Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Worldwalker_Pure posted:

There's free DLC for the Vita and PS4 versions where the game gives you duplicate versions of every character except Kigurumi; they have alternate God Arcs, Blood Arts, and skill loadouts and their outfits are in a different color. You can only take them on Free Missions, but they count as separate characters from their originals, so you could, say, double up on bringing Kanon to a mission.

I can confirm that stuff is in the PC version too.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Where would I go about getting that? Steam is saying "There is no downloadable content available for this game."

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

: You have unread mail.
.
.
.
>Subject: (Cc: All) Livie agreed, but...
>Body:
You guys, I'm really worried about Livie's health! I
know she's the only one who can use Romeo's God Arc,
and she promised and everything. But we've gotta make
this as easy as possible for her!

And on a side note, Romeo's always been Romeo. His
Blood Power WOULD be Heart.

>Subject: (Cc: All) Supporting Livie
>Body:
Livie is going to carry out her mission using
another's God Arc, knowing it will drain her own
life, all because of her promise to Romeo.

I agree with Nana: we have to help Livie. Romeo would
do the same if he were still alive.

>Subject: (Cc: All) That Settles It
>Body:
If Livie is going to lead us to Julius, then there's
only one thing we can do.

>Sender: FENRIR INTELLIGENCE CENTER
>Subject: Livie's Return to the Front Lines
>Body:
I've received word that Livie's vitals have returned
to normal. As such, the invasion of the upper layer
of the Spiral Tree will move ahead shortly. From my
experience, the likelihood that Livie will push
herself in order to make up for her absence is quite
high. Support her however you can.

I'm counting on you.

Isaac Feldman,
Intelligence Center

.
.
.
: No unread mail.

: "We're available to help with the search too, you know! The more work, the more important it is to delegate! We don't have any special abilities like you Blood or Livie, but we're veterans at cutting Aragami down to size!"

You head up to the infirmary level to pay Livie a visit. Yae greets you outside in the hallway.

: "Having fun is definitely good for a patient. It brightens their mood and hastens recovery. It's just... Could you maybe tell Nana to be a little quieter inside the infirmary rooms?"

Inside, Ciel and Nana are visiting Livie. Livie herself is looking a lot better than the last you've seen her.

: "According to Yae, it won't be long until she's ready to come back. I just...don't want her to overdo it... I hope she can still rest a bit more before heading back in."

: "We talked about lots of stuff... Life at the orphanage, old stories about Romeo... I feel like we've finally become friends! Friends talk about stuff!"

: "When we went on missions together, I always wondered at how bright and energetic you all were... I guess we never really talked... I always thought casual conversation was entirely unecessary for the mission. This kind of thing is actually pretty nice though every once in a while."

: "I've received a new mission for Blood, specifically...

A huge swarm of fiery Aragami is cover the Old City. At their head rides a magmatic Borg Camlann. Destroy it to dissipate this swarm. Be warned that a large number of fiery Vajratail are approaching the area. In addition, the Borg Camlann has a bodyguard, a fiery Gboro-Gboro. Keep an eye out for it."

Click here to view.

: "Livie's return to duty has been approved. I'm sure that all your visits have helped her greatly."

: "Yae said she can join us on our next mission! I tink she's still in her infirmary room, so let's go and celebrate her recovery!"

: "Go talk with her and find out if she is really ready to be back. The upcoming fight that we face... I don't think it's one we can win by guts and willpower alone."

Livie's donned her red riding cloak, and is heading out of the room when you meet her.

: "I really caused you all a lot of trouble, didn't I...? Don't worry, though. I'm fine now. I've already heard from Director Feldman. We've got to calm to the Oracle storm, right?"

>It's only been a short recovery time. Are you sure you're ready for it?

"Oh, you have nothing to worry about. I know that If I overdo it, I'll have the wrath of Blood at my back." She chuckles and continues. "It's not about brute force, but more about heart. I think I can use Romeo's power correctly this time."

>I'm counting on you.

"I guess it's goodbye to the infirmary... As soon as I finish thanking Yae, let's go out on a mission."

: "Even though she's back, she's still in convalescence. She hasn't used a God Arc in a while either. ket's take her on a easy mission for now and help her back!"

You head up to speak with Dr. Sakaki on a previous paperwork you've submitted.

: "Let me congratulate you on Livie's return to duty. We have al ong fight ahead. Please giver her your support. As for the 'Eternal Destruction' from your report, Soma and I are searching it together. If we lose the Singularity and that truly comes to pass... We can't walk into that situation blindly."

Back down in the lobby, Nana and Gil are in the booth.

: "We've still got time before heading to the upper layer. Until then, we should do lots of snack -er, training!"

: "As part of her rehab, let's take her on a normal mission. If anything looks shaky, we'll respond immediately. Failure is not an option. That's why we need to take it in steps, slowly but surely."

: "We are currently arranging the logistics for exploration of the Tree's upper layer. For now, please take care of the Aragami nearby as part of Livie's rehabilitation. Here are the details...

We have confirmed an unusual increase in the number of Zygotes in Aegis. There are both normal and charged Zygotes present. Rid the area of them with all haste. A Dyaus Pita was sighted nearby as well. If it enters the area, destroy it as well."

Click here to view.

: "Operations on the upper layer are about to commence! We're going to work hard on the next base camp! Once we get up there, most of the Tree will be available for investigation. Let's do our best!"

: "My guys keep getting all excited, saying they saw the black butterflies... Not just one, but almost half the crew say they've seen'em. Just what are they, anyway? Aragami?"

In the lounge, Nana is steadily working on a diminishing pile of oden sandwiches. Gina is on the other end of the bar, watching the spectacle.

: "Livie's finally back! We can finally get around to the upper layer! Oh! They said there'll be a bunch of long fights, so I figure we should fill our bellies while we still can... How about it, Kim? Want one of Mutsumi's patented footlong-extra-vitamin-packed oden sandwiches?" She offers one while biting down into another.

: "You're headed to the upper layer? It will only get more dangerous from here on out. What lies in wait, I wonder... Someone may eventually fall... Much like how you have to water flowers, you also should carefully tend to people."

You head up to meet your appointment with Director Feldman.

: "Livie is back and should have no problems controlling Heart. We'll resume our investigation of the upper layer. Our strategy will be the same as it was for the mid layer. Livie and Blood will expand the secure safe territory. We expect it to be a long operation and we will need to secure relief personnel and proceed with caution."

Nearby, Dr. Sakaki is looking at a datapad with a picture of a black butterfly hovering in midair.

: "Black butterflies... Perhaps we could learn something if we smapled the bias field pulse data at the moment of appearance... Maybe the data we though was just interference holds the key... I should look over that again..."

: "As we near the upper layer, interference in the bias field pulse increases. Could it just be the Oracle storm, Dr. Sakaki?"

Dr. Leah stops you on your way out.

: "Look, Kimberly. I know it isn't easy to give up any ground that we've worked so hard to secure, but sometimes we just have to start over... Don't do anything rash on the upper layer, and don't be afraid to back out if need be."

: "An upper layer mission is now available. Prepare for a series of drawn out fights.

This will be a four phase operation to clear the upper layer of the Tree. The risks are very real here, but so are the rewards - establishing a safe base camp and getting our hands on some rare materials.

Phase 1: Eliminate a Marduk and two Yaksha
Phase 2: Eliminate a polar Quadriga and a Demiurge
Phase 3: Eliminate the primary target, a Spartacus. There will be secondary targets here, but they are not necessary to eliminate.
Phase 4: Eliminate a Yan Zhi and two Yaksha Tivra

Click here to view.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Ulvirich posted:

Where would I go about getting that? Steam is saying "There is no downloadable content available for this game."

Unfortunately I have no idea, they were just there when I installed it. Maybe try verifying the files?

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Argas posted:

Unfortunately I have no idea, they were just there when I installed it. Maybe try verifying the files?

Found out what the problem was. I've two copies of the game. one's the steam install, the other is a copy I have on another HDD to help out recording performance. The one on the different HDD doesn't have the update with the alternative characters and outfits.

Tangentially related, the game has a sanity check that prevented possible save corruption, so kudos to the developers for that.

