Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

oldpainless posted:

Does Cesaro actually need the tape or is it just like D-Lo's chest protector now?

Cesaro is actually five hundred years old and if you take the tape off he would dissolve into dust the second Sheamus's sweaty gross body touched him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Look, you don't start a women's revolution by being a shrinking violet

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

sam bradford lmao posted:

Last Saturday I went to my first WWE show in 15 years. It was better than sitting through a RAW, but I was also reminded that people my age who go to these shows are giant manchildren. We had some rear end in a top hat sitting right behind us desperately trying to start a "DIE ROMAN DIE" chant almost to the point he was hoarse during Reigns/Rusev .
the internet personified

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Basic Chunnel posted:

Some AVC commenter called it The Whiskey and Cheese Connection and I think it works, given that they are very much a Rock / Mankind sort of tag team

The Shamrock and Interlaken Connection

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

CobiWann posted:

Someone who is legit good at what he does, says things like "I eat pieces of poo poo for breakfast" and "And Grizzly Adams had a beard," has a best friend who probably like Sizzler and Red Lobster, and provides a perfect heel foil for the good guys.

Also, most likely to buy Sami Zayn's house for real estate speculation.

your analogy falls apart because Sami Zayn can't be Happy Gilmore, Happy Gilmore was talented

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Minidust posted:

Raw is really weird right now when you think about the top faces.

Roman - competing for US title
Seth - I guess is a face now? Main evented the last PPV in face role at least
?????? -

Then it's a hard dropoff into Cesaro/Midcard territory. Am I missing someone obvious? SmackDown Live! has 3 obvious top faces in Cena, Ambrose, and Orton. Raw technically has Brock but it's silly to factor him into roster depth.

Smackdown has the opposite problem to Raw though, you have 3 strong faces and then on the heel side the dropoff after AJ is hilarious.

The Miz? Bound to the midcard until he drops the strap, and he should in no way drop it anytime soon.
Bray Wyatt? Dolph Ziggler (eventually)? Baron Corbin? No one cares.

I almost wish you could somehow take the rosters of both shows and like somehow combine them into one unified roster. You could then have wrestlers from both shows fight one another, which might create some fresh and interesting matchups. Also you wouldn't have two incredibly anemic tag and womens' divisions. I don't know if it'd ever be possible, just something to think about

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Cesaro coming to some important life decisions on twitter.

https://twitter.com/WWECesaro/status/780746501706440709

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

JT Smiley posted:

There are way too many guys doing topes every match at the moment. So much risk for a move that doesn't even look that good most of the time.

Yeah it's really not even a cool enough move to justify the risk involved. Especially when like 6 guys do them.

Aye Doc posted:

and then there's dean's, which has no risk and looks awful. the best of both worlds

honestly Dean's is the scariest of all because he is so critically incompetent at doing it there is no way to tell what he will land on

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Solus posted:

Someone on reddit had the best name for Cesaro/Seamus

"Dublin 07"

I was proud of mine but this is fantastic

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Baron Corbyn posted:

I'd love to see Dolph lose his match to Miz and then never have to see Dolph again.

the problem with this is they're not going to turn Miz face by having him be the final solution to the Zigglish problem

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

eight years old and already a smark cheering for the heel

smdh
my wife was in the room for that and I'm pretty sure she is a Randy Orton fan for life now

Randy looks mildly uncomfortable with being a face most of the time but he tries damnit :unsmith:

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Sep 28, 2016

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

That DICK! posted:

Open the door get on the floor

FYI: we celebrate on the floor

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

To be fair to whomever transcribed that (unless Kennedy wrote that himself) "New Finland" is phonetically correct
I was extremely tickled by the fact that Mr. Kennedy thinks there's a Canadian province called New Finland, but it turns out it's from an AMA he was doing over the phone and the reddit transcriber got it wrong.:(

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

literally everything involving Bray Wyatt is a poor man's Jake

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

sticklefifer posted:

Every Newfie I've ever met pronounces the "found".

I'm from the province next door and I've never heard the "found" pronounced, you been dealing with some suspect-rear end newfies

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

AAA posted:

Lucha Libre AAA WorldWide comunica que por causas ajenas a la empresa, Alberto “El Patrón”, no se presentó a la función de Héroes Inmortales X, la cual se llevó acabo esta tarde. Lo anterior a pesar de haber confirmado su presencia al evento con anticipación e incluso esta misma mañana.

Lamentamos la falta compromiso de Alberto, ya que le falla al público mexicano que lo ha apoyado durante su carrera, hasta convertirlo en una de las máximas figuras de la lucha libre en México y a nivel internacional.

Para Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide, es de suma importancia ofrecer los mejores espectáculos de calidad internacional, además de reforzar que la lucha libre mexicana es la mejor del mundo y es una parte fundamental de la cultura de nuestro país.

My Spanish is rusty, but the gist is that ADR is poop, from a butt, who has let down the Mexican public who supported him and made him an international star, because of his aforementioned status as poop. Also he literally told AAA in the morning "yeah I'll be there" and then noshowed in the evening.

I wonder at what point will promotions stop giving him chance after chance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

"too much sugar"

jericho is amazing

• Locked thread