Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Not liking anime just means you're a healthy adult. Liking it is a strong sign you're a child.

People always come in going but this one is the exception and its like anything has exceptions but that doesn't change how horrid the rest is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Roylicious posted:

I think it's just a medium and like everything else that exists 90% of the things done in that medium are bad but there's some cool things here and there.

I think other mediums are like 80% trash and anime is like 99% trash.

Senior Management
Jul 3, 2011

Suspect A posted:

I would fart all over anime but I'm not actually going to do that because that's gross.

The best cartoons come out of Russia.

They did a good job with Winnie the Pooh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqdiEUp6s4E

Also please fart at home and not in this thread

inkajoo
Oct 4, 2015

nyes

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i like anime and i don't really care if other people watch what i like or not. trying to convert people is a beginner's mistake.

i remember the first time a "japanimation" fan solicited me to check out his favorite 5fps cartoon slant-eye nonsense.

CHING CHONG DING DONG NO THANK YOU!!! :)

Bodhidharma
Jul 2, 2011

"virgin no more! virgin no more!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob
I'm making my stance towards the OP as clear as possible:

go gently caress yourself OP

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
ANIME IS BLOOD

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

RaySmuckles posted:

i liked "planetes"

thats not how you spell planets :colbert:

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

if you like anime, you should be ashamed of yourself

this can be mitigated by the simple act of only doing anime things alone in the privacy of your bedroom, and never ever speaking of it in real life or online. if you like anime, you are bad. if other people know you like anime, you are a trash human.

like all other deviant sexual perversions, anime should not be something admitted to in public

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The anime movie I've seen and enjoyed was Akira and with that the source was better. The anime TV show I've watched and enjoyed is King of the Hill. That's all I know and that's all I care to know about all other anime.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

The Dennis System posted:

I think other mediums are like 80% trash and anime is like 99% trash.

the trash rate is right up there with "toothy blowjobs" and "professional occupations"

anime sucks

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Well, that's just like- your opinion man, and anyways you're wrong.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

hating anime is never not the correct and moral thing to do

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Sponge Baathist posted:

The anime TV show I've watched and enjoyed is King of the Hill. That's all I know and that's all I care to know about all other anime.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

the only thing i hate more than anime is myself

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
anime is a cancer, thankfully it can be treated easily.

just drink beer, eat pizza, play football, get pussy, and you should be rid of it in no time.

This post has been brought to you by the Goon Medical Association

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

you can watch an anime occasionally but don't be like "I like anime, it is among my interests"

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Ranma Fan Art posted:

i really liked jigoku shojo which is about a girl who was condemned to hell and runs a website where if you go to it at midnight and enter someone's name they will be sent to hell by her and her crew of hell minions who are all really cool. the person who makes the curse is also condemned to go to hell when they finally die so it is not just some free killing you guy. its also got like zero fanservice except that one of the hell minions is a big titty lady

this could be a real or a fake anime but either way I'm not gonna google any word from this post other than "big titty lady"

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Honestly though, even though it's really dumb, Death Note is the most entertaining TV show I've ever seen.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

Caesar Saladin posted:

you can watch an anime occasionally

nope. amine - not even once

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005
I HATE cinema. All of it. Every single movie they are all for pedophiles!

ps. I've only ever seen Ben Stiller films but I know I'm right and all the other ones are garbage too

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Serious question... Why are all anime primary protagonists children?

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
https://youtu.be/YqDRA60AgNs

Just for you OP!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Cromartie high school has Freddie mercury in it. A good show.

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
Anime is responsible for Naruto and Naruto fans. Unforgivable and irredeemable.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
Agreed OP last Friday's Jojo was OFF

THE

HOOK

What's gonna happen next week? I can't wait to find out!

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

hth posted:

the trash rate is right up there with "toothy blowjobs" and "professional occupations"

anime sucks

you have the perfect av for this thread tbh

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling
The Last Unicorn was my favourite movie as a child. It is the best anime.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Do Godzilla movies count as animes because most of them are at least entertaining and haven't gone creepy in the bad anime way.

I miss when anime wasn't creepy. Maybe it's always been and I just grew up or have spent too much time in GBS but yeah.

Giant robots are still cool though, right? Just have to avoid watching the shows and just buy the boss rear end model kits...

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i like anime just fine i just dont liek what it has done to our youth, anmine has pussified an entire generation of weaboo fanfiction authors and it's just downright unamerican.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I know it's not "OK" to like anime, but can I like anime girls? Like, say I really like this one anime girl and I really want to marry her and have sex with her, is that "OK"?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Captain Rufus posted:

Do Godzilla movies count as animes because most of them are at least entertaining and haven't gone creepy in the bad anime way.

I miss when anime wasn't creepy. Maybe it's always been and I just grew up or have spent too much time in GBS but yeah.

Giant robots are still cool though, right? Just have to avoid watching the shows and just buy the boss rear end model kits...

The new Godzilla movie was directed by the weirdos who made Evangelion so that retroactively makes all Godzilla movies amine.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

you fuckers saying you don't like most anime like it will inoculate you against being a brain dead pervert when you list the anime you do like are deluded

"most pedophilia is bad but some of it is actually very good"

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

"most pedophilia is bad but some of it is actually very good"

lewis carroll was a very good pedophile not good as in he was an effective pedophile i think he had some tism going on too but good as in his pedophilic rear end made a significant contribution to art and culture and there are probably at least a few more so the argument has some validity i guess

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

504 posted:

The average anime watcher:

"Oh sure MOST anime is bad, but you should watch **Whatever that nerd happens to like**, it's much better than the majority of stuff which is garbage to be honest"

Spidder posted:

I HATE cinema. All of it. Every single movie they are all for pedophiles!

ps. I've only ever seen Ben Stiller films but I know I'm right and all the other ones are garbage too

Roylicious posted:

I think it's just a medium and like everything else that exists 90% of the things done in that medium are bad but there's some cool things here and there.

That aside, I really enjoyed season 23 of "Lil girls that are really demons fucker, revenge of the weeaboo fantasy Nazi plane"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't like a thing that many other people here also do not like so i'm gonna post a thread as a naked plea for acceptance. hey op, maybe you should post a thread about something you do like, assuming such a thing exists.

edit: lol the op plays wow

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Oct 12, 2016

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i don't like a thing that many other people here also do not like so i'm gonna post a thread as a naked plea for acceptance. hey op, maybe you should post a thread about something you do like, assuming such a thing exists.

edit: lol the op plays wow

WoW is the anime of video games.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
u sound normal OP

good work OP~!

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
*replying to a poster with an anime avatar*

Wow! So brave! gently caress the haters!!!

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

*walks up to person denouncing cartoons of hypersexualized children*

hey, how about LIKING something for once in ur life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it always seemed suspicious to me that the people who fervently declare that they hate anime the most are always the ones who are real interested in the existence of sexualized children. push 'em far enough and they start naming titles which they only watched to confirm how gross they are.

• Locked thread