Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Beginning at 8:30 EST, tonight's features are...

The Relic

and...

The Mangler

followed by...

Are You Afraid Of The Dark?

and...

Hammer House of Horror

We'll also find out who won the...

Be there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Don't know if I'm gonna be able to make it tonight. Friend of mine just got out of rehab and she wants to hang out and needs support and I don't want to try to explain Scream Stream to her so if I win a pizza donate it to a hungry mouthtube plz.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

You could just tell her it's a horror movie marathon dogg.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Choco1980 posted:

Actually, those weren't the cuts. your rip was from BBC, those were the commercial breaks edited out. I spotted 2 of the cuts at least meanwhile. (zoom on back of suit coat, box gets opened up in front of camera)

Most disappointingly we didn't even get to watch Countdown.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
You know, I don't think I've watched The Relic from start to finish. Mangler I watched just earlier this week in fact however! In any case, have fun tonight duders and dudettes.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Heck yeah, two more movies I haven't seen.

Do you announce the winner of pizza at 830 or during intermission? The rest of the family wants to do some craziness like watch a family horror movie tonight :rolleyes: so I won't be able to make all of the first movie, but I don't want to miss the pizza winner.

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Oct 29, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's at 8:30. If you don't make it, just keep an eye on the door for a deliveryman.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

Lurdiak posted:

It's at 8:30. If you don't make it, just keep an eye on the door for a deliveryman.

<3

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Whichever one of you is Stephen Tyndall, I don't have your info, just your money.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Thank ya, I will be there. Delivery men don't dare venture this far

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Lurdiak posted:

Whichever one of you is Stephen Tyndall, I don't have your info, just your money.

That's me. PMed you my info.

Also, I love The Relic. Psyched for tonight.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ok, everything's sorted. This is why I only do this once a year.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

We are live!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
:stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Robert Englund and Ted Levine knocked Mangler out of the park.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Here's the full spread:

and here's the tiramisu plated:

Scream stream best stream. Thanks!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I'm glad everyone enjoyed their pizzas. :toot:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Beginning at 8:30 EST, tonight's features are...

Rosemary's Baby

and...

Hellraiser

followed by...

and...

Hammer House of Horror

Be there!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I just saw Rosemary's Baby all the way through for the first time 2 days ago. I'm a fan. Thought it was really good.

You all know how I feel about Hellraiser...... so we'll just see how this viewing goes.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Sweet lineup. Not new to me, but rad either way. I've probably seen Hellraiser approximately 300 times. :cenobite:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

We are live in 20!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Happy Halloween boils and ghouls! Tonight's the last night of the Scream Stream, but it's also :spooky:Halloween night.:spooky: So we're going with something special but also something more casual. Something you can drop in and out of while you hand out candy, or catch the tail end of as you return from a shindig with friends.

So we're starting at 5 PM EST this evening, and going til the deep dark hours of the night.

We're kicking off with...

Creepshow

followed by...

Creepshow 2

and then...

Chopping Mall

and we're finishing the night with...

The WNUF Halloween Special

Also, all throughout the evening we'll see a few last episodes of...

Hammer House of Horror

As well as a few other surprises! Drop by and get your scare on!

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Awesome! How late were you all up last night? I couldn't hang

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
WNUF is amazing. If you can tune in for that, please do so.

That's a pretty solid line-up overall as well.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
OH BOY IT'S MY FAVOURITE

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Tucker I see you getting a pounding from Gary in your future.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

We are live in... an hour?

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

I'm going to put it up on the big screen at work.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

a foolish pianist posted:

I'm going to put it up on the big screen at work.

That's so awesome.

The1DevoidoName
Dec 3, 2004
A blackgaurd whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be.
Lurdiak, thanks again for helping to make October and Halloween something I look forward to.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Yeah, same. It is the kickoff to my favorite season and throughout the year at different times it will pop into my head (sometimes I'll even watch some Ernest for some October nostalgia ). This probably sounds dumb, but the Stream has almost became as much as a tradition as Christmas for me

Thanks for another great year! (I can't believe it's over already :( )

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Nov 1, 2016

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

If you're hungry and don't read the Horror thread for some insane reason, I left a Halloween present in there for everyone. It'll be there until tonight UK time at least.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Well everyone, another November 1st, and another Scream Stream over. I think this year's theme led to the highest general quality of films yet, but sometimes making fun of garbage is fun too. I was glad to see some new faces along with the regulars, I was ecstatic the pizza raffle was a big success, and it's always good to introduce some new people to the WNUF Halloween special. Whether you tuned in the whole month or just dropped in for a couple of minutes, I thank you for participating in this silly little tradition of mine. I'll leave the thread up a little while longer for those who want to add their final two cents on this day of the dead.

