Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

I thought weve been over this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
More of a .txt than a .png but literally posted just now on my feed:

"Deadline tomorrow !!! Everything you've ever posted becomes public from tomorrow. Even messages that have been deleted or the photos not allowed. It costs nothing for a simple copy and paste, better safe than sorry. Channel 13 News talked about the change in Facebook's privacy policy. I do not give Facebook or any entities associated with Facebook permission to use my pictures, information, messages or posts, both past and future. With this statement, I give notice to Facebook it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, or take any other action against me based on this profile and/or its contents. The content of this profile is private and confidential information. The violation of privacy can be punished by law (UCC 1-308- 1 1 308-103 and the Rome Statute). NOTE: Facebook is now a public entity. All members must post a note like this. If you prefer, you can copy and paste this version. If you do not publish a statement at least once it will be tactically allowing the use of your photos, as well as the information contained in the profile status updates. DO NOT SHARE. Copy and paste"

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Just posted by the man himself....

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

ethanol posted:

Battlefield Perth

hahaha

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

Just came across this friend suggestion hmm

I have nothing against white people with dreads necessarily, it's just.. your blond is showing through on the top of your scalp.. etc. yeah

I refuse to believe that's not a photoshop.

ethanol posted:

Battlefield Perth

A+

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u3Z1zprxsE

Dreddout fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Oct 19, 2016

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

monkeytennis posted:

"Deadline tomorrow !!! Everything you've ever posted becomes public from tomorrow. Even messages that have been deleted or the photos not allowed. It costs nothing for a simple copy and paste, better safe than sorry. Channel 13 News talked about the change in Facebook's privacy policy. I do not give Facebook or any entities associated with Facebook permission to use my pictures, information, messages...

I got today in my feed too!

Hahahahaha

client
Aug 19, 2010

monkeytennis posted:

the Rome Statute

i lol every time at this part.

zuckerberg if you share that picture of me smoking a huge blunt you're getting tried for war crimes bitch

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
This was from a while ago, but I never posted it

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

drat, she's really trying to gently caress with the perspective.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
*incessant use of the word y'all from obnoxious tumblr posters and southern rednecks with the only dividing line between them being memes using tweety birds or bugs bunny.*

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ape Fist posted:

*incessant use of the word y'all from obnoxious tumblr posters and southern rednecks with the only dividing line between them being memes using tweety birds or bugs bunny.*

"yall" is good af

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Dreddout posted:

drat, she's really trying to gently caress with the perspective.

It's pretty much every single one of her posts

no mom very hungry
Oct 5, 2004

You are getting sleepy...

"If you do not publish a statement at least once it will be tactically allowing the use of your photos, as well as the information contained in the profile status updates."

:doh:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

It's pretty much every single one of her posts

I like how she manages to make her profile pick worst!

Girl needs to learn how to myspace angle!

no mom very hungry posted:

"If you do not publish a statement at least once it will be tactically allowing the use of your photos, as well as the information contained in the profile status updates."

:doh:

I DID NOT CREATE A JOINDER WITH THIS WEBSITE, YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO READ MY POSTS!

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

I get the battlefield earth part of that joke but what does perth have to do with that pic

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

fickle poofterist posted:

I get the battlefield earth part of that joke but what does perth have to do with that pic

White people in America, including Florida, got nothin on the whiteness of white Australia.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

I wanna see her hamfists

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

But yeah about the perth thing, explain it for us stateside and elsewhere.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
white people live in australia too

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

reallivedinosaur posted:

white people live in australia too

But they probably shouldn't, considering the skin cancer rates.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Anderron Shi posted:

But yeah about the perth thing, explain it for us stateside and elsewhere.

Perth rhymes with earth.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Ok as a Perth native I thought there was more to it then that. Continue on.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

we are the Funyuns posted:

Just posted by the man himself....

Okay, will someone explain Benghazi to me please? It's incredibly hard to search for on google because all the bullshit surrounding it these days. People make it sound like someone called up Hillary and said "The embassy is under attack! We can easily stop it, if only you'll give the word!" and then she was like "Eh, gently caress it idc". I'm guessing it was an issue with security where it's a "well, maybe we could have done something different" hindsight deal. Literally all the idiots at work share the "Hillary is a straight up killer!" type poo poo, and even though I try to keep my mouth shut about politics I"m sure someone will find out I'm not republican and I'll need to defend myself. I'm honestly not a Hillary fan, but I honestly think she's much better than Trump going on past experiences. I mean, why should I trust the people who just 1 year ago were so certain Obama was going to declare martial law to stay in power?

