Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
would vvitch be better if they just cut out the witch at the beginning? for example I watched Frighteners but missed it by like 10 minutes, and it was a way way better movie without the opening monster chasescene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
the neon demon OST is p deece, I really like Mine by Sweet Tempest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_hCoPa5kj4

don't care for the rest tho :shobon:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Ben affleck isn't directing his batman movie!!! The dceu is gonna implode, wooooo!

ben affleck is a good actor and director

but yeah dc is toast

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
also what are the odds that the Germans won't be played by actualy Germans :argh:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

priznat posted:

I'm hoping they review Split and.. disagree?

heh

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

priznat posted:

And lots of polyamory/polyandry fuckin'.

looots of Sci Fi is this tho

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
it's like people forget that rlm makes fun of (in their words) sjws and (apparently) forced diversity in movies

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Paladinus posted:

I can only watch movie reviews by people who share my political views. Additionally, I only watch movies that confirm them.

must be hard for you, watching only Adam Sandler movies

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Libelous Slander posted:

I thought losing at gay chicken was when you ejaculate first???

only if you beat each other off :eng101:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

FrankeeFrankFrank posted:

Saying "he's not cool, he's mysognistic!" is like saying "he's not cool, he's cool!"

uh that's not true?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Jessica Jones was awesome, literally the best leather jacket in the business

also I hope the actress learns to fight for the next season because lmao

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

JB50 posted:

gently caress martial arts Keanu is badass:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCIgpUTvfsA

whoa

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

revdrkevind posted:

I like when a friend is tired of hearing about Hamilton so they're finally like okay what the hell is this about.

So I play the title track and-

My name is Alexander Hamilton, and I... like to use a hammer a ton. My name is Alexander Hamilton so I like to... lick a salty ham a ton.
BECAUSE MY NAME IS ALEXANDER HAM-IL-TON.

(Makes intimidating gestures while wearing day-glo pants because I'm a kid in the 90s.)

yeah it's a good musical get over it

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Whorelord posted:

We recently had a guest in town (not Max Landis) and shot a few videos, including a new Best of the Worst. We also have another guest coming into town very soon (also not Max Landis) and will be shooting a few more videos with them. Plus Logan opens this weekend which means it's back to work at the VCR repair shop. Not to mention we shot a re:View recently for a kind-of beloved but also kind-of forgotten about 90s action movie. Lots of excitement! There will be LOTS of editing going on in March!

thanks mike

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

lol

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Trunko posted:

Why does the girl in that ghostly shell movie where a weird skin colored wet suit?

shes a robot

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

oohhboy posted:

What's the word on a Deus Ex movie?

literally nobody asked for this :mad:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Quantum of Phallus posted:

yeah 100%. Every single one of them is too long and falls off after 6 episodes. DDS2 had the exact same problem with Bernethal as Punisher. Once that storyline kinda wrapped up and we had to watch the Elektra stuff, I stopped.

Jessica Jones was good though, but then again she only had one season (and there is no Alias comic to make a second one, is there?).

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Westworld was great, Anthony Hopkins was great.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Shinjobi posted:

Ghost in the Shell has an explanation for the white washing in its script. Cute.

Y'know, the movie has the same slow pace as the first animated film, and despite everything I got the feeling that the head honcho behind this adaptation really wanted to do the franchise justice.

I don't know if I'd call it good, but it certainly tried its damndest.

how's the score?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
am I the only Mike here?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Grevling posted:

What the hell does squeezing gats mean?

shooting pistols

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Andro Dunos posted:

Who is the actress tied up on the bed in Raw Force? I want to use her rear end as a pillow irl.

same

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
as someone who grew up on the Valerian comics I can't forgive the awful casting, ruins the whole movie for me

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Andro Dunos posted:

Helen Hunt was a QT in the 80s

oh yeah :allears:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
happy page 666 everyone

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
the new stuff with Vulcan was kinda jarring, Corbin Bernsen is a genius cast, but the writing was just bad for that episode

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

CelticPredator posted:

Sicario is kind of a masterpiece. I still have to see Prisoners. Arrival was amazing and moved me more than any film I've ever seen.

Prisoners made me lose sleep, Jake owns as always

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

King Vidiot posted:

I can't tell what the gently caress you're saying here but it sounds like "Replicants are not androids" and that would make you wrong

boy did you read that wrong haha

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

WampaLord posted:

I was really disappointed at John Wick's 2 ending, because it went on for like a minute longer than it needed to, and there was such a loving effective stopping point that they missed. I guess I'll use spoiler tags, but it's really not that big a spoiler.

Here's how it should have ended:

John Wick: "Tell them that I'll kill all of them"

Ian McShane: "Of course you will!"

SMASH TO CREDITS that say "John Wick will return"

Like, bing bong bing, so simple, but instead we see him run away for like 60 seconds while a bunch of people get texts. Yawn.

Rest of the movie was amazing, though.

It could have ended even a little earlier, we literally know what will happen

unless they found in screenings that the majority didn't get it? idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

thoughts and prayers posted:

nope

serious post, they're *exactly* like the fundie baptists I grew up with

circular logic:
- god answering prayers is proof, god not answering prayers is a test of your faith
- women feeling oppressed is proof, women not feeling oppressed is self oppression
check

double standards:
- when you do a bad thing it's satan, when I do I'm forgiven
- when you do a bad thing it's oppressive patriarchy, when I do it's striking back
check

I could go on

but that would be even more boring

that's some :chloe: poo poo right there

• Locked thread