@Worldwalker_Pure What would you like to see then, with the alternate characters?

edit: As they are right now, they're all essentially dramatically different versions of the normal characters. Some have different armaments, some keep the same ones they've been using. And I'm pretty sure none of them share the same Blood Arts. Nana's a healer right out of the box for example. :v:

Ulvirich fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Dec 7, 2016

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Ulvirich posted:

edit: As they are right now, they're all essentially dramatically different versions of the normal characters. Some have different armaments, some keep the same ones they've been using. And I'm pretty sure none of them share the same Blood Arts. Nana's a healer right out of the box for example. :v:

yOu MiSs YoUr FrIeNdS, kImBeRlY?? hErE, I mAdE nEw OnEs FoR yOu To EnJoY

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

Yeah, the fact that they all have different Blood Arts is part of the point, although I admit it's easier to tell if you're a crazy person like me and memorized what everyone's Blood Arts were in the first place.

Honestly, just showing off a few of them would be nice. Maybe Kanon, Nana, and Emil? You could talk about how their default skills are different if you wanted, too, since that seems interesting.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Yeah sure, I can do that. May be in the upcoming or following update. Have to think of a way to display it.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
Kanon, Kanon and NotEmil?

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

: You have unread mail.
.
.
.

>Sender: Fujiki_Ko@NornOS.net
>Subject: Search Update
>Body: Search update
We've lost the signals from Gil, Ciel, and Nana's
armlets. Right now working solely off visual
confirmations, but if we find anything I'll let you
know ASAP. Btw, when you got separated, there were
lots of black butterflies, right? I wonder if we
might find something by following them...

>Sender: Vogelweid_Er@NornOS.net
>Subject: I heard something from Hibari
>Body:
I've heard that the other members of Blood still
haven't come back from the Tree. Let us know if
there's anything we can do. We'll help you find them,
I promise.

>Sender: FAR EAST BRANCH
>Subject: (URGENT) Search and Rescue
>Body:
This message has been automatically delivered to all
Far East Branch members. We have lost contact with
three officers on the third floor of the Spiral Tree:

Ciel Alencon, Gilbert McLane and Nana Kosuke

We are asking for your assistance in the search. We
are monitoring around the clock, so if you noticed
anything during deployment, please contact us ASAP.

.
.
.
: No unread mail.

: "Apparently we can't detect the beacon signals of the three lost. The search may take time... In any case, all available God Eaters will probably be assigned to the search."

: "Don't let it get to ya! Trust in your friends, do what ya gotta do, and things'll just strangly fall into place! Yup!"

: "Apparently the search area has been set to a place with concentrated black butterfly activity. Arc Aberrants have been detected in the area as well. You should be extra careful!"

You head up to Director Feldman.

: "Captain Kimberly. I've gone over the report. Finding the lost Blood members is our top priority. The Spiral Tree operation is temporaily on hold. We can't rely on the armlet beacons, but we've detected a strangle interference - most likely the black butterflies. I have organized a mission to the site where the signal interference originated. Please head there immediately."

: "We now know that the black butterflies and Dr. Rachel are connected. Those things move according to her will. It seems they also disrupt the bias field pulse and beacon signals, much like chaff radar countermeasures. We've just got to search however we can. I will contact you as soon as we have more information."

: "Our movement is restricted to areas that have been made safe by the control devices. You know what that means? If the lost Blood members have been taken deeper into the Tree... Only you and Corporal Livie can save them. So don't take too many risks... Stay safe out there."

Back down in the pit, Lindow's with Livie, looking at the projected strategic map.

: "Yo, Kimberly! You've probably hear,d but I've been assigned to help you with the search for the missing Blood members. It's just...you really came through for me that time with the Kyuubi... Now it's my turn. Let's do this!"

: "Everyone's status is still unknown... We can't just sit here, wasting time. Let's go join the search."

: "I've received new orders for Blood. Here are the details.

This will be a five-phase operation to clear the upper layer of the Tree so that we may carry out a search for missing Blood personnel. A number of Arc Aberrant responses have been detected. Expect fierce resistance.

Phase 1: Eliminate a Borg Camlann and a Corrosive Hannibal. Field Effect - Debuff: Constant Moderate DEF down
Phase 2: Eliminate a Ouroboros. Field Effect - Debuff: Constant Moderate DEF down
Phase 3: Eliminate a single Gboro-Gboro. Secondary targets include a Nyx Alpha and polar Ogretails. Field Effect - Debuff: Constant Moderate DEF down
Phase 4: Eliminate a Yaksha Tivra and two Ontovasaras. Field Effect - Debuff: Constant Moderate DEF down, Moderate ATK down
Phase 5: Eliminate the unknown Arc Aberrant response.

Click here to view.

You immediately escort Gil to the infirmary, and put in a request in for a bias factor injection for him as Yae accepts him into the infirmary ward. There's been no new mail aside from clothing catalogue adverts and more technical updates from engineering. A short time later, Yae walks with Gil out of the room.

: "Just in case, I expanded the parameters of his medical check, but there were no issues. Don't worry. Thank goodness you found him so quickly."

: "Rachel's really done it this time... I'm worried about Nana and CIel. Let's find them soon, Captain."

You head up to Dr. Sakaki

: "We've searched all the areas that we currently can and haven't found anything. That means... Nana and Ciel must be somewhere even deeper inside, somewhere we haven't reached yet. You'll need to return to expanding the safe area. Then we'll have a wider range for the search."

Down in the pit, Emil is looking over a collection of fly swatters from the merchant.

: "Fluttering incessantly before my vision - the little black pests! Curses! I cannot focus on my honorable mission! However, indiscriminate killing is unbecoming of me. Hmph! The path of a knight is a hard one!"

: "I've received a new mission for Blood. Here are the details.

A survey team was performing routine Oracle Cell collection at the Bridge of Divine Selection when they were attacked by a Chi-You and an Ukonvasara. One team member was devoured, halting the survey. Deploy immediately and avenge the fallen."

Click here to view.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

It's kind of weird that Lindow goes with you when you find Gil, considering that Haruomi is Gil's old pal.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

My guess is that while Haru is completely optional to bring along past the Rufus Caligula fight, Lindow's guaranteed to of been in your group more than once, and he already comes with several skills learned. So if some players were just bringing a static group of 2-3 God Eaters, and they've been forced to bring Lindow, he won't be that much of a handicap compared to their usual group. Fortunately, I like Lindow and he's been getting upgrades as I play. :v:

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

There's also the in-story perspective where Lindow internally produces his own Bias Factor thanks to his aragami arm, which is really handy for an extended search-and-rescue mission since they'd be able to bring along extra Bias Factor for Gil to insure he gets back.

But yeah Lindow is also one of the better/cooler NPCs you can bring along so most players will have probably kept him up to date.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

: "Where in the gently caress is my barrette?" I mutter to myself as sleep still tries to drag me back to my warm bed while the alarm clock tries to argue otherwise. My wandering hands rub the sleep out and reach out to grab my glasses so I can see past my arms.

Anywho, getting dressed is a easy affair, having picked out the outfit earlier in the week.

: "'Kay, that looks like a million bucks! Yep, all set." I exit my room and head down the hall to the elevator.

"Elevator took a while, eh." Julius mentions as he exits from the now open cage door. "Come on Miki, we've got a mission scheduled."

Under the watchful eyes of Julius, I enjoy a nice chat with him as we ride down the elevator.

: "Proceed to the front desk when you're good to go, Miki. I'll be at the helipad. Just don't take too long like the last time." Julius grins and waves.

I try to check out my mail on the terminal, however for some reason I just don't feel like it. it's just showing a bunch of weird figures. Must be on the fritz.

: "Miki! Make sure you eat before leaving! I don't want you to faint on us again. That last time gave me quite the fright. You have to take better care of yourself!" Nana scolds me on my poor eating habits.

: "Yeah, yeah, I'm heading to the lounge right now. I'll eat, I'll eat. You don't have to follow me to make sure."

: "Hmph, you'd better. Ve haf vays of making you devour." She puts on the meanest face she can and accent to boot. Which just makes the both of us burst out in a giggle fit.

: "Mutsumi, could I please have my usual, the..."

: "Ah, say no more Miki, you always come 'round this hour, I've already got it heated up and ready to go." She slides my plate over.

: "I don't believe I'll ever get tired of this. Thank you for the food!"

My cellphone rings, and I answer.

: "Would you hurry it up, Miki? Go talk to Fran, we're waiting on you, slowpoke."

: "Took your time. The rest of Blood is waiting on the helipad. Here're the details of your mission.

We are tracking the big snowstorm in the Far East. It is caused by underground glaciers of the Arctic Ring Square and Arctic mountains. Delete them. This amalgamations has a lot of firepower. Do not make mistakes when preparing your defense."

Click here to view.

User> A_Sinon.Wind_Shear
Pass> ************

.
.
.

