Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

The Rage Burst stuff feels like it drags on though. IIRC God Eater Resurrection's main game (God Eater) is just difficulty 1-5? Then Burst is 6-10, and Resurrection's new content is 11-15? GE2 is 1-10, and Rage Burst is 11-15 yet playing through RB felt like it just dragged on in a way that none of the other stuff felt.

But yes, if you're into hunting games, God Eater is pretty drat fun. While Monster Hunter (and gunlances) have a special place in my heart, God Eater felt a lot less like a chore at times. It also helps that you can play it on a console or computer instead of just a dinky little handheld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

A rare sight nowadays, the God Eaters of Cradle are prepping in the upper lobby.

: "A new plan for satellite base construction is underway, combining the Spiral Tree and Soma's research! If we can complete it, it will truely bring a new hope to mankind! you've gotten something mindblowing to look forward to!"

: "I've got to get serious about this Retro Oracle Cell research. Old Sakaki's waiting for me to submit my report."

: "Oh, about that whole joining Cradle business... Can you forget I said that, actually? I heard from Soma and the others... Blood are doing their own thing, and I shouldn't get in the way. In exchange, I'm leaving this place to you. Keep it safe and sound while we're gone, you hear?"

Down in the pit, Licca's going over paperwork near the front desk.

: "I'm currently researching Retro Oracle Cell Arc uses. 'Self-governing multiple complex reaction directives.' There are too many possiblities... I can't even decide which to focus on!"

You stop by the lounge to see who is in.

: "I haven't watched Bugarally in forever... I should probably get back to it or Kota's gonna be mad. I mean, it's definitely interesting. It's just... I never thought it would end up being such a long series..."

: "As long as you guys are here, I think the Far East will be pretty peaceful. I can finally rest easy. Now it's your turn to lead the way. Go for it! I'm rootin' for ya!"

Off to a side, Yuno is talking with Julius and Romeo. Ciel's playing with Cappy.

: "You two finally made it back, didn't you...? Don't be so reckless out there, okay?"

: "Y-Yeah! Especially Julius, right? Knowing him, he'd be all like..." He puts on a mockery of Julius's voice. "'My life has been returned, so I am obligated to use it for the benefit of others' ...or something like that!"

Yuno chuckles and replies. Yes, we need Julius to think about himself a little more, don't we?"

: "Heh... Yes, I'll be taking more care of myself from now on."

: "So basically, Dr. Rachel used Jullius to make one Apocalypse, while you guys and Yuno made another... That, in turn, created the Spiral Tree, right? Man, some crazy things happened while I was gone..."

: "The red rain has stopped and the black plague is a thing of the past. So it wasn't all for nothing, after all... I have many visit that I need to make. I must express my apologies...and my thanks."

: "Long before we were born, animals like Cappy ran free on the surface of the Earth, didn't they? It makes me imagine the perfect scene... As the sun sets, I'm surrounded by Cappys, customizing bullets..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

And that does it for transcribing the game. It's not a 100% complete transcription. I've done some heavy editing in some updates, or just plain omissions because NPCs are just spouting meaningless one-liners, or repeating exactly what another NPC said in different words. There were also a surprising amount of typos in the second half of the game, compared to literally none in the first half. I am no way talented nor creative enough to generate new banter in update large doses, so that's that.

The first video of this update is the conclusion of Kate's Wish, started in the previous update.

Click here to view.

Upon completion of this story, you unlock a new God Eater:

Much like Yoshino, Kate is also in Memorium. She's, by default, kitted out to be a Burst support type character.

We'll get a look at her in mission model in this video.

Click here to view.

The fight was trivially easy due to, well, I'm way overleveled gearwise for it. Upon completion, and subsequent looting, you're able to craft a new set of close range Blaze and Divine weapons for your God Arc. Styled in gold and black, they all come standard with the 4-in-1 skill, Serpent's Hiss. Combines Wrath of Revenge (Enter Burst if teammate is incapacitated), Burst Duration 10 (+30% Burst duration), Aid Burst (Link Aid target enters Burst), and Mutual Burst (Bullet Transfer also grants you Burst).

Tenazuchi Buster Blade

Arahabaki Variant Scythe

The other four weapon parts are the Kushinada Short Blade, the Ashinazuchi Long Blade, the Yahachi Boost Hammer, and the Yutsutsuma Charge Spear. All of these reference the characters, or items, in the Orochi myth. Which is rather appropriate considering you can only make them using the parts from a Orochi. Also, to note, you cannot exchange tickets for Orochi parts.

While we won't see that particular Orochi anymore, the threat will still linger as we delve further into the Lush Sanctuary. But, for now, let's look at a different predator.

Click here to view.

