Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Son Rich Evans so what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Nerds need a correct amount of bullying to stay in line. Jack allows Rich to exist in a totally unbullied state, which creates an unnatural imbalance.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Want a bite of that juicy USDA Jay Grade Jay Meat

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I hate it when fan artists don't get mike's elf ears right.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's still laughably dumb that the exhaust port was put there on purpose. the entire point was the empire lost their giant battle station due to hubris! you ruined it!

But everything in starwars has to be connected, preferably by blood.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Guy Goodbody posted:

If it was an intentional weakness, why did the guy design it so it was a shot that literally required magic to pull off?

Because his adoptive father's cousin's wife designed the targeting systems on x-wings and was also force sensitive and knew that the right farm boy using the force sitting in the pilot's seat could pull it off. There's a whole comic series about it.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

People who reply to and engage Yug <-------------- Yugs actual posting

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Other than sometimes Jay it seems none of them give a gently caress about how they dress or groom them selves in any way.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

It's funny if rich actually fucks up words when he's usually the only sober one there.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

jay is incredibly defeatable.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'll watch max landis jar jar movie

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

KakerMix posted:

I saw a comment somewhere that she was a female Morty

holy poo poo it's true.
I'm glad she's "made it" on youtube now, I just wish it was more possible to make it without being attached to some lovely sell out hype machine.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Jenny nicholson is good for what she does and the target demo she's pitching towards, I just always feel a touch too old for her stuff most of the time. I think a lot of us here are closer to the RLM's guys ages and she's what, early mid 20's? Some sort of millennial falcon? I really liked her making GBS threads on R1 video, and her cosplay interview clickbait was entertaining, but the rest of the stuff she talks about just makes me feel out and out of touch with what kids these days are into.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

a bone to pick posted:

Piss is sterile, if anything that pisstub was more sanitary than water.

You ignorant fool, you buffoon.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Every night it's a piss festival

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Stalingrad is a good war movie.
A good war movie should leave you feeling like "holy poo poo what a loving waste, what a loving disaster" not "Hoorah!! Troops are heroes! Bring em on!"

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Zzulu posted:

If they're gonna do war movies they need to focus less on brave american heroes on the western front and do a few movies of the hardcore front, the east, with Russia. That's where the war was decided... Two thirds of the german army was defeated there, not on the western pussy rear end front. Then they pushed back all the way to Berlin and fuckin took the city.

Insane numbers of russians died in that meatgrinder. It was a huge front. I've seen like, one hollywood movie about it? The one with Jude Law as a sniper

I can't remember any other big ones

Russia already produced a thousand of these, some are pretty good, but if you think american WWII movies reek of nationalism and rose-coloured glasses and worship of the "greatest generation" they got nothing on Russian war movies.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

priznat posted:

A Canadian WW2 movie would be problematic because our alt-right/racist idiots have adopted the red ensign (the flag before the current maple leaf) as their version of the confederate flag.

I wish I was joking.

This explains why I've been seeing the old red ensign on the back of trucks that also have the loving confederate flag on them somewhere too and a bunch of pro-military stuff.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I did like 5 rounds but it eventually got Rich Evans because it asked "If your character quite round"

Also on the way asking 100% "youtuber" questions it pops this.

I wasn't sure how to answer.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Aug 4, 2017

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

How much are movie prices where people live? Here it's like $12 which makes it rare for us to see movies in the theater because that's almost dinner-out money.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Man these guys have made what, 2, 3 videos already about that ghost busters everyone's forgotten and gotten over by now? Mike really can't get over that poo poo.
On the other hand, someone obsessively hateful about something can produce some excellent comedy, even many years after it was relevant (see: all plinkett reviews)

The most hosed up problematic thing they've ever done though is Jack's mouse+gamepad combo though.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I was seriously going to joke that "It's as crazy as someone playing a FPS using a mouse and a flight sim joystick" and some how swearing the rudder twist controls give a huge FPS advantage.

