Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
See, that one I like, because it suggests God has a rather cruel sense of humor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

TotalLossBrain posted:

Why are these dumb preggo pics always taken half-naked?

fetish reasons

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
This is surely a topic that warranted this much discussion.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

That's a pro-click.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Bombadilillo posted:

I'm more think of it being your duty as a person to get a job.

Do it now.
gently caress college. gently caress the "right job" Mike Rowe says just work yourself to death and smile.

I think he's speaking more towards people who wait rather than advance. Like, you work as a cashier for five years because you're waiting for your shot to go to art school or something; the message I'd take away is that he's saying you should put your effort and energy into the job you have at hand, and excel at it. You may not end up making a career out of it, but it is better to take pride in yourself and your work, even if it isn't work you'd like to be doing.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Snatch Duster posted:

The enlighten ditch digger ideology

And what's your philosophy then, o captain of industry?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Snatch Duster posted:

Whitey can get out.

But we do the jobs nobody else wants to do

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Dreddout posted:

Nobody "works their way up" anymore

You get hired for the job you do and you remain their until you quit or are fired.

This just speaks to the general trend toward contract work in recent years

This may very well be true; I certainly saw no true upward mobility at the service industry workplaces I did. I had better options working in a warehouse, but only marginally so.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Huh, if Rowe's gone off a deep end that's unfortunate, I enjoyed Dirty Jobs and I thought that it was pretty nice to have a TV personality advocating that people study the trades and honor manual labor more. We live in an era where everyone is basically educated by society to be clerks, and people sneer at being, say, a plumber, despite how much money that job earns and the skill and craft required to perform it well.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Hell yeah, the 90's had all the best cartoons too

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Zahgaegun posted:

Growing up with these cousins was an experience and a half.

So did the voices ever leave you alone?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Kullik posted:

I went to school with a guy, and in his last year there he showed up with a big ol' tattoo in what looked like times new roman or some lovely system font of his first name on his arm.
No one seemed to find this funny apart from me, i got told i was a dick cause i asked if that was in case he forgot his own name.

That is usually something you say to someone whom you wish to be a dick to, yes.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Only weirdos call women "females"

or police

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Candlelight Virgil posted:

I wonder if he took her to Cuck E. Cheese.

I wonder if she's aware she's blue balling the gently caress out of this poor dork

I think she is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Professor Shark posted:

From Bioshock's Facebook page:

Would you rather live in Rapture or Columbia?

Male videogamers are terrible lol

I dunno that's pretty funny

• Locked thread