Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

The origin of Aragami isn't explained aside from them appearing, and there was a world-wide war involving every nation in a fight for survival. It could be that some Aragami were once human, but were grossly mutated due to them eating anything edible. Most Aragami coalesced from Oracle particles and consumed until they formed their bodies. Because of this, fighting Aragami to extinction is thought to be an impossible task, however the God Eaters keep fighting to protect the remaining strongholds of humanity.

There's actual population rebound in this games time period, but the worldwide appearance of Red Rain roughly six months ago, and new type Aragami, has put a wrench in the works. The only God Eater group that can fight off the new types is the Blood unit, and they're just six teenagers and young adults. Even then, Red Rain is nearly unpredictable, and the resulting black plague is 100% lethal, no exceptions. Fenrir has protective clothing, however it cannot resist blows in Aragami combat.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

In the upper section of the lobby, Haruomi is reclining in the booth.

: "Hey there, is everything working out with Kanon? There's nothing to worry about! I wouldn't have entrusted her to you if I didn't believe in you."

In the pit, a concerned Ciel and Gil are speaking with one another.

"Something's bothering me... Did Nana faint... because my mission report went on too long...?"

"Well, regardless... I think some time off might be for the best."

Continuing your rounds approaching the lounge doors, Kota exits and and intercepts you.

: "The satellite base's walls are as good as new, and we're through the first wave of patient transfers. Thanks for everything you've done!"

Inside the lounge, Kanon and Mutsumi are gabbing at the bar, Julius on the opposite end, and Nana setting up the pool table.

: "Mutsumi! That snack you made was absolutely delicious! Could you make it again sometime?"

: "Sure! Sometimes it's nice to have mochi that's not all sweet."

Checking in on Nana, she seems none worse for wear after that fainting.

: "Sorry to worry you earlier! I'm fine now."

>You could take time off.

"I'll get bad karma if I take a leave over a little thing like this. I'm fine. Don't worry!"

"I'll keep an eye on her, Kimberly."

Julius turned on the barstool to speak with you.

: "I saw Dr. Rachel going into the branch director's office. They're probably talking about Nana. I believe she was looking for you too... Do you have any idea why?"

You arrive at Dr. Sakaki's office, as rumored, Dr. Rachel is present.

: "Come in Vice Captain, Dr. Rachel wants a word with you." Gestures towards Rachel.

: "Sweet Kimberly. It's been a while. But to get right to business... I need to talk to you about Nana. Have you ever heard of "God Eater Children?"

>I haven't.

"God Eater Children are... she pauses to collect her thoughts. They're the children of God Eater parents, born with a Bias Factor inside them."

>And Nana is...

"Exactly. She's a God Eater child. Her mother was a God Eater, but she was orphaned as early as she can remember. Then I took her in. She was a girl with an incredible inner strength, and stabilizing her Bias Factor took many years. But now, I think she might have fainted because her Blood Power is beginning to awaken. I want you to support her. With your power to Evoke, you can see her safely through this ordeal.

Your team is as much a family as one bound by blood. Please guide her with your shared strength.

Please look after Nana."

: "I'm sorry I failed to understand what's happening with Nana. I'll be more careful from here on out."

It's still visiting hour in the infirmary, so you decide to check in on Asuna.

: "When I heard that someone fainted, I thought I'd fold her some paper cranes. But it didn't go very well... Mybe I should ask the nurse to teach me how."

: "I've received a new mission for Blood, specifically...

A Chi-You has been detected in the temple ruins, leading a large herd of Ogretails and Dreadpikes. Cut off the head and the body will fall. The small fry will be troublesome if they attack en masse. Deal with the small fry, then eliminate your primary objective."

Click here to view.

The 1st and 4th clear a path for you all to the helicopter. Arriving back in the branch, you hurriedly escort Nana into the intensive care ward in Dr. Sakaki's laboratory. Julius and Ciel assist and accompany you along the way.

: "Nana's under observation. Her Blood Power should be contained while she's in there."

>Is Nana okay?

"I'm prepared to expressly to explain all that. When your Blood Powers manifest, you emit a strong bias field pulse. An anomalous bias field pulse triggered the Aragami's abnormal behavior... I suspect it came from Nana."

>She...attracted the Aragami?

"Yes, I think so... It might be more accurate to say her Blood Power awakened before she could control it. In any event, it might be best to wait for her mental health to stabilize before you can see her. Upon seeing the looks on your faces, he continues.

Come now, there's no need to worry. She's not that weak, after all."

: "I wonder if she really is ok. Nana losing her appetite..."

: "An anomaly with the bias field pulse... Does Blood Power activate differently in each person?"

In the infirmary hallway, Yuno is waiting for the door to open to the laboratory, while her manager is busy on her cellphone.

: "Is Nana okay? Maybe this is the result of her working so hard in transporting the plague victims..."

: Sighing upon hanging up. "The trailer has to be serviced soon... If only some little helper elves would just do it for me!"

Since you're here, you check in on Asuna... and apparently several strings of paper cranes.

: "Hey, look! She shows you a freshly finished crane. A nurse helped me out and I've already folded 100 paper cranes! You know about paper cranes, right? Fold a thousand and you get your wish! So we gotta keep going!"

The lobby is noticeably empty, and you can hear the rumbling of A/C vents over the humming of the terminal bank. Aside from Hibari at her desk, only Kota is present. He's plugging away at a handheld which he stows before speaking with you.

: "That was some showing by the Aragami... I was afraid we were too late! How did it get that bad so fast? They came out of nowhere, like they were following orders..."

You duck into the lounge to see who is lurking about. And are quickly accosted by your fellow knight errant.

: "We have, to an extent, driven off the Aragami that were amassing! No need to thank me! I just did what comes naturally to me as a knight!"

Peeling yourself away from Emil, you take glance over who else is present...

: "I'm making some oden sandwiches to help Nana feel better. I'm just not sure how many to make... Five should be enough for starters...right?"

: "I've never seen her cry like that. She's alays so gratingly pleasant. I'll help you make some oden sandwiches too, Mutsumi."

Licca finishes her drink and gets up off her barstool.

: "Looks like things got pretty rough out there... I'm glad you all made it back safely. I need to go examine your God Arcs before the next mission."

: "I've received a new mission for Blood, specifically...

Defeat three Yaksha in the ruins of the Old City. Yaksha are attracted by sound, and fighting three at once is exceedingly dangerous. Equipment that reduces combat noise is recommended. Their movement patterns have already been analyzed. Keep an eye on your map while you finish each one off."

Click here to view.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

A calm Dr. Sakaki is going over damage reports as you burst into the lab. Almost as if expecting you, he begins apologizing as the multitasking begins.

: "I'm truely sorry. Nana claimed to have stomach pains... I panicked, opened the door, and that's when she bolted off. I never thought she would tell lies in order to protect this place... She's fighting by herself out there... You Blood are the only ones who can save her."

As you begin to turn away, Dr. Sakaki stops you again, this time with his full attention on you.

"The Far East Branch supports you as always and welcomes you anytime. Understood?"

In the hallway outside...

: "We talked a lot in the lounge. She was so gentle and so happy... The people you meet are so kind, but have their own sadness... I understand that now."

: "She hopped in my trailer and just run off to wherever she pleased! I mean, apparently the damage in the Far East was minimal thanks to her, but... I just don't like the whole, "everyone was saved thanks to one person's sacrifice" situation. Look, vice captain, just tell Nana all will be forgiven if she helps me service the trailer."

: "Nana just showed up here at the vault, demanding I hand over her God Arc right away. I thought she was going to take one by force if she felt she had to, so I gave her one. I can't believe she ran out of here by herself!"

Little Asuna in the infirmary dutifully continues working on her strings of paper cranes. Reaching five hundred gives her renewed enthusiasm in finishing the rest.

In the upper lobby, Emil and Erina arrive from the helipad elevator, slightly worse for wear.

: "The Den's been attacked! Aragami invaded the Outer Ghetto while you and the rest of Blood were out on a mission. Nana was-"

: "Those heinous fiends! Targeting such dilapidated places! Do they mean to lure her out? Taking advantage of Nana's kindess makes it all the more heinous!"

In the pit, Blood is assembling around Hibari's desk.

: "Her Blood Power attracts Aragami... That's an ABILITY, right? Chuckling while shaking his head, he continues. Could save us time looking for enemies, sounds useful. Let's get her back ASAP."

: "Nana must of been worried about this ever since she was young... Let's go. We're the only ones who can get close to her."

: "If... If we bring her back, let's at least be nice about it, okay? She likes us, and I know she just didn't want to burden us...so I kinda understand how she feels..."

: "Nana's Blood Power is still running wild. I fear she may be turning herself into a decoy by using it. We're bringing our runaway girl back home.

Got it?"

: "The Far East won't yield to these foul Aragami! Go, find Nana quickly!

The Aragami swarm that attacked the Far East Branch was lured to the temple ruins by her Blood Power. Rescue her, but remember her Blood Power will continue to draw additional Aragami to the fray."

Click here to view.

(U :unsmith: )

: You have unread mail.
.
.
.

>Sender: Kozuki_Na@NornOS.net
>Subject: Sorry for worrying you!
>Body:
I didn't want to be a bother to everyone, so I
thought I had to leave Blood... But I really didn't
want to leave everyone! That's why I was sooooooooo
happy when you told me I could stay just like always.
I know I said the oden sandwich was all cold or
whatever, but it was actually the most delicious one
I've ever had! ...Augh! I'm getting all worked up and
sweaty for some reason... Anyway, I'm glad to be
back!

Thank you Kimberly!!

>Sender: Sakaki_Pa@FarEast.gov
>Subject: I need to speak with you
>Body:
Vice Captain, please meet me in my office, I have
something I need to discuss with you regarding Nana.

.
.
.
: No unread mail.

You meet Satsuki outside of your apartment.

: "Ah, Vice Captain! Nana came and apologized to me. She also helped service the trailer. Thought I use the term "help" loosely..."

Only the faint hum of the lights overhead can be heard in the executive floor as you make your way to the director's office.

: "Vice Captain of the Blood Unit? Good, you're here. I have something to tell you about Nana. It's good news. She no longer needs to be kept under observation. She's stabilized, thanks to all of you. She's in good health and her power's under control."

>We have to tell her!

"That won't be necessary. I told her before anyone else. Just don't forget that her Blood Power draws the Aragami's attention. She could become bait. Communicating with the Aragami, though... Now that might be worth studying.

That was all. Thank you for Blood's continued service to the Far East Branch."

Asuna's been working like a machine lately, and lets out a yawn as she finishes folding her thousandth paper crane.

Down in the lobby, Kota is working off energy pacing around on the wood panels, while Haru looks on with lazy bemusement from his spot in the booth.

: "Nana's back! Let's keep the good vibes going and get back to business!"

: "Just another day in the Den, huh? That's a relief. I guess I should get moving too. Let's see... Who should my next target be?"

Inside the lounge, the Blood unit dominates the scene. Ciel greets you first as she was heading out.

: "Kimberly, I just spoke with Nana. She was in a really great mood. Seeing her smile like that realy warmed my heart."

