on a mission at Aegis when a large Aragami suddenly attacked them. Emil and Erina safely evacuated to base, but Kota is still at Aegis with no backup. The large Aragami appears to have withdrawn, but many other Aragami still remain around him. Blood is being requested to rescue Kota. Are you ready?

The 1st was ambushed by the unknown Aragami. After seriously injuring it and forcing it to retreat, Kota ordered his subordinates back to base, but stayed behind alone to battle the remaining mid-sized Aragami. Blood and the 4th are ordered to hurry to his aid.

...We're all counting on you to save Kota."

Click here to view.

>Sender: Vogelweid_Er@NornOS.net
>Subject: (Cc: All) To all of Blood
>Body:
On behalf of all of the Far East Branch, I want to
thank you for saving Captain Kota's life.

You have our deepest gratitude,
Erina der Vogelweid
Far East Branch 1st Unit

: "Thanks for rescuing me... I thought I was finished. That Aragami fled toward the old aircraft carrier. But I've never seen Haruomi with as grim a look as when I told him about what happened at Aegis. Do you think he knows something about that red Caligula?"

Entering the lounge, there's decidedly few people in here, all of Blood, and the atmosphere is quiet except for the music. Romeo's off petting the capybara, while Ciel and Nana are chatting over by the TV.

: "Now that Kota is back, Gil's acting strange again. I even tried joking about it, and got no response. Do you know what's going on Does it have anything to do with the Aragami that attacked the 1st?"

: "I heard the Caligula that appeared at Aegis had some God Eater's God Arc stuck in it... I'd like to defeat it and reclaim the God Arc. Then the God Eater's long fight will end at last."

: "Do you think it has something to do with Gil? He seems on edge... It's like something is really bothering him."

Heading to the pit, you can overhear Gil speaking with himself.

: "A red Aragami, impaled with a God Arc... At last, I've found it...

This time...I won't let it get away."

A concerned looking Haruomi waves you over on the other side of the pit.

: "Vice Captain Kimberly... Can I ask you a favor?"

>What is it?

: "The red Caligula that Kota encountered... I want you to help me destroy it. Gil intends to take it on alone... and I don't want it to get away again."

>The Aragami - is it...?

: "I cam to the Far East Branch because I'd heard an Aragami pierced with a God Arc had come here. The one that Kota was talking about had a God Arc stuck in it... That God Arc might be Kate's."

>So this is about...

: "Yes..., but I'm not only out to avenge Kate. ... I also want to free Gil. He's moored himself forever in that place... I know Kate would want him to let go."

>Understood.

"...I'll be in your debt."

: "We've detected the signature of a powerful Aragami near the forgotten carrier in the Far East. We've determined it to be the new-type Rufus Caligula that attacked the 1st at Aegis. Destroy it! Kota reported it a powerful foe with many attacks. Make sure your shield can withstand it's ire.

May you find victory."

Click here to view.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

>Sender: McLaine_Gi@NornOS.net
>Subject: (None)
>Body:
I don't think I could say this to your face.
But it needs to be said.
I'm grateful for what you did.
I'll pay you back someday. Okay, bye.

>Sender: Sakaki_Pa@FarEast.gov
>Subject: Rufus Caligula
>Body:
The Rufus Caligula you defeated is an incredibly rare
Caligula species.

The Glasgow Branch has a record of one, but for it to
come all the way here... is most interesting indeed.

The Far East Branch thanks you for your continued
efforts in fighting back the Aragami.

As you leave, you can't help but notice Emil and Erina out in the hallway.

: "You defeated a Caligula as red as blood... Capital! You're truly a God Eater worthy of my respect!"

: "I heard you defeated the Rufus Caligula. ...I knew you would. I'm going away on a mission at a satellite base. I guess Aragami have been targetting them lately."

The elevator comes to a halt at the lobby. Ciel's reading from a datapad, while Gil and Haruomi are reclining in the booth.

: "You're an enigma... When Gil and I awakened our BLood Powers, you were there each time. There's more to it than your power to Evoke... I can feel it...and strongly..."

: "Vi-er, Kimberly, sorry I put you through all that trouble. I think I might have been the clueless one all along. From here on...I hope I can use my new power to support you. We should get drinks in the Lounge sometime. I'll even listen to you complain about a thing or two."