As with Kate's Last Wish, The Black Predator unlocks a new God Eater:

Lindow (Corroded) is a more aggressive, but still sturdy, version of Lindow.

The game has made a few references to Lindow's past, with the last video being much more overt, however, it does not explain a couple of points.

Back when we first faced a Kyuubi, Lindow repeats a quote "Don't run away from the living." This quote was from his close friend, and fellow God Eater. This friend would say this quote upon shooting out recovery bullets, I haven't shown this off before, as there wasn't a particular need to, however upon reaching Difficulty Tier 7, you unlock a slew of new weapons. Some of which are copies of weapons for God Eaters. Each God Eater you can put in a mission, with the exception of both Lindows, has weapon and shield parts you can make copies of. Yes, this means you can blast Kanon with her own cannon, or gird yourself with a valiant knight's trappings like Emil. Their weapons will have skills that reference the abilities and quirks of the God Eater they come from. The bottom left will also display a short comment on the part as well.

For this selection, I am just going to show off that God Eater's armaments. For those of you who care, this next section will contain spoilers for God Eater Resurrection.

The Phantom Piercer Short Blade comes with Ghostly Feet, a 3-in-1 skill that combines Sensitive (Always be aware of enemy states on the minimap), Muted (Silences your combat noises) and Hate Up -10 (Dramatically reduces the attention you get from Aragami).

The Thirsty Heart Sniper Gun comes with Foodie's Buddy, a 4-in-1 skill that combines God of Rare Drops (Chances of rare items for all God Eaters from devouring increases by 1%), Giving (+50% health transfer when performing Link Aid), Devouring HP Absorb (10 HP restored upon successful Devour), and Gourmet -10 (Which does just, well, nothing)

The Greedy Kiss shield comes with Soul Eater, a 3-in-1 skill that combines Devour Bullet Power 10 (Increases Aragami bullet power by 30%), Burst Devour Bullet Quantity (Increases bullets gained by 1 per Devour while in Burst), and Devour Oracle Absorb 10 (Increases Oracle gain from Devouring by 30%).

So this paints a pretty weird picture for the God Eater.

Ren was not an ordinary God Eater. He only interacted with a scant few people during his time at the Far East Branch. Lindow, the PC of GE:R, and Licca. Lindow was his first, oldest, and best friend. The PC was also his friend, and helped Ren out. Licca, well, she didn't personally met Ren, although Ren liked her, and he knew that Licca knows how to expertly maintain God Arcs.

The PC was tasked with defending the Outer Ghetto from a rampaging Corrosive Hannibal, and through a resonance, he/she discovered that the Aragami was Lindow. Ren urged the PC to end Lindow's life with Lindow's God Arc. They entered the mind of the Hannibal, managed to reawaken Lindow's consciousness, and helped Lindow fight the Corrosive Hannibal. The nearly invulnerable Aragami regenerates in a much stronger form, and overwhelmed the group. Ren then sacrificed himself to protect Lindow and the PC, and permanently stopped the Aragami infection from spreading in Lindow's arm.

How does a God Eater, operating out of the Far East Branch, not interact with, or know anyone else considering just how many personnel work out of the Branch?

Ren found weird things to be tasty, and was fairly obsessed with Devouring Aragami. Only the PC and Lindow ever saw him. Simply put, when Licca said that God Arcs take on unique personalities and quirks, she had no idea that it was true both figuratively and literally. Ren was Lindow's God Arc, in human form. A personality manifestation that formed within the Artificial CNS implemented into the Arc.

As for Kimberly's involvement? Lindow did say she reminded him of someone special.

And with that, The Black Predator's story comes to a close.

If anyone is interested, I can display the other God Eaters weapons. Kate and Yoshino also have their own pieces, unlocked when the characters themselves are.

Ulvirich fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Dec 16, 2016

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

We'll start this update off with the conclusion of Livie's Character Episodes.

Click here to view.

She maxes out her Blood Art, and gains Security as a skill. This combines Enemy Calm 10 (Reduces the chance a Aragami enrages by 30%), Save Oracle for Heal, and Healing Radial Round. She's no Kanon, but a good support NPC nonetheless.

Next up is a longer one due to me being unable to cut out missions as they incorporate voice lines throughout the various missions. And yes, the first part isn't voiced oddly enough. It's time for the Tale of the Operators.

Click here to view.

I don't know what, if anything, unlocks from this completion. I want to say Urara's voice lines are more confident now, however I am not 100% sure.

Finally we've got another Aragami to showcase. It's fast, it's dangerous, and as a Psion, it has a map spanning ability.