Julius is speaking with Nana, Romeo's off to the side listening. Nearby, sitting at the bar, Gil appears to be visibly annoyed while waiting for service.

: "Unbelieveable... Making us waste all that time... I wanted to celebrate her return, but I guess we don't need to - she's happy enough as it is."

: "She's got a bigger appetite than ever! Good thing I made so many sandwiches. I was shocked when she stuck out her tongue and said she ate all ten. I'm...I'm going to have to requisition more supplies..."

You apparently arrived just in time to hear Julius chewing out Nana.

: "Nana, your actions were selfish as well as reckless - they are not to be commended. However, they also saved the Far East Branch. It is on these grounds that I pardon this incident.

That is the outline of my report to Friar. Really, I'm just glad you got back safely."

Or not.

: "I saw Asuna's cranes when I came back to my room. I didn't mean to make you all worry... But, thanks to that, I'm not able to control my Blood Power - Attract! They said I'll have to train a lot to master it, but I don't have to hold back my emotions anymore!

Which means I'll fight extra hard to repay you guys! Count on it!"

: "Your Blood Power awakened too? Congratulations! You guys are amazing, getting so strong so fast!"

Making your way to the pit, Kanon and Licca are present, albeit on opposite ends.

: "Blood Arts.. Is that what they were called? Those things are so cool, aren't they?! I wanna learn a cool special move like that sometime."

: "Nana's God Arc felt...happy, somehow. As if some evil spirit had been driven out of it. It's nice that you can all count on each other in Blood."

: "I have a new mission for Blood, specifically...

Eliminate the Garm that has appeared in the old subway station. Ranged attacks from an infestation of Cocoon Maidens will make fighting the Garm more difficult than it otherwise would be. Avoid them, and challenge the Garm where it is cut off from its allies."

Click here to view.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Rachel loves this poo poo just a little too much.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

You hear some commotion outside your apartment. Upon opening the door, you see Haruomi chuckling to himself.

: "Aw man, that was cold! Satsuki just shot me down, smiling the whole time. But it's been ages since I've seen that kind of spine-tingling smile. I better leave her alone..."

He makes his way to the elevator, and you politely knock on the door to Yuno's quarters. And consider filing a harassment report.

"Come in!"

: "Hello Kimberly! Ah, excuse me, sorry. Satsuki, what does tomorrow's schedule look like?"

"A morning meet-and-greet with fans at Fenrir HQ and shows at the satellite bases afterward. Hmm... Aren't you working a bit too much lately? If you get sick, we're sunk!"

"Yeah...but I want to do everything I can while I still have the chance... Lately, Kimberly, I've been all over the place, asking for support." Her cell phone rings. "Hang on, I need to take this call..."

: "Ugh, I really don't want to do the meet-and-greet. Maybe I'll just secretly cancel it."

"Satsukiiiii! Don't go randomly changing my schedule, okay?"

They seem sort of busy, and you excuse yourself.

"So, Kim..."

Romeo catches you as soon as the elevator doors open.

: "Personal question, but did you do anything special before your Blood Power awoke?"

>A mission with Emil.

"Emil? Nah, no way he's the trigger - are you kidding? R-Remember, I never asked about this! I'm trusting you, Kim!"

Speaking of Emil, he looks up from the terminal nearby.

: "As presumptuous as it may be, I overheard your talk about relationships. I'm spectacularly moved!"

: "I see light in your strong, caring heart! I am with you until the day we all beat back the darkness!"

He respectfully bows and turns back towards his work on the terminal.

In the lounge, Erina is chowing down on dinner, Licca and Gil are in the middle of a game of pool, and Nana and Ciel are crowding around the capybara pen again. You approach Licca as she is waiting on Gil to break.

: "I wonder if Dr. Sakaki actually ordered the additional research materials I asked for... I got a bad feeling he didn't. I'll have to ask him myself."

Meanwhile, in a certain director's office.

: Sighing heavily. "Crap... I should of ordered those research materials Licca asked me for... Is it too late, I wonder... Will she let me off the hook if I just apologize?"

Gil breaks and Licca begins her turn.

: Gesturing towards the girls around the pen. "What are they making such a fuss about...? Of COURSE living things are going to get bigger. That one got bigger too. That's a good thing, isn't it?"

Out of curiosity, you take a look in the pen.

If anything, it doesn't look that much bigger to you.

: "Hm... Is it...getting bigger?"

: "That shouldn't be possible. It's a miniature breed. It won't grow to be very large."

"Although, it IS getting some meat on its bones. It's almost twice as big as before, no?"

"That's totally... It's just your imagination... There's just no way this thing's getting bigger..."

Leaving them to the capybara, you exit back into the lobby, and notice Julius in the pit area.

: "According to a periodic dispatch from Friar, red raid forecasting research has made some progress. If it can be put to practical use, we may be able to keep the number of victims from rising."

: "I have a new mission for Blood, specifically...

A single Kongou, and Borg Camlann are charging across the plains toward the Far East Branch. Take this opportunity to end their dreams of conquest. The Borg Camlann is several kilometers behind the Kongou, and it will take some time before it catches up."

Click here to view.

Heading to the lounge for a bite to eat, you notice the proprietor is missing - a rare sight - but it's still holding several people, however Nana and Licca meet you first.

: "Hey Kim, did something happen? Romeo went to see Dr. Sakaki with a really serious look on his face."

: "He keeps messing with his God Arc. I hear he wants to power it up, but he's hurting his own cause. It's my job to manage all that. I wish you'd give him some advice too, Vice Captain."

Taking the hint, you head up to the Director's Office.

"Dammit!"

: "Blood would be perfect if I had a Blood Power too! I-I mean, I'm already strong enough right now as it is..."

: "Blood Power is determined by the P66 Bias Factor. Only Dr. Rachel understands its true nature."

"But can't you do something, Dr. Sakaki? Something to like...increase my chances of awakening?"

Sakaki, slightly exasperated, replies. "Even Dr. Rachel relies on the vice captain's Evoke power for Blood Awakening! Heh... This is tough. I know how you feel, Romeo, but what you're asking for is extremely difficult."

The feeling of trying to belong somewhere... You can understand what Romeo is going through as well. Hoping he has enough patience for it to come naturally, you do, however, remember the powers of your fellow Blood being awoken in the crucible of emotion. It is likely going to take the same level of intensity for Romeo.

: "I have a new mission for Blood, specifically...

"A Kabbala Kabbala has once again appeared in the mountain reservoir facility, this time with an Ukonvasara sitting at the entrance like a guard... lizard. Destroy the both of them. After engaging, there should be a slight delay before the Kabbala Kabbala can join the battle. Blood Unit members are required to fight this psion."

Click here to view.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

SSNeoman posted:

So is the thing with Kate implying that the Aragami we're killing were people once?

*Snip*

[No spoilers allowed! -Jordan]

Somebody fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Oct 18, 2016

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Would you mind editing that out, please? No spoilers on future things.

Ulvirich fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Oct 18, 2016

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah this was my problem with the heavy blades from Monster Hunter. It feels like you -just- don't have enough time to pull off a combo for some foes.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

: You have unread mail.
.
.
.

>Sender: Satsuki@YunoIdol.net
>Subject: Humanitarian Efforts
>Body:
Hello vice captain Kimberly, a little status report
for you.

We've accommodated all of the registered black plague
patients, and it seems like Friar's research into a
cure is making progress. I'd say "thanks to Fenrir,"
but it's really thanks for Fenrir's volunteers.

Thank you, a million times over! I mean it!

.
.
.
: No unread mail.

Turning your cell off, Asuna continues.

: "Even some rich people are God Eaters... Satsuki says the usually get out of it with, um... bribes? But we're protected by our mission... Yeah, Emil is so cool!"

Yae ushers you out of the room since visiting hours are over, and you make your way down to the lobby.

Standing in front of the booth, Nana and Romeo are chatting it up.

: "Julius has Control, Kimberly has Evoke, Ciel has Intuit, Gil has Inspire, and you've got Attract! What Blood Power is sleeping inside me? I gotta wake that sleepyhead up somehow, right?"

Noticing you before Romeo, Nana waves at you.

: "Ah, Kim! The captain was looking for you!" She gestures down in the pit.

: "Ah, Vice Captain. You've come at a good time. This is rather sudden, but have you noticed any strange behavior from Romeo lately?"

>Well, perhaps

"I see... so the changes are small, but I'm not the only one who's noticed. Personal problems are difficult for everyone. Keep an eye on his behavior, vice captain."

In the lounge, Kota is watching some anime you don't know the name of on the big screen, Yuno is speaking with Ciel and Damian, and Gil is apparently contemplating over on the sofa. Mutsumi greets you as you walk in the door.

: "Hey there! Would you like some tea? Maybe some food?"

Saying hi to Kota, he peels his eyes off of the episode and invites you to watch along.

: "Y'know, for some reason this reminds me. Nana's parents were God Eaters, right? That must be why she has those abilities. Which means if I raise a family, my kids might have special abilities too..."

Declining the invitation, Kota shrugs and gets back to watching as you see what the rest of the crowd is up to.

: "This is a nice lounge, huh? You can meet everyone in the Far EAst Branch here and get to know them." Sighing, she continues. "I should go back to my room and rehearse soon."

: "Well, how about you rehearse right here? I don't think anyone here would mind."

Yuno replies. "Thank you, but that's a little embarrassing..."

: "Yuno, your songs are great link support if you ask me! When I'm on standby, listening to the radio helps me forget that I'm a pawn in this war."

: "Everyone has their skills. Honestly, I think I'm better at scouting and support than combat. Regardless of what you want, that's just how things go. Kind of like how you became vice captain..."

Gil looks up as you approach.

: "Kimberly. So, Ciel and Nana had issues of their own, but...

When I tried to relate through their pasts as a friend, I was finally able to connect... Is this how it works?"

Mutsumi finishes up your meal, and you dig in. Needless to say, having freshly cooked food is leagues tastier than energy bars.

: "We don't have any offical missions available right now... However, Nana has asked Blood to participate in a mission. Do you know anything about this?"

You make your way back up to Nana.

: "I asked Licca to try the rations i made before, but she said "No thanks..." right away... Licca's amazing, though! She uses every ingredient, even if she doesn't eat it! So I asked her for a lot of advice and now I need some ingredients. Can you give me a hand?"

>Sure!

"Really?! Thanks! Alright, so this is what I need...

I'm developing a new Restore Pill with the backing of the Far East Branch, and i need your help to gather materials from the park in Academy City. There's a Gboro-Gboro, and charged Cocoon Maidens and their cores could come in handy with my project. Let's finish this in a flash!"

Click here to view.

: You have unread mail.
.
.
.

>Sender: Leoni_Ro@NornOS.net
>Subject: I've Been Thinking
>Body:
People's Blood Powers are waking up left and right
lately. That's great and all, but I honestly didn't
think Nana would beat me to it. I guess I'm just a
late bloomer, so you'll have to wait a bit longer.

I'm not gonna give up, though.

.
.
.
: No unread mail.

You apologize to Asuna for again taking the phone out.