: "Because of your rescue, I'll be able to see the fine ladies of the Den again. Thank you. Say, why don't you transfer to the 4th? The perks are great."

You excuse yourself and make a beeline to the Lounge.

Mutsumi gives you a warm welcome, and meal, as you saddle up on a stool next to Kota and Nana.

: "I thought Blood wouldn't stay long before going back to Friar, but Julius told me it'd be a while. You should transfer here!...But I guess you can't. Well, this is tought work, but let's have fun too!"

: "Gil has cheered up. I think he's even smiling a little more than he used to!"

Down in the pit, Julius and Romeo are studying the strategic map.

: "I heard about Gil's history. He and that Caligula had a powerful connection. Just from his expression, I can tell he's himself again. I think it was getting to me too...

But enough about that! Gil's overshot me! I'm gonna be the next to awaken! I'm counting on you!"

: "Between taking out that Rufus Caligula, and awakening Gil's power...you did well. I want to discuss our station here and our future. Currently Blood's direction has been left to my discretion. I want to focus on continuing to awaken our Blood Powers as we defend this branch against psions.

Also...the Far East is pursuing their own plan. Once I've heard more, we'll decide how to respond."

: "I've received a new mission for Blood. Specifically...

A single Yaksha has entered the Old City. Move quickly and exterminate it. Yaksha have sharp hearing, and will investigate any sounds they hear. Specializing in ranged attacks, they can be very troublesome in large groups. Conversely, they are not much threat when alone. Use this opportunity to practice counter-Yaksha tactics."

Click here to view.

Exiting your dorm, you can't help but notice Yuno and Satsuki settling back in next door.

: "Whew, I'm finally back... Director Grem had mw do a photoshoot for a GAS ad. He was too insistent for me to say no. But I got through it by thinking about how it would help the satellite bases get more supplies."

: "Yuno, I know you must be exhausted, but next up is your visit to the satellite base."

: "Oh, right. I don't mind! Actually, I was hoping to see Asuna anyway."

: "I know that big shot in Friar has you running around for him too. Let's both hang in there..."

On a whim, you decide to check in on Dr. Sakaki in his office.

: "Vice Captain, good to see you. Yes, these are the satellite bases nearby. Officially, they fall over Cradle's purview. Overt actions by this branch would cause trouble. It'd appear as if 'outside' forces were acting on their own to found satellite bases - don't tell HQ. Nemus Diana, an autonomous settlement, developed the anti-Aragami walls used in satellite bases. But now they need a litte support - funds, talent, technology - and i hope we can help...unofficially.

...But please, keep it a secret from Fenrir HQ."

Dr. Sakaki must see a great deal of trust in you for him to essentially admit he's channeling assets to non-Fenrir projects. You think on this while taking the elevator down to the lobby.

Kota and Romeo are paired up in front of the helipad elevator, while Julius is sitting in the booth on his phone.

: "I took care of those Aragami around the satellite base. The attacks have been ceaseless lately..."

: "Yuno's performing at a satellite base. It's not that far from here...but I don't have time to go. Ah, she's probably in her room right now. She's so close, and yet she feels so far away...!"

Finishing his call, Julius puts down the phone when he speaks to you.

: "I hear that more and more people are falling victim to the red rain... There was talk on Friar of studying the rain... I hope they can find a cure."

Spotting the hat of Gil down in the pit, you head over to see how he is doing after his examination.

: "Hey Kimberly, just got back from Dr. Rachel. I just wish she didn't always treat me like a child... Though I have to admit she does her job well..."

Opening the door to the lounge, Mutsumi welcomes you in. Not particularly packed today; a tired Licca sitting at the bar, Ciel's on a couch reading from a datapad, and Nana is feeding the capybara some greens.

: "That must of been a tough fight. The 1st's God Arcs were all busted up... In the end, the repairs took several days. God Arcs are resilient, but not invincible."

: "Just reading a report on Gil's Blood Power... It resonates with nearby allies, increasing their attack power. Dr. Rachel calls it "Inspire." It's a bold and straightforward power... It suits him well."

Happy squeaking emanates from the pen as Nana places down feed for the capybara.

: "I bet this little capybara is glad it came here too, especially with all the yummy food it gets!"

: "I've received a new mission for Blood. Specifically...