Click here to view.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I like that Feldman and Fenrir Intelligence are presented as really shifty and bad people due to their actions, but they're not that bad and Feldman's probably the least bad commander we've had. Better than Sakaki and his crazy rear end plans too.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

I am glad that the game didn't set up Feldman as being the secret new evil guy that wants to take over the world.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Let's get this out of the way. Romeo's character episode. I did show off a new Blood Art, Execution, for the Variant Scythe. It's a highly damaging, if fairly restrictive, Blood Art.

Click here to view.

The image basically describes my opinion on him. He caps out his Blood Art, CC Arbiter which is a renamed CC Divide; that's the Charge Crush that sends out a wave of Oracle flares along the ground. The skill, Reckless is a 3-in-1 that combines Athlete 10 (Reduces stamina use by 30%), Oracle Absorption 5 (Increases OP absorbed by melee attacks by 15%) and Item Effect 5 (Increases effectiveness of items by 15%).

Try as you might, game, you can't make me like Romeo, only tolerate.

No story mission for this update, I'll include the last one in tomorrow's. However I do have a new Aragami to show off.

Click here to view.

The t-shirt award for the hard and perilous 5 survival challenge is this:

There's five of the missions in all, and I'm not too keen on showing off additional t-shirts. These are pretty big time investments. Also, regarding further Blood Arts, I'm still missing a few of the maxed out less-effective ones in both weapon types. Particularly for Buster Blades, the parry Blood Arts are just simply too onerous to learn and hard to perform as intended for me. I am bad at parrying in this game. The parry action itself is not instant, so you have to time the parry along with the myriad timers for Aragami attacks. It's just not something I am willing to learn.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I'd appreciate this story a lot more if it had more details like that stuff about Ran's weapons. Though I dunno, most of GE2's story feels like character quests until the Rachel stuff happens.

Also I laughed like crazy when I saw Urara's bag. It looks so drat silly, especially when she has this big emotional monologue.

EDIT: Oh poo poo new update

quote:

Particularly for Buster Blades, the parry Blood Arts are just simply too onerous to learn and hard to perform as intended for me. I am bad at parrying in this game. The parry action itself is not instant, so you have to time the parry along with the myriad timers for Aragami attacks. It's just not something I am willing to learn.

Yeah no worries. If it's a PITA don't worry about it. Any chance you can show off other weapons like in that online co-op video?

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

SSNeoman posted:

Yeah no worries. If it's a PITA don't worry about it. Any chance you can show off other weapons like in that online co-op video?

Sure I can do that, it'll likely take some time as I'd need to grind out the various experience bars. The closest is Boost Hammer, as that was my farming weapon.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

For today's update we go after the last Aragami we haven't seen. The Crimson Orochi.

Click here to view.

The goodies you can make with Aragami Crystal 27 (Yes, there are 1-27, and up to 33) are quite nice indeed:

There are very few weapons that are tri-element, so the Reinforced series are pretty ideal for installing your +1 skills into. Each +1 skill installed adds more damage, or defense, stacking up to +30. I've refrained from using the Reinforced weaponry, with a few exceptions (Blitz Hannibal) in recordings. After this update, for showing off the other Blood Arts, I'll be using Reinforced weapons.

Other Aragami Crystals will unlock various upgrade parts, or other miscellaneous items in the crafting menu.

For the next video, we'll complete Julius's Character Episode.

Click here to view.

Julius learned Spirited, which is a 3-in-1 skill that combines Firm Stand (Resist killing blows when HP is above 51), HP 6 (+30 HP) and Trap Stock 2 (2 Snare traps). And a third credits scroll!

And I saved the best for last. The final extra story: Father of the Strasbourgs.

Click here to view.

Ulvirich fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Dec 20, 2016

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Come on you guys heft giant living hunks of metal. How is carrying a bunch of logs hard for you?

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Gonna be doing a couple hours worth or so in GE2. Working on Blood Arts. I'll be streaming: https://www.twitch.tv/ulvirich/

And over.

Ulvirich fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Dec 21, 2016

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Click here to view.

(Yes, there is a Boost Hammer named Reinhard in the game.)

In order of appearance:

Demon Swing: Attack damage increase, and hits restore stamina. Can be used with light and heavy ground combos.

Angel Beat: Attack damage increase, and hits restore both stamina and OP. Can be used with light and heavy ground combos.

Awaken the Depths: Causes pillars of light to explode. Modifies the 3rd step of the light ground combo.

Tornado Carnage: A whirling tornado of your hammer being swung around. The longer the swinging, the more damage it causes upon release. Press light ground combo to charge up then heavy ground combo to end the spinning. A miss will result in you being knocked out. Hard to land considering the wind up time and you have no superarmor to protect you from staggers and knockbacks. However if you do manage to land it, it will hit very, very hard.