Verified...100%

Welcome back to GEMMO, Wind Shear!

/c friendlist

(3) Friends Online
Emil
Erina
Kanon

: "hey sinon we're gonna do a dungeon shortly wanna join"

: "Heck yes. I was logging in to ask if anyone else was interested"

: "kk sweet inv inc"

>Kanon has invited you to a group! >Accept< / Decline?

: "Omg Emil, thank you for suggesting sniper guns, they're so cool!"

: "Hey guys!"

: Hi Sinon, done with your coursework already?"

: "Hail and well met, Sinon! We were gathering together to venture out into the abandoned factory tonight to rid the area of undesirables before our raid."

: "Sure, sounds good to me. Give me just a min so I can repair and get ammo?"

: "np hun i'm trying out this new Blast Gun in the shooting range rn"

: "That looks pretty sweet, nice rolls on the modifiers! Ok gonna visit the repair vendor"

/c int t%
Syntax error
/c int

>Resupply<
Buy Items (Carrying)
Buy Items (Storage)
Buy Equipment
Buy Clothing
Sell

: "Repair and rearm all currently equipped gear?" >Yes< / No

: "dang it i got that bug again emil what did u say the fix was"

: "You'll either need to disband the group and reinvite all of us, or pass leader to the last person you invited."

: "ffs Really? How long has that bug been in the game and they still haven't fixed the loving thing?"

>Kanon has promoted you to party leader.

: "q us up for the golden axe when ur ready hun"

: "Ok heading over to the npc now"

/c int
>Standard Missions<
Hard Missions
Special Missions
Event Missions
.
.
.
Wintry Defense
Crampons
>The Golden Axe<
Fiachetto
En Passant
The Wolf and the Crow
.
.
.

: "Kill the Ravana in the Lake of Toxic Runoff. According to the survey team, there is a Golden Gboro-Gboro at the bottom of the Lake. Attempt to harvest as many materials from it as possible should you encounter it."

Click here to view.

You sure wish Yae would come back soon. Your break is coming up quickly, and your stomach is making growling noises.

: "SorrY I tOok so lOng, dear! You can gO on your break noW!"

It would be great right about now to be on a break right about now would be great, yes.

Ciel and Nano are paired up in front of the terminal kiosk, while Romeo is sitting in the elevator on his seat phone.

: "WerEn't yoU forgetTing sOmeonE, Nana? We haVen't mucH time leFt for the missOn."

: "...HmM... Now wHat waS it again? Oden barrettes?

"C'mon Nana! You're the ray of sunshine! You can thinK of SomethinG tasTier thaN thAt!"

Great would be that break, yes, right now is great.

Mutsumi reaches down behind her bar farther and farther and tosses up your God Arc on the counter.

: "I hAvE re-ceIptEd a neW misSion for Blood. Blood. Blood. Dripping Blood. HerE are the details...

UrgEnt: A pOlaR koNgoU, hoT gBoro-orobg, and she charge YOU are beARing dowN on tHe citY. A wallaallaw is aLso in The reGion, bUt is NOt YOU LEFT THEM a taRgeT. FocUs oN SAVE THEM laRger targets. You make haste as the complete ten mission to minutes.

Click here to view.

Click here to watch

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

The first video just says 'unavailable'.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Works for me on a browser where I'm not logged into YT, and I double checked to make sure it's set to public.

Edit: And verified from someone else that it works.

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

And now it works for me. Weird.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

What in the hell is that last outfit even :japan:

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

SSNeoman posted:

What in the hell is that last outfit even :japan:

There's worse.

Edit Today's update is probably going to be postponed until tomorrow morning. A session of fruitless farming comboed with two back to back multiple stage missions.

Ulvirich fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Dec 9, 2016

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Cripes, you haven't had night terrors like that before. Just what the heck were those dreams anyways? Something about a video game and a candy bar? You find your barrette on the night stand just where you left it and get your hair under control before heading to the lobby.

: "There are so many Arc Aberrants out there... I hope Nana and Ciel are okay..."

: "They haven't found the girls yet? What the hell are those search teams doin' out there?! It's been a while since they went missing... Don't tell me they're gone for good, just like that?!"

>I swear I'll find them!

"Yeah! That's what I'm talkin' about. They're waitin' out there. Now go get 'em! I mean, I'll do my part too. Ya know how good I am at sneakin' around, don't ya?"

Down in the pit, Alisa and Gil are combing over scouting reports.

: "Ciel and Nana are proving hard to find... Cradle has put off looking for a base camp spot and joined in the search. I hope we find them soon..."

: "If Nana was to use her Blood Power, we might be able to find her... but she's alone. It's too dangerous. Maybe if we take an oden sandwich, she'll be drawn by the smell... Whoa, I'm joking, I'm joking! Don't take that seriously."

Kanon walks out of the lounge, and salutes you.

: "Instructor Kimberly! Let me know if you need me for anything! I'm ready to pump the Tree full of holes! Um... I can't guarantee that I can actually open any holes, though... I hope that's okay..."

: "I've received a new mission for Blood, specifically... The appearance of a Garm in the upper layer has forced us to call off the search for MIA personnel. Destroy it so that we may resume our search. The fiery Gboro-Gboro following it has caused the temperature in the region to rise rapidly, and we are worried this may cause problems for the base camp. Proceed with all haste."

Click here to view.

: "An upper layer search team found a lead on Nana's location. They also reported black butterfly sightings. I think Nana is probably being kept somewhere around there. We don't know what will happen, so make sure you're ready."

: "C'mon Kimberly, she's probably in a terrible mood with no snacks out there."

: "The satellite bases and other branches are starting to get on our case about the Devouring Apocalypse. I can totally understand... It's only natural to be nervous when there's a huge bomb that could blow up at any sec."

You stop by to grab some essential supplies before heading out.

: "Alright, that should be everything." She hands you multiple sacks of prepared food "I've wrapped some of my special oden sandwiches for Nana. Please take them to her. I'm sure she's famished! And don't you dare snack on them! I've packed enough for everyone, so wait till you find Nana, okay?"

: "The search teams have reported traces that might lead to Nana's location. We have also detected faint traces of the black butterflies there. Make sure you are well prepared.

A large number of Aragami have homed in on the missing Nana Kozuki's resonance ability and are heading her way. This will be a three-phase operation to rescue her from the upper layer of the Tree.

Phase 1: Eliminate the primary target - A Ravana.
Phase 2: Eliminate a Aether and a polar Kongou.
Phase 3: Eliminate two fierce Kongou. Be warned, two unknown Arc Aberrant responses have been tracked to the area.

Click here to view.

(U: :smith: & :unsmith: )

: "That Aragami back there... It felt similar to Nana's Blood Power. Actually... No, it felt far more...sinister. I guess we can think about it after we rescue Ciel. we've got another long battle ahead. Let's do this."

: "I feel like the mid layer Aberrants are increasing in number... Eh, you can leave them to us, though."

: "We've received reports that the black butterflies are gathering just beyond the area where we found Nana. It must be Ciel. Let's make our way there as soon as you're ready."

: "She's probably really hungry! Let's go right away!"

You report in to Director Feldman in the meeting room.

: "The search for Blood Unit members has helped in greatly improving our understanding of the upper layer. If we find an entrance, we may be able to reach the core. I suspect the Singularity will be awaiting us there. We'll take care of base camp construction and pinpointing the Singularity's location. You continue the search for Ciel."

: "There's a mission here based around the search team's scouting report. It should be another series of fights. Make sure you're prepared and that you're in tip-top condition.

A distress signal thought to have been sent by MIA Blood member Ciel Alencon was detected. This will be a three-phase operation in the upper layer of the Tree to rescue her.

Phase 1: Eliminate a Sekhmet and a Susano'o.
Phase 2: Eliminate a charged Chi-You, a polar Gboro-Gboro, and a Chrome Gawain.
Phase 3: An unknown Arc Aberrant response has been detected. Eliminate it.

Click here to view.

The aforementioned farming session I did came up with one interesting vignette for Kimberly. Also shows off my farming outfit. :v:

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

I love that there is never any sign that Nana figured out Dr. Rachel was messing with her. As far as she's concerned, she talked to her Mom and smashed down a door and that's all that happened. It's hilarious.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

In a way, I am glad Nana's sequence was presented as it was. She got to see her Mom again. :unsmith:

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Worldwalker_Pure posted:

I love that there is never any sign that Nana figured out Dr. Rachel was messing with her. As far as she's concerned, she talked to her Mom and smashed down a door and that's all that happened. It's hilarious.
That scene was great, it's a crying shame that the developers didn't add a scene where we get to see Rachel being all confused and wondering what the hell just happened.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

: "Gil and Ciel both said they met Dr. Rachel swallowed up by the black butterflies... Really, though? I mean, I didn't see her! I did see my mom, though..."