A Vajra that was previously pushed back is lurking in the temple ruins. Pursue it, and deliver the final blow. Although it has nowhere left to run, the area is rife with Cocoon Maidens and polar Ogretails. Try your best to avoid the small fry, and quickly and efficiently destroy the Vajra."

Click here to view.

Click here to view

Unlocks Shirogane upgrade path for the starter Kurogane God Arc parts. Gives you a single crafting material to upgrade a part, and you learn how to create more.

Click here to view

You know that sort of acquaintance that is a nice guy and you've no qualms with him until he starts talking about what he really likes? You learn that Haruomi is one of those people. Haruomi learns Prepared - prevents killing blows when guarding, Beloved - when incapacitated teammates of the opposite sex enter Burst, and has unlocked the ability to learn Explorer which combines the two.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Intercepting you outside of your apartment, Satsuki briefly slips into journalist mode.

: "Did you hear? They're setting up a hospital for black plague victims on Friar! ...Well, maybe, at least. With what they spend on the GAS program, it's the least - Ahem, that's not why I'm here!

The truth is, I have need of your strength. I want you to protect one of the satellite bases. ...Just to make sure... You are aware of what a satellite base is, right?"

>I know what they are, yes.

: "Ah, you've been studying up, I see. Anyway, Yuno is visiting this base, and she's sent word that an Aragami pack is coming. ...In truth, the situation is pretty serious. I'll be coming along, so I'll be counting on you."

In the lobby, Blood is assembling to assist with Cradle's efforts in protecting the satellite base. Ciel's finishing up a datapad, Gil is disengaging with Haruomi, while Nana and Romeo exit the lounge.

: "Many in the satellite bases have caught the black plague. They're in no condition to evacuate... They're under threat as we speak. Let's hurry!"

: "We've been called. Let's go. Haru invited me out, but that'll have to wait until after the mission."

Nana waves at you mutely as she chows down on a sandwich.

: "Yahoo! An urgent mission for real! And Yuno's in trouble... We'd better get going, Kim! I've already set the recording for Cypress's broadcast! I'm good to go!"

Down in the pit, Emil and Erina are off to one side.

: "Come, Erina! How about some intensive training? Just the two of us, so we can rival the Aragami!"

: "You're unbelievable... How about you go off and do it yourself?

...Wherever I go, Emil is always there ahead of me... Sometimes I wonder if he's somewhere watching me... No, really, I think he has it in him."

Arriving at last, Julius assembles Blood, and begins addressing you all.

: "Alpha team will be Nana, Kimberly, and me. Ciel, Romeo and Gil will be in a separate unit. Operator Hibari will fill you in on the details. We'll have our downtime in the helicopter. Good hunting, Blood."

: "Blood is to proceed quickly to the satellite base to eliminate the Aragami and secure an evac route. A herd of Aragami led by a Garm has appeared near the satellite base that Ms. Ashihara is visiting. Defeat this large Aragami, and see to the safety of the base's citizens. Garm have an extremely powerful fire attack, but shattering their front legs will prevent them from using it. Freeze weapons will be very effective."

Click here to view.

(U: I mention it in the video, however it bears repeating; the Wolf parts you get from a Garm unlock a lot of blaze imbued equipment. You may want to run this mission a couple of times to get the Wolf parts you need. From what I can remember off hand, new short and long blades, boost hammer, charge spear, and a buckler.)

>Sender: Leoni_Ro@NornOS.net
>Subject: (Cc: All) Thanks, Yuno!
>Body:
Thanks for showing us around the satellite bases,
even though you were so busy! Now that Blood is in
the Far East, we're gonna settle the satellite
problem so fast your head will spin! Just watch!

P.S. Just because Julius is the captain doesn't mean
you have to do as he says! You can relax around us!!

>Sender: Yuno@YunoIdol.net
>Subject: (Cc: All) From the satellite bases
>Body:
Blood, I want to thank you all for protecting the
satellite bases the other day. Thanks to you,
everyone is living in peace. Today, and old lady
taught me some songs from over fifty years ago! Next
time we meet, I'll sing you one if you like.

I'll send another email soon,
Yuno

In the lobby, Satsuki is engaging Julius and Romeo in conversation.

: "...I wonder if we did the right thing leaving Yuno behind. I'm worried about her..."

: "...Well, we did hand off the defensive duty to another unit, so I think she'll be fine."