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

The local simpsons fan page is spamming memes and this came up.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Okay, will someone explain Benghazi to me please? It's incredibly hard to search for on google because all the bullshit surrounding it these days. People make it sound like someone called up Hillary and said "The embassy is under attack! We can easily stop it, if only you'll give the word!" and then she was like "Eh, gently caress it idc". I'm guessing it was an issue with security where it's a "well, maybe we could have done something different" hindsight deal. Literally all the idiots at work share the "Hillary is a straight up killer!" type poo poo, and even though I try to keep my mouth shut about politics I"m sure someone will find out I'm not republican and I'll need to defend myself. I'm honestly not a Hillary fan, but I honestly think she's much better than Trump going on past experiences. I mean, why should I trust the people who just 1 year ago were so certain Obama was going to declare martial law to stay in power?

Benghazi was an incident where US facilities were attacked in Libya. State Department had the opportunity to send additional security but didn't and since Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State she took responsibility. Because it was known she was going to run for president, Republicans latched on to it.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Awww.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
This just popped up on my feed. Next thing you know it's Children of the Corn time, I actually don't know what to think. If it were up to me every kid would have to go through the nightmare of kissing grandma and trying to avoid that mole with the hair coming out.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

FlimFlam Imam posted:

This just popped up on my feed. Next thing you know it's Children of the Corn time, I actually don't know what to think. If it were up to me every kid would have to go through the nightmare of kissing grandma and trying to avoid that mole with the hair coming out.

Wow that one makes me feel even more angry than I usually feel about these. loving burn everything.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
For what it's worth, not forcing your children to let family members touch them is a valid policy, and it weirds people out. The idea behind it is that when you allow relatives (who are adults and therefore authority figures) circumvent consent on a child, this transfers (in the child's mind) to ALL authority figures, which means all adults. So a child can feel obligated to let a teacher, neighbor, or family friend touch them whether or not they want them to.

This becomes a problem when, in the case of abuse, their brain is screaming at them "THIS FEELS WRONG!", but this completely valid warning instinct is suppressed by the parental conditioning that has taken place.

It becomes even more justified as a policy when viewed with the knowledge that the vast majority of child abuse is committed by relatives. We all know the stereotype of the pervy uncle Frank with his secret games of Closet Touch, but most of us don't think twice about the grandparents, cousins, and other family members capable of abuse.

If there's interest I can probably dig up some research, but this thread probably isn't the best place so feel free to PM me.

Edit: however, I agree that without the background information and explanation, it can off-putting to someone that doesn't understand the motivations behind it, and FB is a terrible place to have that conversation.

Target Practice fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Oct 19, 2016

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Yeah just burn everything

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Target Practice posted:

For what it's worth, not forcing your children to let family members touch them is a valid policy, and it weirds people out. The idea behind it is that when you allow relatives (who are adults and therefore authority figures) circumvent consent on a child, this transfers (in the child's mind) to ALL authority figures, which means all adults. So a child can feel obligated to let a teacher, neighbor, or family friend touch them whether or not they want them to.

This becomes a problem when, in the case of abuse, their brain is screaming at them "THIS FEELS WRONG!", but this completely valid warning instinct is suppressed by the parental conditioning that has taken place.

It becomes even more justified as a policy when viewed with the knowledge that the vast majority of child abuse is committed by relatives. We all know the stereotype of the pervy uncle Frank with his secret games of Closet Touch, but most of us don't think twice about the grandparents, cousins, and other family members capable of abuse.

If there's interest I can probably dig up some research, but this thread probably isn't the best place so feel free to PM me.

Edit: however, I agree that without the background information and explanation, it can off-putting to someone that doesn't understand the motivations behind it, and FB is a terrible place to have that conversation.

show me on the doll where aatrek touched you

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

ethanol posted:

show me on the doll where aatrek touched you

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm just lmaoing at the idea of meeting my baby nephews and cordially shaking hands and asking for consent to hug.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

This is satire right? It's too on the nose not to be.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

FedEx Mercury posted:

I'm just lmaoing at the idea of meeting my baby nephews and cordially shaking hands and asking for consent to hug.

Nah, it doesn't need to be awkward. You can still say "how about a hug" or mom can say "go give your uncle FedEx a hug" but if the kid is visibly reluctant or says "no, I don't wanna" everybody just keeps smiling and moves on to the next thing instead of trying to cajole him into it. Sometimes that's going to mean nice Auntie Mabel gets her feelings hurt.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Rockin Orthodontist posted:

Nah, it doesn't need to be awkward. You can still say "how about a hug" or mom can say "go give your uncle FedEx a hug" but if the kid is visibly reluctant or says "no, I don't wanna" everybody just keeps smiling and moves on to the next thing instead of trying to cajole him into it. Sometimes that's going to mean nice Auntie Mabel gets her feelings hurt.

What if your uncle is ted Cruz and he's running for president

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

ethanol posted:

call the cops and run

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
stop bringing your kids out in public problem solved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

ethanol posted:

Then it's already too late and escape is impossible.

• Locked thread