>I met Dr. Rachel too.

"What? Really?! Why am I the only one who didn't meet her?! ...Eh. Whatever I guess. I'm happy I got to see my mom again." Sighing, she continues "I really wanted to introduce you to her, Kim..."

: "Arc Aberrants are Aragami that truly reflect the twisted will of Dr. Rachel. Especially this time, I sensed that she had raised those Aragami almost as a response to Blood members. ...It'll be time to head out as soon as the base camp is complete. Let's make all the necessary preparations."

Popping into the lounge, there's only a couple at the bar; Gil and Kanon, and Cappy being chased around by Mutsumi.

: "Ciel got back safely, so we can finally relax a bit. Feldman says we should take it easy for a while, but... I'm thinking of going to help out with the base camp. Just sitting around doesn't really suit me. Let me know when you want to go out on a mission. I'll come back right away."

: "Now that I look at it, it's incredible how high we've come up the Tree... If you were to get knocked off by an Aragami... Please be careful out there, Kimberly!"

: Panting, she stops a minute to catch her breath. "Whew... Ever since Ciel's return, Cappy seems to be in such a good mood! As soon as Ciel came into the room, he jumped all the way out of her cage and ran around willy-nilly!"

The IC personnel in the meeting room are in what passes for a jovial mood for them.

: "Well done. The medical checks confirm that everyone is healthy without any issues. Reports indicate we are likely close to the Singularity. Try to rest as much as you can until the base camp is finished."

: "To rescue every member, safe and sound... Blood really is something else. I'm starting to feel like restoring the Singularity isn't just a dream after all."

: "Just a bit more and Corporal Livie can finally be free... Well, it will just be back to work as usual. I hope that one day, she can be truly free..."

In Dr. Sakaki's office, Ciel is presenting a report to the director.

: "Kimberly! Thank you so much! Dr. Rachel tried to stop me by claiming that the world would end in 'Eternal Destruction' if we tried to rescue Julius. But I got the feeling that she was nervous... That if she didn't stop us, it wouldn't be good for her."

: "The Tree... In other words, if we lose the Singularity, the world will face destruction. Hmmm..."

"That is indeed what Dr. Rachel claimed. If we save Julius, we'll lose this world."

>I was told the same.

Sakaki replies. "With Julius gone, the Devouring Apocalypse loses its goal and destruction continues forever. Hm... Logical, I suppose. But just as Ciel says, Dr. Rachel fears that you will find a 'solution' somehow. This 'solution' would be an outcome that Dr. Rachel would do anything to avoid, and it would be the best possible one for us."

: "We've received reports that a suitable site has been found for a new base camp. Alisa and the construction crew are already working on its construction. Please take care of the Aragami in the area until construction of the base camp is completed.

A Vajra living by the coast has been glaring at the Defense Unit for some time now. A standoff has ensued, as neither side is willing to make the first move. Lend some much-needed backup by eliminating the Vajra. A Tezcatlipoca has been detected nearby. If it joins with the Vajra, things could get ugly. Take out just the Vajra, then return."

Click here to view.

Blood, and Livie are down in the pit when you head back down to the lobby.

: "Once we get past the upper layer, there isn't much left. In other words, the top is very near. That means that Julius is likely in the area at the very top, the flower-like area."

: "The upper layer base camp is almost finished. If we go above that, we'll get to the Singularity... Does that mean Julius will be there too? When I think about that, it makes me a little nervous!"

: "We finally made it this far... It took a while, but we're so close to him now! As soon as the base camp is complete, let's go. We don't have time to be taking it easy."

: "As we move past the base camp and closer to Julius, Dr. Rachel will no doubt try to stop us somehow..."

Livie responds. "Yes, this is the always-prepared Dr. Rachel we're talking about. We have to be ready for anything."

: "Kimberly, got a moment? I'd like to speak to you in private." She leads you over to a far corner of the lobby. "Ah, sorry for calling you here all of a sudden. I wanted to tell you something that's been on my mind. It seems that Blood Rage resonance control system has the effect of amplifying Blood Powers. During Blood Rage, Evoke's bias field pulse goes way up! It really is incredible! If everyone in Blood became able to use Blood Rage.. That would be so amazing! But the MOST powerful one... I think it would be Nana's Attract! She could lure all the Aragami into a cage and make an Aragami zoo! Well, Romeo's Heart is the most powerful, but it isn't Livie's actual power, so she probably can't use Blood Rage. Of course, if you used Romeo's God Arc directly, it might be possible, but you'd get infected for sure..." She catches herself in her reverie. "Sorry, I got a little too excited there. Anyway, I'm just trying to say that Blood Rage has a bright future!"

As you enter, you noticed that There's a few God Eaters milling around the lounge.

: "I got asked to prepare the emergency rations for the base camp. There's so much to make, so it's quite the job... But I'm happy when I think about how it will help you guys!"

: "I just returned from assisting with the base camp. Each brick and beam was placed with my love and care. From that bastion of love shall fly forth the warriors of justice! Hah, we shall certainly prevail!"

: "There have been increasing reports of Aragami, even outside the Tree. The Apocalypse is nearing. But that just means lots more reward money for us! I'm gonna be rolling in it!"

You stop by Soma's lab to see if he's in.

: "If we lose the Singularity, this world will fall into eternal chaos. To stop it, we must restore Julius as the Singularity. It's just like Sakaki and Director Feldman say. Julius as the Singularity is the most reasonable solution. But you guys aren't about to give up, right? neither will I. As a scientist, I'm going to search for another way. Like using link support devices to transmit the power of Heart over the entire Tree, for example. It's still just an idea, but I firmly believe that those who don't give up can make miracles happen."

And in the meeting room...

: "The Singularity is almost certainly at the top of the Tree. However, we expect to meet with resistance. In preparation for the final battle, we are building one last base camp deep in the upper layer to complete the supply chain. Soon we will see the results of our efforts come to fruition. I ask for just a little more patience, Captain."

: "We will soon reach our destination, but I still think our only choice is to restore Julius as the Singularity. Once he has control over the Tree, the Aberrants and black butterflies can slowly be eliminated. It's a gamble to see who can get a checkmate first, and I'm not sure the odds are in our favor..."

: "I've just received word that construction of the upper layer base camp is almost complete! Please take care of these missions until the base camp is fully completed.

After chasing off a charged Borg Camlann and a Dyaus Pita, both Aragami fled into the Old City. There, they got friendly with a swarm of charged Zygotes. Now the difficulty of their disposal has ramped up a notch. Head into the Old City and take these two large Aragami out."

Click here to view.

: You have unread mail.
.
.
.

>Sender: Kusunoki_Li@NornOS.net
>Subject: Everything is good to go here!
>Body:
We're getting really close to the Singularity... I
hear Dr. Rachel's will is closing in as well. That's
why I went ahead and did some special last minute
work on your God Arc!

I know it's gonna be a tough fight.
I'm rooting for you guys.

>Sender: Satsuki@YunoIdol.net
>Subject: I heard the news!
>Body:
You're almost to the top fo the Tree, right? Then
that means we've got out front page story! You'd
better come back safely or I'll have to rewrite my
happy ending article that I've got ready!

...I'm waiting for your safe return.

>Sender: Strasbourg_Em@NornOS.net
>Subject: Friend, let us sparkle in the darkness!
>Body:
The blacker the night, the heavier the gloom, the
brighter we knights must shine as beacons of courage
for our frightened charges! In the most trying of
times, we must diligently raise the banner of hope!
My friend, can you not see them? Our countless
victories against the darkness?! At times we shed
tears, at times we trembled, but still we prevailed!
And now, we stand here, bathed in glory! Now is our
time to shine! To scatter the darkness with the light
of camaraderie and our steely wills!

SPARKLE!!!

.
.
.
: No unread mail.

: "Director Feldman is going to officially order a rescue for Julius. Let me know when your meeting with him is over."

: "Blood will have to break through the enemies in the upper layer, though... But the Far East Branch will handle the enemies in the Tree, and Cradle will handle the ones outside! You take the rest!"

: "We're finally nearing the top of the Tree... First let's meet with Director Feldman. ...Afterwards, I have something I want to tell you. Let's meet again later."

: "The upper layer base camp is finally finished! Sorry for taking so long... We've secured the entrance to the top as well. You should be able to go there whenever you're ready."