: "But what about that talk about the wall needing repairs? Doesn't that mean the base is unsafe?"

: "I'm sorry I spoke to critically at the satellite base. I used to work for Fenrirs PR department. I know how dirty they are at HQ and I know what they're really like. And so I have my opinions...

But Yuno has told me you're good people. And, well, now you see who I am, but I hope we'll be friends."

While part of the group, if not the conversation, Julius turns to you as you approach.

: "The black plague... No cure for its victims; at best only protection... while they await death... Isn't there anything we can do?"

Opening the door to the lounge... Nana is demolishing another sandwich, Haru is speaking with Licca, Gil's reclining on the couch, and Kota's feeding the capybara.

: "Nice work! Are you hungry? I can whip you up something fast!"

And of course, nothing in the lounge escapes the attention of Mutsumi.

: "So that's what Yuno has been doing... She's not only a star, but a humanitarian. I'd like to be more than a fighter... and do something else too..."

: "...So, you don't mind having to wear that tank top and those overalls...?"

: "They're work clothes. Work's no place to worry about fashion."

: "Ah, you mean you appreciate the inherent beauty of functionality. You're right, of course."

: "Oh! The wolf hunter returns victorious! Nice going, I heard you kept the satellite base safe. As soon as I've finished this drink, I'll fix up your God Arcs."

:" There's something about the way that journalist talks that doesn't sit well with me... But I guess it doesn't matter. I can see the need for the bases, and I agree with her cause..."

: "I wonder how capybaras breed... My little sis started wanting one after I told her about this one. Maybe it'll have babies, huh?"

>:what:

Down in the pit you do spot som-

Hibari over at her desk.

: "I've received a new mission for Blood, specifically...

According to a civilian salvage group, a Yaksha has been wandering by the reservoir in the mountains. Search this Aragami out and end it. The report also states that the howls of other Aragami echo through the mountains. Kongou responses have been detected and they are assumed to be lurking about. Prepare accordingly."

Click here to view.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Woops, forgot to post a updated list an update ago.

A spark imbued variation on the normal Cocoon Maiden, its spikes apply a attack power debuff. Otherwise acts the same as its predecessor.

Elemental Weakness: Freeze

A frost imbued Zygote, this one's poisonous gas has been replaced with the leak debuff, which saps away OP. Otherwise acts the same as its predecessor.

An aquatic, medium-sized Aragami is one of the first to teach you that it can stagger and damage you by simply walking around. If it begins bringing up the dorsal fin, it's preparing for the water spout attack in front of it. Greenish foam means it's charging up a circular AOE on a God Eater. Its bite and flailings are quick and can catch you off guard. Piercing weapons and bullets work quite well against its scaly hide.

Its name is a reference to a archangel of Judaism.

As a medium-sized Aragami, this one has breakable points on its dorsal fin, front tusks, and torso.
Elemental Weakness: Blaze, spark

A large Aragami that primarily floats just above the ground, making most ground combos (aside from buster and devour) useless by sheer virtue of most of them being unable to connect. Uses a variety of divine-based homing laser blasts, and poison clouds. Firing piercing bullets at its torso, or crushing attacks to its skirt can inflict down status, which grounds and significantly weakens the Aragami to physical attacks. The pillar of light attack can be blocked and entered upon blocking, otherwise you need a long enough attack or a gun to hit the Aragami.

As a large Aragami, this one has breakable points on its head, legs and skirt.
Elemental Weakness: Blaze, Freeze, Spark

A large tiger-like Aragami, aggressive and agile. First timers will likely have issues when encountering this Aragami. It generates electrical strikes and AOEs from the red mantle, however attacks against it will be almost entirely futile, causing very little damage. Crushing attacks to its face and front legs, piercing attacks against the torso under the mantle, and slashing attacks against its rear legs and tail are the way to go. Repeated attacks against the rear legs will likely cause it to stagger.

Its name is a reference to a Sanskrit word meaning both diamond (indestructibility) and thunderbolt (irresistible force).

As a large Aragami, this one has breakable points on its head, front legs, and tail.
Elemental Weakness: Divine the most, then Blaze and Freeze.

