Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

garfield hentai posted:

I heard the audience cheering a few times but you never really saw them... you really have to wonder if it was added in post to sway people's opinions w/ biases... maybe it's nothing but it's pretty suspicious

I liked when they turned up the laughtrack when trump said he has a good temperament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I enjoyed watching the Falcons beat up the aints while 2 idiots talked about poo poo they'd never actually do once they were in office.

texasmed
May 27, 2004
It was the best and most highly rated debate in history.

counterpoint: All presidential debates are poo poo.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I didn't get to watch it but reading through transcripts of what Trump said makes him sounds like an actual crazy person. I follow a bunch of information security people on Twitter and the reaction has basically been "lol."

https://twitter.com/rseymour/status/780775955187036160

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Hilary put on a clinic on trolling and it was super fun to watch. It was very entertaining and satisfying.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I listened to it for about 40 minutes on a side monitor while playing Star Wars: Battlefront and then dropped it to go barbecue. I feel I gave the event the full attention it deserved.

texasmed
May 27, 2004
I liked the part when Trump brought up the emails and then Hillary deflected it for 2 consecutive minutes

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
I know a lot more about the places Trump owns property.

Sperghetti
Apr 21, 2010

I liked the lovely republican moderator who let trump ramble for 5 minutes at a time but was very authoritative and capable when shutting down Clinton at her 2 minute marks

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Sperghetti posted:

I liked the lovely republican moderator who let trump ramble for 5 minutes at a time but was very authoritative and capable when shutting down Clinton at her 2 minute marks

i dont think that was holt's fault, hillary is good at keeping to the time (behind the camera is a big timer to let you know how long you have to talk) because she is a professional and trump would just ramble on like an angry grandpa and there's not much you can do if someone doesn't want to respect the rules of the debate

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
I felt like we were so close to Trump using the phrase "the blacks" but never quite got there. Like trying to jerk off on SSRIs.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

boner confessor posted:

i dont think that was holt's fault, hillary is good at keeping to the time (behind the camera is a big timer to let you know how long you have to talk) because she is a professional and trump would just ramble on like an angry grandpa and there's not much you can do if someone doesn't want to respect the rules of the debate

The only way to get him to shut up is a "cut the mic" button and there's no way either campaign would let that fly, sadly.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
it was the most entertaining thing i've watched all year

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Mo0 posted:

The only way to get him to shut up is a "cut the mic" button and there's no way either campaign would let that fly, sadly.

Last night while drinking I thought they should do a thing where every time you break the rules of the debate your mic volume is lowered say 5%, and it slowly recovers.

Like a video game. And they could have like health bars for the TV audience, so we could watch it chip away as he goes WRONG.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

I have no idea about how the debate will play in Peoria, and so much of this election seems to be wrapped up in the rust belt.

But it seems that Trump was not in control. Usually he can say what he wants to a captive audience, but here he didn't have one, even though he tried to gain one.

And then afterwards, he reminds us that he COULD have won. He came off as the drunk guy at the bar bragging about all the asses he could have kicked.

I think the result will be that he will fall a little behind, but will then start to react badly, and it will cycle downwards, as he gets more desperate.

But who knows? I've been so wrong so many times in the past 12+ months about this election.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
I thought it was boring.

The man with all the rhetoric but nothing to say versus the woman with no rhetoric but everything to say.

I was expecting a lot more fighting. Is it the third one where they get into the ring and wrestle?

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Like trying to jerk off on SSRIs.

:negative:

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Trump's a terrible waste of flesh, but I'll admit I laughed when Hillary brought up him stiffing that architect and he goes, "Maybe he didn't do a good job."

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Retardog posted:

Trump's a terrible waste of flesh, but I'll admit I laughed when Hillary brought up him stiffing that architect and he goes, "Maybe he didn't do a good job."

I laugh when he does this stuff.
Like when he said “Rosie O’Donnell, I said very tough things to her and I think everyone would agree that she deserves it and nobody feels sorry for her”.

The way he says it and he's so proud and for some reason nobody there called him out on it and moved on.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
I laughed non stop the entire time at Trump floundering on the floor like a fish out of water.

He was anti-pro-anti NATO in the same sentence, he all but confirmed his tax returns (and then said he could release them if he wanted but wouldn't, a complete 180 from his previous stance), he confirmed the story about stiffing a contractor, he confirmed that he doesn't pay federal taxes, he confirmed that he was sued for being a racist sexist employer.

The rest of the 90 minutes it was basically this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

Rabble posted:

He was anti-pro-anti NATO in the same sentence

What the hell was that? He's for it but against the money we spend on it but they do a good job but they should do a better job focusing on terrorism BUT they did just start a terror task force so that's good but they're not good but they really do a good job....

... what?! Was he insinuating they started the terror task force because he told them to or something?

Then Hillary is just 'look the only time NATO was invoked was after 9/11 so :shrug:' and I was like drat.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
trump didnt do good at all, is my feeling on it.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Roylicious posted:

What the hell was that? He's for it but against the money we spend on it but they do a good job but they should do a better job focusing on terrorism BUT they did just start a terror task force so that's good but they're not good but they really do a good job....

... what?! Was he insinuating they started the terror task force because he told them to or something?

Then Hillary is just 'look the only time NATO was invoked was after 9/11 so :shrug:' and I was like drat.

I think he's doing the thing where NATO is totally bad right now, but he can make it great again and they'll do what he says like when they decided to fight terrorism like he told them to.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Roylicious posted:

He did it with gun control too, he was pro gun but also anti people having guns depending on the context. I've never seen a candidate switch stances multiple times mid-sentence.