: "The Defense Unit will guard the Tree from Aragami intrusion. Not a single Ogretail will make it past! Instructor Kimberly! You decide which path is right and then you run like hell for it, you got that?!"

All of the higher ups are present in the meeting room. The atmosphere is tense, and IC officers are relaying information as soon as they get it to the appropriate head.

: "We have detected incredibly intense Oracle Cell activity at the location of the Singularity signal. Blood... You are the only ones who can stand against it. If we cannot restore Julius as the Singularity, we will have no future. I implore you to do whatever it takes to stop Dr. Rachel's plans for the Devouring Apocalypse."

: "I'm sorry for making you bear this burden until the very end... I'm...truly sorry... As her sister... I have one last request... When you find her, please..." She begins choking back tears.

: "We've reached the top. As branch director, I'm in a positon where I have to ask you to restore the Singularity... However I'm trusting in the power of your will... It is only human will that can unlock the potential for overcoming limitations."

: "No one can say what lies ahead. That's why the last word will fall to you - the ones on the battlefield. Don't give up until you're satisfied with the outcome... That's all I have to say."

: "I used to worry about Corporal Livie - worry that Blood was far too dangerous for her, but... I saw her smile for the first time - and it's thanks to you. I'm rooting for you guys from the bottom of my heart!"

A heavy hand clutches your shoulder, stopping your exit.

: "What's with the gloomy face? Aren't you going to meet with an old friend? Smile, then! C'mon, smile!" You manage. "You guys'll be fine. I guarantee it. So you just go get'em with that smile on your face, all right?"

The rest of Blood has assembled in the lobby.

: "So, we're finally going to the Singularity. Let's go. We're going to rescue Julius from Dr. Rachel's clutches!"

: "We've finally made it! We're finally going to get the chance to save him! You, me, Gil, Ciel, Livie, and Romeo! Let's save him...together! We'll save him together, no matter what!"

: "It won't be long until we reach the Singularity above. before we do, I have something I'd like to share... I believe that Dr. Rachel's will is already very close to Julius - to the Singularity. We must hurry. If for some reason we don't make it in time and the Apocalypse begins, I plan to release Heart to stop it. I know it can't really even be called a strategy, and I don't know if it will work... But still..."

>You can't bear this alone.

"I see." She chuckles.You're right. Hmm, let's see... I supposed I would just ask that you stay beside me until the very end... I think... I can be stronger that way... No matter what happens, we must do everything in our power to end this. And then... We will all reach the Singularity and save Julius!'

: "Finally... This will probably be the last battle. After we deploy, we probably won't be able to come back. Are you prepared for this, Kimberly?"

>You better believe it

"All right, let's go. This time we're gonna bring Julius back, no matter what."

Click here to view.

: You have unread mail.
.
.
.

>Sender: FENRIR HEADQUARTERS
>Subject: REGARDING INCIDENT REPORT - BLACK - #005
>Body:

DIRECTOR ISAAC FELDMAN,

HEADQUARTERS HAS ACKNOWLEDGED RECEIPT OF INCIDENT
REPORT - BLACK - #005

DEBRIEFING WILL COMMENCE UPON RECOVERY OR
CONFIRMATION OF MIA/KIA PERSONNEL.

STANDBY FOR FURTHER ORDERS.

>Sender: FENRIR HEADQUARTERS
>Subject: FAR EAST BRANCH INCIDENT
>Body:

ALL FENRIR BRANCH DIRECTORS.

THREAT ELIMINATED.

HEADQUARTERS EXPECTS CIVIL UNREST TO BE QUELLED
WITHIN A MONTH. ADDITIONAL POLICE UNITS WILL BE
ASSIGNED AUTOMATICALLY ON A PER INCIDENT BASIS.

RESUME NORMAL OPERATIONS. QUOTAS ARE UNCHANGED AND
ARE EXPECTED TO BE FULFILLED AT TE END OF THE CURRENT
CYCLE.

.
.
.
: No unread mail.

You put down the datapad. It's been a hell of a time, to say the least. Initial scouting attempts had to be pulled back due to the Zone's effects on Oracle activity, and the Far East Branch's engineering crew has been working overtime on retrofitting the old petrochem engines into the helicopters. The first scouting team has just sent in its report upon reaching the edge, and the camera feed...

Well, it's nothing short of miraculous.

Click here to view.

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

Pack it in, folks, we've hit Peak Anime. You can't get more Anime than this.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Yeah, when I beat GE2RB, the sheer anime of that conclusion floored me. It's not even whether I felt it was good or bad, it was just so anime.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

It tickled me pink watching yet another nuclear-esque explosion in low frame rate animation. But at least the rest of it was pretty feel good, if corny as hell.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I'm gonna be the idiot who asks "so they do realize that now people can go back from being God Eaters, yes?"
Cause if Romeo's power could purge the devouring appocalypse, purging the cells from a hum-

...I'm overthinking this. I should just enjoy the rad music.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It's amusing that they made a big deal about the Arc Aberrants, yet only the Chrome Gawain is actually hard to deal with.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

I've got a big grocery list of Aragami parts here, so it'll take me a while to chew through it. In the meantime, anything in particular y'all want to see for the next update?

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
And finally, in the end, they got Nana to wear sensible clothing for once. And it only took the near end of the world.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

What're some good starting weapons/weapons for scrubs if you want to be good at this game but suck at monster hunter?

And show off some of the other Blood Arts if you can. That Buster Blade Dash one was cool.

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

SSNeoman posted:

What're some good starting weapons/weapons for scrubs if you want to be good at this game but suck at monster hunter?

And show off some of the other Blood Arts if you can. That Buster Blade Dash one was cool.

Short Blade. It's designed for mobility, most enemies have at least one point on their body it's good against, and it's fairly easy to figure out the Blood Arts it uses. Also I'm terrible at Monster Hunter but I've managed to fully complete both God Eater games, so there's that.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

I am probably biased in saying this however I'd recommend Buster Blade and Charge Spear for that. Sitting in the first couple of practice missions to get your bearings and handling on weaponry is likewise something I'd recommend.

Buster Blade's light ground swings horizontally, while heavy attacks vertically. Aerial attacks are a rather simple light to heavy, or just heavy to return to the ground. Charge Crush is likewise a simple affair of just holding down a button and landing your attack, and can teach you timing with the Aragami's attacks. I don't use the special action parry all that often because I am really bad at timing in the game and there's just so many attacks I would have to learn the timing on. I typically use it as a method to continue ground combos if I do use it.

Charge Spear is a straight forward weapon; the light ground combo makes sweeping attacks, while the heavy makes a series of thrust attacks on a single point. Light aerial is a 1-2 attack, and you can finish it with a diving heavy attack. The special attack just charges your spear and sends you dashing forward. When you use the special action for this weapon class, you dash backwards and are launched into the air where you can continue into a aerial.

I feel that Short and Long Blades require a bit more finesse out of a player, and Boost Hammer and Variant Scythe will leave you open for long periods of time. No weapon is outright worse than the other, and you can go the entire game without swapping to another weapon class. Disclosure: The weapons I have the most time played with from least to most are Short Blade, Long Blade, Boost Hammer, Charge Spear, Variant Scythe and Buster Blade.

Damage-wise, Buster Blades deal slashing and/or crushing in varying amounts, while Charge Spears deal mostly in piercing. On medium to large Aragami, pay attention to what parts NPCs are shooting or attacking. They will, usually, prioritize parts weak to piercing bullets with their guns, and parts weak to their melee attacks. Ciel is a rather good NPC buddy with a sniper gun. She can demonstrate weak locations with her gun, and can keep you healed up when you're still learning the ropes.

Gun parts are largely a matter of preference. Assault Guns can spam the bejeebers as shown in the dream video but deal little damage. Sniper Guns are point and click hitscan. They can deal large amounts of damage but you have to be accurate with'em if not using a Head Definite Hit bullet. Blast Guns, well you've seen how they act in the majority of my videos; they've got a lot of room in the Bullet Editor to make effective bullets with. And shotguns are point blank mag dumps.

Now, shields. I've been leaning heavily on the Kurogane line of shields because of one very special skill that's rare to find on any other shield; Reduced Guard Damage (lvl 10). This eliminates chip damage taken while guarding. The game doesn't outright teach you how to guard until Difficulty Tier 3, when you first face a Borg Camlann in the mission "Scorpion Sunday." When you reach that mission, it would behoove you to learn the tell for the tail sweep attack. The Aragami screeches, drops a shield arm to the ground, while keeping the other up near its mouth, then does the sweep. All Borg Camlann variants do this exact same animation tell. If you don't learn how to guard, or otherwise avoid this attack, you will have a bad time later in the game. I ran the mission several times to get this lesson down pat, and from there I then applied to other Aragami attacks.