An extremely large, and rare to the point of unique, Aragami. This particular example was originally heavily wounded by the efforts of the Glasgow Branch's Kate Lowry, and from further combat with the Far East Branch's 1st Unit. It was finally brought down by the combined efforts of elements from Friar's Blood unit and the Far East Branch's 4th Unit. Any further examples of this Aragami are expected to be at full fighting strength, caution is advised.

It utilized its extended arm blades to make quick dashing attacks, breathed out frozen fog, and could drastically extract heat from the air around it using its shoulder boosters.

Named after the Roman emperor Caligula, and its extracted bullets - Cassius' Wrath - named after the assassins.

As a large Aragami, this one has breakable points on its head, back boosters, and the right and left arm blades,
Elemental Weakness: Blaze and Spark

A large intimidating, wolf-life Aragami. The front rock gauntlets protect its blazing core, and are used primarily for most of its attacks. Beware the right paw slam, and pouncing attacks. Crushing attacks to its gauntlets will break, and prevent it from conjuring up fire. Piercing attacks to the head will inflict a massive amount of damage. HDH (Head Definite Hit) bullets are extremely effective.

Named after the Norse guardian dog of the underworld.

As a large Aragami, this one has breakable points on its head, front gauntlets, and rear legs.
Elemental Weakness: Frost

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

There is one heck of a crowd in the top portion of the lobby. All of Blood are present, and so are Yuno and Satsuki.

: "I kept wondering by Fenrir doesn't acknowledge the satellite bases, so I looked into it...

I see a sharp divide between the nature of Fenrir as a corporation and the pride of the people abandoned. At least that's the impression that started to form as I read the Database."

: "Seeing that place made me want to help the plague victims ASAP. All they get now is food and a bed. The satellite bases are having to ration limited supplies... It's a burden that only continues to grow. But I have a proposal: with use of the Friar's infirmary, this branch can take in the ill.

>I agree with you

: "Thank you. With everyone stuck in a state of inaction, someone has to take the first step...

Leave the negotiations to me. I'll talk to Dr. Sakaki. As for Friar, I'll start with Dr. Rachel. I want you to spread the word to the rest of the team. Try to build a consensus.

I know there's no cure...but the least we can do is take in the victims and provide proper care. We could at least ease the burden on the satellite bases..."

: "I'm glad about how you feel, Julius, but I don't know if Fenrir HQ will go along with it..."

: "That's our problem, and we'll deal with it. We can't just abandon the black plague victims."

: "But... Thank you, Julius, and thank you too, Kimberly!"

You get the feeling you already know what the consensus is going to be, but you dutifully carry out the order.

: "We're helping the ill of the satellite bases? And you want to know if I'm for or against it...?

Come on! You know I would never be against helping Yuno! I'm in this 200 percent, of course!"

: "The plan is to admit the black plague victims into the Den's infirmary? Okay! let's do it!

...But what should I do to help? Well, I'm sure there's something! Let's do it!"

: "We're going to take in the ill? I'll do whatever I can: escort missions, fixing transports..."

: "I agree with Julius's plan. I want to help every last person we can!"

: "We're resurfacing the satellite base's walls and will need the Aragami kept away for several days. But whomever should I ask...?

My, if it isn't Blood's trusty vice captain! I'll put in an official request. Please consider taking it."

Sure enough, Hibari's got another mission for Blood.

: "A Borg Camlann - a metallic, melee weapon-resistant Aragami - has been detected in the plains. Destroy it. Its tail attacks have great reach and devastating power. Borg Camlann are weak to Freeze and Spark weaponry, so make sure to come packing. Night Hollows have also been detected nearby. Deal with them if necessary, however they are not the primary objective."

Click here to view.

>Sender: FenrirApparelDept@FPBS.net
>Subject: New Clothing!
>Body:
New clothing can now be ordered from the Terminal.
With the "Wild" series, let it all out! We also have
sweats and jerseys - designated sportswear for high
schools in the Far East Branch area. We also now
carry suits and slacks, "Vivid," "Turret," "Punk,"
and the tops-only "FW" series. You can preview the
complete look before ordering.

Have fun coordinating!

(U: :toot: Pants!)

>Sender: Satellite Mailing List - Romeo
>Subject: (Cc: All) Satellite Mailing List
>Body:
I made up a mailing list so we could share info on
our efforts to help the satellite bases! Its members
are all of Blood plus Yuno and Satsuki. Julius is
currently negotiating all sorts of things, but I've
told him to keep us updated here. Feel free to mail
like crazy! Let's do what we can do help those
satellite bases out!