Edit: I get what he was trying to say, about how he told them to start a terrorism task force. Its wrong and a lie but people don't care about facts, he bungled the whole thing regardless.

Rabble fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Sep 27, 2016

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Eonwe posted:

my son is good with computers

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Roylicious posted:

I feel like the anchors and news people wanted it to be crazier than it was.

This was my opinion. Hillary clearly won but if you've been following this election at all for the past year nothing Trump did or said should have surprised you,and if anything he was more restrained than usual. That doesn't mean Trump isn't crazy but I don't know where the "TRUMP MELTED DOWN LIKE NEVER BEFORE" narrative is coming from except that that's what the media wants to have happened.

Whatever you do, don't post an innocuous take like this in C-SPAM or you'll immediately be accused of being a crypto-fascist with a sub-zero IQ.

Eonwe posted:

Duh. He never does good unless you've already been drawn in by his hypnotic aura of big dumb idiocy.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Rabble posted:

He did it with gun control too, he was pro gun but also anti people having guns depending on the context. I've never seen a candidate switch stances multiple times mid-sentence.

Trump isn't about policies or stances, those are malleable to him. He's all about being an avatar for the seething discontentment (white) people are feeling in America, as such he is basically all about doing something and providing the veneer that it is something different.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

Cnut the Great posted:

That doesn't mean Trump isn't crazy but I don't know where the "TRUMP MELTED DOWN LIKE NEVER BEFORE" narrative is coming from except that that's what the media wants to have happened.

Right afterwards the anchors or whatever with Tom Brokaw were going 'that was SURREAL it was the weirdest debate EVER!'

I was just ".... really though???"

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Hillary's talking points about wealth inequality that she lifted word for word from Bernie's platform didn't come across as terribly authentic for some reason.

Trump looked like a big dumb retard.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Trump floundered a bit when confronted with some of the skeletons in his closet, but mostly he just spit out lots of incoherent nonsense which has been the foundation of his entire campaign thus far and has worked pretty well for him.

Nobody who was for Trump before the debate is going to drop their support just because Hillary spit out some coherent yet completely non committal sound bytes on the issues and got Donald to squirm a little bit and anyone who is dumb enough to be undecided at this point probably wasn't watching anyhow.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Roylicious posted:

Right afterwards the anchors or whatever with Tom Brokaw were going 'that was SURREAL it was the weirdest debate EVER!'

I mean he was childish, but not as childish as we've come to expect. He didn't look like a good president but he didn't melt down or look any different than he ever does though.Trump didn't do anything that would make an undecided voter like him, but he didn't do anything so far beyond the pale that he'd alienate his own base. Hillary narrowly wins in that she looked...okay I guess, she might pick up a point in the polls but she definitely didn't make a strong case for herself or break Trump or anything.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Oh yeah also the fact that both candidates support taking away someone's 2nd amendment rights if they're on the No-Fly-List is loving horrifying and I don't know why no one is talking about that.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Trump: Everyone refuses to call Sean Hannity! Call Sean Hannity!
Clinton: Ok, let's call Hannity. <hands him a phone>
Trump: <dials, places phone to ear> Sean?
Hannity: Did you do it?
Trump: No... can't now. It's going to have to be you.
Hannity: But Donald, there has to be some other way...
Trump: Listen, we're at the university. You've got about a 20 minute headstar---
Clinton: <grabs for the phone>
Trump: DO IT! DO IT, SEAN! I'M LOSING THIS DEBATE
Hannity: <shocked, frantically grabs a pistol and rushes out the door>

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Oh yeah also the fact that both candidates support taking away someone's 2nd amendment rights if they're on the No-Fly-List is loving horrifying and I don't know why no one is talking about that.

Travel is a more fundamental right than gun ownership, and if you failed the background test to travel freely then you should fail the one to own a convenient method of killing your fellow man.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
I liked the part where Donald Trump said a fat goon could have hacked Hillary's emails.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Roylicious posted:

The reality of a Trump presidency finally set in for the media so now they're doing their best to tank him by any means possible, and as a result aren't really doing a very good job of being objective, even though Trump really is terrible. It kind of goes un-commented upon by most reasonable people, because reasonable people by-and-large want Trump to lose and don't really care if the media turns its powers of sensationalist narrative creation against him.

It's a bit like when O.J. was in the peculiar position of being framed by the police for a murder he actually really did commit.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Sperghetti posted:

I thought this was annoying too but on the other hand Hillary was totally prepared to just let him dig as big a hole as he could, and the hole turned out to be pretty goddamn big

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Chomp8645 posted:

I listened to it for about 40 minutes on a side monitor while playing Star Wars: Battlefront and then dropped it to go barbecue. I feel I gave the event the full attention it deserved.

same but killing floor 2 and chicken and rice

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Libelous Slander posted:

I liked the part where Donald Trump said a fat goon could have hacked Hillary's emails.

It was me. I hacked the DNC, I confused it for the KFC. In hindsight it was very disappointing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

akulanization posted:

Travel is a more fundamental right than gun ownership, and if you failed the background test to travel freely then you should fail the one to own a convenient method of killing your fellow man.

I really don't want to get into a debate about guns but people get put on that list for little-to-no reason all the time or even accidentally and you basically have no recourse if that happens to you. One of my best friends was on it for years because he has a Lebanese last name.

• Locked thread