Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I thought it was a fun 90 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

He's a monster who wants revenge, and he has a superweapon.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Capntastic posted:

Script people don't realize that not every character is clever enough to machine gun out one-liners and execs don't care because bite sized catchphrases are more profitable than action figures

There are a lot of writers who struggle to write different voices for their characters. Because scripts are then handed to a director and a bunch of actors to bring the scripts to life, I suspect a lot of screenplay writers struggle even more with learning this.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

I guess Rey really is a Mary Sue, because I really can't think of any flaws she has.

Orphan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruhKoJBVKYs&t=12s

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Do we really need a training sequence? Can we just kinda move on to something more interesting?

• Locked thread