Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Thought Raw was pretty good. Outside of the lethargic first 1/2-3/4 of the opener all the wrestling was good, and there was a lot of it. Jericho was on fire in the Highlight Reel segment. Skipped every segment with Steph in it as usual. Regardless of how they got there I think I will enjoy Cesaro and Sheamus as the wacky tag team that learn to love each other, though I'm not looking forward to seeing them lose to The New Day a dozen times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
Don't think they're losing those belts until they beat Demolition's record.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
American wrestling should be a little bit goofy at times imo and that Bray stuff hit just about the right spot.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Another nice thing was that it was a show-long narrative thread that wasn't about authority figure bullshit. They used to do those all the time but they're vanishingly rare these days. It wasn't a particularly great example of either that or "pro wrestling goofy poo poo" but hey, it's a start. Can't entirely dismiss the idea that Smackdown has enough goodwill that it worked where it might have been met with total derision on Raw either.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Sep 28, 2016

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
I thought that Becky/Alexa segment was really the one misfire on the show. They didn't leave enough time for it to sink in before moving on to the next segment and none of the announcers were any good at selling it as a despicable heel thing to do (come to think of it none of those guys are very good at that in general).

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

MinibarMatchman posted:

wait, isn't Cena doing the same with a TV show thing? who's left to work with AJ? Please do not put him with Orton/Wyatt. Please steal Zayn or Cesaro.

of course it's going to be Orton. doesn't really matter who he faces anyway since he doesn't have bad matches.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Orton is beating Bray since he's the only viable babyface challenger for AJ. Sorry.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
you can stop calling it RAM now guys

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
you people complain about 50/50 booking and then when anyone is booked strong you complain about them "not needing wins" and "not helping to make anyone else" lol

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Vince is, by all accounts, heavily involved in both Raw and SD, guys. I think it's time to look for alternative explanations for the discrepancy in quality than "Vince is an insane old man who ruins everything." Like maybe the writers have more influence over the shows than we thought.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

NoMoneyDown posted:

He's in a spot with the company that more worthy people could take in the year 2016, especially for the mid-card title.The problem with Miz is you just can't shine that turd whenever he has to do a match. It's just so unmemorable every time he has to take part in a PPV match. Just nothing outstanding about his in-ring performances.

Miz just had a great match at Backlash and then another one week later on Smackdown. As a total package, he's the best act in the company right now and his IC run is the most prestigious that belt has felt in a long time. Even if you're not as high on him, who on Smackdown is a better candidate for holding the belt right now?

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Oct 2, 2016

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
yeah i mean its not like Lawler is an all time great or anything

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
If Dolph wins it's gonna be like "duh, of course he was going to win", but right now I'm really not confident about that at all, which given how unequivocal they were in establishing that this won't be a bullshit retirement is really a testament to the quality of the build, or at least to the fact that Miz is on such a tear right now that even when his opponent is faced with life-or-death consequences it's hard to comprehend them deciding to end his run.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Endless Mike posted:

*Ziggler loses to Miz

*Shows up on Raw the next night

if you're gonna rip on a show it helps to actually watch it

DeathChicken posted:

NXT Ziggler here we come

that was covered too

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Cavauro posted:

if ziggler were to be booked to lose the match would you guys legit expect him to not show up anymore, or do you just think he is 100% guaranteed to win

i just don't think he will show up on Raw or NXT after they explicitly stated that he can't. i'm not gonna dismiss the possibility that they'll find some other way around it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
I'd be down with Miz losing the IC belt and moving up to feud with AJ with AJ playing de facto face for the duration of that feud. It would work since AJ is already a babyface to half the crowd anyway and Miz is utterly detestable but I don't think they'd do it.

• Locked thread