I guess I'll have to move on and say "at least he isnt using a mouse + race sim setup using the steering wheel to strafe and the pedals for forward/back"

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I don't think I've played an FPS since the STALKER series ended, holy poo poo.
Why are there no good FPS games with like actual cool gunplay? I remember that FEAR game having really good AI and gunplay but FPSs seem to be entirely twitchy console-friendly poo poo now, or horrible half finished early-access open world survival games.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

This guy's entire channel is a pro click

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Jack in a wig

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I always thought I knew Feig from somewhere but I didn't, but he's absolutely a Scott Thompson character that's leapt into reality. There's a physical resemblance and he acts and talks exactly how I'd imagine Scott Thompson would play the friendly and nice but absolutely talentless director in some kids in the hall sketch about a disaster of a movie but gosh isn't the director nice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQLKC3UVrvc
Here's more current older Scott Thompson dressed up and boy there's a resemblance both in speech and mannerisms.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Aug 9, 2017

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

You can absolutely improv a science fiction or fantasy thing, I've seen it done hilariously. Guess what, they gave scenes time to breathe and aren't talking non-stop with every line being a desperate demand for attention. But there's a big difference in expectations between going to see a live improv group and what should be a big budget polished blockbuster.

Curb your Enthusiasm was heavily heavily improvised but the tone and humour of the show works well for that. And once again, it's fine to have moments where no one is talking, where a scene plays out without dialog to build up for the punchline, which can once again not involve talking, it can be as simple as a facial expression. Mike nailed ghost busters saying it's like 2 kids in the back of a car. I went on a road trip with my friend's 2 little girls, 6 and 10, great kids but you know how kids get when they are excited and really want to impress an adult and get their attention and it's just non-stop even if they don't have anything to say

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Evil Canadian posted:

Wait so is there rad cardassians in arrival?

There's a lovely backwards military dictatorship that loves to occupy and genocide other cultures for their own good and who doesn't understand the aliens so wants to destroy/control them in the arrival, so yes.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Zzulu posted:

The thing remake was poo poo

All the characters were boring, the thing monsters looked bad and it wasn't particularly scary. Just not very good

What's super sad beyond the movie just having a ho-hum plot and, while not terrible, lacked anything interesting, was the fact that they set out to do everything old school with mostly physical effects and a company spent like a year prepping and were going to take physical effects to the next level but at the last moment they decided "lol nope 100% CG"

Also I showed my wife the plinket review, she got interested because I said it talks about improv. She's been taking improv classes for the last year or so.
She had to pause the video at times and just rant about how everyone was breaking some of the most 101 level fundamental rules of doing a multi-person improv scene. She was breaking down why their improv was bad how mike breaks down why starwars is bad. She was also telling me that when you are doing a whole show that's supposed to have an actual plot you have someone sort of in charge, a director or someone off-stage to signal when a scene is done, to change to the next scene, and to help keep things moving. She was yelling at the screen "cut!! stop!! OH MY GOD STOP TALKING!!! WHY IS NO ONE TELLING THEM TO STOP?!" so many times.

So not only was it a terrible idea to let them just improvise every scene without any direction, their improv was actually really bad and they were constantly breaking the basic rules that try to keep scenes relevant and interesting and to oh my god STOP TALKING STOP DANCING STOP DANCING STOP DANCING SHUT UP.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Aug 9, 2017

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Apparently there's a new dune in the works. I like Denis Villeneuve's work but I'm worried for his future career if the new blade runner is poo poo they may axe Dune.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I liked both Dredds. The Karl Urban one is absolutely the better movie but the Stalone one seemed to capture the camp and don't-give-a-poo poo silliness of the comics, it's fun. Demolition Man is great too.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

bloom posted:

Lexx was the pinnacle of scifi as a genre and everyone should have stopped making spaceman stories after it.

I'm Barry Bostwick's rainbow skirt.

http://i.imgur.com/bWdZLdz.mp4

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

(oops)

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Aug 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"