: "That's okay Kimmy! Oh! And earlier for lunch I had a biiiig ear of corn! I mean REALLY big!" She spreads her arms exaggeratingly, "The satellite didn't have those!"

In the lobby, the elevator door opens to reveal two pairs talking to one another; Julius and Yuno in front of the terminals, and Erina and Daiba over in the booth. Julius was waiting on the elevator apparently, and begins addressing you as you exit the car.

: "Situation Report: There's been a supply shipment. I alone will return to Friar. We've collected enough cores from the psions. They might be the key to curing the black plague. Apologies for leaving you temporaily don a man. I wish you all the best of luck while I'm away."

: "I'm happy to hear that research seems to be progressing. I hope we can find a cure soon."

In the booth, an exhausted Kanon and Erina are resting.

: "Let's take a little break before we report to Dr. Sakaki."

: "S-Sorry. I was trying to go help you..."

"No need to apologize, I made it back thanks to you!"

Sighing after taking a sip from her drink, Kanon notices you and comments. "That last mission was a bit tough. I'm exhausted... Were vitamin drinks always this tasty?"

Down in the pit, Licca and Damian are working on some esoteric machinery.

: "Romeo wants to power up his God Arc. It's all he's done lately, and he's starting to overdo it. He's really got a thirst for power. All young God Eaters go through this phase at least once."

: "Did you hear that? Sounds like they picked up a lot of psion cores. It'd be nice of black plague research keeps movin'."

In the lounge, there's a big platter of rice balls towering over Mutsumi, Gil eating one, while Ciel is overseeing Nana and Romeo discuss tactics.

: "Julius said he's returning to Friar, so I made a bunch of rice balls! So, of course, that's today's special! Take some! I, uh, actually made way too many..." Giggling, she shoves a few in your hands.

: "Romeo's a little too pumped up. But - no, maybe this is normal? I can't tell... Still...it's a little suspicious..."

: "Blood's abilities get more diverse every time someone's Blood Power awakens. And I want to incorporate Nana's power as a tactic, as well."

: "Okay, here we go - I was just thinking about the strategy for my next mission with Nana! My Buster and Nana's hammer are similar. What they lack in speed, they make up for with firepower! So, while you're dealing with the Aragami, we'll aim for the weakpoints and take them out!"

: "But if I activate my Blood Art, the Aragami will be drawn by my Blood Power."

Not skipping a beat, Romeo replies, "Oh, I see! That's fine. We'll just go with the flow!"

"So...pretty much the same as always, right?"

"Yeah, I guess so. Okay, let's finish up ! Everybody, get ready so we can move out!"

Approaching Nana, she excitedly gets your attention.

: "Kim! The medical test results are out! I'm SO relieved mine was normal. I can even get my medical exams done in the Far East now! I won't have to worry everyone anymore."

: "I've received a new mission for Blood, specifically...

Exterminate the Aragami nesting in the temple ruins. Two polar Ogretails are currently present, but a Kongou and Ravana are fast approaching. Finish the Ogretails quickly, then move to intercept the other Aragami before they link up. While both have keen hearing, the Ravana's tendency to investigate any sound can be used against it."

Click here to view.

Character Episodes unlocked this update:

Nana

Click here to watch
Skill learned: Trap Stock II, gives two uses of snare trap. And also shows off the Aragami that only spawns in free missions.

Ulvirich fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Oct 18, 2016

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Oh so the Abaddon's basically like a metal slime

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Basically, yeah. Just gives you an (bronze, silver, gold, etc) A Ticket appropriate for the given tier. There's also a cutesy Abaddon hat accessory you can wear.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

: You have unread mail.
.
.
.

>Sender: Daiba_Ka@NornOS.net
>Subject: Status Report
>Body:
I went on a mission with Gil! He really floats like a
butterfly and stings like a bee out there! But I
realized he's always watching the Aragami too!
There's one more thing. He kept looking at me while
he was fighting. Almost like there was an Aragami
behind me or something. Could that mean...he was
worried about me?!

.
.
.
: No unread mail.

Next door, in Yuno's apartment.

: "What are those HQ guys doing? I'm betting there's no one but corrupt scum there, anyway. What's this "wine and dine us and we'll consider helping" BS? Just thinking about it burns me up!"

: "I wonder if Friar is making progress on plague research using the psion cores..."

"Dr. Sakaki!"

A fuming Licca has cornered the director in his room.

: "I've told you time and time again to stop using our research materials, haven't I?!"

: "Sorry, sorry! I wanted to test something quickly... I'll be more careful!"

"Seriously... how many times have you done this now?"

"I will pay you back for the supplies I used. I got too focused on my research - a bad habit - and needed materials from maintenance. I will put in a request right now."

Taking the elevator down, your fellow knight, Emil is attempting to deal with Erina and turns to you for assistance.

: ""Everyone has their specialties! You should do what comes naturally to you." is what I said to her. Then she got upset with me, much to my surprise. How can I apologize?"

: With her back to Emil. "I'm better suited to close-range than long-range combat!" With a huff. "How does HE know that?! I'll grant him that all my spear practice has come at the expense of my gun skills, but... That's because I'm working on my weak points! Giving up wouldn't have gotten me anywhere!"

You attempt to give Emil some advice, which is slightly difficult since you need to translate to his mindset.

Saddling up to a stool next to Alisa in the lounge, Kota begins speaking with Alisa.

: "Hey, Alisa, are the satellite bases okay? I've heard things are really rough out there lately."

: "There are obstacles no matter what. You can't make progress if you worry about every little thing."

Chuckling, Kota replies. "You haven't changed at all. I feel a bit better now."

"Satellite base construction is not on schedule, due to the psions and red rain. But if we can even begin to solve those two problems, progress will leap forward."

Overhearing the discussion, Kanon begins thinking to herself.

: "Alisa, I think you've grown up a little since I last saw you. Just a little..." Determination crosses her face. "I won't get left behind, though! I'm gonna grow up too!"

You manage to get Erina turned around and get her back to speaking terms with Emil at last and head down to the pit to see what is up with Nana and Gil.

: "Hmm... Does Romeo seem fidgety to you? The way he was moving during that last mission..."

: "That guy... I'm concerned that he's just spinning his wheels."

Speak of the devil, Romeo begins strutting down the short staircase. Gil and Nana excuse themselves and get back to preparing for the next mission.

: "Man, I am feeling so on top of my game! I feel like I could do anything right now! I don't know if it's the psions or what, but my Buster Blade could take any Aragami in one swing! I'm gonna be all over the next mission!" Gesturing to you all You better prepare yourselves!"

: "I've received a new mission for Blood, specifically...

Our advanced forces have managed to isolate a Borg Camlann and lure it to the old dam. Form a party to hunt it down immediately. The battlefield is wide and offers many options for a clever fighter. This will be a good place to show off everything you have learned."

Click here to view.

Emil and Erina in the upper section of the lobby are peering down from the booth to Gil and Romeo being quite chilly with one another.

: "My goodness, that was quite the heated exchange of words. From my perspective, Gil had reason on his side."

: "I think Romeo's...actions have some kind of meaning. I mean, it never looks to me like he's joking around. It looks to me like he's desperately fighting something..."

Finishing up a report to Julius, you hear a knock on your door.

: "Excuse the intrusion, Kimberly. There's been another...discussion between Gil and Romeo. It feels like our teamwork has been seriously lacking lately, to put it lightly."

Sighing, you thank Ciel, and make your way down to the lobby.

The atmosphere is pretty sombre, Alisa down in the pit speaks with you when you reach the landing.

: "Managing people is tough work... We're in different units, but you can talk to me as a fellow God Eater any time."

Stomping off, Gil pauses near you.

: "I swear... At this rate, he'll ruin himself."

Still confrontational, Romeo sees you coming.

: "What/ I'm fine. I just got a little worked up 'cause Gil came at me like that. But I'm good now. I'm good, okay?"

This is one hefty lie he keeps telling himself, you think. Giving him a warning to keep it together, you make your way up to the lounge.

Seeing Nana watching TV with Kota, you make a beeline towards her first.

: "Gil's getting upset too, that's no good... Let's all take a deep breath and work together! We've been doing well so far, but things got weird somewhere along the way."

: "You guys fight too, eh? You always seemed to get along so well! You might say you all get along TOO well, and that's why you fight." He pauses, thinking "Wait... Does that mean Erina and Emil get along? They always fight, though... Like, all the time..."

Over at the bar, somehow Haruomi is reclining on a backless stool and an uncomfortable Mutsumi is stirring up a drink.

: "Well, composure is important. Like when you want to talk to a beautiful woman without panicking, for instance."

: Sighing, she slides the drink over. 'Why are you always like this, Haru? You should be more serious."

Over at the pool table, you see Kanon lining up a shot... and narrowly avoid being pegged in the head with a flying cue ball.

: "I'm so sorry, Instructor, are you OK?! I heard playing pool improves concentration and accuracy, and now I'm wondering if that's true..."

You spend some time demonstrating how to properly hold a cue stick. She manages to not hold it like a golf club for the next shot.

: "I've received a new mission for Blood, specifically...

A Vajra driven from the Outer Ghetto has fled to the plains. Chase it down and destroy it. Fiery Cocoon Maidens, and a Yaksha have been spotted nearby, but your primary target is the Vajra, and the Vajra alone."

Click here to view.

Character Episodes unlocked this update:

Click here to watch

Worldwalker_Pure posted:

Nana's Blood Art is a renamed Gaia Impact, which is the aerial Triangle attack with the Boost Hammer. It makes Oracle spikes appear when the hammer hits the ground; as it levels up more spikes appear and they can block projectile attacks from Aragami.

Ulvirich fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 19, 2016

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Alright, so all those God Arc parts, a lot of them are near-useless. There's an option I haven't shown off yet:

Which takes you to this screen.

On the left is a uncategorized list of all the God Arc Parts you've collected thus far. You can sort by Weapon/weapon type/Gun/Gun Type/Shield/Shield type, and organize it by skill type, level, and when you acquired it.

You need three parts in order to gamble on a new piece, so let's shove the first three parts into it.

Throwing in a blast gun, a shield and a scythe part gets us a question mark and a beating green bar. This means that the part to be made is going to be an unknown part type, and it's going to be the lowest quality.

Shoving in three-of-a-kind as so, results in the same quality, however it will guaranteed to be a short blade part. Now let's shove in a few more parts.

When you go up in quality, the colors will start to change. It goes from Green, to purple, to blue, to gold, and the bar will get more intense. Skills with +1 next to them are worth more, by weight, compared to parts without.

Once you get to solid gold bars, you cannot add anymore parts.

Proceeding with the execution brings up a confirmation prompt. Belatedly, it is with this picture I realize why I got such an awful result. For whatever reason I unchecked a part. :downsowned: You can save scum the results, I didn't care to.

And you get the resulting part here. A not particularly good result for combat parameters as this skill just gives you a higher chance to draw two support cards instead of just one. The +1 on the other hand is a permanent modifier to the weapon, and adds a bit of damage to all weapon parameters. This modifier is never removed, even if you overwrite the skill you installed.

