Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
You can talk about Styles and Nakamura all you want, but for me the most surreal WWE moment this year is seeing Drew Gulak and Lince Dorado on RAW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Skinty McEdger posted:

Every time I see Steph on screen I can't help but think "Batista was right" as once again she tears into a talent who cowels beneath her gaze with no hint of her getting repercussions ever.

there was that time roman reigns poisoned her

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Solus posted:

Is it just me or is Roman getting a little chunkier

And Romans getting larger!!

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
cesaro sheamus at clash of champions should have ended with them going for like 45 minutes and ending up rolling around in the ring until it devolves into a make out session and they are tag team partners in life and wrestling. I think

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010
Not even The Big Dog can go over Samoan genetics.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Golashes posted:

cesaro sheamus at clash of champions should have ended with them going for like 45 minutes and ending up rolling around in the ring until it devolves into a make out session and they are tag team partners in life and wrestling. I think

:yeah:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Does Cesaro actually need the tape or is it just like D-Lo's chest protector now?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Thought Raw was pretty good. Outside of the lethargic first 1/2-3/4 of the opener all the wrestling was good, and there was a lot of it. Jericho was on fire in the Highlight Reel segment. Skipped every segment with Steph in it as usual. Regardless of how they got there I think I will enjoy Cesaro and Sheamus as the wacky tag team that learn to love each other, though I'm not looking forward to seeing them lose to The New Day a dozen times.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So does the TNA discussion get merged here or

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

oldpainless posted:

Does Cesaro actually need the tape or is it just like D-Lo's chest protector now?

That tape hasn't been proven to actually do anything but athletes wear it anyway.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Spermgod posted:

Thought Raw was pretty good. Outside of the lethargic first 1/2-3/4 of the opener all the wrestling was good, and there was a lot of it. Jericho was on fire in the Highlight Reel segment. Skipped every segment with Steph in it as usual. Regardless of how they got there I think I will enjoy Cesaro and Sheamus as the wacky tag team that learn to love each other, though I'm not looking forward to seeing them lose to The New Day a dozen times.

Are you kidding? This is WWE. Of course New Day are finally going to drop the titles to two single wrestlers for an angle, and not an actual team!

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Don't think they're losing those belts until they beat Demolition's record.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Everyone cares about Demolition nowdays

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

oldpainless posted:

Cesaro is actually five hundred years old and if you take the tape off he would dissolve into dust the second Sheamus's sweaty gross body touched him

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

So what wacky name will they give Sheamus/Cesaro? Sheamaro? Cesamus? Something very European?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

bradzilla posted:

So what wacky name will they give Sheamus/Cesaro? Sheamaro? Cesamus? Something very European?

League of Nations, mk. ii

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

Matt Hardy coming in and saying he deleted TNA will be fun

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

bradzilla posted:

the uppercelts

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

The_Rob posted:

I don't usually get mad at crowds for chanting cm punk, but why were they chanting it at a fun entertaining match and not Rusev vs Roman.

I didn't watch Raw but they probably didn't give the crowd a reason to care about the match. Sounds like they just threw two guys out there and told them to have a match.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Venomous posted:

When do the ratings come in?

Debate had at least a hundred million viewers

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I'm also fine with the idea of a Sheamus and Cesaro tag team but the best of 7 ending being a tie is hilarious and stupid because they have a serious problem with parity booking. Of course they book a best of 7 50/50.

I feel like Cesaro has gotta be turning for this team. Bait and switch on a series of matches where the result looked to be a World Title Shot, and also he's now facing New Day who are biggest faces in the division.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

Throw it in with the WCW thread, but give the hardys their own thread

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

bradzilla posted:

Irish Swing

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I watched about 10 minutes in total of the three hour Raw and that was enough for me.

My friend watched it all though and said he really loved the bit where Steph had a go at Foley.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
why didn't Seth come out to interfere with Owens after the main event. he just let himself be walked away by security like a cowed little child

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Extremely hosed up for TJ Perkins to brag about his "max health" in the presence of a Connor's Cure logo. How is this man a babyface again

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Food Court Druid posted:

You can talk about Styles and Nakamura all you want, but for me the most surreal WWE moment this year is seeing Drew Gulak and Lince Dorado on RAW.

Drew had built up a fairly big reputation for himself on the indies but I agree. Still surreal.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

why didn't Seth come out to interfere with Owens after the main event. he just let himself be walked away by security like a cowed little child

But then he might have been yelled at by Steph again

I wonder if the art of verbally berating all your talent into submission is another chapter in her book

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Look, you don't start a women's revolution by being a shrinking violet

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Soothing Vapors posted:

Look, you don't start a women's revolution by being a shrinking violet

That's something no other authority figure has been able to fully understand. The reason Vince worked as one was because at the end of the day you were going to see him get brutalized by someone. Vince was always willing to take an extreme amount of punishment. If he bladed he was going to blade harder than anyone else in the company. Vince pissed his pants on national tv. Steph getting an accidental spear from Roman is nothing, but at the same time no one knows if she is a face or heel anyway so I guess it doesn't matter.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Jiro posted:

So is there a reason Neville isn't doing some cruiserweight matches?

Neville is over.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

The_Rob posted:

That's something no other authority figure has been able to fully understand. The reason Vince worked as one was because at the end of the day you were going to see him get brutalized by someone. Vince was always willing to take an extreme amount of punishment. If he bladed he was going to blade harder than anyone else in the company. Vince pissed his pants on national tv. Steph getting an accidental spear from Roman is nothing, but at the same time no one knows if she is a face or heel anyway so I guess it doesn't matter.

Exactly, Austin vs McMahon worked because it was the common man overcoming his evil boss. But modern day Stephanie is just a unstoppable evil force that shits all over everyone regardless of any real consistent logic. The only person to ever stand up to her was Brie Bella and she loving lost the feud.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
You'd think they would be able to learn from their past to make an effective female authority heel people hate for the right reasons, but then again Triple H is staying off TV while the ratings are poo poo like Hulk Hogan used to do, and that never worked out, so I guess the fact that no one seems to remember anything that happened a year ago isn't a Kayfabe thing.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Luigi Thirty posted:

Neville is over.

Well, he was two years ago

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

He's still dogshit, but last night i thought Pumpkin Spice Roman Reigns looked better than his red & black outfit.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Why do people hate the Roman and Rusev matches! I mean I hate watching my big boy lose every time sure, but they're like great matches

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Hace posted:

Why do people hate the Roman and Rusev matches! I mean I hate watching my big boy lose every time sure, but they're like great matches

I too like to put their matches on when I'm ready for a nice long nap.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
The way to undermine Steph is basically get the last word and no sell all her slaps and insults

friendo55
Jun 28, 2008

CobiWann posted:

Chris Jericho's current run really reminds me of Shooter McGavin from Happy Gilmore.

Please elaborate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Vaguido posted:

You'd think they would be able to learn from their past to make an effective female authority heel people hate for the right reasons, but then again Triple H is staying off TV while the ratings are poo poo like Hulk Hogan used to do, and that never worked out, so I guess the fact that no one seems to remember anything that happened a year ago isn't a Kayfabe thing.

Umm, Excuse Me

• Locked thread