Another important skill to learn is how and when to Devour. There are two types of Devouring; charged and quick. Charged Devour gives you a full burst bar, and 3 Aragami bullets you can transfer. Quick Devour gives you half a burst bar, and 1 bullet. Charged is slow (but is affected by Charged Ability Speed skill) so you only want to use that on Aragami downed, held, or unaware of your presence. Quick lets you get a quick bite in, and can be used, typically, in between Aragami attacks. Charged is like the Buster Blade, or Charge Spear - You hold the button down then release when the God Arc's mouth gets large enough. Quick you perform by interrupting a ground combo, or from out of guarding.

The game has good documentation, for the most part, with the Database. If there are terms you are unfamiliar with, the it's likely to be in there. Articles belonging to weapon usage are located in the System Terms category.

edit: With regards to the Blood Arts bit, I did show off all of the Blood Arts, or nearly so, with Buster Blades and Variant Scythes. :v: Some, obviously, I've shown more than others.

Ulvirich fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Dec 13, 2016

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
Does Livie get her own Blood Art, now that she's a proper member of Blood and using her own weapon?

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Nuramor posted:

Does Livie get her own Blood Art, now that she's a proper member of Blood and using her own weapon?

Yes, and I'll show her off in a upcoming update.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Upon returning to the Far East Branch, you all get a warm welcome back. Some more than others. It was nothing short of miraculous. As tempting as it was to stay human, however this is a world worth fighting for, and you're not going to give up without a fight. Being reunited with your God Arc was painful at first, but it welcomed you back as well, comfortable in your own hands again.

Also,
God drat is your inbox full.

: You have unread mail.
.
.
.

>Sender: Takeda_Hi@FarEast.gov
>Subject: Welcome back
>Body:
There is so much I want to talk with you about... but
now you have to rest.

You've earned it... You really have.

>Sender: Bourgogne_Fr@FarEast.gov
>Subject: Welcome Back
>Body:
Julius and Romeo!

I never thought the day would come when I'd request
to have them both returned to their home unit.

This is one of the happiest days of my life!

>Sender: Hoshino_Ur@FarEast.gov
>Subject: Hey there!
>Body:
How are you? It seems like there weren't any problems
with your medical check, but I hear they need to keep
observing you for a while. Take it easy on your body, okay?

By the way, some mochi snacks arrived from my
hometown the other day. Why don't we have some
together soon?

>Sender: Makabe_Te@FarEast.gov
>Subject: Welcome back
>Body:
I was worried when your armlet beacons went down...
I'm just glad I can see you all together again like
this! I hear that you'll be ready for action again
soon, but don't be afraid to take a break every once
in a while. Why don't be go check out the ACNS
museum together?

>Sender: Claudius_Le@FIC.gov
>Subject: My Decision
>Body:
Hell, members of Blood. Thank you for listening to my
story. Thanks to all of you, I think we've made my
sister's spirit human again. I can't thank you enough.
You've inspired me to pursue the potential of the God
Arc Soldiers, no matter what it takes or what
roadblocks I encounter.

Noblesse Oblige.

I will follow my father's example with pride and
repay the debt to my sister, as well as those who
lost their lives.

>Sender: Fujiki_Ko@NornOS.net
>Subject: He's changed, man...
>Body:
Soma's been holed up by himself in the lab recently,
and when I brought him a little something the other
day, he went on and on about Retro Oracle Cell
immune reactions and simple culture development and
all kinds of crazy stuff... I'm scared to go alone
now!

Come with me next time!

>Sender: Daiba_Ka@NornOS.net
>Subject: instructor, i have a question!
>Body:
so what the heck happened to the devouring apocalypse
in the end? i think i get that there's a sacred
ground and aragami and god arcs can't do anything
there...

it'd be great if you could take me to the sacred
ground and teach me a bunch sometime!

>Sender: Makabe_Ha@NornOS.net
>Subject: God, Buddha, Blood!
>Body:
It might be nice to slow down for once and take it
easy, don't ya think? Why don't you come along with
me on one of my survey missions?

>Sender: Bardell_Br@NornOS.net
>Subject: Kimberly
>Body:
At any moment, a real fighter can exceed your
expectations. I've seen it many times before. When I
do, it makes me want to keep improving myself, little
by little.

This time, I want to be more like you, Kimberly. I'm
very glad we met.

>Sender: Ogawa_Sh@NornOS.net
>Subject: I Just. Don't. GET IT!
>Body:
What's this about you becoming human again? And then
you're back to being a God Eater? Why?

And what the hell is the sacred ground?

SOMEONE! ANYONE! EXPLAIN THIS TO ME!!!

>Sender: Schneider_Ka@NornOS.net
>Subject: An offer you can't refuse
>Body:
Real estate agents are taking a good look at that
sacred ground and they like what they see. You've
been a good friend, so I'll let you in on some real
profitable investment strategies. What do you say?

>Sender: Kusunoki_Li@NornOS.net
>Subject: I've already tried it out!
>Body:
I tried taking some of our Oracle-based equipment to
the sacred ground, but as soon as I set foot inside,
all Oracle Cell activity totally stopped! It's crazy
to think that doing the Devouring Apocalypse, your
God Arcs kept their Bias factor for some reason... I
can only think that the power of your wills held some
strange power...

In other words, there is still so much I don't
understand!

>Sender: Vogelweid_Er@NornOS.net
>Subject: Looking forward to working with you!
>Body:
I've heard al ot of rumors about how Blood are no
longer going to work as God Eaters, but I'm glad to
see that those rumors were all hot air. There's still
a lot I want Blood to Teach me, so there is NO way I
would have let you quit! Jokes aside, I'm just happy
you're all back safe and sound.

Make sure to crack the whip on me to help me train!

>Sender: Chikura_Mu@NornOS.net
>Subject: The Ingredients Arrived!
>Body:
The director from the IC brought a lot of stuff from
HQ!

I've prepared a lot of food, so come hungry and eat
up before it disappears!

>Sender: FENRIR INTELLIGENCE CENTER
>Subject: (Cc: All) Spiral Tree Site Management
>Body:
Thanks to the efforts of the Far East Branch staff on
all levels, the Spiral Tree and all other threats are
deemed neutralized. In addition to announcing the
completion of its investigation, the IC expresses its
thanks to all staff members for their exemplary
service. The Far East Branch will maintain the site
and oversee the investigation with all available
resources.

Isaac Feldman, IC

>Sender: Schicksal_So@NornOS.net
>Subject: (None)
>Body:
"Every mystery solved opens the door to another
mystery." It's something my father used to say.

I think the sacred ground will keep me busy for a
long time yet. Your help will, of course, be much
appreciated.

.
.
.
: No unread mail.

And of course, you spent most of the time deleting the numerous adverts from the clothing catalog, and pouring over the technical updates.

: "I knew that you would return once again to the path of the God Eater. I am proud to walk it side by side with you, my friend! Ah, let us rejoice and celebrate this reunion with my renowned handmade tea!" He shoves a teacup in your hands and produces a thermos "I won't take no for an answer!"

...This man knows his tea.

: "'Blood Reborn!' Man, that sounds SO cool! All right! Starting today, we are coming at you '1st Unit Reborn' style!"

: "You really came through for us - in regards to the Retro Oracle Cells as well. I know that just talk isn't enough, though. Now it's our turn. We'll show you that we can make this world that you protected for us...even better. We have a long road ahead. No matter what form it may take, let's walk this path together."

: "I'm thinking about how we can apply the technologies that we created for the base camps to other projects. If maintenance and other costs go down, it will make larger projects much more possible. It's not like the Aragami have disappeared from this world or anything... We've got to keep doing what we can!"

There's a banquet happening in the lounge, and how can you turn down that invitation? Besides Nana can't possibly eat ALL that food.

: "I never thought I'd see Romeo's mug again... But he's really back! Julius too!"

Behind the bar, Mutsumi is fretting over something.

: "Oh no, I did it again.. What to do, what to do... I used way too much of the food rations for the party, but...it'll be okay, right? Yeah! It's totally fine!"

: "Hey Kim! I know it's kinda late for this, but HOW COOL IS MY BLOOD POWER, RIGHT?! ...Just kidding! I wanted a Blood Power so bad, but when it came to it, it wasn't that big of a deal. I finally realized that wanting to help others - that kind of thing - is way more important. I can do better. I'm going to do better!"