You can generate some really good skills with this system. On my main file, I've got a shield skill that dramatically increases oracle production by improving generation rate both in and out of burst mode, with a total of four skills in one consolidated skill. And since you can upgrade a shield along a upgrade path, it's the same kurogane shield I've been using since the start.

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

Ulvirich posted:

Her Blood Power improved. I... don't actually know what it does?

Nana's Blood Art is a renamed Gaia Impact, which is the aerial Triangle attack with the Boost Hammer. It makes Oracle spikes appear when the hammer hits the ground; as it levels up more spikes appear and they can block projectile attacks from Aragami.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Thank you for the clarification. Both misread the text and I've never used boost hammers. :v:

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

: You have unread mail.
.
.
.
>Subject: (Cc: All) Romeo's not here!
>Body:
Captain Julius, Romeo's run off somewhere and hasn't
come back! He didn't even take his God Arc. I'm
really worried! Can I go look for him?

>Subject: (Cc: All) Romeo's Disappearance
>Body:
Understood.
We'll search for him here as well.

>Nana
I know how you feel, but I've heard a red nimbus is
approaching the area.

Wait there for further orders.
Don't jump the gun

>Subject: (Cc: All) Romeo's Disappearance
>Body:
It's all my fault.
I just wanted to warn him with that little fight, but
before I knew it, I'd gone too far. I'm really sorry
it's come to this.

Let's find him as soon as possible.
.
.
.
: No unread mail.

: "I've asked the Research Unit to search for Romeo. It looks like the red nimbus is getting closer. He should be familiar with the dangers of red rain! At any rate, vice captain Kimberly, we should wait for a response from the Research Unit. Okay?"

Outside the Director's office, Satsuki and Yuno are sitting in the waiting area, Satsuki is reading from a datapad.

: "A red nimbus... That's pretty dangerous. Looks like it'll rain over by the satellite bases."

: "I hope Romeo's okay. Satsuki and I will go look for him in the trailer as soon as it lets up."

A harried Nurse Yae in the infirmary is attending to Asuna who is in a fit of a body-wracking coughing fit.

: "Yeah, I'm okay. I think some red rain is about to fall. I don't feel well when it's about to rain..."

In the pit, you see the rest of Blood assembling.

: "Romeo put on a happy face for us, even though he was wrestling with all that by himself... We should confirm his location quickly. He can't have gone very far."

: "Dammit... He didn't even take his God Arc... We've got to get him back."

: "I... I should have talked to Romeo more."

You've the feeling the rest of the Far East Branch's members would also mirror the thoughts and opinions on the current drama unfolding. You ask Hibari if there's any available missions not within the projected red rain area.

: "The Research Unit is looking for Romeo and I hope they find him soon. We, in fact, do have an Aragami response over in the Urban Park Area...

A single Sariel has been tracked to the park in Academy City. Head out immediately to destroy it. A number of Night Hollows have infested the plaza. Either quickly bring the fight away from them, or dispose of them before engaging the Sariel. Be wary of the poisonous gas the Sariel can disperse into the air around itself."

Click here to view.

: You have unread mail.
.
.
.
>Subject: (Cc: All) Romeo Missing
>Body:
To All Members of Blood:
We are contacting the satellite bases and surrounding
facilities, collecting information.
The red rain is a concern, but do NOT attempt to
search for him yourself.

That is all.

>Subject: (Cc: All) Romeo Missing
>Body:
I am writing to report that a person fitting Romeo's
description was seen at Satellite Base-01

>Captain
We will depart for the base once the red rain ceases.

.
.
.
: No unread mail.

In the pit, the mission map is showing projected red nimbus formations.

: "More red rain... I hope everyone at the satellite bases got to safety."

: "What are the God Arc Soldiers doing? You'd think this would be precisely their time to shine..."

The lounge's window is darkened with angry red, rain patters against the thick armored glass. Erina gazes out, Haruomi's distracting himself at the pool table, while Kota's watching another Bugarally episode.

: Looking up from the TV. "Some rain, huh? It's getting out of hand. We might end up living underground if we don't do something..."

Erina slumps down in a empty couch seat.

: "It never used to rain like this before. I hope Romeo's okay."

: "The rain's not gonna stop just because you're in a hurry." Haru states as he walks over from the pool table. "We'll just have to wait it out. I know you're worried, but in the end we can only do so much."

: "I've received a new mission for Blood. Handle this until the red rain calms down.

Two polar Zygotes have been detected in the ruined commercial district. Your mission is to destroy these Zygotes, and the Ravana hunting them. These Aragami have different weaknesses, so make sure to equip yourself for both tasks and pace yourself."

Click here to view.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

: "Vice Captain! Romeo just made contact with us. Aragami appeared nearby and he's requested Blood's help. Romeo's Bias Factor dosage won't last much longer. Hurry! I'll work out what to do when we get him back. His optimism is an indispensable part of Blood. Please...bring him back safely, however you can."

: "I've got his God Arc ready to go in the transport. Take it with you when you leave!"

Kota and the rest of the 1st are preparing to head out after the rain stopped to assess the damage. They wish you good luck as they enter the elevator. In the pit, Nana is speaking with Gil.

: "Gil, I'm worried... Even if we find Romeo, will we have to treat him like a deserter? If we do, Ciel said he'll be court-martialed. That means he could lose his God Arc if he's guilty... A-Anyway...let's hurry up and find him. We can think about that stuff when he's back safe and sound."

: "First red rain, and now the Aragami show up... Keep getting ready Nana. I'll meet you on the helipad after I take care of business here."

: "Romeo reports that he's pinned down by Aragami. Blood, rendezvous with Romeo ASAP, and exterminate the Aragami in the area!"

Click here to view.

: You have unread mail.
.
.
.

>Sender: Kozuki_Na@NornOS.net
>Subject: Thank goodness...
>Body:
Things are really more fun when Romeo's around! The
Den's atmosphere is brighter... I'm just glad he's
safe! This is how Blood's gotta be, don't you think?

.
.
.
: No unread mail.

The Blood unit has gathered around the booth in the lobby.

: "I caused you guys a lot of trouble...so I was really glad when you came. I'm totally 100% back this time - no more fretting! There's still plenty to be done, and I'm ready!"

Thanks to Gil's serendipitous filing for Romeo's request of absence, he won't be tried in the court of inquiry for going AWOL, and he's lucky his Bias Factor dosage was still in effect. Nana ribs Romeo a bit for the promised chicken, while Gil half-heartedly grouches about wasted time. Ciel nudges you and directs your attention to the pit, and Julius.

: "I'm sorry I left for so long. I heard what happened from Romeo himself. You did well... Thank you Kimberly. Also, Dr. Rachel has come to the Far East. She plans to help Dr. Sakaki with the black plague research. She should be inspecting the facilities by now. See how things go - it might behoove you to say hello."

Walking down the stairs, Licca couldn't help but overhear Julius.

: "I just spoke with Dr. Rachel in the infirmary. She seems like a gentle, quiet person. She seems so young, but so bright - it's incredible. I should watch and learn."

In the infirmary's waiting room, Kota and Haruomi are both present. Kota looks busy dealing with a datapad and Haru is being Haru.

: "Hey Kim, looks like there are more black plague victims after that last storm... On the other hand, it seems like the research is coming along. Juts a matter of time till they find a cure!"

(U: This next bit is transcribed verbatim.)

: "Dr. Rachel looks...pretty young for a professor. Just how old IS she, anyway? Anyway, the main thing is her beautiful, fragile femininity. That certain je ne sais quoi... It's so sweet!"

Inside the infirmary, Dr. Rachel is speaking with the patients and a giggling Asuna is sitting on her bed.

: "Dr. Rachel's doing research on the black plague! I got her to put a spell on me so I'll get better soon! Cool, right?"

: "Sweet Kimberly, good to see you. You've come at a good time. I was just about to speak with Dr. Sakaki. Would you mind showing me to the branch director's Office?"

>Right this way.

"Thank you. Well then, after you."

Click here to view.

"Vice captain."

Julius gets your attention.

: "I've just received direct orders from Dr. Rachel. It seems she wants your assistance with plague research and God Arc Soldier implementation. It seems you'll be spending time on Friar for a while. Don't leave anything unfinished in the Far East."

: "Blood is requested to clear the airspace between the Far East and Friar. An elite type of Yaksha, the Yaksha Raja, has set up shop in the beached aircraft carrier. Destroy it. Recon has confirmed that it is accompanied by regular Yaksha. Both types are highly sensitive to sound and specialize in ranged attacks."

Click here to view.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

This is such a Hunting Action-rear end screenshot. Look at that Hammer :allears:

Weapons the size of your character's entire body are part of this genre's particular charm.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

I unironically love giant Goddamn weapons. Doubly so if the game provides some lore excuse for the character to tote around some unwieldy hunk of metal.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

The transportation ride back to Friar was fairly short and uneventful. Awaiting your arrival first is a blinking mail notification on your cellphone.

: You have unread mail.
.
.
.

>Sender: Leoni_Ro@NornOS.net
>Subject: Yo!
>Body:
So what's it like being back at Friar? Now that
you're back at your old place, let us handle some
stuff so you can rest once ina while! Can't wait to
hear all of your stories!

Later!

>Sender: Daiba_Ka@NornOS.net
>Subject: Status Report!
>Body:
i went on a mission with julius today! i was really
moved by how well he was able to keep an eye on his
team members and the aragami, all while giving out
orders. he even gave me very specific instructions on
how to handle the space between aragami and where to
stand, which i think was super helpful. i noticed
something though... julius has really long lashes!

.
.
.
: No unread mail.

"Hello again, Blood."

Nodding in acknowledgment, the Friar staff member you never caught the name of continues.

: "Did you hear? It seems the Soldiers will be deployed soon, though autonomous control device development has hit a snag. Seems like Director Grem really gave Dr. Kujo a lecture, as usual. Yikes..."

You continue on your way to Dr. Rachel's laboratory, it's the same as always, and a good deal less...fragrant and noisy than the Far East Branch's facilities.

: "Welcome back. I'm sorry to call you so suddenly. I'll get to the heart of the matter. Following suggestion from Dr. Sakaki, we can now predict when and on what scale a red nimbus will appear. Next, I want you to assist Dr...Kujo, who is developing unmanned God Arc Soldiers. Having recovered from his previous failure, Dr. Kujo is collecting Aragami cells to upgrade the Soldiers' shields.

Can I ask you to assist him with cell collection?"

>Absolutely.

"Thank you. I have informed Fran of the specifics. Please come and see me again once you've finished."

: "I have a mission request from Dr. Rachel. Are you ready?

A polar Kongou has advanced on the old reservoir, and seems to be eyeing the Far East Branch. Eliminate this threat as quickly as possible. Polar Ogretails were also seen at the reservoir. It will be serious trouble if they join up with the Kongou."

Click here to view.

(U: To note, while all God Eaters are available for mission selection and link support, there is a slight change in the support selection. Since Hibari is the operator for the Far East Branch, she is not available to support you while stationed in Friar. Fran instead replaces her, and she comes with a skill that increases the chance you can get the credit award for a mission completion.)

: You have unread mail.
.
.
.

