Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Zorodius posted:

I went outside and talked to people in person

Yeah so did I. I even *snicker* worked out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

I cried a while in QCS then made some dumb memes for PYF.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3746906&userid=45135

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Hung out in this sub for a while, but it didn't work out so well because I didn't want to go to Montana

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I tried, really tried, to contribute to the cogent intelligent discussion going on in FYAD. Got like 4 probations and a new av. Also copped a new username so now I have been thoroughly reinvented.
I just know all my posts will be gooder from now on.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Like all other 40 or so of the really hot poo poo, cool kids, I hosed off to byob. It turns out you are aloud to be funny there you just have to smile while you do it. They made me a cool foxnews halloween sig. :unsmith:

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Oh also the first day or two I was bitching in qcs like everyone else and fau targetted my posts (among all the other bitchy posts) for extremely dismissive replies <3

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
My neighbors wanted me to run D&D with them, so I went to TG a lot. Then they came over and the wife drank a bottle of rum and got high in my garage. It was a pretty good game of D&D. I got all kinds of pissed off texts from her when she sobered up and her husband told her that her character died.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i enjoyed nooner posting in byob and i screencapped it

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

I went into PYF but it wasn't very good.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I started dating a model

They totally know how much better than regular people they are and everyone is nicer to them

Besides that, I kept thinking about how stupid KUATO is and how he'll hopefully be banned in nuGBS

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

hth posted:

Thank you for this, I'm going to share it with my byobrethren. It made me laugh.

I'm glad for the folks who came to visit byob but I'm sincerely glad you got GBS back because you really seem to love it. Don't be strangers okay? Come and visit again.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

City of Glompton posted:

Thank you for this, I'm going to share it with my byobrethren. It made me laugh.

I'm glad for the folks who came to visit byob but I'm sincerely glad you got GBS back because you really seem to love it. Don't be strangers okay? Come and visit again.

you guys are awesome and i sincerely appreciate your community. anyone who hasnt checked out BYOB needs to. its one of the most laid back places to interact with people.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

City of Glompton posted:

God you BYOBes are annoying :11tea:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

byob is good

i spent most of gbses time off staring at the inside of a cat jail which was surprisingly relaxing. maybe I'll visit again soon!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Don Tacorleone posted:

God you BYOBes are annoying :11tea:

that's a level three posting pal you're sassing, mister! show some respect

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

hth posted:

you guys are awesome and i sincerely appreciate your community. anyone who hasnt checked out BYOB needs to. its one of the most laid back places to interact with people.
:yeah:

Shout-out to SIB for convincing me to check out the 'yob back in April. T'was a good decision.

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su
I posted a thread in AI whining about how I get motion sick while auto racing.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

hth posted:

Here. I want you to try something for me.

It's a byob drink. It's called "root beer"

U: ugh! Its vile!

Yeah, I know. It's so bubbly and cloying, and happy.

U: *a look of understanding* ah. Just like byob.

But you know what's really frightening? If you drink enough of it, you begin to like it.

U: it's insidious!

JUST like byob. :gay:

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
I hung out in Paranormal/Conspiracy like you were supposed to.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Nathilus posted:

Here. I want you to try something for me.

It's a byob drink. It's called "root beer"

U: ugh! Its vile!

Yeah, I know. It's so bubbly and cloying, and happy.

U: *a look of understanding* ah. Just like byob.

But you know what's really frightening? If you drink enough of it, you begin to like it.

U: it's insidious!

JUST like byob. :gay:

byob's mostly a seltzer forum now thanks to my efforts

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Luxury Communism posted:

I hung out in Paranormal/Conspiracy like you were supposed to.

thats just what they wanted you to do

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Mostly QCS but then I watched some Youtube videos while lifting barbells and swearing at them.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Mostly read TFR, stuck my toes into C-SPAM before they melted off because C-SPAM is toxic.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I caught up on some PYF threads - I promise a couple of them are mostly good, most of the time.