: "After we were swallowed up by the light of Blood Rage, you heard what Dr. Rachel said, right? Just like old times... No, much softer than back then... She spoke in a calm, gentle voice. When I laid my hand on Romeo's God Arc, I felt our will - for Romeo and for the world... I wonder if our feelings reached Dr. Rachel... I would like to believe that they did."

: "So, I'm part of the same unit as Julius and Romeo now... Abandoned by Dr. Rachel when I was young, I had given up on joining Blood - and now I'm one of them... Fate is a fickle beast..."

: "Romeo is really back with us! Julius is back, Romeo is back... I mean... I don't think there could be anything happier than this!"

: "I've been thinking about the sacred ground recently... Thanks to you, the Apocalypse was stopped and a world without Aragami - the sacred ground - was created. How should mankind face this new world? I want to search for that answer together with all of you, How about it?"

: "Let's do it together!"

"Yes, this time I'm not alone. Let's do it together...with all the members of Blood!"

The party winds down after a few hours. Duty calls, however, and your R&R is nearly over. You head up to the executive level. Inside Dr. Sakaki's office, Licca is present, and she pauses her discussion with the doctor when you enter.

: "So you have chosen the path of the God Eaters... To be perfectly honest, I'm happy you've returned. We need God Eaters like you to protect this world and forge a path to a brighter future. I believe there are many things that only we can do! Let us fight side by side once again!"

: "I was wondering if Blood Rage had any effect on Romeo's God Arc, so I looked it over! Turns out it was under too much stress and really overheated. Plus, its Blood Power had totally vanished! I wanted to look it over more, but for now I've restored it to a usable state! Romeo needs it for work, after all."

You keep your appointment on time with Director Feldman, still in the meeting room.

: "Captain Kimberly. The reason I called you here is about Livie. There hasn't been a formal announcement yet, but... It has been decided that she will be reassigned to Blood. The paperwork has already cleared Fenrir HQ."

: "Thank you, but the IC..."

"She is an excellent officer and has done much for us. We will respect her wishes. That is all. Please accept her into your ranks as another member of the elite Blood Unit. This is my earnest request."

: "I was blown away when I heard Corporal Livie's decision... She has an almost superhuman determination. And she'll keep on rising higher and higher, together with all of you..."

: "I never thought we would end up staying this long... but it's about time for us to move out."

: "You've only just returned as God Eaters, so don't overdo it, okay? Here's the mission details.

Now that the remains of the Tree have been declared sacred ground, an armed survey team will be dispatched to investigate the area. This will be a five-phase operation.

Phase 1: Eliminate a polar Quadriga and a Prithvi Mata. Field Enhancement: Debuff Moderate DEF down, first 2 minutes.
Phase 2: Eliminate a Sariel and two Ontovasara.
Phase 3: Eliminate a Fallen Ouroboros. Field Enhancement: Debuff DEF down medium when not in Burst.
Phase 4: Eliminate a Borg Camlann and a Demiurge.
Phase 5: Primary target is to eliminate a Mukuru Kyuubi. It is guarded by a cadre of Yaksha, and Yaksha variants, however they are secondary targets.

Click here to view.

(U: This is also considered, by the game, the last STORY progression mission in the entire game. 162 STORY missions in all.)

: "Haru has so many friends, it's amazing! Just the other day he and a strange lady went off on night maneuvers..."

Calling from the upper booth, Haru replies.

: "Whoa now, hold on there! You're giving people the wrong idea! It was a 'Night Mission,' okay? Night Mission!!!"

"Oh, sorry. Wait... Huh? Is there...a difference?"

: "Well, now that we've finished up with the big baddies, maybe I should take some time off to go see some old friends..."

: "Um, Haru? Just a second ago Dr. Sakaki was requesting a long-distance mission..."

"...Welp, I'll go grab some tea."

Down in the pit, you hear a familiar commotion, and looking down, you see the usual suspects...

: "It feels like things have finally returned to normal. Having the 'same old same old' really is the best, isn't it?"

: "...Why are you always such an idiot?! If you had kept fighting by yourself, you could have died, you know?!"

: "The word 'retreat' does not exist in a knight's vocabulary! My justice can never lose to the servants of darkness!"

Kota sighs, chuckles, and continues. "Hearing that kind of argument now feels kind of...nostalgic, almost."

: "Emil is still has troublesome as ever out on the field... I wish he would focus a little more on the mission... You be careful out there too, Kimberly. If you let your guard down, you might get gobbled up!"

: "I trembled at the sight of your gallant, brace forms! Indeed, this whole body trembled! And my heart, oh how it trembled! I, too, shall be born anew! henceforth, I shall be 'Emil Reborn!' A new and glorious me! Watch me, my friend! Watch this gallant caterpillar be reborn as a brilliant butterfly!"

Erina rolls her eyes back at the declaration and renews her verbal bombardment. You leave the 1st Unit to their devices, and begin heading to the lounge.

...But you are stopped by a capering Kigurumi before reaching the door controls.

: You think he(she?) is congratulating you on your return. You think.

: "Yo, Kim! Y'know, I've been kinda gaining weight lately... Oh, I've got it! Mutsumi's food is just too delicious! It's all her fault!"

: "Hmph. So you want to play dirty? Fine then, I'm only making you the most disgusting dishes ever from now on."

"N-No, wait! I wasn't being serious! I'm sorry! Mutsumi I'm sorryyyyy!!"

Someone's in trouble... you chuckle and continue to make the rounds.

: "I see... Just making delicious food isn't enough. I have to consider the people who might eat too much too..."

: "I've decided to accept Dr. Leah's request and help with the upgrades on the Soldiers. Unmanned progress may aid in manned operations as well. I'd be happy if my experiences could be of any help."

On a whim, you take a gander at the Jukebox... Wait a minute...

That 'Out of Order' note is gone...

Oh. My. God.

You decide on this for the time being.

(U: This overrides music selection both in and out of the Lounge, missions still have their own music track you can manually set or keep on default.)

Nana is over by Cappy's pen, playing with her.

: "It's not like we can take Cappy for regular walks... We've got to find a new cage soon! Oh, oh! I know! Maybe Alisa would make a base camp just for Cappy! A Cappy-camp!"

: "Sure, why not?"

"Really?! Okay, I'll tell her that it's a direct order from the captain, then!"

: "It seems that Aragami attacks have calmed down greatly. I might actually be able to take it easy. I was thinking of showing my face back home, actually. It's on the edge of the Outer Ghetto. My mom and dad live there. I wonder how the two of them are doing..."

: "I have received a new mission for Blood. Here are the details...

Eliminate all Aragami standing in the way of the recovery of a seriously damaged manned Soldier in a four-phase mission spanning from the Changing Divine Gate to the Lush Sanctuary. The pilot will follow behind you to recover the wreckage.

Phase 1: Eliminate three White Iron Blade Arc Soldiers. Field Enhancement: Debuff Large DEF down when not in Burst.
Phase 2: Eliminate a Kyuubi, a Fierce Kongou, and a regular Kongou.
Phase 3: Eliminate a Yaksha, a Yaksha Raja, and a Ravana.
Phase 4: Eliminate a Blitz Hannibal.

Click here to view.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

: "So, to put it another way. A 'mountain range' of Oracle Cells surrounds the sacred ground and the Apocalypse progresses slowly like continental drift. The power of Heart has created an area where Oracle Cells cannot operate, a natural sanctuary. The Oracle range slowly pushes that sanctuary outward, gradually repainting the surface of the Earth. Scientists like myself can only stand in reverence at the magnificence and splendor of it all."

Soma finishes his explanation on the sanctuary, and you excuse yourself. Heading to the lounge, both Julius and Livie are standing in front of the door.

: "A place where nature can flourish and Aragami cannot enter... The 'sacred ground' is the world as it should be. I want to treasure that place. Together, with you, Kimberly, and the others."

: "It seems that Arc Aberrants have assimilated into the Aragami ecosystem and are still being born. This is likely part of what Dr. Rachel meant when she mentioned 'trials.'"

In the lounge, Ciel, and Erina are sitting at the bar. Romeo and Gil are watching tv over on the sofas.

: "I tagged along with an investigation crew around the sacred ground again... It's so beautiful. It's a quiet place, and the air is crisp and clean. ...I wish you could have been there with me."

: "Stopping the Devouring Apocalypse and saving the world was nice and all, but... We've still got Aberrants and Aragami coming out of our ears here! I guess we've still got a long road ahead..."