>Sender: Satellite Mailing List - Julius
>Subject: (Cc: All) Satellite Mailing List
>Body:
I wanted to share our initiatives with all of you.

-Black plague patient checkups: Nearly confirmed
-Food supply support: Scheduled
-Supplies for building/reinforcement: Negotiating

The Far East Branch has graciously offered their full
support of the satellite bases. Dr. Rachel of Friar
has also pushed for more supplies to be sent to you.
I'll let you know if I hear anything else. If you
have any questions, please ask me directly.

>Sender: Satellite Mailing List - Yuno
>Subject: (Cc: All) Thank you!
>Body:
I know that you're all very busy, which makes me even
happier to know that you came to the satellite bases'
aid so quickly. Not just with the black plague, but I
heard that you even took extra pains to push the
wall's repairs as well. All the patients wanted me to
thank you for everything you've done for them. So,
thank you! I feel like I could say it hundreds of
times and it wouldn't be enough! I'll try hard to
support all of those in need too.

Sincerely,
Yuno

Waiting in the hallway, Yuno with Satsuki in tow, appears to of been waiting for you.

: "I owe you an apology, Kimberly. This next mission looks like it'll be tough, and you see... But really, I feel guilty..."

: "Yuno, you should remain here. You can't really help with the reconstruction, anyway."

"But everyone is working together! Can't I go?"

"Of course you can't! it's not worth risking your safety...and adding to the God Eaters' burden."

You excuse yourself, and head down to the infirmary to check on the progress.

: "Sorry. You can't go in right now. The sickrooms are being remodeled for the plague victims. I'm helping with the construction. I'm in charge of making sure the disease won't spread. The plague is caused by a Bias Factor in the red rain, but we have to be prepared for the worst."

: "I'm readying this place to take in the victims. If you need a checkup, it'll be a few days."

In the pit, Gil is browsing the shopkeeper's consumables, and buys a few restore posts.

: He sighs prior to speaking with you. "I don't know what to do with Haru. Here I am, fine-tuning my God Arc when he comes up to lecture me. Saying how I should look at the treasures around me. Well, if i felt a connection, it would happen."

The lounge is surprisingly empty, only Kota and Emil sit at the bar in front of Mutsumi. The pair are patiently waiting on their food as you approach.

: "I can't believe Cradle is away right when they're needed... Sorry they're gone, but me and the 1st are here to help!"

: "It is the knight's true duty to aid the suffering! I can see the people of the satellite base now... their innocent eyes pleading to their only hope."

Back in the lobby, Nana and Romeo have shown themselves, doing mission prep.

: "Julius was looking for you, Kimberly. He says he has a big mission planned for us! He's in Dr. Sakaki's office right now."

You make a beeline, or as much of a beeline as you can make in this arcology, to the Director's office. Dr. Sakaki's sitting at his desk going over paperwork and Julius and Ciel are present as well.

: "Vice Captain. Dr. Sakaki gave my plan his unofficial approval. Satsuki will be in charge of moving the patients. But first, we've been tasked to keep Aragami away from the base while its walls are being repaired. We'll face a series of battles over the duration. Ciel has the details. She can fill you in."

: "I had considered taking in the plague victims, but we didn't have the budget, and if HQ found out... But with Julius's plan to sell it as support Friar's research efforts, I think we can do it."

: "During the repair of the satellite base's walls, we're going to lure Aragami away and destroy them. The plan has three phases - that means three missions. Since this is new for us, I'll explain."

>Consecutive battles?

"It's one operation comprised of three missions. Each mission is the same scale of a typical one. Between each mission, we can rest, but there is no resupply, and we'll proceed directly to the next. God Eaters need a regular Bias Factor intake, but we've obtained a portable type for extended duty."

>Any words of caution?

"We will evacuate any fighters who receive multiple grievous wounds and are deemed unable to continue. With no reserve fighters, choose carefully who to bring. The same goes for God Arcs and consumables."

>No more questions.

"There should be no powerful enemies, but the fight will be long, and we must prepare carefully. Speak with Hibari when you're ready to head out."

: "Are you ready? I've a new mission for Blood, specifically...