In particular I binged like 200 pages of the Schadenfreude thread to strip away the tattered remnants of my humanity before the debate yesterday.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

byob's mostly a seltzer forum now thanks to my efforts

Either way you can consider me successfully turned. I wanted to hate, Hate, HAAAAAATE but I found it impossible in that atmosphere of convivial posting brotherhoodness.

LOOK WHAT YOUVE DONE TO MEEEEEE

https://youtu.be/Y45SSIE36bw

Nathilus fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Sep 27, 2016

BluPotato
Jul 18, 2006

Was reading Parnormal, wait? Wasn't that the new GBS?

obviously I fucked it
Oct 6, 2009
Reddit. Just not the same.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Made an inoffensive intro post in BYOB, and because I'm such a bad boy was cautioned to be "chill." Was surprised at their being some good non-warm-'n'-fuzzy threads & posts there, but it still wasn't good ol' GBS.

Posted in a thread somewhere about whether you like your coffee white or black, thread was gassed (obviously too 'edge').

Made a couple of posts in the Paranormal/Conspiracy Forum incl. a thread called Mods know. Some good threads there by ironic GBS-types, though if I hung out there a lot the rantings of the genuine conspiracy nuts would make me smdh a lot.

Read parts of some FYAD threads, mainly catching up on the majestic The Wife Majestic photo & bullshit thread. When they're not busy dissing or doxxing someone they don't like over dozens of pages, FYADers can be very funny (I suppose the same could often be said of GBS). Didn't post there though because I would have been told to 'go back to GBS' and got butthurt both because of rejection and bcause of there being no GBS to go back to at the time.

Spent more time reading actual books and thinking I'd finally be able to complete the process of getting a life.

I'm happy (on some levels) that good ol', I mean new GBS 0.1, is back.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
after i decided i wasnt good at posting there i lurked FYAD for a while to get a feel for what all those people who cry "actually FYAD is funny" constantly in QCS are talking about.

it's not.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
i asked a question in the programming forum and then i just wallowed in a profound sadness

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

thathonkey posted:

after i decided i wasnt good at posting there i lurked FYAD for a while to get a feel for what all those people who cry "actually FYAD is funny" constantly in QCS are talking about.

it's not.

you mad

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

BigBadSteve posted:

Made an inoffensive intro post in BYOB, and because I'm such a bad boy was cautioned to be "chill." Was surprised at their being some good non-warm-'n'-fuzzy threads & posts there, but it still wasn't good ol' GBS.

Yeah BYOB has it's place I guess, but warm'n'fuzzy all the time is incredibly grating.

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I mostly lurk so I just lurked in pyf and read a cool thread and then I lurked in e/n (a choice I regret)

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

thathonkey posted:

it's not.

I like fyad I think those guys are alright

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

supernatural blonde posted:

I mostly lurk so I just lurked in pyf and read a cool thread and then I lurked in e/n (a choice I regret)

Lurking pyf is the right choice. It's self evident that a LOT of goddamned idiots post there (lol look at the "stop reporting stupid poo poo you idiots" thread, priceless) but there are some legit good threads to look at. Solution: look at but do not touch the poop.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I posted a few times in BYOB, and in C Spam. I was active in the 2008 D&D election thread but I'm a GBS mang through and through, so am glad it's back.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Nathilus posted:

Lurking pyf is the right choice. It's self evident that a LOT of goddamned idiots post there (lol look at the "stop reporting stupid poo poo you idiots" thread, priceless) but there are some legit good threads to look at. Solution: look at but do not touch the poop.

I enjoyed the funny picture thread and it averages a decent 3 images a page.

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Nathilus posted:

I've been working my way through the unsettling article or story thread for months, I don't think I'll ever reach the end because of falling down the wiki holes. It's pretty great.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

hth posted:

I enjoyed the funny picture thread and it averages a decent 3 images a page.

I like watching idiots own themselves ao I like the shaden thread. Also the mysterious stories thread. But both have a really bad tendency to break out into long, pissy arguments or complaint sessions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Nathilus posted:

I like watching idiots own themselves ao I like the shaden thread. Also the mysterious stories thread. But both have a really bad tendency to break out into long, pissy arguments or complaint sessions.

peep the macro thread - that korgan fellow really has led quite the life

• Locked thread