: "The IC guys come to eat a lot lately, but they keep asking for the recipes so persistently! They think I'm using some addictive drug in it, but I would never! They should just eat and be happy!"

: "Hiya, Kim! Is it time for a mission yet? Is it finally my time to shine?! I'll show you my new, Blood Power-wielding self! Bustin'n in like BOOM! POW! ...Call on me any time!"

: "Actually, I wanted to talk with you, Kimberly. I talked with Haru not long ago... I've decided to go visit Kate's memorial. Haru keeps insisting I 'show her how good I'm doing' or whatever."

: "Say hello for me."

Cracking a smile, he continues. "Sure thing. I'll tell her how I met the greatest captain, and friend, there is."

You head up to the executive level to turn in a couple of reports to your superiors. You greet the guard outside and chat a while. Poor guy looks pretty bored standing here all the time.

: "I suppose my work here is coming to a close... I hear they are making plans for a new God Arc Soldier unit back at HQ. Working on that wouldn't be so bad..."

: "I talked with HQ about how to deal with the sacred ground and recommended a hands-off approach. That means it will be left to you and the Far East. You do as you like. I'll take the responsibility."

: "I must soon part ways with Corporal Livie... But this is probably the best outcome for her. It would be a lie to say I won't be lonely... Wait... Hold on a sec... If I were to transfer to the Far East, I could keep working with her, couldn't I...?"

: "The Soldiers are being sent to areas with no protective walls. They can endure long missions as well. Dr. Leah is working on upgrades, and she invited me to help with their development. I accepted, of course!"

: "Ah, Captain Kimberly. Thank you for the report." He places the datapad aside, and after a brief pause, begins speaking again. "The Tree, once a symbol of destruction, has become a sanctuary for life. We also must walk together with the eternal Devouring Apocalypse and consider for ourselves how this world should be."

: "I'm ecstatic that I can work with you once again. I will do my best to support the new Blood Unit from here on. Here's your mission details.

Supplies of rare materials needed to overhaul God Arcs are running low, a situation which must be remedied immediately. Pheromones have been deployed to attracted Aragami to the dam, and we've already caught two Susano'o. This is the perfect opportunity to gather materials. We're counting on you."

Click here to view.

: "Livie has joined, taking Blood up to seven members. We've suddenly grown to such a big family. But it really is wonderful - always being surrounded by true friends that you can trust."

: "Everyone must cooperate."

"Yeah... Just like we always have..."

: "Hey there, Kim! You be sure to tell me when you've got some problems, you hear? Ol' Romeo'll save the day with his awesome Heart power! No problem is too great!"

: "Romeo, I don't think that's how your power works..."

: "It's been arranged for me to hold a concert here soon. Satsuki is always doing whatever she pleases... But thanks to that, I'll finally get to sing in front of everyone in the Far East again! I'll do my best!"

Nana and Gil are nearby, sitting in the booth.

: "Julius complimented me the other day - 'You've matured so much in the time I've been away!' That's what he said! Now I just have to get better at cooking! All right, time to train with Mutsumi!"

: "When I got out on missions with Romeo, I can't focus for the life of me! Can't he be quiet for one drat second?!"

: "You complain now, but when Romeo was gone, you were all like 'It's too quiet around here.' Don't deny it!"

"That's not what I... Okay, yeah. You're right... I may have said something like that..."

Ducking into the lounge, Satsuki is sitting at the bar, Ciel and Livie are playing billiards, and Dr. Leah is spectating from the couch near their table.

: "Miss Yuno is going to have a conert here! I really love her songs! Apparently she's writing a new song, so we might be able to hear it! I'll do my best for a welcome banquet!"

: "There was some talk of a concert at HQ, but now isn't the time for that, is it? If we're going to make friends with the IC, now's the time! That's why we've scheduled a concert here!"

: "I want to put Julius and Romeo through some special training exercises to help them get back on their feet. I was told not to overdo it, but if something were to happen mid-operation, it would be too late!"

: "Blood sure is a lively bunch. ...It's the polar opposite of the God Eaters at HQ."

: "In a good way?"

"Yeah, it isn't bad at all.. It's the kind of world that I never thought I could be a part of. I want to treasure my time here and never take it for granted."

: "I never thought the day would come that Blood could be together again like this... I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Also, sometimes I wonder... If this wasn't actually one of Rachel's intentions... Hah, a ridiculous flight of fancy, I know."

Click here to view.

You and Gil are chatting it up in the booth.

: "So Haru and I were in the lounge the other night having a drink when guess who shows up? It was Director Feldman himself. He came for a quick break from writing up some reports for HQ. The three of us drank for a while... He said he'd come again. You should come next time, Kimberly."

Romeo plops down in a free seat as you were getting up.

: "You know, Kim, I've been feeling so happy lately. I mean seriously, though... First of all, Yuno's here, right? Then there's Satsuki, Alisa, Gina, Fran, Urara, Erina, Hibari, Kanon, Licca... Yup! It's good to be back!" You give him an incredulous look. "Oh... I forgot the Blood members..."

Down in the pit, Hibari is giving Teruomi and Urara a class on operating with God Eaters.

: "When it comes to operation procedures, Hibari suddenly gets really strict - like a completely different person!"

: "Hey you! Cut out the chatter! Even a moment's distraction can cost the lives of God Eaters!"

"She's right... This is a job where lives hang in the balance... I can do better!"

: "I can't afford to miss a single little thing Hibari does!"

: "Keep it up!"

"Thank you very much! I'm going to give it my all and become a first-class operator!"

: "Good distraction work on my students." She chuckles and continues. "Those two wanted to hear the basics of operations so Iv'e been telling them while they get some practice in. If only we had some kind of simulation program that was close to the real thing, it would be more efficient... I should bring it up with Dr. Sakaki..."

Heading into the lounge, the entire Defense Unit is present on one of their rare leaves. Tatsumi and Brendan at at the bar, Karel and Shun playing billiards, and Kanon and Gina are watching a program on the flat screen.

: "Missions at the Far East are different lately. Just having Hibari as the operator makes a huge difference. Wait, where is she, by the way?"

: "Hibari is teaching operations to Teruomi and Urara. She took them and went off to the lobby!"

"Aw, that's a letdown. And just when I was hoping to drink the night away with her, too! Raising his voice so the entire Unit can hear him. All right, ya scoundrels! Drink to your heart's content! It's on me tonight! Let's get this started!"

: "If you ever feel like you need our help, don't hesitate to call. This place is important to us too."

: "Ever since the IC came, I've gotten used to being watched. I mean, I'm a lot more virtuous now, but..."

: "The IC has upped the budget for sacred ground research, so the missions arel ooking really juicy! So, y'know, you can take me along anytime, bud!"

: "Oh, I see... Now that the missions have calmed down, the Defense Unit is going back to their original jobs. That means that there will be less people around in the lounge, which is a little sad to think about..."

: "I went back to my hometown recently, and for some reason I'm the local hero! There was even a feast for me! Secretly, though, I was a little happy..."

: "I heard about the sacred ground. The world is truly full of mysteries, isn't it? I look forward to seeing what kind of flowers grow from the strong seeds that you have sown."

: "I've received a new mission for Blood. Here's the details.

In the outer Forest, a Ravana has been detected, presumably tracking down fiery Cocoon Maidens. Normally this would be a milk run, however we've also detected a bias field response indicating a Blitz Hannibal is lurking around. It's likely that the death of the Ravana will lure the Blitz Hannibal out of hiding. Exercise extreme caution, and eliminate all Aragami present."

Click here to view.

Post-game, the lobby and connected areas will cycle around NPCs after each mission. There's only a limited amount and this update is likely the last time I'll be transcribing NPC banter as I believe I've found all permutations.

As for the LP itself, there's still several more missions with story tied to them and some incredibly dangerous Aragami I haven't showcased as of yet. Not to mention Julius, Livie (the rest of hers) and Romeo's character episodes, and some other miscellaneous items I haven't shown off as of yet.

edit: And of course, as I start recording, I get a fourth permutation of the npc rotation.

Ulvirich fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Dec 15, 2016

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Walk away, Kimberly.

J-j-just walk away...

Holy poo poo that thing was stupid fast. And you even fought its unleashed version too :stare:

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Man, you really get some bang for your bucks when you buy this game. There's been several times when I've thought that the main plot is over only for it to continue on instead but not in a bad way, though.

Sylphosaurus fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Dec 16, 2016

  • Locked thread