Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Holy poo poo I love love love the guy who went off on that ape man tangent when he was telling the Lincoln story. He was in the last episode too. Such a weird whiny voice.

timp posted:

This season has been a bit of a downtick in my opinion. It's still one of my favorite shows hands down and it's still appointment viewing, but I think either one of two things is happening, maybe both. One, I think they've become a bit too self aware. In the beginning, the narrators seemed more like themselves, whereas now it sometimes feels like Derek Waters is coaching them to say certain things in a certain way. Maybe I've just become more aware of it, but that's how it feels. The other thing that seems to be happening is that the framing of the stories is weaker. For instance, the episode with the guy that invented LSD and escaped prison. There honestly wasn't much of a story there! He got arrested, he escaped prison, he got picked back up again shortly thereafter. And in the Sadie the Goat, not much really happened there either. It's like there's no point or moral or anything, which in the past they've usually been great with.

Least season bummed me out every time it cut to Derek. He was just sitting there like an alcoholic statue, not interacting with anybody, clearly not having fun. It was kind of miserable unless the woman was attractive then he'd at least reply to them. He seems to be having more fun and smiling this time around, I wonder if it's because he got forced to hear stories from people he doesn't really know, and this time around he just hired his friends again.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Oct 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

spooky like this! posted:

Rich Fulcher is a national treasure. I highly recommend the show he did with Matt Berry, Snuff Box. They were given a budget and told to make six episodes with no oversight because the BBC just needed something to fill a time slot.

Is that the one about the undertakers?

spooky like this! posted:

Kind of, they're hangmen.

Yeah I think I watched the first episode on Netflix, gonna have to rewatch it now that I'm aware of Rich Fulcher

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 27, 2016

• Locked thread