In preparation for a major repair operation on the satellite base's Anti-Aragami Wall, Aragami must be lured away from the base and destroyed. This op will consist of three phases. During the first phase, a number of Cocoon Maidens and Zygotes must be dispatched. Any non-Divine weapon is recommended. During the second phase, We've detected a Chi-You response, and a new type Cocoon Maiden. Freeze weaponry is recommended here. And finally, for the third phase, another Garm has been detected hunting Night Hollows and Dreadpikes in the area. Again, freeze weaponry is recommended. Good luck, and remember to restock consumables, you will not get a chance to mid-mission."

Click here to view.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

>Sender: Far East Branch
>Subject: (URGENT) Housing of the black plague
victims
>Body:
We are currently accommodating black plague victims
from the satellite bases in the medical unit. Entry
to certain predetermined areas is restricted.

Applicable Area: Parts of the Laboratory Infirmary

>Sender: Kiritani_Ya@FE-MED.org
>Subject: (URGENT) Medical facility usage notes
>Body:
With the admission of black plague victims, there
have been several changes in schedule and locations
for regular medical checks. Please make sure to check
your appointment tickets before your visit.

>Sender: Satellite Mailing List - Romeo
>Subject: (Cc: All) Guard Duty
>Body:
My first guard duty at the satellite base is done! It
was a nonstop roller coaster ride of fighting and
fighting and fighting. But everybody worked together
to finish off all the baddies. Everyone who helped
out, thank you so much!! Let's keep up the great work
to fight for their safety!

In the lobby, Ciel catches you before entering the lounge.

: "Those consecutive missions went well! I thought it would be long, but it was over before I knew it. With our success, we'll likely see morel ike it. I'll keep making bullets to ensure we're covered."

It seems terribly busy on the right-hand side of the lounge, half of Blood is there, along with Kota, and a terribly excited Mutsumi is behind the counter.

: "Alisa is back! Now I have to prepare her next cooking lesson. ...Maybe I'd better ask Dr. Sakaki for extra supplies..."

: "Did someone say that Alisa is back? I wonder if she's mellowed out over at Cradle. She used to have a real temper... but now she's more friendly... Well, I hope you can get along!"

: "I felt like I could barely handle those consecutive missions! Any my oden sandwiches were only barely fresh... I'll have to work on improving those."

Romeo and Gil are watching the TV on opposite sofas.

: "I hadn't seen Alisa in a while. She seems well. She was in the elevator, going to see Dr. Sakaki. But...she's really pretty, don't you think? The Far East Branch knows no end..."

: "Seeing the state of the satellite base with my own eyes has made me think about the reason we fight.

I need...to be stronger..."

In the Infirmary hallway slash waiting room, Julius is speaking with Yuno and Satsuki. Satsuki breaks off first.

: "Ah, Vice Captain. Thanks for helping with the wall repairs!"

>I'd do it anytime.

"Such kindness for someone in Fenrir! You better watch out or you'll get my hopes up! In all seriousness, thank you for everything. I hope I can count on your help again."

: "We've begun transferring the plague victims to the Den's infirmary. Thanks to our aid, the repairs were successful. I hope life will be a little better in the base..."

: "Thank you two, truly. I never imagined we could secure the use of the Far East Branch's infirmary."

: "...Now all we need to do is wait for a cure."

: "We're treating the black plague victims here. Direct contact with the victims could transmit the plague, so please take extreme caution."

Inside the non-critical (as much as non-critical can be for the black plague) infirmary wing, the only awake patient is that kiddo from the other day.

: "Oh, it's you again! Did you come here to play with me?"

>Yep

"Heh heh... Glad to hear it! But they told me I have to rest now. Come back again, so we can play!"

Yae shoos you out, and with procrastination finished, you head on up to Dr. Sakaki's office.

: "It's been al ong time, Vice Captain. Thank you for ptotecting the satellite base. You even helped take in the plague victims. Cradle should have handled it, but we had our hands full... But..while I've got your ear...I'd like to talk to you about something, if you could spare the time."

>Sure

"I'm glad to hear it. Would you mind joining me in the Lounge?"

Click here to view.

: "From now on, we'll be able to take missions on behalf of Cradle, won't we? Let's give it our best! I wouldn't want to cause Alisa any trouble!"

Rolling his eyes, Gil comments.

