Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

sticklefifer posted:

I hope Bray goes all in on his new Escape the Room entrepreneur gimmick.

"You have to find the numbers that correspond to three combination locks, Randy. Only then can you find the clue that helps you open the safe. If you need a hint, press the call button. BUT BEWARE, RANDY! It will dock your final score!"

Bray Wyatt should restart the Crystal Maze. I have cooled so much on Wyatt since his rapadoo but this has got me excited for him again. It would have been stupid but knew to keep going till it hit that sweet spot of carny. Please WWE - dont just squish the dude again. Let him win a feud. Randy is old and can take the hit. Bray needs teeth and not just empty rhetoric. This is a step in the right direction.

Miz was amazing. I am officially a Miz fan again for the first time since Miz and Morrisson. There hasn't been a retirement stip in ages.... c'mon WWE pull the trigger and let Ziggler go do stand up or something else. Miz would be so great with bragging about himself as being so awesome he kills careers.

John Cena, Ambrose and Styles were great again. Its been said a million times but Cena really is amazing and will be missed when he retires to Hollywood. I was so deflated after RAW and almost skipped Smackdown. Too much Steph's roster castration and the cruiserweights just make me sad as I know, one day soon, I will go to watch a cruiser 4 way or tag team and the speakers will scream "BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNN!" I hope after the cruisers die or become a Superstars exclusive they send the Brian Kendrick to smackdown along with Cesaro. I like the other guys but I was always a Kendrick fan and enjoy his new Christian style "One More Match" gimmick. But yeah.... Smackdown saves the day and leaves me happy yet again. Thanks Smackdown.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Sep 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

super macho dude posted:

what do you mean YOU PEOPLE!?

What do YOU mean YOU PEOPLE?
I still find that movie funny

I liked New Day better as heels but they get people chanting along and are generally better than most of the other tag teams around so let them beat the record. Hell half of the only reason Raw crowds wake up at all is New Day and E&C waking them up. Yeah its WWE pettiness, but this is more than likely Kofi's final big moment. Before this he was going to be "he has nice moments in the rumble" but now he will be "the longest and most successful tag partner in WWE". Any of you guys know long till he retires? Still wish the Club had taken them off the shelf for a bit with a worked injury angle but as they used to get a nice reaction but what can you do? Let New Day break the record then lose the titles to some new heel tag team that can setup Enzo and Cass finally getting a run. I still hope that two or three of the cruisers form a team as that could make the tag division a ton of fun and establish them outside the cruiserweight belt and stigma. Make another London and Kendrick and let them go be heels. Would also bring some more substance to the cruiserweight division if our collective cynicism is off mark. Raw needs more tag teams anyway unless they make Cesaro and Shaemus both heels.

Still think most of the problem with Raw is a McMahon. Steph is alright in doses but she's so oppressive. This unrelenting and constant force that just never lets up and can never be overcome. Plus, seeing Foley grovel is just sad. We all loved Foley and he's obviously having issues with his brain. Its like seeing some rich wanker mock some special needs kid. Reminds me of a hearing I saw with Martin Shkreli where these American government types are pleading the guy to lower prices as peoples lives depended on access to his medication that he arbitrarily raised the price of several hundred percent. One senator (?) had this earnest look as said he believed that Shreli was a decent person and would do the humane thing.... cut to Shkreli just rolling his eyes and smirking. Its like an entire show around that guy but this time he runs things and thus will never ever go away until he gets bored for a bit. Vickie had a similar evil authority role as did Vince but, as many have said, they are poo poo many times. Steph won't. Just a bit depressing.

On to happier WWE things: Jericho and KO are golden every moment they are on screen, The Brian Kendrick is back, New Day and Enzo and Cass wake up the crowds, Smackdown is almost completely superb and Miz has reached his peak and will hopefully remove Dolph Ziggler, fan of Megadeath, from our screens forever. God save the Miz and his SuperDad!

edit: also you guys make WWE better. Not sarcasm. You guys always manage to spot nice things and make me grin. RHL, Chris James 2, Foochs, Oat, BGL, KFG, Brock Lesbian, Bard Maddox... you guys keep me smiling when it comes to WWE. Its always a pleasure to be RIGHT HERE! IN PSP! <double thumbs up behind a bearded smile>

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 28, 2016

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Chinston Wurchill posted:

The Ascension are exclusive to Smackdown Live!