>Sender: Kozuki_Na@NornOS.net
>Subject: From the Far East!
>Body:
How are things on Friar? Nothing has really changed
here. Same old, same old! Romeo and Gil are fighting
away like usual, but we can all laugh it off now, so
nothing to be worried about. I guess that's all for
today!

>Subject: (Cc: All) I've come a long way
>Body:
Guess where I am? Tasmania! There are a lot of rare
animals being protected here. Yesterday, they showed
me something called a "koala." It's kind of like a
capybara that lives on trees, and it is really
adorable. But when I saw it, I remember our capybara
and got a bit homesick. Anyway, I hope you're all
doing well. I'll send another mail when I have time.

Sincerely, Yuno.

>Sender: Claudius_Ra@Friar.gov
>Subject: Sweet Kimberly
>Body:
Now... I believe I asked you to help collect Aragami
cells, but... If you find some undamaged Simian Armor,
and a set of Wight Claws, would you kindly bring them
to me?

I appreciate it.

.
.
.
: No unread mail.

Riding the inclinator up from storage, you spot Damian in a chipper mood.

: "Hey, Vice Captain! Haven't seen you here in a while! Friar ordered a bunch of link support device samples. With the schematics... Look at me! I'm so proud!"

In the lower section of the lobby, Dr. Kujo is gazing out into the atrium, and jumps unexpectedly when you give a 'hello'."

: "Oh, it's you?! You're the Blood member helping me gather materials?! Please to meet you, I'm Kujo... Oh! Wait a minute, aren't you the one who piloted my God Arc Soldier without permission?! Nevermind all that. In deference to Dr. Rachel, it's water under the bridge. Now then...please help us take things to the next level!"

>What do you mean by that?

Stammering, he continues after regaining composure "I mean the next level of our research! The God Arc Soldiers." He nervously laughs it off.

On the top floor, Dr. Leah walks out of the Director's office, and greets you.

: "Oh, you're back! Welcome... We couldn't sway HQ in the end. Seems they'll give priority officially to unmanned deployment of the Soldiers. I'm not giving up, though. If I can just produce some results, they'll overturn the decision... I have to... For Rachel too. She glances at Rachel's door. "I'm sorry to keep you, you must be up here for a reason."

: "Good to see you, Sweet Kimberly. I'm sorry I've been sending you on missions as it suits me... I promise you, you're being incredibly helpful. Thank you for the materials, I think Dr. Kujo will be delighted as well. He seems to have taken quite a liking to you. He called you his 'savior.'" She sweetly smiles. "Which reminds me. Dr. Kujo was looking for you. He said he wanted to thank you for everything." Rachel picks up a letter from her desk and hands it to you. "Could you give him this letter, if you see him? Say hello on my behalf, and tell him this letter is from me."

Click here to view.

: "We've received a new mission from HQ. Can you take care of it? Specifically...

Destroy the Quadriga operating out of its stronghold on the coast. It has linked up with a number of polar Zygotes. These Aragami have opposing elements, but their Aragami Bullets should allow you to gain the advantage in this fight."

Click here to view.

New Database Entries: Red Nimbus: 2, Black Plague ICU

Ulvirich fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Oct 22, 2016

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

A blaze-imbued Cocoon Maiden, its venom tipped spikes inflict a armor reduction debuff. It is otherwise just a reskinned Cocoon Maiden with different parts to collect.

Like all small Aragami, this one only has one weakpoint.
Elemental Weakness: Freeze and spark

A blaze-imbued Ogretail, it seems to be more aggressive in combat, and it lobs out fireballs, instead of spikes, from its tail.

Like all small Aragami, this one only has one weakpoint.
Elemental Weakness: Freeze

A far more dangerous Yaksha, the Yaksha Raja, or "King of the Yaksha", are more agile, and armed with talons for melee combat, in addition to their gun. While not explicitly explained, it is rumored that these Aragami are spawned from fallen God Eaters, or from Oracle cells that possessed human bodies.

A medium-sized Aragami with three breakable points: Pauldrons, Head, and talons
Elemental Weakness: Blaze, Freeze, Spark

A frost-imbued Kongou, with sturdier armor, and more dangerous ranged attacks. One of the first Aragami you face that has differing weapon type weaknesses. Its face is weak to piercing, back pipes to crushing, and tail to slashing.

A medium-sized Aragami, with three breakable points: Face, back pipes, and tail
Elemental Weakness: Blaze

A massive, armored Aragami with tank-like armor. It fires off various missile types, and despite its apparent weight, can make massive movement based attacks when it's not firing off its various missile racks. The side missile pods are extremely vulnerable to piercing attacks, as well as the exhaust pipe on top. The front armor, protecting the cruise missile bay, is the weakest part on the ground to slashing and crushing, and you can stagger the Aragami easily by attacking here.

The name is referring to a chariot drawn by four horses, used for racing in ancient Olympic games, and is also noted as the Chariot of Greek gods and heroes.

This large-sized Aragami has three breakable points: Exhaust pipes, side mounted missile pods, and the front armor plate.
Elemental Weakness: Freeze and Divine

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

You know guys call me crazy, but I think the good doctor might be up to something!

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

: You have unread mail.
.
.
.

>Sender: Alencon_Ci@NornOS.net
>Subject: A report
>Body:
It's been a while. How are you doing? I heard that
it's almost time for you to return to the Far East
Branch. Romeo has been very excited, shouting and
waving his hands about wildly saying that we'll go
out to meet you on the way back. I have a lot I would
like to talk to you about as well.

I'm...looking forward to seeing you back home safe,
Ciel

.
.
.
: No unread mail.

A rather ecstatic Dr. Kujo greets you at the inclinator and vigorously shakes your hand.

: "We're making progress like I've never experienced before! And it's all thanks to you! Thank you!!"

Dr. Kujo's aide bows respectfully, and waits until Dr. Kujo finishes.

: "You're going back to the Far East? How sad... But I'm sure they're all waiting for you over there. I'll be on the lookout for your return!"

In the lower section, Damian is working on a datapad, and you spot another familiar face.

: "Yo, Kim, were you surprised? I thought you might get lonely all by yourself. We're headed back to the Far East, yeah? Give me a shout when you're ready to go!"

: "You two headed off to the Far East soon? I've just finished the instructions for the link support devices myself. I'll have to go back and put all the places that need revising into one document... We're both pretty busy!"

You excuse yourself from the warm welcome, and go up to Dr. Rachel's lab to see if there was anything else she required of you.

: "Romeo has come to greet us, has he? Say hello to everyone in Blood... I, too, will move on to the next preparations. I look forward to the day we can all meet again as a family."

Back in the lobby, Romeo's ordering from the vending machine, waiting on your return. Handing you a soft drink, he continues where he left off.

: "I know what you must be thinking. Nah, I'm not on the lam again! I ran everything by Julius. So...you're not an assistant anymore, right? I want to try moving Dr. Rachel back to the Far East. Since you're not helping her now...can you come with me for a bit, before we go?"

>Sure

"All right! In that case, let's get going on this mission already! We can talk details later! I'm counting on ya!"

A request for assistance was received from the Far East Branch. A Gboro-Gboro and a Ukonvasara living in the ruins of Academy City are interfering with our supply lines. Rendezvous with Romeo Leoni and eliminate them.

Click here to view.

: You have unread mail.
.
.
.

>Sender: Leoni_Ro@NornOS.net
>Subject: About That Last Mission...
>Body:
Thanks for coming with me. I felt a lot better after
talking with you. I wasn't actually supposed to come
greet you at Friar, but I really wanted to talk to
you, so I got them to swap me in.

Later

.
.
.
: No unread mail.

Thanks to your efforts, the transport made it the rest of the way to the Far East Branch. Awaiting your return first in the lobby is Julius and Nana in the booth.

: "Vice Captain, Romeo... Welcome back. No rest for the weary; we've a survey mission to fulfill. It's an area located north of Friar, in a rocky mountain. The Marduk leads swarms from that mountain on assaults then returns to the mountain. So say reports from resource collectors flowing through the satellite bases. We'll survey the area to get the truth.

Then, if given the chance..."

: "Yeah, we'll kill the Marduk then and there!"

"Heh... Exactly. We'll move out once everyone's ready. Once the mission is complete, the vice captain and I will go report the results to Dr. Rachel on Friar."

Pumping himself up, Romeo continues. "We're gonna ferret that Marduk out, and I'm gonna kill it! Counting on your support, guys!"

: "Searching for it on a rocky mountain seems pretty tough. Would it be faster if I drew it out...? Er... But we'd be in trouble if a swarm of them showed up, huh...?"

Inside the lounge, the captains of the Far East Branch are in a meeting off to the side, while Gil and Ciel at sitting at the bar.

: "Hey, welcome back. Say, was it you who gave that Marduk a stab in the eye? I guess that makes you its arch-enemy. We always say the Aragami have no intelligence, but looking at the psions, I get the feeling that may not be true..."

: "Marduk... There are few battle records, and even fewer materials on it. I don't know much, but it seems powerful. It will be difficult to see on the mountain. There's a chance we'll run into it. I hope Intuit comes in handy..."

: "There's a huuuuge dog at the satellite base! That's what Yuno said! But I've never seen a real dog before... Do they look like huge capybaras?"

Gravitating towards the meeting, Kota interrupts the discussion to address you.

: "Good to see you again, we're having a meeting. Basically to talk about psion countermeasures, like always... Don't mind us. Juts go nuts like you always do! We'll back you up, no problem!"

: Nodding deferentially at you, then continues where she left off. "As I was saying. We also have to consider how to adapt in the even Blood isn't around..."

Kota picks up. "Right... If we're out fighting for several days, we'll have to fend for ourselves sometimes."

Nodding, Alisa continues. "We will want at least two veterans so we can adapt."

: "If we find a psion on our own, we'll just lure it out, take it away, and get rid of it, right? So just leave it to the 4th Unit. Two of our lovely veterans will gladly treat it to a great time."

Heading up to the apartments, you check to see if Yuno's back from Tasmania.

: "Long time no see stranger! Welcome back, how was Friar? We're having a bit of trouble at the satellite base. It seems a wolf-like Aragami has attacked a few times."

Looking up from the terminal, Satsuki looks mildly irritated, but quickly composes herself.

: "More and more people are refusing to take shelter... Aragami attacks, red rain warnings...there are too many alerts. It's not like the forecasts are inaccurate... If they were crying wolf, that'd be one thing..."

: "Ready for the survey mission? Here are the details.

Join the scouting team on a trip to the mountains to locate the psion thought to be hiding there. Cocoon Maiden, and Yaksha Raja responses have been detected, which may make this mission more difficulty than anticipated. Destroy any obstacles and make a thorough sweep of the area."

Click here to view.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

In Dr. Rachel's lab, you stand beside Julius, as Rachel addresses the both of you.

: "Good work on the survey mission. Putting that aside, let's talk about the present state of Blood. About how Romeo was worried that his Blood Power had not awakened and attempted to flee Blood... Progress is not uniform - I understand that. If this makes it painful for Romeo to remain in Blood, however... I can ask Dr. Sakaki to release Blood from its duties and have it merged with the Far East Branch unit."

