Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Palisader posted:

Maybe it's just me then, because any time time I read PYF games threads I feel like my brains are melting about 5 pages in, so one day I said "that's enough" and never looked back.

Just stay away from those PYF games threads. It's the only sane choice. The frightening/unnerving PYF thread is great, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

The Wizard of Poz posted:

So new GBS just seems like old GBS with more attentive moderation, I'm not really sure why they needed to shut it down to achieve that but I'm pleased with the result so okay.

Everybody needs the occasional power trip

Yesterday I went and unplugged my son's computer while he was playing minecraft, just to prove I could. I'm sure he'll be way more diligent about good building practices now.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
None it was loving terrible.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

ElGroucho posted:

Everybody needs the occasional power trip

Yesterday I went and unplugged my son's computer while he was playing minecraft, just to prove I could. I'm sure he'll be way more diligent about good building practices now.

from a qcs thread before the return. can't quote it because the thread was closed but

quote:

something awful has dropped by over 150 in the global traffic rankings since the well thought out decision to close gbs was acted upon

that's a drop of over 150 in a week, to put that in context

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

The frightening/unnerving PYF thread is great, though.

this is the best PYF thread

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

rezatahs posted:

from a qcs thread before the return. can't quote it because the thread was closed but

To be fair most of the people who left were probably terrible/lurkers nobody will miss anyway

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Also I got a lot more done at work while GBS was gone and I was mega probed. I'm glad it's back and I can post again because a sustained increase in my productivity would reveal how much time I was wasting before

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Also I got a lot more done at work while GBS was gone and I was mega probed. I'm glad it's back and I can post again because a sustained increase in my productivity would reveal how much time I was wasting before

Same

I can't keep up the insane pace of doing THREE! things a day

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Paranormal/conspiracy was pretty much GBS in twilight zone.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
"subs"? Ugh.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

phasmid posted:

"subs"? Ugh.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

We're talking about the sandwiches right?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
did anyone do some word play with the fact sub could mean a sandwhich or a nautical vessel yet? I bet that would be ripe for some quality riffing! :twisted:

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Smash it Smash hit posted:

did anyone do some word play with the fact sub could mean a sandwhich or a [guy in a fox suit] yet? I bet that would be ripe for some quality [y]iffing! :twisted:

Where's your crown now, my liege?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

phasmid posted:

Where's your crown now, my liege?

The crow flies at midnight. *runs finger across nose*

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

*picks own nose with pistol*

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

phasmid posted:

*picks own nose with pistol*

youre hired, you start monday bring a clean shirt.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

I had the legions ready to fart simultaneously and declare you imperator

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

smash hit is the once and future GBS KING :fyadride:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

ElGroucho posted:

I had the legions ready to fart simultaneously and declare you imperator

Strike when the iron is hot, the night is when fire glows the brightest. It is still morning. *winks profusely*

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

smash hit is the once and future GBS KING :fyadride:

*throws off weathered cloak* IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

not now you idiot!

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
*puts cloak back on* hehe.. just joking just me a kindly ol' merchant. hehe.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Huh, where'd that king guy go?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
I have no idea what you are talking about, can i interest you with in some baubles? they are very....... enlightening. :grin:

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

the baubles posted:

"...and... the kingin is g...ood"

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

:eyepop: holy smokes! :eyepop:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Punchsport pagoda and reading about horrible things on PYF

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I used my spare time to make dark and evil sacrifices, hoping against hope that I would live to see drad Bert post again.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Captain Yossarian posted:

I used my spare time to make dark and evil sacrifices, hoping against hope that I would live to see drad Bert post again.

*hands you a bauble* the chains grow rusty. *boops nose*

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
hello captain yossarian, my faithful posting buddy

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
For real though, I worked out and walked around during my down time and work and lost enough weight to literally "tighten my belt" 2 holes or whatever. I'm pretty proud of myself, tbh.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

*hands you a bauble* the chains grow rusty. *boops nose*

Hello my liege.

thathonkey posted:

hello captain yossarian, my faithful posting buddy

Hi buddy!

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Hello my liege.

Hi buddy!

hehehe. i dont know what you are talking about i am just a kindly tradesman trying to make it in this new city!

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

For real though, I worked out and walked around during my down time and work and lost enough weight to literally "tighten my belt" 2 holes or whatever. I'm pretty proud of myself, tbh.

This is cool and good. I would have gone to the gym a lot more but my wife's car completely poo poo the bed so we're down to one vehicle. I stayed home and did pushups and situps and free weight stuff which was cool as long as I could ignore the $30/month I'm wasting on my gym membership.

Now my car is actually acting up too, it's an '08 Hyundai Elantra that I've taken pretty good care of but the TCM just flips out and refuses to shift sometimes. I've had it in the shop four times already and apparently all the hardware looks completely fine, it's an issue with the TCM itself. I mean, it's good news, I was kind of expecting to have to rebuild the whole transmission, and while I have the money to do it I would really rather not, y'know? But the problem is nobody can figure out what the gently caress is going on with the TCM so sometimes I'm just stuck driving in first gear for ten miles, and it sucks. :(

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

food court bailiff posted:

This is cool and good. I would have gone to the gym a lot more but my wife's car completely poo poo the bed so we're down to one vehicle. I stayed home and did pushups and situps and free weight stuff which was cool as long as I could ignore the $30/month I'm wasting on my gym membership.

Now my car is actually acting up too, it's an '08 Hyundai Elantra that I've taken pretty good care of but the TCM just flips out and refuses to shift sometimes. I've had it in the shop four times already and apparently all the hardware looks completely fine, it's an issue with the TCM itself. I mean, it's good news, I was kind of expecting to have to rebuild the whole transmission, and while I have the money to do it I would really rather not, y'know? But the problem is nobody can figure out what the gently caress is going on with the TCM so sometimes I'm just stuck driving in first gear for ten miles, and it sucks. :(

I lucked out honestly, my employer has a gym for anyone who works in the building and its 24/7 and free!

Re: car troubles. I hear you there, I drive an immortal but beat to poo poo old Nissan truck, but my gf's Honda fit is one of those with recalled airbags and she's super paranoid about it so she basically never wants to drive anywhere...

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I spent hours trying to get an adblock extension working so I could remove the stupid gif background of C-Spam in time for the debate. Then when I finally did it, there was nothing funny in that forum. It was just the same as reading D & D.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

some guy on the bus posted:

I spent hours trying to get an adblock extension working so I could remove the stupid gif background of C-Spam in time for the debate. Then when I finally did it, there was nothing funny in that forum. It was just the same as reading D & D.

:sad:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I didn't much cause gently caress the rest of the forum is way too serious and it's usually kinda dull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

i made an effort to go into ask & tell

it's still kinda inactive though. used to have baller threads

• Locked thread