Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

V has some of the greatest gameplay but a pretty poo poo story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I agree with their opinions on every video game, for instance Alien: Isolation was a boring slog to get through.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I can't wait for this new Plinko review to drop tomorrow. Anybody want to come with me to the screening party in Milwaukee?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i watched a live stream of them playing ace attorney where they read the text in dumb voices which is peak Jack Aids

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

a bone to pick posted:

I agree with their opinions on every video game, for instance Alien: Isolation was a boring slog to get through.

Alien Isolation is dumb garbage and DOOM is the best game ever, so I agree with 100% of the prerecs I've seen.

Cum.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dongicus posted:

i watched a live stream of them playing ace attorney where they read the text in dumb voices which is peak Jack Aids

To be fair this is the worst kind of stream/lets play no matter what, even without jack talking in his poo poo pee pee voice

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I can't believe I ever defended Jack.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Jack is great and I sing the pee pee poo poo song every day.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
MGSV has some great gameplay but boy howdy does it get old and start to turn into a slog after a while. It's definitely my least favorite Metal Gear game.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gammatron 64 posted:

MGSV has some great gameplay but boy howdy does it get old and start to turn into a slog after a while. It's definitely my least favorite Metal Gear game.

You would seriously rate V lower than Ac!d 2?

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
V taught me that the novelty of entering and leaving covert missions in a cool helicopter lasts maybe two hours tops.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I would be super down with the chopper riding in MGS5 if it only happened during story missions and never ever for side missions or just hanging out in the game world.

In movie news, I rewatched The Shining today and yup it's still one of the best movies ever made. My list of 'best movies ever made' is very long though so I dunno how much credence that lends to it

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
great, now this rlm thread is infected with stupid video game chat just like the last one. bugger you video game nerds!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

dreezy posted:

great, now this rlm thread is infected with stupid video game chat just like the last one. bugger you video game nerds!

Look, this is GBS. It's either cumchat or nerds getting mad at games.

The only thing that makes this thread stand out is we laboriously rank the RLMs every other day or two. Then it's back to cumchat and nerds getting mad at games.

Rich is best, cum, DOOM is the best game ever.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I cannot understand how much I loving love DOOM.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Berious posted:

To be fair Jack likes lovely pixel games and Rich hasn't liked a new style of game since 1996

Rich Evans likes new Xcom and doesn't care much about classic Xcom and so Rich Evans is wrong.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

dreezy posted:

Anything is better than fabgoons posting nasty poo poo about Jay.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Look, this is GBS. It's either cumchat or nerds getting mad at games.

The only thing that makes this thread stand out is we laboriously rank the RLMs every other day or two. Then it's back to cumchat and nerds getting mad at games.

Rich is best, cum, DOOM is the best game ever.

Let's mix it up a bit.

List your guesses for who on the RLM team is circumcised.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

we all know you couldn't circumcise the mighty jack packing

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I hope it's okay if I post this, as it's going to be on youtube soon anyway, and it's just audio. Mike's just uploaded some bits from the upcoming review for patreon supporters, and oh man, I guess this is true what people on the internet say about RLM. Just listen to this.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Paladinus posted:

I hope it's okay if I post this, as it's going to be on youtube soon anyway, and it's just audio. Mike's just uploaded some bits from the upcoming review for patreon supporters, and oh man, I guess this is true what people on the internet say about RLM. Just listen to this.

ban this sick filth

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
i'd like to be the one to snipe the video post but i'm gonna be too busy down at the massage parlour today :(

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Dongicus posted:

Haha yeah I thought I was going to get to experience Jack and Rich laughing at the good natured humor and clever writing of the Ace Attorney games. Holy poo poo was I led astray.

Let's Plays where the LPer reads the text are goddamn cancerous.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

RyokoTK posted:

Let's Plays where the LPer reads the text are goddamn cancerous.

Vinesauce is great though

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

a bone to pick posted:

I am mixed with their opinions. love the arkham, alien, quantam break(which i sort of agree with, i like story driven games but ones that actualy work, unlike stupid tv show pilots) love the order 1886 and doom epsodes. i think they are wrong about MGS V but i get where they come from.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Rich and Jack get really mad at Kojima because they say his games are tonally weird and don't make sense but they somehow like Marvel and DC comics I don't get those crazy kids.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Junkfist posted:

Rich and Jack get really mad at Kojima because they say his games are tonally weird and don't make sense but they somehow like Marvel and DC comics I don't get those crazy kids.

They are right though msgv had cool open world grounded gameplay then out of nowhere space vampires and mechs our some silly poo poo in the cut scenes. Then they ran out of ideas and added the mechs to gameplay and I got sick of it. Maybe it makes sense if you've played the series but for a newbie it was like paying one game and watching a totally different game's story. Also the opening was terrible and self indulgent

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
MGS is the loving definition of tonal dissonance.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
MGS games are what players say they want. And players complain anyway.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Yes ok it's a Kojima universe so it's an autistic fever dream that talks about AI memes and hamburgers and poo poo but the series ends with a timeline of things that definitely, for sure happened.

Meanwhile on earth-234 prime the infinity jewels and black lanterns or whatever have time traveled or shifted dimensions and restarted the universe and made 4 supermen from the dead one I think???

Does this nullify the UN legislation they signed after all those kids died in an exploding playground???

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Berious posted:

They are right though msgv had cool open world grounded gameplay then out of nowhere space vampires and mechs our some silly poo poo in the cut scenes. Then they ran out of ideas and added the mechs to gameplay and I got sick of it. Maybe it makes sense if you've played the series but for a newbie it was like paying one game and watching a totally different game's story. Also the opening was terrible and self indulgent

Out of nowhere some mechs? Did you go in literally never heard of Metal Gear before?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Out of nowhere some mechs? Did you go in literally never heard of Metal Gear before?

Metal Gear?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
When that bald guy is in a video I don't watch because I hate him. I like the fat guy, the fatter guy and the troll boy.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

No, a weapon to surpass Metal Gear.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Junkfist posted:

Yes ok it's a Kojima universe so it's an autistic fever dream that talks about AI memes and hamburgers and poo poo but the series ends with a timeline of things that definitely, for sure happened.

Meanwhile on earth-234 prime the infinity jewels and black lanterns or whatever have time traveled or shifted dimensions and restarted the universe and made 4 supermen from the dead one I think???

Does this nullify the UN legislation they signed after all those kids died in an exploding playground???

I can't wait until the MCU movies start to run out of ideas and they start to do the the no one can ever die for real because everyone is a clone or impostor/multiple universes/timetravel clusterfuck/constant reboot/every hero has been played by seven different characters nonsense that actual comic books consider normal.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Daddy's Cummies

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

qft

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I liked the first Metal Gear game. I consider it one of the all time greats

I loved that sniper chick fight, my young nerd heart found it very moving. Other than the first one I also played Metal Gear Revengeance which owned for entirely different reasons and I hope we get a sequel

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah never played the series before

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Berious posted:

Yeah never played the series before

OK, but MGSVTPP was the seventh Metal Gear Solid game. They have robots and the plots are a mixture of serious stuff, silly stuff, and silly stuff you're expected to take seriously. It's been that way since MGS1. Complaining about it is like me picking up Animal Crossing New Leaf and being all, "What's this furniture and houses poo poo?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Junkfist posted:

What are you arguing.

• Locked thread