: "No, that won't be necessary. Kimberly, Ciel, Gil, Nana, and Romeo... None of these members can be replaced. They've felled countless Aragami and overcome several crises, and that is because they're a perfect team. If there is an imperfect member of Blood, I shall simply protect them. I won't let anyone drop out."

"I see, if you're willing to go that far, Julius, I shall respect your opinions on the matter."

Julius turns to you as the conversation concludes.

"Apologies, Vice Captain. I must attend a meeting after this. Please return to the Far East Branch ahead of me."

Outside the lab, Dr. Leah is gazing down at the garden. She sighs as you approach.

: "There'll be a deployment test of the unmanned God Arc Soldiers soon. I want to believe it'll be okay this time... I'll keep developing the manned version. If I could just guarantee the pilot's safety..."

In the lobby, as you approach Fran's desk, a jubilant Dr. Kujo is ordering from the vending machine.

: "If the next deployment test succeeds, unmanned Soldiers will be greenlit! All the months and years of research! Ah, yes, this! Thanks to you, the God Arc Soldier improvements are complete!"

: "Julius is scheduled to appear at a meeting. Can you make it back to the Far East Branch on your own?"

>Yes, I'll be returning to the Far East Branch

"Understood, be careful out there."

The ride back to the Far East was uneventful. With clear skies, and no threat of Aragami, you managed to catch a short nap en route. Gil greets you in the lobby's booth.

: "Welcome back. So... I heard Romeo is still really close with that older couple that took him in when he ran away. The more places you go, the more your circle grows... That certainly suits him."

Nearby, down in the pit, Romeo and Yuno are talking to one another.

: "That survey mission was so anti-climatic! I was so ready to take out that Marduk if it showed up!"

: "That Aragami seems to have stopped coming to the satellite base after your survey mission. We've also started having evacuation drills. People living outside the base started participating too!

Stopping by the lounge to see who is lurking... Kota and Ciel are sitting at the bar, and Erina and Licca are standing off to the side, and of course little Mutsumi greets you as soon as you step foot across the threshold into her realm.

: "Welcome back, Kimberly. It was good of you to report to Dr. Rachel. ...So the survey mission didn't find the Marduk, but found several traces of its existence. Also, the Research Unit will now be regularly deployed to that area. That's all that was shared with us."

Kota is busy slurping away noodles from his bowl, but takes a breather when he notices you.

: "Just came back from a close call, whew! Good thing there was a red rain forecast! Gotta love Dr. Rachel! She collaborated with our branch director and increased forecast accuracy. It's amazing. And thanks to that, it seems fewer people are being affected by red rain."

The pair off to the side seem to be going over some dry God Arc performance feedback, and you decide to see if it's visiting hours in the infirmary.

"From this adversity called "Outside Visiting Hours." I send a battle cry to all the little ones!"

: "Asuna! Don't fear your shots! Emil von Strasbourg stands with you! Blood's vice captain Kimberly has come to support you too! Can you hear me, Asuna?!"

: "Be quiet in the halls... Are you even listening, Emil?"

Yae escorts the both of you out of the halls for disturbance, Emil's bombastic hollering doesn't stop until the elevator doors close.

: "I've received a new mission for Blood, specifically...

A Borg Camlann has appeared in the depths of the old subway system. Interestingly, this one appears to be a fallen type associated with the element of fire. Fiery Cocoon Maidens have also been confirmed in the area. A freeze weapon should be devastatingly effective. Plan to fight fire, and try not to get burned."

Click here to view.

You consider grabbing some burn ointment for the next time you're ordered out into the subway tunnels... In the upper lobby, Kanon's relaxing in the booth, and you can spot Damian down the staircase near the strategic board.

: "I'm working on my shooting at the training grounds. I see Romeo there a lot these days. He gives me tips on how to use the blaster. he really knows his stuff! I really admire him."

: "Friar is planning an experimental battle with the God Arc Soldiers. If they actually get deployed, all the God Eaters would become link support experts! That might be nice..."

Opening the door to the lounge, there's a huge commotion over by the capybara's pen. The rest of Blood is standing around the pen, except for Gil who is sitting on the nearby couch. Kota's at the bar looking on with amusement.

: "Capybaras are cute, huh? It looks like Nana has a present for it."

: "They said it didn't have a name yet, and right then and there I thought of the perfect name! And that name was Cappy!"

Ciel, surprised, replies "Huh...? Whoa, wait! Nana!!"

Turning to you, Nana continues. "Cappy... That sounds pretty cute, don't you think?"

>Yeah, it does.

Upon hearing your decision, Ciel finishes. "You too, huh? well, if that's what you think, I won't say no..."

"That settles it! Welcome, Cappy!" Nana triumphantly declares.

Some excited squeaking emanates from the pen, though you're not sure if it's because it's surrounded or it's happy from being named.

: "It's a weird name, but I guess it's better than just calling it capybara. I mean, I don't want people yelling, "Hey, human!" at me either!"

: "Whenever I see smiles on people's faces, I'm particularly grateful that we have a mascot."

: "Cappy? Is that...the capybara's name? What the hell?! I had a great idea for its name! I've totally got good naming sense!"

: "Oh, you've decided on Cappy for a name! Kota here called it Norami every once in a while. We've got to take Cappy for a walk soon! Let's pick a nice sunny day."

: "Now that you have a name, you're one of the family! Congrats, Cappy!"

: "But, uh, isn't that pretty close to the name of one of those game studios?"

"Is it? But it's cute, so it's fine, right?"

In Dr. Sakaki's office, he's thinking to himself as he's going over documentation.

: "Hmmm... Unmanned Soldiers... Talk of phasing them into strategies on an experimental basis is taking shape. Black plague research seems ot be progressing steadily. That's Friar for you... I need to stop procrastinating and get back to work."

: "I have received a new mission for Blood, specifically...

Proceed to the grasslands and destroy the approaching polar Kongou and Yaksha. These Aragami were already thrown back during a defensive battle at the Outer Ghetto, and the original herd has been reduced to a few straggling remnants. Destroy each Aragami as it arrives in the operational area."

Click here to view.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Feeling especially anxious today, you walk down the empty hallway in the apartment level to the elevator. Nothing that you can put a finger on though... The 1st Unit is present, both in the booth and down in the pit area is Emil.

: "Friar is considering the establishment of a black plague clinic. I bet that would make people happy."

: "Man, Emil's been a little strange lately. Any idea why? He keeps staring at his God Arc during missions. Is there something on his mind?"

Interrupting his contemplative reverie, Emil turns and asks...

: "So the emotional bond one makes with the God Arc is the key to understanding...Blood Art or something like that?"

>Huh?

"You suggest the trust between me and my God Arc is lacking, when in truth a knight's trust is boundless!"

Undeterred, Emil goes back to pondering the matter.

Inside the lounge, all members of Blood are present, along with Yuno, Satsuki and Haru. Ciel is watching Haru and Gil at the pool table, while the other half of Blood is mingling with Yuno and Satsuki.

: "Ah, Kim! You know, Satsuki and Yuno suggested we go on a picnic so-"

: "Uh, excuse me, Romeo... What are you doing next to Yuno? Aren't you a little too excited? I'm a little worried."

Nana intercepts her. "Romeo's just like that with everybody! Don't worry. He doesn't bite!"

: "I want to do something nice for Blood, since you're always helping us."

: "Ah, well, let's go on that picnic! We can all pack lunches!"

"But then, how can I thank you...?" she replies.

Waving it off, Romeo continues. "No, I mean, that's enough! A nice little trip, chilling out in a nice little spot or whatever!"

Julius turns to you as Romeo and Yuno go back to chatting.

: "The unmanned God Arc Soldiers will undergo a live test during the following missions. Blood will be their backup. And just so we're clear - in the worst-case scenario, Blood will prioritize human life over the Soldiers."

>Of course!

"Right, we'll move out once everyone's ready."

Over at the pool table, Gil's waiting on Haru to make a shot... and for Haru to stop talking with Ciel.

: "Right, next we have to run support for the God Arc Soldiers... It should be smooth sailing, barring any mechanic failure or red rain."

: "What do you think, Ciel? Billiards? Yes? No?"

: "Theoretically, it could be fun. I mean, I'm reasonably confident..."

"So this is Blood... It's going to take time for me to get into that group."

Yeah, you're going to have to keep an eye on this one.

"So they're testing the God Arc Soldiers again... I remember last time you were really - what's the word...?" Ciel says. "Er, how should I put this...? Well, at any rate, I hope the test goes off without a hitch this time!"

: "I've received a new mission for Blood. it's an escort mission for the God Arc Soldiers. Specifically...

This is a request for your assistance in the next unmanned God Arc Soldier test. Dr. Kujo's research is at the point where remote control is viable. In order for this test to be a success, first clear the area of a herd of mixed charged and polar Aragami, led by a charged Chi-You. Exercise caution, as you are liable to enter a large melee."

Click here to view.

: You have unread mail.
.
.
.

>Sender: FenrirApparelDept@FPBS.net
>Subject: New Clothing!
>Body:
New clothing can now be ordered from the Terminal.
The "Plaid series - a casual look with a plaid stole
included! The "Tie" series - a cool look with a
cooler scarf! Also, for men, we have "Waiter." For
women, "Waitress." You can preview the complete look
before ordering.

Have fun coordinating!

>Subject: (Cc: All) Outdoor Luncheon
>Body:
There will be an outdoor luncheon to welcome our
distinguished guest and recognize Blood's efforts.
Yuno, our guest, also wishes to have this outdoor
luncheon. It will be held following the God Arc
Soldier joint operation. Details to follow.

>Subject: (Cc: All) Outdoor Luncheon
>Body:
I'm really looking forward to this luncheon! Thank
you all for taking the time to humor me on this.
Satsuki and I will be there to raise a glass with all
of you!

.
.
.
: No unread mail.

With a sigh, you get up from your bed. Again, you've got that anxious feeling. Normally, FBPS's announcements get you interested at least, but now... more somber. There were also notifications on new part upgrades available, again, doesn't diminish you feeling off today. Hopefully the luncheon later will raise your spirits.

Making your way down to the lobby, Julius is sitting with Gil in the booth.

: "It looks like the God Arc Soldiers' test was a success. Well done. The next mission is a large-scale operation involving the God Arc Soldiers, Blood, and the Far East Branch. According to the system Dr. Rachel developed, a large amount of red rain will fall at each satellite base. The God Arc Soldiers will protect the evacuating citizens while we protect the satellite bases themselves. This mission will require speed and precision. Check in with the operator when you're ready."

: "Guess they're going to chuck the God Arc Soldiers into the mix now. We'll see how it goes...[/i]

Heading over to the lounge to tell the other members of Blood the plans, you step out of the pathway of the opening door. Satsuki puts on a smile and begins bragging.

: "As a journalist, I can't miss a joint op between the God Arc Soldiers and the God Eaters. How's "God Arc Soldiers: Leading Humanity into the Future" for a headline?"

Inside the lounge, Nana is doubling over, while Ciel tries to keep her standing. Apparently she ate expired food, and you assist Ciel in escorting Nana to the infirmary.

Meanwhile, in Yuno's room.

