Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

#FreakyFacts - helicopters can hover :spooky:

e: I've been seeing a lot of people sharing stuff like '30 facts about saving private ryan you won't believe' etc - is something happening with that film?

ee: God drat this is the perfect follow up to the other egg post I had today:

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Oct 14, 2016

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

http://www.lostateminor.com/2016/08/06/dad-masterfully-shuts-down-his-daughters-ex-with-memes/

Dad shuts down his daughters ex with EPIC MEMES.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

The local simpsons fan page is spamming memes and this came up.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Oh man if they think that's gross, wait until they see what we do to animals!

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

The woman in the image has 2 spines, this baby was an abomination.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Dogs that don't look anything like celebrities!

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

The character then attempts to murder his family.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

I don't understand what this is trying to say? With logical deduction and some patience you can figure out which Muslims are terrorists? I feel like this would resonate with someone who didn't know how to play minesweeper.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Waterbed Wendy posted:

I went to that subreddit and I know this isn't from Fb or anything but it's too good not to share.

hahahahahaah 'I've rehearsed this in my head countless times and have only lost to one opponent.' They've been having fake fights in their head, but they still lost one.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

I just thought this was funny :shobon:

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

I'm just imagining the least romantic relationship ever. What do people in ultra-progressive relationships actually say if they cant handle being complimented?

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Just the whole attitude of it winds me up. You could apply the logic of this comic to any compliment to make it seem backhanded -
"You are a nice person" "Are you saying other people aren't nice?"
"I like you" "Are you suggesting that other people are unlikable?"

The whole 'it implies that if she engages in the same behaviour as 'other girls' she will lose her value' is just dumb as hell and I feel really badly for someone who constantly walks around with the need to deconstruct the language of other people looking for perceived insults.

Like, a loving relationship IS a comparison and value exercise! Why else would you choose any one person over others if there wasn't something about them that stood out to you? Does the woman in this comic go on to find someone else who says "You are just like other people, which is ok because all people are good" because to me that is what sounds backhanded, AND she would be devaluing her original partner if she were to go and find someone else, because he acted in a way that she didn't like. Also, her new relationship partner doesn't actually have to like anything about her (because everyone has likable traits!), so it wouldn't be fair to those other people if he were to suggest that her traits are better than theirs.

I've spent way too long thinking about this, but that's because its so loving stupid and I have the whole day off.

e: :kingsley::kingsley::kingsley::kingsley:

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Well I feel better.

Merry jpeg artifact-mas to all.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

It might be a setting in their phones that got hosed or something. If I put a fullstop, but then delete it, the phone still wants to use a capital as the next letter as though it were a new sentence. It still doesn't explain doing it for every single word though.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

OMFG FURRY posted:

i wish i was stupid enough to think Big Pharma only makes profits from cancer treatments and not be angry about like anti-depressants and xanex

I've seen this going around, the original says that the forest is an anti depressant and the tablets are poo poo. There is no happy medium like 'medication combined with a balanced lifestyle can improve your mental health'.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jan 25, 2017

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

I like how culture, shiny, and trendy are way up there for geeky people.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Someone shared this saying that they totally agree -
http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/sarah-kendall/technology-has-made-so-many-old-movies-impossible-to-watch_a_21903806/

Heres a quote:

quote:

"The film is set in the year it was made; 1995. It's a sweet movie about two young people who meet on a train and then spend one day and one night together in Vienna. The charming simplicity of the story would be impossible to set in the present day. Two people just talking.

Even the start of the movie feels highly unlikely. They meet on a train -- they're both reading. No headphones, no movies, no games. No iPhones, no texting or email or Twitter or... you get the picture. They're just reading their books and occasionally looking out the window when they both overhear a weird and amusing conversation in their train carriage. Dramatically, this is a great opportunity for two people to start talking, but it would never happen these days. I've been so engrossed in watching 'The Bridge' on train journeys that the person sitting next to me could be on fire and I wouldn't notice. Unless they were being noisy, or if some of the flames started to leap onto my belongings, in which case I might shoot them a look.

In the movie, these two charming young people start chatting, get along well, jump out at a train station and go for a wander. No Google Maps, no website that suggests a café with an average user rating of 4.5 stars -- they just walk aimlessly and find their own way through the city."

I'm so sad that there are people who think that talking to strangers or wandering around a new place 'never happens' or is 'impossible'.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Australian conservative christian politician reminds people to boycott a particular brand of chocolate over easter because halal certification funds terrorism and erodes our values. A perfect honeypot for xenophobes and armchair theologians.

https://www.facebook.com/9NewsPerth/videos/1579281618750659/

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Hm lets see what's on facebook today.

Aw poo poo..

This is a bit out of order, but green tries to make the point that gender doesn't matter and people are people and representation isn't important, since that always goes well. (Red is just 'everyone else')

It didn't take long for them to turn puppet master.

Pink tries to defuse the situation!

This went on for about 500 comments, until green declared themselves the winner the next day. (Blue tried to dissect greens posts for logic).

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

"Unforgettable vacation in Illinois"

"It wasn't in illinois"

"Oh haha I guess i forgot"

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Lacey posted:

I can only assume there's something wrong between her nose and her mons Venus.

Yes, there's a board in front of it :smuggo:

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

https://media.giphy.com/media/26BRwHxGJv5RAbqY8/giphy.gif

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Posts from antivaxxers -

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

The real horror story is telling it across 13+ twitter posts.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

This is like that apartment tower game or whatever, where people dedicate shrines to random memes.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

A relative shared this, this is the original post.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

:munch:

hold hands at the park posted:

I'm tired of everybody always claiming they went on an "adventure".

Adventure:
1. an unusual and exciting, typically hazardous, experience or activity.

Typically hazardous. Spending the day downtown and trying a new ice cream shop is not an adventure. Walking around in the drainage culvert behind your house is not an adventure, unless you're 5.

But there are germs outside!

The sad part to me is the 'updated five years ago'. No adventuring since :(

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 04:54 on May 27, 2017

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Anything along the lines of 'I love naps', or 'I adulted today', or 'pizza is a food group too' needs to be purged from the internet. The woman who posted this is an e-celeb along the lines of jenna marbles who is just popular for talking about herself. All the replies are people tagging their friends saying 'omg so me' and 'totally us xxx'

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

:chloe:

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jun 1, 2017

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

I just had to do some digging on this person (more like dredging :negative:) after reading their comment about offshore wind farms -

They provided some more entertainment which, led me onto another person, and then I just spiraled deep into the stupid and/or scary parts of fb.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jun 2, 2017

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

I just found 'gently caress the patriarchy' really funny here.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I'm gonna start my kids off on 56k so they get the authentic internet experience like I had

Having a data quota or speed limit might be a good way to control internet use in kids. 'You used up your 2GB allowance already? I guess you have to wait until next week for more!' But I don't have kids so what do I know.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

A good thing I saw on fb today.

https://www.theverge.com/tldr/2017/6/21/15845032/robot-sumo-wrestling-fast-furious

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

As soon as he tried to make america again he made a choice. Before he tried to make america again, he did not want to make america great again.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

I just don't get why people would be consuming the stuff that comes from a system which has evolved specifically to get rid of things your body does not want in it.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

OMFG FURRY posted:

is that a nipple on his arm

The tattoo is down the side of his torso.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

So perfect :discourse::discourse::discourse::discourse::discourse: out of 5

• Locked thread