Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
I've disliked Stephanie as an on screen character for a very long time, but her complete dressing down of Mick tonight has just made me so completely done with Raw. It is unacceptable that she just gets to poo poo on anyone she comes in contact with during the show, because she has to be the top star of a show about wrestlers as an authority figure. It's so loving tired and I don't know how they think this is a form of entertainment. Not to mention that on the card we had 2 Clash of Champions rematch, 1 Summerslam rematch, and some squash matches.

I wanted to care about Raw because of the Cruiserweights but loving christ, next week is 2 more Clash of Champions rematches (Women's match is minus Bayley oooh so different). What is the loving point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

You'd think they would be able to learn from their past to make an effective female authority heel people hate for the right reasons, but then again Triple H is staying off TV while the ratings are poo poo like Hulk Hogan used to do, and that never worked out, so I guess the fact that no one seems to remember anything that happened a year ago isn't a Kayfabe thing.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Roman and Rusev matches are fun when they just go ham on each other, not so much when it's 15 minutes of Rusev 'working Roman's back'

He was one NERVE HOLD away from it turning into Hulk Hogan/Lex Luger vs Yokozuna/Foreign Heel #3821

If it's Roman it's more like Lex Luger/Lex Luger

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

I was tossing around the idea of not watching Raw for a while, and last night's Smackdown just confirmed it was a good idea. Smackdown is so good, there's no point to see Stephanie ruin another character's credibility anymore. I can just watch wrestlers do wrestling things. gently caress, with the exception of Talking Smack, we didn't see Shane or Bryan. What a loving novel concept.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

The DeanAmbrose.Net twitter confirmed from Dean himself that the rumors he's taking time off after No Mercy are not true. He could be lying to cover his rear end or something, but it's likely he's sticking around.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

There's something I find amusing about how much everyone (including myself) likes Smackdown. The non wrestling segments on Raw were all really bad, and made the show very tedious to watch. Smackdown had 3 loving matches, and the whole show was all good and enjoyable to watch, with the exception of the Bray bit, which I liked, but other people don't seem to be sold on it.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

New Day isn't going to be less interesting without the titles. They're just keeping them so they can beat a record because WWE is petty and the current record holders are suing them.

Seeing New Day actually have to chase for the belts again because they finally got beaten at their own game, be it a numbers game, or outright cheating, would be a good story, but instead we have to go through the bullet points of every New Day promo (topical reference, WWE WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS, booty os, BECAUSE!!!!!) before they inexplicably win a title match against a team who needs the win more.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

Splitting the tag division was a mistake. There's only three good teams on Raw, and at this point it's hard to argue Gallows and Anderson are a good team anymore because they keep losing. So all you have are New Day and Enzo and Cass. Smackdown has Alpha, Usos (who are good now), Slater and Rhyno, Breezango, Hype Bros, etc. And some of those names aren't nearly on the level of New Day or Enzo+Cass, but they're certainly above Shining Stars, Golden Truth and whatever other teams are on Raw.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

Vince is probably the best insane billionaire ever.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

VJeff posted:

SmackDown's tag division looked even weaker than Raw's initially. They got the Usos over as heels, reminded us that, oh yeah, Tyler Breeze is a good wrestler and did the story of the year with Slyno.

Raw could easily do something with, say, Golden Truth because guess what, Goldust is pretty goshdarn good at wrestling! But they don't do anything with their talent besides the top two or three players in every division, so all the divisions languish and nobody gets over and the whole thing is a loving slog.

Like, every time you think the brand split is to fault for one of Raw's problems, I want you to think about how much more they have at their disposal than Smackdown.

Goldust is really good. R Truth is death.

I don't mind the brand split at all. It made it so I can watch a 2 hour wrestling show instead of a 3 hour one. But I still think that the brand split would have been better if the Tag and Women's divisions weren't split and they put one division on each show. Alternatively, keep the women's division split and put Cruiserweights on Smackdown and Tags on Raw.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

Yeah I don't think anyone wanted to see Jerry Lawler, WWE Champion in 2010. Hell, in 2000. You can like a person and still think they don't deserve the top belt in the company. So if Miz made you feel that way, he's really drat good.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

If this build of Ziggler losing title match after title match was for him to actually win the IC title, despite not deserving it in any way, shape or form, I'm going to throw a baby tantrum and go back to Raw.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

Ziggler has a lot of other things he could do other than wrestle. Like be off my loving TV. Or come back as Nicky as a loophole and be an evil heelish cheerleader. Anything other than Ziggler winning would be more satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

It's a PPV for the A show at least.

• Locked thread