: "Y-Yuno! Uh... I, uh... I have a favor to ask you..." Composing himself, he continues. "So, the Blood members have done nothing but help me out and I haven't done anything to repay them. So...when this mission is over, I would like you to sing a song for Blood. It's like your songs make all our troubles melt away... At least, they're really soothing. So that's why..." he trails off.

: "Sure, if that's what you want."

"R-really?!"

"Of course, Romeo! Ah, but YOU have to promise ME something. Make sure everyone gets back safely."

"Roger that! Thank you! I'm SO looking forward to it!"

: "Blood has orders to protect the satellite bases. It's the first joint operation with the Soldiers. Ready? Here are the details.

Severe red rains are predicted around the satellite bases, and evacuation has already begin. God Arc Soldiers will guard civilians as they move to shelters while the God Eaters guard the base from Aragami. Vajra and Quadriga, among others, are approaching. This will be a fierce battle. Choose your equipment wisely."

Click here to view.

Click here to view.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Whoah really? He's dead dead? drat.

Well what the gently caress Rachel? You now lost two Blood Art users. Or did Julius get out of the red rain disease?

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
So the wheelchair bound mad scientist with a sing-song voice turned out not to be on the level, colour me surprised! :monocle:

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

SSNeoman posted:

Whoah really? He's dead dead? drat.

Well what the gently caress Rachel? You now lost two Blood Art users. Or did Julius get out of the red rain disease?

Romeo is dead dead. Cutscene death is a deadly thing.

Also interesting when I was going through the cinematic frame-by-frame, the hoods on the hazmat gear actually have a clear visor fitted over the face to protect from splashing. You could also see why the hazmat gear isn't suited for Aragami combat, especially against something as fierce as the Garm.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

It's honestly a pretty low-tech looking raincoat more than anything

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Wiping away tears, you stand up. Flower prints of pollen linger on your pants as you reach for your buzzing cellphone.

: You have unread mail.
.
.
.

>Sender: Leoni_Ro@NornOS.net
>Subject: Yuno's Concert
>Body:
No matter what happens, I want it to be huge, y'know?
And we can't forget to have some sort of surprise on
top of all that, either. I've got a ton of ideas!
Just thinking about them gets me so excited, oh man,
you're gonna be totally stunned when you hear them!
We'll start brainstorming the second this mission is
over!

Don't forget!!!

>Sender: Sakaki_Pa@FarEast.gov
>Subject: (Cc: All) My Condolences
>Body:
On behalf of the Far East Branch, I offer my
condolences to all members of Blood. Thanks to
Romeo's bold sacrifice, the satellite bases and the
Far East Branch are safe. Death is always close by on
these missions, but we can never grow accustomed to
the loss of a close friend. I vow to maintain order
amongst the public, so he will not have died in vain.

I sincerely hope he finds peace in the next world,
Paylor Sakaki
Far East Branch Director

>Sender: FENRIR
>Subject: PFC Romeo Leoni KIA
>Body:
PFC Romeo Leoni of Blood Special Forces Unit was
declared KIA while defending the satellite bases. In
recognition of his meritorious service, FENRIR HQ
will promote the above two ranks to a final rank of
Corporal.

END

.
.
.
: No unread mail.

Most of the memorial service's visitors have filed out by now. Nana is hiccuping back tears while Ciel gently consoles her. Gil is sitting in the gazebo overlooking staring at the plaque, and Yuno and Satsuki are looking off into the reflecting pool.

: "I never thought I'd be keeping my promise to Romeo like this..."

: "Self-Sacrificing God Eater Memorialized" Headlines like this are all over the media. That God Arc Soldier malfunction caused this, but no one's talking about it out of deference to HQ. Rotten to the core... Every last one of them!"

Nana's still sniffling as you approach the two.

: "Romeo was so brave... His actions in the face of death saved the bases in the North. When Romeo repelled that Aragami... You felt it too, didn't you? It wasn't just that psion. Every Aragami in a 10km radius backed off. as if ordered to do so. That had to be Romeo's Blood Power..."

Gil sighs heavily

: "I'm sorry, just... Can you give me some time alone? Don't worry, though. I'm not going to give up. For Romeo..."

Up in the executive level, you see Dr. Leah and Julius outside of Dr. Rachel's lab.

: "I'm competing with Dr. Kujo, but even in my alls al the preparations were in place... If the Soldiers had been developed without any conflict, we might have been able to avoid this tragedy... Even Kujo has been sent to HQ to answer for this disaster. He's likely to be courtmartialed..."

: "Kimberly, I have a request. I... Vice Captain, I'll be visiting HQ. That means I'll be away from the front lines for a while. Blood will remain at Friar until I return. I'm leaving orders, and above all, their explanations to you. Needless doubt and unease will certainly swirl while I'm away. Only you can mitigate that."

>Has something happened?

"No problem. I'll be presenting a report at HQ with Dr. Rachel. That's all. Sorry, I keep going on about myself. I trust you. Please speak to everyone for me.

: "Julius is...going to HQ? Roger that."

>Are you going to be okay...?

"Yeah... Grem said it - Blood is "valuable property." If we lose that value, you'll start to see political moves..."

: "Julius is going to HQ? Why?"

>Assisting Dr. Rachel.

"I see... It'll just be us while he's going, right? Okay, we'll keep going...keep trying..."

: "Julius is at HQ? Does that mean...he's taking on the awful duty of reporting this?! Such a tragic report - I can't take it! Shouldn't we go with him, Kimberly?"

>He's with Dr. Rachel.

"But...is it really just a report? S-sorry, I overreacted. I guess I'm a little worked up."

With the task complete, you check in on Fran. She dabs her eyes with a handkerchief before speaking with you.

: "Blood...has been assigned a new mission. I will facilitate as usual, to the best of my abilities. Here are the details...

A fiery Borg Camlann has invaded the coastal region. A team must head out immediately to destroy it. A number of small Aragami responses have been detected in the area, however these are not the primary target. Watch out for surprise attacks, and carry out your orders. Please... find victory."

Click here to view.

: You have unread mail.
.
.
.

>Sender: Visconti_Ju@NornOS.net
>Subject: (None)
>Body:
I've looked over all the reports from the Far East
Branch. Congratulations on your missions' successes.
I apologize for leaving at this most important of
times, but I'm here now working to create a new
initiative with Dr. Rachel. I wanted to keep you
abreast of developments here, but everything is
currently top secret. Don't let anyone else know
about this for the time being.

.
.
.
: No unread mail.

"Excuse me, Vice Captain?"

: "Gilbert wants to speak with you as soon as possible." She directs you down to the lower level of the lobby.

: "Has Julius told you when he'll be back, Kimberly?"

>He might be back soon.

"Really? Julius AND Romeo are gone. We've really got to be on top of things... Sounds like the Far East Branch is keeping Romeo's God Arc. Thought Grem would complain, but he hasn't so far."

Standing beside Gil, Ciel speaks to you after you finish.

: "Um, Kimberly? This might be a little weird, but...do you want to go on a mission? People still need us, even in times like this. Besides, I start thinking awful thoughts when I'm not busy."

In the garden, Nana and Yuno are standing side-by-side gazing into the pool.

: "Romeo... I wanted to have that picnic..."

: "Is Julius still busy? He hasn't replied to any of my mail... Is he really okay? I'm worried about him, Kim."

: "There's a mission available, here's the details...

A Ravana and a Vajra have been tracked to the Old City. Destroy both of them. Picking equipment to counter both of these Aragami's elements will be difficult, but Freeze weaponry should be the best option available. This area is on one of our main supply routes. Its safety is essential."

Click here to view.

SilverFire
Dec 31, 2012
Both of your latest videos are private.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Fixed, thank you for the heads up.

SilverFire
Dec 31, 2012

Ulvirich posted:

Fixed, thank you for the heads up.

You're welcome. I bought the game thanks to this LP.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

: You have unread mail.
.
.
.
>Sender: Visconti_Ju@NornOS.net
>Subject: (None)
>Body:
I'll be returning to Friar shortly.

I have something I'd like to talk to you about when
I get back. See you then.

>Subject: (Cc: All) For Blood Members
>Body:
I am leaving Fenrir HQ to return to Friar. As I do so,
one thing pains me. A God Eater's orders are to do the
utmost to protect people. Romeo fulfilled these orders
with his body. I hereby resolve to begin anew by
following Romeo's example and doing my absolute best.

I aim to live in a world free of the Aragami threat.

That is all.

.
.
.
: No unread mail.

Ciel waits patiently until you finish with the terminal.

: "Licca came all the way to Friar. She has an update on Romeo's God Arc and was looking for you. She's waiting in the garden."

At the vending machine, Gil spots you, orders a second soft drink and hands it to you.

: "I'm glad we heard from Julius, but I'm a little worried about what he wrote... Only God Eaters can protect themselves. But Julius feels responsible for what happened to Romeo. He did what he could. The rest is out of his control. How can we get him to understand that?"

In the garden level, Satsuki is sitting in the gazebo, Yuno and Nana are watching Licca pay her respects at the memorial.

: Letting out a sigh at the sight "Some people see Romeo's God Arc as an asset... Good thing they moved it before the vultures descended. That's Licca for you, though. Or maybe it was Dr. Sakaki's decision?"

For the first time since the event, Nana's rather excited.

: "We got a mail from Julius! He's leaving HQ now! I want him to get back here soon and cheer us up!"

Licca finishes, and turns to your approach.

: "Hello, it's been a while... I wanted you all to know that the Far East Branch will be collecting Romeo's God Arc. His God Arc is safely in the Den's storage facility. It's in idle mode, and will not activate. After studying it, we learned that there were signs that a BLood Power had been activated. Also, when the Aragami retreated, Romeo's God Arc emitted a powerful resonance. In other words..."

>Romeo saved us...

"Yes, that was his Blood Power. Romeo became a true member of the Blood Unit. His God Arc, a third generation and a part of Blood's power, will be kept in the Den as long as you are in the Far East's care. I know it is more than a simple weapon to all of you. We will treat it as if it were Romeo himself. His God Arc is an enigma, and not just because it's third generation. There are some...baffling changes... Don't worry. I promise to treat it well, just as if it were Romeo himself."

Back down in the lobby, Ciel intercepts you before reaching Fran's desk.

: "Did you read the mail from Julius? He wrote out his new decision. Julius says he'll protect us, but I think we have to protect him too. I mean, that's what family does, right? Romeo used to say that Blood is a family..."

: "Blood has been assigned a new mission. Are you ready for it? Specifically...

A civilian examining the abandoned factory was assaulted by Aragami. Head to the area and suppress the Ukonvasara, and Kongou there. Be warned that a wandering Yaksha may interfere. The civilian has already fled underground. Strangely, they insist that they are a 'real estate agent' and possess the deed to the factory."

Click here to view.

: You have unread mail.
.
.
.
>Sender: Kusunoki_Li@NornOS.net
>Subject: Romeo's God Arc
>Body:
I'll let you know if there are any further
developments in my research. A God Arc is the life of
a God Eater. Even if the wielder isn't there, I don't
think that fact ever changes.

.
.
.
: No unread mail.

: "Captain Julius has returned. You'll have to talk to him directly if you want the details."