Is it sad I still dig their music and the Illuminati titantron? I can't stand the Ascension as they suck but still..... cool song and vid. I did like when that one guy was a part of the new JOB squad or whatever they were called. I remember Heath, Bo being the bestest friend and YEEEEE. Also when the Ascension came back for their initial big time match on Smackdown and then screwed up their own finisher. That was hilarity. Ahhhhh Ascension.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Minus1Minus1 posted:

Like 2 years ago, Ziggler was beloved around here and Miz seemed pretty universally hated.

Is it different people posting or have opinions actually flipped?

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Post mania 31 Ziggler was a steady decline with stuff like the "Kiss me Arse" feud, with the bottomless pit of no joy that was Ziggler/Rusev shortly following after.

Also Miz has been gold with his entire heel run.

Same people with more info. To add to BB's summary: ADR/Zigg double turn was the last time Ziggler was great and that was years ago. Dolph was decent versus the authority and that big win seemed to be a sign of our dreams of the guy getting some spotlight. That didn't really go anywhere and the Rusev feud was POISON to all involved. Ziggler came off as incredibly unlikeable and Rusev was more sympathetic than usual. That was timed with backstage douchey Ziggler stories, comedian Zigger, Megadeath 80s Rocker Poser Ziggler and "loving millenials suck" Ziggler. He's never been a super flashy performer and has generally mediocre in ring skills combined with a mic ability that tend to be even more grating when he's face when he doesn't gently caress up. He's been a bland face for aeons now. So part WWE doing its tone deaf stasis meeting a genuine dbag that comes across as half assing it while demanding we love him and that he's awesome. He's a face that had 50/50 booking at best but just didn't make anyone who beat him memorable. Did Ambrose look more legit beating Ziggler? Has anyone recently? Will anyone?

Miz. He doesn't shine in the ring like some and comes across to many as doing as little as he can to get the win. He also comes across as douchey, entitled, smug and condescending. But all those personality flaws are on stage, as opposed to real life, and that's his job. He's there to be hated. He doesn't demand your love or your respect. He's a d-lister who comes across as an a-lister with a smoking hot wife and won't play by our rules as he is better than us. So we want to see someone punch his dumb face and look forward to someone punching his dumb face. That is heel 101. He's always been good on the mic but has, of late, stepped up his game more and his in ring limitations are perfect for his character who wants to do the minimal till he fucks up to go do a movie or PR appearance. Granted we still have WWE booking but the guy has potential to make some good face look like a million bucks. Cesaro an Miz would be an interesting feud and I wish it would happen as Cesaro's would bring that match the snowflakes and Miz would carry the charisma and energy to the program. Plus I want to hear Maryse talk smack in French to get outdone by Cesaro who speaks every language. Zayn and Miz would also be bueno. Either way Miz has potential to make faces look good.

Electric Lady posted:

I hope Miz goes over at the pay-per-view and Ziggler kneels in the middle of the ring, arms out in anguish, waiting for the "THANK YOU ZIGGLER"-s to wash over him -- and they never come.

Same. For the love of God please let Miz permanently retire Zigg. Also to that other goon: nope - when Dolph appears the fans go to the restroom or take a nap. Even in the Miz feud the Miz can get boos and Zigg gets... silence with some boos.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Raskolnikov38 posted:

also acceptable as I won't see Ziggler until they drop the brand split

I say move him to Raw and have him feud with Sheamus so I can fast forward/go smoke without the regret of missing Cesaro.

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Oh man Kelso and Hyde are gonna be on RAW I just have to watch now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiyvTOShp-U

HOT SCOOP: They will team up with THE BOG DOG ROMAN REIGNS!

EDIT:I'm keeping my typo as is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Cubone posted:

I know Spooky Sarah and she is going to post in this thread on Tuesday

Well...why? Isn't she a friend?

Kidding I love you guys ALMOST as much as I love the Miz. Almost.

Oh Miz.... I'd toss you my heart but I know you would never catch it.

• Locked thread