Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
WWE 50/50 booked a best of 7 series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Sheamus continues his quest to team with every european wrestler.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

rare Magic card l00k posted:

What person would watch 5 hours of Raw and Smackdown and decide they need more?

I watch Superstars. I got a problem.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
In a bit of irony, it seems Ambrose is gonna take time off to film a movie after hating on Cena for doing the same. I'm not sure what kind of movie would star Ambrose. Maybe a loose cannon cop movie. Alternatively, alcoholic detective.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I want to see Owens in a Segal style kung fu movie.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

The_Rob posted:

I honestly thought it was all pretty cool. I dunno. Wrestling is cool when it's weird and dumb like that.

Nah it's all about drama, like the gripping Rollins/Stephanie/Foley/HHH story, or a twin telling the other one that she shoulda died in the womb, or the Rusev/Lana/Ziggler/Summer Rae love... quadrangle.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Vaguido posted:

There's something I find amusing about how much everyone (including myself) likes Smackdown. The non wrestling segments on Raw were all really bad, and made the show very tedious to watch. Smackdown had 3 loving matches, and the whole show was all good and enjoyable to watch, with the exception of the Bray bit, which I liked, but other people don't seem to be sold on it.

Once Ziggler, Big Show, Kane, and maybe Sheamus are gone, Bray will be the new "ugh just go away. I don't care if you just had a good match/promo, GET OFF MY SCREEN" guy that a few people here and there will defend.

I don't like face New Day, like 75% of their charm was being unapologetic self-serving trolls. I hope they get one more heel run before dropping the belts to Enzo and Cass. I never liked the "This guy is getting too popular, he HAS to be a face" thing. Like I get it, you don't want the crowd cheering the bad guy, but sometimes a bad guy is just good at his job. I don't want poo poo like The Joker teaming up with Batman just cause too many people like The Joker.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Spermgod posted:

you people complain about 50/50 booking and then when anyone is booked strong you complain about them "not needing wins" and "not helping to make anyone else" lol

To be fair, not counting the time they loss to Titus loving O'Neal it's been like a year and a half run. They've even lost feuds against The League of Nations and The Wyatts and still held onto the belts. Personally I can deal with it until Royal Rumble 17 or so, I just hope they don't feud with The Shining Stars after Sheasaro... The Swissceltic Warrio... whatever you call that team.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Just realized it'd be kinda neat if Cesaro took the titles from The New Day since he gave it to them in the 1st place. Last retribution for Tyson Kidd. Speaking of which, a Cesaro/Samoa Joe feud would be fire.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
US Champ Big Cass, here we go.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Benne posted:

Remember when Ziggler started cutting promos about lazy Millennials? Good times.

Yeah I think it was Tyler Breeze's last singles feud.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

sticklefifer posted:

All of Ziggler's promos lately have been him yellcrying about this being his life. It's like he's trying to go for a Primetime Emmy with Daytime Emmy acting.

*In Ziggler's voice*

LISTEN TO ME BECAUSE IM GONNA SAY EVERYTHING I HAVE TO SAY IN ONE RUN ON SENTENCE WITHOUT TAKING A BREATH AND IM GONNA SAY DAMMIT ALOT GOD DAMMIT

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Vaguido posted:

Splitting the tag division was a mistake. There's only three good teams on Raw, and at this point it's hard to argue Gallows and Anderson are a good team anymore because they keep losing. So all you have are New Day and Enzo and Cass. Smackdown has Alpha, Usos (who are good now), Slater and Rhyno, Breezango, Hype Bros, etc. And some of those names aren't nearly on the level of New Day or Enzo+Cass, but they're certainly above Shining Stars, Golden Truth and whatever other teams are on Raw.

If you count Superstars teams, theres also Titus/Jinder and Bo/Axel for heel teams, which are more alliances than outright teams. Basically the lack of heel teams on RAW is why they didn't let JeriKO go after KO won the belt. I'm somewhat okay with that outcome since Jericho is pretty much KO's manager.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
They also did that with 2 hour shows, no overruns, and Otunga commentating. I think I see how Smackdown is fitting all this in. Daniel Bryan isn't in like 10 storylines at once like Steph/Mick and Shane is like baaarely in one storyline with Brock. Mick shows up more on an episode of Raw than Lucy shows up on a loving episode of I Love Lucy. Mick and Steph feel like they're supposed to be the stars of the show and every bit of drama revolves around them in some way. Bryan and Shane just feel like normal characters among other characters.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Sep 30, 2016

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Tuesday is the go home show for No Mercy. Holy poo poo these pay per views don't stop coming.

Also looking ahead on the schedule, Smackdown gets tlc. Please let the tag title match be a 4 way ladder match.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Sep 30, 2016

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Cesaro: Can I have one?

Roman: :mad:

Cesaro: Please?

Roman: *starts to unstrap intercontinental title*

Cesaro: Actually, I'm good.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Wow Superstars this week has both Sami Zayn and Neville. It's always such a conundrum, it's nice that superstars is getting better but you weep for the career of whoever is on it.

Not sure what Jinder Mahal is going for with his gimmick. I think he's hoping 95% of the wrestling audience just sees him as "vaguely threatening brown guy from uh.... one of those sand countries..." and don't give it any further thought. I legit don't know what nationality he's portraying or which stereotype he's parodying. This wouldn't have even made it on Mike Tyson's Punch Out or a 90s fighting game.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Kuroyama posted:

Blasphemy! The IC title is being held by it's greatest champion, and no one on the roster wouldn't sell out their own mother for it.

Well, we do know that Ziggler would be happy with it.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

revolver with one chamber loaded on a pole match

Brian Pillman Memorial OCLOAP Match

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I like how Ziggler's gonna get like 10 rematches but Zack Ryder couldn't get a single one. When you're whining more than the Woo Woo Woo guy, it's kinda hard to be excited for when you finally get your win.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

achillesforever6 posted:

Was Conor's Cure more legit, I just wish for once WWE would work with stuff that wasn't a scam

I dunno, those Puerto Rican resorts seem legit.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Spermgod posted:

I'd be down with Miz losing the IC belt and moving up to feud with AJ with AJ playing de facto face for the duration of that feud. It would work since AJ is already a babyface to half the crowd anyway and Miz is utterly detestable but I don't think they'd do it.

AJ is really torn up inside about what Miz did to his best friend James Ellsworth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what was even the point of giving it to ryder, didn't he drop it to miz the very next night? despite miz being in the ladder match at wrestlemania?

Aside from Roman going over HHH, most of the wrestlemania results were probably decided like an hour before the show went on.

• Locked thread