: "That Romeo is a piece of work... It's one after the other with him. Cypress, then Yuno, then Alisa... He's all over the place."

(U: I like Gilbert.)

: "I've recieved a new mission for Blood, specifically...

A psion, a Kabbala Kabbala, has taken the mountain reservoir facility as its stronghold. Work with the rest of the Blood Unit to eliminate it. The Kabbala Kabbala appears to be out wandering the mountains, and only a single Ravana is near the reservoir. It would be best to take it out while it is still alone."

Click here to view.

>Sender: Amiella_Al@NornOS.net
>Subject: Thank you for your help
>Body:
Thank you very much for your help with the Kabbala
Kabbala. Despite the suddenness of our request, you
responded quickly to resolve the situation. Thanks to
you, I think we may finally have a way to counter the
psions. If you ever need any help, don't be afraid to
ask. I'll do anything i can to help. I hope to work
with you again soon!

>Sender: Daiba_Ka@NornOS.net
>Subject: Nice To Meet You
>Body:
i didn't really understand what was going on back
there. sorry for spacing on you! let's try this again:
i'm kanon daiba. i'm hoping to help you guys out as
much as possible, but i think that'll take a while.
i'm going to keep at it and give you a status update
once in awhile. nice meeting you!

Riding the elevator down, there's a din of voices in the lobby - it's packed.

: "Supporting the satellite bse, taking over as an instructor... You've been taking on a lot of work. If you ever get too much to handle, let me help. I don't want you working yourself sick."

: "Yuno is from Nemus Diana. The satellite bases use their technology for the anti-Aragami walls. Since their walls' upkeep only requires minute amounts of Oracle matter, they can be independent. It's based on tech originally developed at Aegis, but Yunos father worked on his own to finish it."

: "Nemus Diana, huh... I wish I could go there sometime! Alisa's unit has been there, but..."

>Why can't you go there?

"The people there don't like Fenrir. It seems they only trust Cradle. Since it has to do with Yuno, I've memorized everything that's in the Database about it."

Down in the pit, Licca and Ciel are going over paperwork.

: "When I perform maintenance on a God Arc, I can get a read of its owner's personality and quirks. For example, Gil's feels sincere...while Romeo's gives off an impression of trial-by-errors..."

: "Blood's periodic report is coming up soon... Leave all the documentation to me!"

Opening the door to the Lounge, you hear a commotion from the bar.

: "Whaaa?! Mutsumi, you've never watched Bugarally?! But it's way better than almost every other anime! I've recordever every episode into my Terminal. I'll show you one episdoe and you'll be hooked!"

: "I've just never had much time for TV. If it's as good as you say, I guess I could give it a try..."

You see other people relaxing around the lounge, but you'd rather put some distance in between you and Kota and head off towards the infirmary.

Julius and Satsuki are in the waiting room.

: "I hear HQ welcomed our results on the extended mission. They might even give us more support..."

: "I never thought he'd actually be able to help the victims. I broadcast a special report on it... And people must have watched, because now even HQ is going to help out. It just...feels so good!"

You duck into Asuna's room to see how she's doing.

: "Oh! It's you, Blood! Hey, hey, there's a capybara here, isn't there? Ahhh, I want to get better soon! I have to pet that capybara!"

Finishing up the rounds brings you to Dr. Sakaki's office, he greets you upon seeing who it is.

: "Asuna has really taken to Yuno. They're always together. We still don't have an effective cure for the black plague. I'm hopeful for Dr. Rachel's research, but... For now, I want to at least provide them sanitary rooms, ample meals, and regular checkups..."

: "I have a new mission for Blood, specifically...

Two powerful mid-sized Aragami have appeared in the grasslands, a Gboro-Gboro an an Ukonvasara. Eliminate both of them. Be careful of the Gboro-Gboro's ranged attacks and of the Ukonvasara's charge. Isolate and eliminate. Good hunting."

Click here to view.

Alisa

Click here to view
Learns Mutual Burst 1: When transferring Aragami bullets, the link burst increases by 2.

Kanon

Click here to view
Her blast gun can now utilize a modern OP reserve tank, which means she can use more powerful damaging and support bullets.

Kota

Click here to view
Nothing was learned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

So is the thing with Kate implying that the Aragami we're killing were people once?

• Locked thread