What was your favorite movie this Scream Stream? Creepshow aside, I have to go with Christine. It's a perfect mix of Carpenter's most subtle and most outrageous tendencies as a director, and Keith Gordon kills it as Arnie. And talk about some creative kills!

The1DevoidoName posted:

Lurdiak, thanks again for helping to make October and Halloween something I look forward to.

It's what I'm here for!

Dr.Caligari posted:

Yeah, same. It is the kickoff to my favorite season and throughout the year at different times it will pop into my head (sometimes I'll even watch some Ernest for some October nostalgia ). This probably sounds dumb, but the Stream has almost became as much as a tradition as Christmas for me

Thanks for another great year! (I can't believe it's over already :( )

Awww. :shobon: That's not dumb, I love Halloween and I really love hosting this stream and sharing spooky/weird fun with everyone. I'm also sad it's already over, but at the same time, after this extra-long month, I'm really glad my weekends are going to be free again. This stream is more work than it looks like.

Jedit posted:

If you're hungry and don't read the Horror thread for some insane reason, I left a Halloween present in there for everyone. It'll be there until tonight UK time at least.

That's a pretty awesome present!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Esoteric answer, but my favorite was Jekyll and Hyde Together Again. Full of gags that just plain worked, way more/better than I expected to.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Lurdiak posted:

What was your favorite movie this Scream Stream? Creepshow aside, I have to go with Christine. It's a perfect mix of Carpenter's most subtle and most outrageous tendencies as a director, and Keith Gordon kills it as Arnie. And talk about some creative kills!

I think I agree with you there, Christine was really a great surprise. Of course it shouldn't have been, being a Carpenter film, but I guess I never felt compelled to watch it because the premise seemed kind dumb. Its amazing how many underappreciated films Carpenter has made. The average person has probably only seen Halloween and The Thing, and maybe Escape from New York. The guy's got 5 or 6 other great films on his resume though.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
Thanks for all of the hard work you put in to this, Lurdiak! I couldn't pick a favourite film from this year, but I had a great time re-watching Lifeforce and Witchfinder General, in particular.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Jeckyll and Hyde Together Again was so goddamn funny.. especially in the, uh, mindset I was in that night

Lifeforce is probably my first time watch MVP though

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Basebf555 posted:

I think I agree with you there, Christine was really a great surprise. Of course it shouldn't have been, being a Carpenter film, but I guess I never felt compelled to watch it because the premise seemed kind dumb. Its amazing how many underappreciated films Carpenter has made. The average person has probably only seen Halloween and The Thing, and maybe Escape from New York. The guy's got 5 or 6 other great films on his resume though.

You failed to mention one of his best.... in fact one of the best movies of all time. Big Trouble in Little China. :mad:

Well I was quite surprised with a lot of the films this year. Some good ones I've seen before, some hilariously bad ones, some that I haven't seen before but wanted to. Most importantly, I think having the goon chat helped me to appreciate other things in films that I previously didn't like or thought I didn't like. Biggest example is Hellraiser. I like it now so good job guys.

Some were odd but still managed to somehow pull it off. Pontypool was one. I don't think I would watch it again, but the whole way they filmed it in such as small setting was pretty neat. Candyman was a nice surprise. Glad I finally got to see it. I've never heard of Hammer House of Horror and it is very hit or miss but was still fun. Boobs everywhere. It was great seeing Are You Afraid of the Dark after 20 years. Which ones held up, which ones were terrible, funny Canadian accents.

I missed a few nights but as for my favorite this year, Exorcist isn't even fair since I think it's one of the best movies ever (and I missed that night so I shouldn't count it anyway) so I'll have to go with Christine for all of the reasons stated above. Never cared to watch it because it seemed to simple and silly. Boy was I wrong. Some neat camera shots, music, and yeah....... Arnie sells the poo poo out of it. Also dashboard poop.

On the goon chat side, a lot of you guys have just the worst opinions and mine are better. However, and this probably the best reason for tuning in, is all of the funny commentary and a lot of inside jokes.
Root Cellars
Lurd lusting for animal death
Rat turds
Pedo Fireghost
making GBS threads on Dashboards
Other stuff

As others have said, I really appreciate the time and effort Lurdiak puts into this and the pizza thing is a great bonus. I've shown up 2 years in a row now and looking forward to the 3rd.

Also, hail to the king baby.....

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Lurdiak posted:

What was your favorite movie this Scream Stream?

FACT: The Manitou was the best film shown this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

MisterBibs posted:

Esoteric answer, but my favorite was Jekyll and Hyde Together Again. Full of gags that just plain worked, way more/better than I expected to.

:agreed:

• Locked thread