In the lower lobby, Blood is present. Gil is sitting down in the bench, and Julius is the center of attention between Nana and Ciel.

: "Good, Julius is back. Time to put that fighting spiirit back into our work!"

: "Julius, you're late! We were worried!"

"Sorry... I was a little busy."

"Well, at least tell us when you're coming back, would ya?"

: "Blood is back together. Kimberly, good job handling things while Captain Julius was away!"

: "Thank you for handling things whil I was away. May I speak with you, Kimberly, for a moment?"

>Okay.

"First, let's go on this mission. You and me. Once we're finished, I need to speak with you. Let's go.

A Sariel and a herd of small fries have been detected near the coast. We need to hunt them all down. Just be careful not to be spotted by the Sariel before the small fries are taken care of.

Click here to view.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Welp. I guess that's one way to get a promotion.

What was that on Julius' hand? A tattoo?

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!

SSNeoman posted:

Welp. I guess that's one way to get a promotion.

What was that on Julius' hand? A tattoo?

I think that was the black plague inflicted by the rain he was in.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

: You have unread mail.
.
.
.
>Sender: Visconti_Ju@NornOS.net
>Subject: Captain Kimberly
>Body:
I apologize for bringing that subject up so suddenly.
But thank you for listening to me. I'm leaving Blood
to create a new type of God Arc Soldier squadron.
With Dr. Rachel's technological skills and my Blood
Power, Control, I think we can create a powerful and
reliable unmanned God Arc Soldier. I'm positive that
this is the greatest contribution I can make to
everyone now.

I leave Blood in your capable hands.

.
.
.
: No unread mail.

Nearby, Gil is working at his own terminal. You let him in on the news.

: "Julius is going to develop the God Arc Soldiers? If that's why he left Blood...this is no joke."

: "Excuse me, Captain Kimberly, Gil? Director Grem has a new assignment for Blood. Proceed to his office at once."

You gather up the rest of Blood, and head to the executive level.

Click here to view.

: "Friar won't just be developing God Arc Soldiers anymore. They'll be researching the black plague and cures for it. We can't easily get involved with that if we leave and are no longer associated with Friar. We don't have a lot of time either. Let's not leave anything unfinished."

Gil is contemplating silently perhaps thinking why Julius is doing what he's doing, and Nana looks rather crestfallen. Fran approaches you all.

: "Let me know when you are all ready to return to the Far East Branch." She turns to you. "It was only for a short while, but I'm glad I got to work with you. This feels strange to say, but... I'd...like to work with you again sometime."

The trip back to the Far East Branch is short and uneventful. The outriders took care of any smaller Aragami to make way for your transport. The rest of Blood file out, Haruomi catches you first.

: "The pain of losing a friend... Don't let it weight you down. Share the burden."

Ciel's waiting on the elevator, and begins speaking with you when you approach.

: "Until there's an official personnel change, Blood remains the same - we follow orders from the Far East. What is Julius doing right now, I wonder..."

Down in the pit, Gil and Nana are speaking to one another.

: "In the end, he didn't come to say goodbye. I guess Blood doesn't matter to him anymore."

: "He said he is going to upgrade the God Arc Soldiers, right?"

"Yeah...but does he need to quit Blood to do it? I wonder if there isn't more to that story."

Gil replies "If there is, we should ask him. Hey, Kimberly, you can get in touch with him, right?"

: "You can use the lounge monitors for video conferencing. They're already connected - go right ahead."

Visibly brightening, Nana continues. "No way! Really?! Did you hear that just now?! Let's get to the lounge and call him right this second!" Nana scampers up the steps, with Gil moseying after her. However, a distraught Kota intercepts you along the way.

: "Sorry I couldn't help you back then. If we had just finished guiding the people to safety... If Romeo hadn't faced death and ran off to help, who knows how many victims there'd be...? It makes me shiver. Thank you... Romeo, I'm so sorry..."

Click here to view.

The lounge is filled with well-wishes, welcomes and questions about God Arc Soldiers and Fenrir. You excuse yourself, and head up to your apartment. On a whim, you see if Yuno is present.

"Come in!"

: "Welcome back. When I was at Friar, I heard that research for a black plague cure is moving to the clinical trial phase. Everyone should od what they can to make the world a better place. I'll do my best too!"

: "I've heard that Friar has begun accepting black plague patients. Will they move the ones who are already here? Even with a casualty among your ranks... I wonder if they're just moving ahead by brute force..."

You take the time to check in on Asuna. She's chipper as usual, recurring pains aside.

: "Hi Kim! Do you know when Romeo's coming back?"

>He's...

"Huh? What's wrong, is Romeo not coming? I wanted him to read me a picture book..."

: "Ah, you're back. I'm terribly sorry about Romeo... You have my condolences. So, where do we go from here? As per the conference at Friar, Blood will become part of the Far East Branch. In short, things are back to the way there were before. I welcome you anew as members of the Far East."

: "I've received a new mission for Blood. We're counting on you. That reminds me. Gil requested that you work on collecting materials from the Old City after this mission. Don't push yourselves too hard. Come back before it gets too late. Here's the mission details...

A Yaksha Raja has been sighted near the coast. Hurry to the scene and destroy it. A colony of both fiery and charged Cocoon Maidens has taken root at the site, but these can be ignored. Avoid unnecessary fights, as the Yaksha Raja will be drawn to the sound of battle. Get the target alone, and finish it off.

Click here to view.

: You have unread mail.
.
.
.
>Sender: Sakaki_Pa@FarEast.gov
>Subject: Welcome to the Far East Branch
>Body:
You've finished your first mission as the Blood Unit
of the Far East Branch. Congratulations.

I have also just completed your official transfers.

You are all now a part of the Far East Branch. I must
admit I was shocked when Dr. Rachel submitted the
request; we've been understaffed for an eternity. I
happily welcome you aboard. The rest of the staff is
also happy to have you.

Please, relax and make yourselves at home. Things
will no doubt be as difficult as ever, but we'll do
our best.

>Sender: Fujiki_Ko@NornOS.net
>Subject: Congrats, Captain
>Body:
I know it isn't necessarily something to celebrate
about right now, but I just heard the news. Being in
charge of people is no easy task, but I know you can
do it - and do it well.

If you're ever worried about something, just let me
know, got it?

.
.
.
: No unread mail.

The lobby looks especially crowded today as you start to do the rounds.

: "Friar's black plague clinic will finally be fully operational. We're going to send all our patients there. Asuna wants you to tell you all about God Arcs when she gets back, by the way." She grins, and continues. Dr. Sakaki said I should write a picture book about God Arcs that kids could understand. Maybe I should..."

: "Thanks to Friar's quick acceptance of patients, things are going pretty smoothly here. I can't say we' had the greatest reaction to the plague... People have stopped fighting amongst themselves and the patients can focus on recovering. Friar's amazing!"

In the booth, Ciel, Nana and Gil are sitting and eating. Ciel stands at attention upon seeing your approach, while Nana does the same, sitting, albeit with a half-bitten cookie. Gil nods in acknowledgement.

: "As Blood Vice Captain, I will continue to serve as your advisor. I am inexpexperienced but nonetheless will continue to do my best."

: "I just heard that Julius's God Arc Soldier was very successful."

Ciel responds. "The results of the battle have pleased the people, as well as the upper echelons of Fenrir."

"He's truly a master if he can get those Soldiers working now."

: "They're quickly producing results. That's him for you, I guess. Captain, we should work on our missions too, before we fall behind that guy."

Emil hears the commotion from down in the pit.

: "That God Arc Soldier is demonstrating such spectacular effort, you'd think it had been reborn! We cannot lose to it, fellow knight! Now is the time to let Polarstern shine!"

Since Asuna's leaving soon, you decide to check in on the kiddo before she's moved. Yuno greets you in the infirmary along with little Asuna.

: "So you've offically been sworn in as captain of the Blood Unit. Should I congratulate you?" She smiles. "They're going to send the patients to the hospital on Friar, so Asuna wants to say thank you to Blood."

: "Thank you for keeping us safe! I was back here all the time, but I never felt lonely. I'll come back after I get better, okay? And then I'll take care of EVERYBODY!" A small giggle fit later, she continues. "So I'd be real happy if you wait for me!"

Lightly laughing with her, Yuno continues. "Keep in touch after you go to Friar, okay, Asuna?"

"Yeah! I'm excited to see what Friar's like. I won't forget you when I go to Friar!"

: "I've received a new mission for Blood. Friar's God Arc Soldiers are dealing with almost all of the large Aragami. Blood and the other units have been entrusted with exterminating the remaining small and mid-sized Aragami...

Eliminate the Yaksha Raja and the charged Chi-You in the abandoned carrier. All but Divine weaponry will work on the Yaksha Raja, whereas Blaze will set the Chi-You alight. Friar's unmanned God Arc Soldiers have been sent in, and have already dispatched seventy percent of the Aragami. God Eaters are on cleanup duty."

Click here to view.

Character Episodes unlocked this update:

Click here to watch
Learned the Sonic Caliber Blood Art.

Click here to watch
Learned Two ranks of the Blazing Heart Blood Art.

Click here to watch
Forgot Recruit 2 (making her roughly on par with every other God Eater companion) and learned the Gatling Spike Blood Art.

Click here to watch
Required for unlocking a future upgrade path; nothing new learned.

Click here to watch
Learned Bond Blocker Blood Bullet. Sniper rounds break down enemy defences when they hit.

Click here to watch
Learned wide area heal bomb.

Click here to watch
Nothing new learned.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Oof, that update had a lot of recording to do, and grinding out missions to get character episodes to proceed. Next update also had a ton of recording, and I did grinding to get a rare drop. On the other hand, the grinding sessions really helped out my wallet, and I discovered, by accident, a couple of techniques, and a good way to take down Sariels using a scythe.

I'm pretty sure I didn't show them off during the recording so I'll just put them here.

The two techniques were; 1) You can guard cancel your ground combo recoil animations, allowing for faster attacks with non-buster and long blades, and 2) Aerial combos can be extended again by using double jump.

I've been skipping Sariel fights because they used to take for Goddamn ever to kill because it's a right pain in the rear end to hit them with buster blades, and scythes do minimal damage. Using a scythe, with the light ground combo, you can attack their legs to break them, you can also jump and attack with mad orbit Blood Art and if you aim correctly, you can Devour their legs. While these will deal minimal damage, your OP generation is still getting higher. Make sure you bring God Eaters with assault or sniper guns to help you DOWN the Aragami. HDH bullets are a huge help as well, otherwise aim for the torso and face. When the Sariel is down, it suffers a lot more piercing damage, and you should mag dump your gun at this point. Rinse and repeat.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

drat, Kims got one hell of a haymaker

So after all that with Erina we just get a slightly average companion?

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Oct 28, 2016

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

SSNeoman posted:

So after all that with Erina we just get a slightly average companion?

Currently she's a 2nd Gen God Eater with only one downside of -5 Dexterity (takes longer to switch weapon forms), and has level 1 of Gatling Spike, which modifies her ground combo. In practical terms, not a whole lot changed given for the time involved.

  • Locked thread