Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Moridin920 posted:

we misread the security situation (hindsight is 20/20 obviously) and as a result our embassy got attacked and the people there were killed

Clinton took responsibility bc as SecState she's ultimately responsible for embassy stuff but people have taken that and blown it up into 'HRC did that on purpose!!!'

at most you could say we should have known because other countries were pulling their embassy staff but then again if the US embassy in Benghazi is at all similar to other US embassies I've seen they already had way tighter security than the other embassies anyway so it's understandable to think we had some more wiggle room. for example in Bulgaria the USA has cordoned off an entire city block and lets no one onto the surrounding roadblocked streets if they have no business there, as opposed to the other countries which just have a building like you'd expect.

Also the ambassador there explicitly and publicly chose to not have security around him and would regularly go to the beach on his own, etc., as part of wanting to be seen as accessible and helpful to the local community. There was no one even close enough to the embassy to provide support within the timeframe that the attack happened, even if everyone had been supremely on top of their poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
A 5-year-old who hasn't acquired object permanence would be pretty hosed up

• Locked thread