Divine Jaw Crusher: Modifies the 3rd step of the heavy ground combo. I found this to be fairly good at smashing Yaksha and Hannibal-like Aragami in the head.

Accelerating Smash: This Blood Art causes more damage when dodge attacking. The distance differs based on using light or heavy ground attacks.

Spinning Top: This would probably be really good against Sariels to swat them from the air by smashing their skirt. Similar to Mad Orbit from Variant Scythes. Modifies light aerial combo.

Gaia's Fury: Amusingly enough, this Blood Art can be performed very rapidly, especially at max Burst. Modifies the heavy aerial attack.

Blazing Heart: Modifies all Boost related actions (Rush, Drive, Impact), dealing more damage and reducing stamina costs.

Iron Heart: Modifies all Boost related actions, dealing more damage and granting superarmor; protecting you from most staggers and knockbacks. If you wanted a signature Blood Art for Boost Hammer, you can't go wrong by naming this one. This is pretty amazing because of the superarmor.

Tenderizer: Modifies Boost Rush. Deals more damage and attacks faster.

Fatal Flail: Modifies Boost Rush. Increases damage done, and significantly increases damage done to weak points.

Radiant Flail: Modifies Boost Rush. Increases damage done, and significantly increases damage done to Aragami weak to your weapon's element.

Bad Juggler: Modifies Boost rush. Launches Oracle shots in an arc in front of you, and they will nullify some enemy attacks.

Iron Chaser: Modifies Boost Drive. Increases damage done and provides superarmor. Oddly enough, effective against Ouroboros type enemies. Keep dashing around and striking at their legs.

Pinwheel: Modifies Boost Drive. Increases damage done, and reduces stamina costs. Kind of lame that it hamstrings your mobility skill though!

Intercepting Comet: Modifies Boost Drive. Lets you dash very quickly ahead. Contact with Aragami causes you to swing, and you can chain this Boost Drive over and over at close range.

Terminal Strike: Modifies Boost Impact: Deals more damage. I don't particularly like the short distance Boost Hammers have with Boost Impact. More often than not, I'll miss the Boost Impact because the Kongou recoiled, or I misjudge the distance to the Aragami. Whereas the same distance for a Buster Blade would be still in striking range.

Deicide: Modifies Boost Impact Consumes all your stamina for an all-out attack. See above, now with an added bonus of being open for a lengthy period of time.

Prominence. Modifies Boost Impact. Increases damage done, and especially against weakpoints.

Double Impact: A two stage Boost Impact. I also found this especially difficult to use. The first hit will tend to stagger Aragami, leading the second to miss. If they don't, then they were resistant to crushing damage on the part I struck. This is in addition to it being hard to use in the first place because of Boost Impact's range.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

This is a lot more work than I expected, so I am calling it quits here with regards to weapon Blood Arts. I chose Boost Hammer as I had some experience already with the weapon from my rank 15 farming earlier. Doing the same for Short Blade, Long Blade, and Charge Spear is a bit too much, sorry. Leveling a Blood Art to max rank is, at the bare minimum, 4 mission clears (3 to 6 minutes) using the same Blood Art over and over. Additional missions required if also unlocking a forbidden Blood Art. Doing multistage missions are not worth it (can't adjust Blood Arts manually), so that dramatically reduces the pool of missions I can use to keep things interesting for me at Difficulty Tier 14/15.

If you'd like to see the remaining Blood Arts, the wiki here had them all on display.

One thing i didn't mention with Charge Spears, the Charge in the name comes from the, well, charge up to joust forward. However, when you're performing the charge up, your spear head will expand; this means that you will be doing extra damage with all of your attacks. When the spear head collapses back into its smaller state, the buff has worn off. You can extend the buff timer by performing Back Flip and the diving attack.

And I do believe this'll be my last update here. Sorry to end it on a unfulfilled promise. Early stage burnout and the prospect of grinding out missions I've done already multiple times for weapons I'm not particularly invested in is not how I'd like to end my gameplay on.

I do hope y'all enjoyed just how anime this game can get. I had a pretty good time of it. :unsmith: Thank you for watching, reading, and following along.

http://i.imgur.com/QnzurYK.gifv

Ulvirich fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Dec 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I occasionally followed along but by after finishing GER I went whole hog into GE2 and didn't want to spoil myself too much/got way too ahead of you. Thanks for the LP, it's good to see GE get some coverage. Though Gunlance remains my one true love, I feel like GE has overtaken MH in some respects as my favorite hunting game in part due to how the customization of NPCs isn't some totally alien system from player customization.

Hopefully we'll get more news about GE3 soon, that teaser wasn't enough.

• Locked thread